Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

opaxite's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Hi, another small bug noticed, there are persistent notifications about the Nemanja dynasty, think it started in 1166 and in 1200 I still ocasionally get them.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by opaxite View Post
    Hi, another small bug noticed, there are persistent notifications about the Nemanja dynasty, think it started in 1166 and in 1200 I still ocasionally get them.
    Yes, I've noticed it in the code today, working on Serbia. It will be fixed for the next version, but for now we need to live it :-(
    Serbia will be a bit more survivailable in the next version, with two initial merchants, the unique building providing more troops in Ras, and with slightly longer initial money bonus. But it seems the player should not waste time in conquering Skadar, given a surprising interest of Sicily, Byzantium and Venice already in the 2nd turn.

Hello, I reckon it's been there since SS 6.4 but in siege battle, the control of castle doesn't reflect correctly, like the original owner (defender) always has control even when he really doesn't.
    Another one is, it might be because I'm kinda new to SSHIP but, I played Lithuania and mission's reward indicated that it's including the elite unit(s) (or just some units?) if the captial was set to the historical location.
    I didn't change the location of the capital so it was set to Kernave. I'm not completley sure but I think after completion of a mission, it said I'll get some money and units but only money not units.

Quote Originally Posted by 2325k View Post
    Hello, I reckon it's been there since SS 6.4 but in siege battle, the control of castle doesn't reflect correctly, like the original owner (defender) always has control even when he really doesn't.
    Another one is, it might be because I'm kinda new to SSHIP but, I played Lithuania and mission's reward indicated that it's including the elite unit(s) (or just some units?) if the captial was set to the historical location.
    I didn't change the location of the capital so it was set to Kernave. I'm not completley sure but I think after completion of a mission, it said I'll get some money and units but only money not units.
    mayby @macaras will be able to help...

I think I fixed this error in the most updated version..

opaxite's Avatar Foederatus

Is this a bug?
    In a Drill Square, I can train Dismounted Sergeants at arms and Light Swordsmen.
    But once I upgrade it to Barracks, these are no longer available and I can only train Slavic Javelinmen and Woodsmen there.

See what I can train in Olomouc (Drill Square) and what I can train in Poznan or Volodymyr (both Barracks)
    Save file

EDIT: Higher tier military buildings also lose the ability to train militia spearmen and eastern spearmen.
    Last edited by opaxite; November 03, 2022 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Additional information

Hi Opaxite - Thank you for reporting it, we fixed recently the barrack recruitment for Poland and some other factions, it will be available in the next version..

Little bug found for byzantines, my roman general earn two similar ancillaries when i hire mercenaries, mercenary captain and etairiarches, they are the same.

-Also the first line of the unit model "contaratoi" dont have spears and the third level armour of contaratoi are the old unit models previous in sship 0.92

-In targoviste i can recruit turkish archers.... It is strange...

-Archontoupolai should be recruited in charity building, they were orphans from imperial oficials
    Last edited by j.a.luna; November 05, 2022 at 07:20 PM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

-Archontoupolai should be recruited in charity building, they were orphans from imperial oficials
    Thank you J.A. Luna, just regarding the Archontopoulai as they were orphans from imperial officials they recruitment should be very low- I don't think they could be many of the orphans of the officials, but I don't think should be recruited in charity building.. Imagine - those who used the charities were people who needed food and shelter to survive, maybe beggars, maybe some of them orphans but not orphans of the high officials.. I think you cannot take a bunch of beggars and make of them Archontoupolai.. Charity centers reduce squalor etc but not produce very good if not elite units. At least that's how i see it..
    Last edited by Macaras; November 05, 2022 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaras View Post
    Thank you J.A. Luna, just regarding the Archontopoulai as they were orphans from imperial officials they recruitment should be very low- I don't think they could be many of the orphans of the officials, but I don't think should be recruited in charity building.. Imagine - those who used the charities were people who needed food and shelter to survive, maybe beggars, maybe some of them orphans but not orphans of the high officials.. I think you cannot take a bunch of beggars and make of them Archontoupolai.. Charity centers reduce squalor etc but not produce very good if not elite units. At least that's how i see it..
    Ok Macaras, but my question was to focus it more on its relationship with orphans, I think something similar could be done as you did with ghulam and mamluk type Muslim slaves, you needed a prior slave market in the settlement to be able to recruit them in the barracks/ stable...
    With this something similar could be done, you need a previous charity center in the settlement to be able to recruit the archontoupolai and as you say in a very limited way, anyway I think that nikkossaiz no longer included these units for this time... In the thread byzantine I commented on it a long time ago.
    According to the stats and abilities of the units, do you want me to continue with my work and descriptions or are you already doing it? for example add "SHIELD wall" to more Byzantine units, add "scary units" for some big ax units...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    -Also the first line of the unit model "contaratoi" dont have spears and the third level armour of contaratoi are the old unit models previous in sship 0.92
    For the 3rd level, in fact, I left the old version while waiting to redo a ug2
    For the first line without spears, I have to look at that indeed! It is not normal.

