Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    1 - fixed, 2 - is introduced, but in new version (I don't remember if in the September, or in the next patch).
    About issue number 2, i got the exact same code in export_descr_buildings, but it seems like i misunderstood the +3 in my buildings (it must be from this line
    farming_level 3 requires factions { all, } and not event_counter is_the_player 1) and as a player i can never get this. Still, grain producing provinces get neither the +2 bonus before ECONOMY_SCYTHE nor the +3 after, so i guess it is not introduced in my 0.98 version.

About Notre Dame, it also goes away when you build it (still it being fixed is a relief, especially for Albigensian Heresy which sometimes pops up twice in a turn)

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by minhnd6789 View Post
    I notice that I cannot appoint any Governor position for the Al-Wasit castle of Abbasid.
    No kind of Noble or Family member can take the position.

Can you check it out, please?
    OK, you've made me to fix these three PTs for the new version. It was overdue for like 3 years.
    ;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------; TEMPORARY FIX FOR 3 MISSING PTs
    ;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Aberdeen
    Ancillary PT_Aberdeen_C
    Type dearmad_her
    Transferable 1
    Image CoA_Aberdeen.tga
    Description PT_Aberdeen_C_desc
    EffectsDescription PT_Aberdeen_C_effects_desc
    Effect LocalPopularity 1
    Effect Trading 10
    Effect Farming 2

;------------------------------------------
    Ancillary PT_Aberdeen_O
    Type dearmad_her
    Transferable 1
    Image CoA_Aberdeen.tga
    Effect LocalPopularity 1
    Effect Trading 10
    Effect Farming 2

Ancillary PT_Aberdeen_M
    Type dearmad_her
    Transferable 1
    Image CoA_Aberdeen.tga
    Effect LocalPopularity 1
    Effect Trading 10
    Effect Farming 2

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Valladolid
    Ancillary PT_Valladolid_C
    Type dearmad_her
    Transferable 1
    Image CoA_Valladolid.tga
    Description PT_Valladolid_C_desc
    EffectsDescription PT_Valladolid_C_effects_desc
    Effect LocalPopularity 1
    Effect Trading 10
    Effect Farming 2

Ancillary PT_Valladolid_O
    Type dearmad_her
    Transferable 1
    Image CoA_Valladolid.tga
    Description PT_Valladolid_O_desc
    EffectsDescription PT_Valladolid_O_effects_desc
    Effect LocalPopularity 1
    Effect Trading 10
    Effect Farming 2

Ancillary PT_Valladolid_M
    Type dearmad_her
    Transferable 1
    Image CoA_Valladolid.tga
    Description PT_Valladolid_M_desc
    EffectsDescription PT_Valladolid_M_effects_desc
    Effect LocalPopularity 1
    Effect Trading 10
    Effect Farming 2

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Wasit
    Ancillary PT_Wasit_C
    Type dearmad_her
    Transferable 1
    Image CoA_Wasit.tga
    Description PT_Wasit_C_desc
    EffectsDescription PT_Wasit_C_effects_desc
    Effect LocalPopularity 1
    Effect Trading 10
    Effect Farming 2

Ancillary PT_Wasit_O
    Type dearmad_her
    Transferable 1
    Image CoA_Wasit.tga
    Description PT_Wasit_O_desc
    EffectsDescription PT_Wasit_O_effects_desc
    Effect LocalPopularity 1
    Effect Trading 10
    Effect Farming 2

Ancillary PT_Wasit_M
    Type dearmad_her
    Transferable 1
    Image CoA_Wasit.tga
    Description PT_Wasit_M_desc
    EffectsDescription PT_Wasit_M_effects_desc
    Effect LocalPopularity 1
    Effect Trading 10
    Effect Farming 2

@Jurand: Thank you very much for solution.

Quote Originally Posted by minhnd6789 View Post
    @Jurand: Thank you very much for solution.
    oh, no, it's not the solution. You'd need also to add descriptions, pic, and tiggers. These will be present in the next version of the SSHIP.
    {PT_Aberdeen_C_desc} In charge of Northern Alba.{PT_Aberdeen_C_effects_desc}Very good governor, with boost for trade: +1 to popularity, +20% income from trade, 140 fl. more income from landowners.
    {PT_Aberdeen_C} Lord of Aberdeen
    {PT_Aberdeen_O_desc} In charge of Northern Alba.
    {PT_Aberdeen_O_effects_desc}Very good governor, with boost for trade: +1 to popularity, +20% income from trade, 140 fl. more income from landowners.
    {PT_Aberdeen_O} Strategos of Aberdeen
    {PT_Aberdeen_M_desc} In charge of Northern Alba.
    {PT_Aberdeen_M_effects_desc}Very good governor, with boost for trade: +1 to popularity, +20% income from trade, 140 fl. more income from landowners.
    {PT_Aberdeen_M} Amir of Aberdeen
    {PT_Valladolid_C_desc} In charge of the heart of Castille.
    {PT_Valladolid_C_effects_desc}Very good governor, with boost for trade: +1 to popularity, +20% income from trade, 140 fl. more income from landowners.
    {PT_Valladolid_C} Lord of Valladolid
    {PT_Valladolid_O_desc} In charge of the heart of Castille.
    {PT_Valladolid_O_effects_desc}Very good governor, with boost for trade: +1 to popularity, +20% income from trade, 140 fl. more income from landowners.
    {PT_Valladolid_O} Strategos of Valladolid
    {PT_Valladolid_M_desc} In charge of the heart of Castille.
    {PT_Valladolid_M_effects_desc}Very good governor, with boost for trade: +1 to popularity, +20% income from trade, 140 fl. more income from landowners.
    {PT_Valladolid_M} Amir of Valladolid
    {PT_Wasit_C_desc} In charge of the heart of Iraq.
    {PT_Wasit_C_effects_desc}Very good governor, with boost for trade: +1 to popularity, +20% income from trade, 140 fl. more income from landowners.
    {PT_Wasit_C} Lord of Wasit
    {PT_Wasit_O_desc} In charge of the heart of Iraq.
    {PT_Wasit_O_effects_desc}Very good governor, with boost for trade: +1 to popularity, +20% income from trade, 140 fl. more income from landowners.
    {PT_Wasit_O} Strategos of Wasit
    {PT_Wasit_M_desc} In charge of the heart of Iraq.
    {PT_Wasit_M_effects_desc}Very good governor, with boost for trade: +1 to popularity, +20% income from trade, 140 fl. more income from landowners.
    {PT_Wasit_M} Amir of Wasit

Yes I understand it will be presented in the next version.
    I mean to thank you for listen and solve my issue.
    Good job, man!

opaxite's Avatar Foederatus

Sadly, I've encountered a strange gamebreaking bug.
    Once I end my turn, the game freezes on Portugal's turn.

It's 1311, can anyone check if the're getting it, too?
    Here's the save.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Indeed, same observation on my side!
    As there is no longer the possibility to see the log in this version, I have no idea of ​​the problem...

Thanks for checking. I've learned to make multiple saves, this occured on turn 360.
    When I reverted to turn save on turn 357, I was able to proceed to turn 362 without issues.

Update: No problems occured in 20+ turns after reverting to an older save. I can continue my game!

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by opaxite View Post
    Thanks for checking. I've learned to make multiple saves, this occured on turn 360.
    When I reverted to turn save on turn 357, I was able to proceed to turn 362 without issues.
    That is good news ! Good. But it would still be nice to understand why the 360 ​​turn save is not passing.

Hey guys me again, I apologize for my tech illiteracy, but the other day SSHIP kept crashing when I tried to end my turn and I was about 500 turns in. I made a copy of my save and figured I would uninstall and try downloading the mod again (idk if this is actually a solution but I was desperate) but when I try and start the campaign it says it can't find M2 or Kingdoms. I followed the instructions perfectly and I can run SS 6.4 just fine. Any advice, what am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Konstantinos XII Rhomaios View Post
    Hey guys me again, I apologize for my tech illiteracy, but the other day SSHIP kept crashing when I tried to end my turn and I was about 500 turns in. I made a copy of my save and figured I would uninstall and try downloading the mod again (idk if this is actually a solution but I was desperate) but when I try and start the campaign it says it can't find M2 or Kingdoms. I followed the instructions perfectly and I can run SS 6.4 just fine. Any advice, what am I doing wrong?