According to the stats and abilities of the units, do you want me to continue with my work and descriptions or are you already doing it? for example add "SHIELD wall" to more Byzantine units, add "scary units" for some big ax units...
    Whatever you think should be done for your submod- go ahead, I was just suggesting some changes that could be interesting for the players- its your call.. I didn't change anything in EDU in last weeks btw.

Whatever you think should be done for your submod- go ahead, I was just suggesting some changes that could be interesting for the players- its your call.. I didn't change anything in EDU in last weeks btw.
    Macaras I have a problem regarding my modifications and when overwriting my 3 modified files it gives me an error in the game, in the campaign minimap "ERROR" appears in red, so I don't know if version 0.9.7 has different things in those files regarding 0.9.8,
    I think the problem is the .bin files that don't let me modify them, I give the .bat package of "map and bin file cleaner.bat" and I get this:

Could not find data/text/campaign descriptions, expanded, export units... and I have only overwritten these 3 files in the most current version of the game.
    -export_descr-units.txt
    -expanded.txt
    -export_units.txt

What can be due? I have to do all the work again but in the new files? How do the .bin files affect the .txt files and how can I solve it to continue with the historical descriptions and stats
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Hmm I would first try to replace the files with original versions and see if everything works, then copy and paste replacing original files with your modified versions and see which files exactly causes problems, maybe you don't need to rewrite everything in all these files..
    There were many changes though between the 097 and 098 so its possible it will not work unfortunately.. The bin files should be generated automatically after using the bin cleaner.

Hmm I would first try to replace the files with original versions and see if everything works, then copy and paste replacing original files with your modified versions and see which files exactly causes problems, maybe you don't need to rewrite everything in all these files..
    There were many changes though between the 097 and 098 so its possible it will not work unfortunately.. The bin files should be generated automatically after using the bin cleaner.
    Ok Macaras but this is doing all the work again... I'll see how I do it... what I would like to see added in the mod, at least the descriptions, titles and historical names in the next versions... If it's not a job thrown in the trash...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Quote Originally Posted by meltorizor View Post
    After checking back with old saves, I think I found the root cause. After conquering Utrecht, the level upgrade building (walls) was damaged. I never repaired them but instantly converted it into a castle. I'm fairly sure that this is the root cause. After converting, the slot for the upgrade settling never showed again because technically it's still "upgrading". Converting back to a town does not help, the building does not show again. Is there any way, maybe by manipulating the savegame or something, to remedy this?

Thanks and best regards

PS: I would need to modify the save in a way that the "upgrade building" gets visible / unstuck again, just changing the settlement type to the next bigger one will not cure the root cause i guess. Ok better than nothing I guess but preferebly I'd need the building slot to be visible again.

Thanks and best regards
    PPS: Sorry but I can't find the edit function. Forcing the population back to 5999 with Cheat Engine makes the upgrade tooltip visible again but then again after the next turn and over 6000 population, I don't get a notification to upgrade the castle nor does the building slot show up. I think I broke this settlement. My last resort is somebody explaining me on how to mod my savegame.

Best regards
    PPPS: Sorry, really the last post until somebody answers. I have to go back on my words with the root cause.

I tried to reproduce the problem by cheat conquering Utrecht again in an old save and the problem is exactly the same, independent of converting the settlement type. When conquering the settlement, Utrecht is already over the needed 6000 population and the tooltip doesn't show up, it never does. After repairing the "upgrade settlement" building, the problem is as already described. Maybe the settlement is bugged right from the beginning? Maybe it has something to to with the settlement population not fitting to settlement level, but that's just a wild guess.

Tried to look into my save with a HEX Editor but I couldn't figure it out. Im grateful for any help.

Thanks best regards
    Playing some turns more made me eat my own ords. Seems that for the last stated cities that I can upgrade them after building the farms. Can't remember that being explained anywhere somehow, I didn't knew that as I only played vanilla before. Utrecht however stays unupgradable. Nevertheless, I'll play some more and see how it develops. I'm deeply sorry for the fuss I made. Too bad there is no edit function in this forum.

Have a nice day, over for the time being
    Me again. Utrecht stays the only town unupgradable, now nearly turn 100. Converted it back to a city, tooltip says I need Communal Farming for the upgrade which I (still) cannot build. Only building option is converting it to a castle.

I came across another very odd issue. Although some event tooltip help stated that there are fewer priests than before, I think something is bugged there. Although having 6 Collegiate churches, I'm still maxed out with priests although only having 2 when my limit should have been 6, at least If I understood correctly. I just can't recruit priests, and the AI seems to have the same problem. The clergy just dies out. Beside the pope is only 1 cardinal left, mine, which is like 80 years old or something, with 12 vacant seats. It seems Pisa could somehow recruit a priest, though I don't know how they did it. Is this intentional or buggy? In additon, I can see the Pope's traits, which shall not be and should be reported to devs as the explanation states.

Another question I have is how much the AI uses spies and assassins? In the 93 rounds I played so far I only saw a few spies and 1 single assassin, with no of my leaders ever got assassinated or even tried to, nor even 1 building of my cities sabotaged and only one single time I saw an enemy spy die when trying to enter my city. If I see them at all, they chill in their own cities. As I really dislike agent spams like in later Total War franchises, seemingly no agent activity at all is also bit boring. Anybody has infos on that?

Best regards
    Here's what my log file says:

02:27:33.752 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SSHIP (September build)/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 13374, column 5
    The city core building level should be one less than the settlement level!

Utrecht's population's 7500 so the settlement level should be Large Town (large_town) instead of Town (town) in descr_strat.txt.
    I checked my most recent campaign as France on April build and Utrecht's also been coded improperly because it has Wooden Palisade (Upgrade) (wooden_palisade) at the start of the campaign despite being coded to be a Large Town (large_town) but Norway upgraded the walls twice and turned Utrecht into a Minor City (city).

You can fix the coding yourself by following the instructions below:

Open descr_strat.txt located in "SSHIP_098\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign" with Notepad, press Ctrl+G, insert 13363, press Enter, insert large_ before town to make it large_town, press Ctrl+S, press Alt+F4.

Unfortunately the fix is not save-game compatible!

I kindly suggest Jurand of Cracow, Belovèse or someone else (who has permission for editing the post) to put the attached file as patch A or whatever under DOWNLOAD and INSTALLATION spoiler in this post:
    [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP 0.98 ver. September 8th, 2022
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks, @NaczelnyS, the link is added to the download page.
    JoC

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to post my question, but:
    1) Is it normal that I am getting notified every turn about Albigensian Heresy and Notre Dame (when playing as France)?
    2) Is the event Economy Scythe implemented/working? Because it fired a few turns ago and the population growth is unchanged in cities such as Paris and Rouen that have a +3 in Improved Farms and food production in the tier 4 Agriculture building, that should get added in the +5 that they have already (so I should get +4% growth from them instead of +2.5% if I am correct)

I'm playing in a 0.98 version but not the latest one (but I don't remember if it is the April one or an even older one)

Quote Originally Posted by dimitriskranias View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to post my question, but:
    1) Is it normal that I am getting notified every turn about Albigensian Heresy and Notre Dame (when playing as France)?
    2) Is the event Economy Scythe implemented/working? Because it fired a few turns ago and the population growth is unchanged in cities such as Paris and Rouen that have a +3 in Improved Farms and food production in the tier 4 Agriculture building, that should get added in the +5 that they have already (so I should get +4% growth from them instead of +2.5% if I am correct)

I'm playing in a 0.98 version but not the latest one (but I don't remember if it is the April one or an even older one)
    1 - fixed, 2 - is introduced, but in new version (I don't remember if in the September, or in the next patch).
    ;==================================================================================================================================;=================== FARMS AND ESTATES ========================================================================================
    ;==================================================================================================================================
    ; HR cumans must be excluded here again because 3 out of 7 provinces with HR "cumans" have hinterland_farms of lvl1 from the beginning, so they'll be upgraded up to farms3.
    ; additional requirement of the builders to make investment in hinterland_farms a bit later than otherwise (Communal Farming in a city is just perfect for historicity).

farms4 requires factions { northern_european, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, } and building_present_min_level builders builders3 and not building_present_min_level grasslands grasslands and not hidden_resource cumans or event_counter dummy 1
    {
    convert_to 4
    capability
    {
    farming_level 2 requires factions { all, } and hidden_resource tartars and not hidden_resource river
    farming_level 3 requires factions { all, } and hidden_resource tartars and hidden_resource river
    farming_level 3 requires factions { all, } and not hidden_resource tartars and not hidden_resource egypt and not hidden_resource abbasid and not hidden_resource river
    farming_level 5 requires factions { all, } and not hidden_resource tartars and not hidden_resource egypt and not hidden_resource abbasid and hidden_resource river
    farming_level 8 requires factions { all, } and hidden_resource egypt or hidden_resource abbasid

farming_level 2 requires factions { all, } and resource grain and not event_counter ECONOMY_SCYTHE_INTRODUCED 1
    farming_level 3 requires factions { all, } and resource grain and event_counter ECONOMY_SCYTHE_INTRODUCED 1

farming_level 3 requires factions { all, } and not event_counter is_the_player 1

happiness_bonus bonus -2 requires factions { cumans, mongols, }

;---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ; UPKEEP/INCOME
    income_bonus bonus 400
    }
    material wooden
    construction 20
    cost 10000
    settlement_min city
    upgrades
    {
    farms5
    }
    }

I notice that I cannot appoint any Governor position for the Al-Wasit castle of Abbasid.
    No kind of Noble or Family member can take the position.

Can you check it out, please?