Okay so i got it fixed and can launch it, i was even able to merge my save, but i'm still running into a CTD when i finish my turn in my Spanish campaign. I'm 556 turns in and i will cry if I lose my progress. I'm having difficulty uploading my save to TWC. is it possible to email my save?

Strange bug. It seems for all the archer units I test, the animation for them loading the arrow onto the bow is missing, so they just pull air from behind them and draw the bow back, firing air, which then turns into arrows as soon as it is actually fired. Not really too annoying because it can be overlooked for the most part but when I want to see a cool closeup of the unit it's goofy to see them drawing air to kill their enemies. Wonder if it's a weird animation assigned to the model which isn't sitting right with it. When I installed, I overrode the Data folder with the Data VII and Data VIII folders that came with it but checked and it seemed only to apply to crusader units so it can't be that, so maybe it was another issue relating to the GitHub.

Quote Originally Posted by Konstantinos XII Rhomaios View Post
    Okay so i got it fixed and can launch it, i was even able to merge my save, but i'm still running into a CTD when i finish my turn in my Spanish campaign. I'm 556 turns in and i will cry if I lose my progress. I'm having difficulty uploading my save to TWC. is it possible to email my save?
    do not upload it to the TWC, just to any free space, like mega.nz, google drive etc.

Quote Originally Posted by outboarduniform View Post
    Strange bug. It seems for all the archer units I test, the animation for them loading the arrow onto the bow is missing, so they just pull air from behind them and draw the bow back, firing air, which then turns into arrows as soon as it is actually fired. Not really too annoying because it can be overlooked for the most part but when I want to see a cool closeup of the unit it's goofy to see them drawing air to kill their enemies. Wonder if it's a weird animation assigned to the model which isn't sitting right with it. When I installed, I overrode the Data folder with the Data VII and Data VIII folders that came with it but checked and it seemed only to apply to crusader units so it can't be that, so maybe it was another issue relating to the GitHub.
    I think it's for @Macaras, I've got no clue about this part of the game :-)

Is the mod compatible with MAC? With the latest version (0.98) I'm crashing when trying to load the campaign map. Custom battles worked fine. Vanilla SS6.4 with bugfixes worked perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by sampsi View Post
    Is the mod compatible with MAC? With the latest version (0.98) I'm crashing when trying to load the campaign map. Custom battles worked fine. Vanilla SS6.4 with bugfixes worked perfectly.
    no idea.
    but I've seen Imperialis Draco 9 having special folders for MAC, and in the SSHIP we don't have them, so maybe it's not...

Levy Javelinmen from Iberia use a sword with spear animations. Just fought Castille and noticed it during a siege.

The Portuguese Princess has the wrong Royal Blood trait, she should have Princess_Royal_Blood_Portuguese instead of Royal_Blood_Portuguese.

Another interesting thing is that the Portuguese and Castillian princesses disband after only 1 turn, because they are too old. They have to marry someone immediately or they get sent to the convent. I don't think that is really a bug though.
    Last edited by Steward Denethor II; December 05, 2022 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steward Denethor II View Post
    The Portuguese Princess has the wrong Royal Blood trait, she should have Princess_Royal_Blood_Portuguese instead of Royal_Blood_Portuguese.

Another interesting thing is that the Portuguese and Castillian princesses disband after only 1 turn, because they are too old. They have to marry someone immediately or they get sent to the convent. I don't think that is really a bug though.
    blood - well spotted, thanks! will be fixed for the new version

Princesses dying - a leftover from the SS, after changing the starting date and the age of retirement.

in my kievan rus campaign something strange happens in terms of reinforcement armies, they appear out of nowhere and without any warning screen, russian armies made up of a general, 2 pecheneg units, 1 heavy axemen, 3 chudy and one Hunter, 2 armies in 2 turns... It's true that I lost territory to the Cumans but I've regained it.
    Is this player help correct?

Also no voices for Rus units and agents
    Last edited by j.a.luna; December 07, 2022 at 01:21 PM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW