Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Hello all,

First and foremost: Thanks for creating and grooming this amazing mod. Really appreciate it.

I think I encountered a bug:

After conquering a town and changing it to castle type, I can't upgrade it no matter what I do. The population requisite is met (over 8000) but I neither got the information at the beginning of the turn nor do I have the option in the building menu. In addition, when I hover over the population, no tooltip is shown anymore although it should show something like "XXXXX population needed for next level". Tried reinstalling the mod but that doesn't help either.
    Can somebody please help me out? Is it related to converting the city to a castle? Everything else runs fine, no problems whatsoever.

Mod version 0.98

Thanks and best regards

PS: btw when I'm here: Can sombebody please explain to me how I can give offices manually to anybody? My leader is an officemonger, but I just can't find the menu where to give it to others. The explanation on how to do it is very scarce.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

you need to have two generals in one army/settlement, then you click on the office on your FL, drag it to the other general.

population thresholds are 6000 then 12500.
    upload a save or a pic, and somebody will have a look (I'm going not to have access to Med2 game for another week, sorry)

Quote Originally Posted by meltorizor View Post
    After conquering a town and changing it to castle type, I can't upgrade it no matter what I do. The population requisite is met (over 8000) but I neither got the information at the beginning of the turn nor do I have the option in the building menu. In addition, when I hover over the population, no tooltip is shown anymore although it should show something like "XXXXX population needed for next level". Tried reinstalling the mod but that doesn't help either.
    Can somebody please help me out? Is it related to converting the city to a castle? Everything else runs fine, no problems whatsoever.
    You need certain buildings to upgrade each level. I think for a castle it's logging camps and farms in cleared land.

Open the building browser and mouse over the castle and you will get the relevant tooltip.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220929073930_1.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	537.1 KB 
ID:	368197

England can build Knights of Santiago chapter houses in Iberia. They show up as buildable despite the info screen showing that they shouldn't be for that culture.

After checking back with old saves, I think I found the root cause. After conquering Utrecht, the level upgrade building (walls) was damaged. I never repaired them but instantly converted it into a castle. I'm fairly sure that this is the root cause. After converting, the slot for the upgrade settling never showed again because technically it's still "upgrading". Converting back to a town does not help, the building does not show again. Is there any way, maybe by manipulating the savegame or something, to remedy this?

Thanks and best regards

PS: I would need to modify the save in a way that the "upgrade building" gets visible / unstuck again, just changing the settlement type to the next bigger one will not cure the root cause i guess. Ok better than nothing I guess but preferebly I'd need the building slot to be visible again.

Thanks and best regards

PPS: Sorry but I can't find the edit function. Forcing the population back to 5999 with Cheat Engine makes the upgrade tooltip visible again but then again after the next turn and over 6000 population, I don't get a notification to upgrade the castle nor does the building slot show up. I think I broke this settlement. My last resort is somebody explaining me on how to mod my savegame.

Best regards

PPPS: Sorry, really the last post until somebody answers. I have to go back on my words with the root cause.

I tried to reproduce the problem by cheat conquering Utrecht again in an old save and the problem is exactly the same, independent of converting the settlement type. When conquering the settlement, Utrecht is already over the needed 6000 population and the tooltip doesn't show up, it never does. After repairing the "upgrade settlement" building, the problem is as already described. Maybe the settlement is bugged right from the beginning? Maybe it has something to to with the settlement population not fitting to settlement level, but that's just a wild guess.

Tried to look into my save with a HEX Editor but I couldn't figure it out. Im grateful for any help.

Thanks best regards

Played my latest save for several turns more, turns out many more settlements have the same problem too, e.g. Prague, Regensburg, Dijon. Either the settlement limit is hardcoded somewhere or the settlement system is bugged. Stopped playing for now as beeing artificially limited after 50-60 turns, intentional or not, isn't fun at all.
    Changing respective decr.txt and settlements in the files doesn't remedy the problem, too bad.

Best regards

Playing some turns more made me eat my own ords. Seems that for the last stated cities that I can upgrade them after building the farms. Can't remember that being explained anywhere somehow, I didn't knew that as I only played vanilla before. Utrecht however stays unupgradable. Nevertheless, I'll play some more and see how it develops. I'm deeply sorry for the fuss I made. Too bad there is no edit function in this forum.

Have a nice day, over for the time being

Quote Originally Posted by meltorizor View Post
    Playing some turns more made me eat my own ords. Seems that for the last stated cities that I can upgrade them after building the farms. Can't remember that being explained anywhere somehow, I didn't knew that as I only played vanilla before. Utrecht however stays unupgradable. Nevertheless, I'll play some more and see how it develops. I'm deeply sorry for the fuss I made. Too bad there is no edit function in this forum.

Have a nice day, over for the time being
    No problems, thanks for taking the time to post back on the forum. See this post for more info on how to know what is needed for buildings: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post16117843
    You will have an edit function activated after you make enough posts, don't remember how much though.
    Belovčse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Me again. Utrecht stays the only town unupgradable, now nearly turn 100. Converted it back to a city, tooltip says I need Communal Farming for the upgrade which I (still) cannot build. Only building option is converting it to a castle.

I came across another very odd issue. Although some event tooltip help stated that there are fewer priests than before, I think something is bugged there. Although having 6 Collegiate churches, I'm still maxed out with priests although only having 2 when my limit should have been 6, at least If I understood correctly. I just can't recruit priests, and the AI seems to have the same problem. The clergy just dies out. Beside the pope is only 1 cardinal left, mine, which is like 80 years old or something, with 12 vacant seats. It seems Pisa could somehow recruit a priest, though I don't know how they did it. Is this intentional or buggy? In additon, I can see the Pope's traits, which shall not be and should be reported to devs as the explanation states.

Another question I have is how much the AI uses spies and assassins? In the 93 rounds I played so far I only saw a few spies and 1 single assassin, with no of my leaders ever got assassinated or even tried to, nor even 1 building of my cities sabotaged and only one single time I saw an enemy spy die when trying to enter my city. If I see them at all, they chill in their own cities. As I really dislike agent spams like in later Total War franchises, seemingly no agent activity at all is also bit boring. Anybody has infos on that?

Best regards

Another question I have is how much the AI uses spies and assassins? In the 93 rounds I played so far I only saw a few spies and 1 single assassin, with no of my leaders ever got assassinated or even tried to, nor even 1 building of my cities sabotaged and only one single time I saw an enemy spy die when trying to enter my city. If I see them at all, they chill in their own cities. As I really dislike agent spams like in later Total War franchises, seemingly no agent activity at all is also bit boring. Anybody has infos on that?
    Try playing some faction in the middle east where the are the big cities and much more spies/assassins, you almost never can leave any of your generals without a spy or he will not survive 5 turns. I can assure you that there will be an agent activity.. just wait a little bit. I was recently complaining about my FL being killed in a city with a spy inside by the assassin with maximum subterfuge.

Regarding the priests, we will need to fix the problem, thanks.
    Last edited by Macaras; October 01, 2022 at 01:07 PM.

Ok thanks for the feedback. Are there any other triggers which increase Priest agent limit? Just tried how far I can by killing the popes one after another and thus all priests left. After I had none left, I could recruit a new priest, but I think you can always recruit 1 agent of each type as stated in the export_descr_buildings.txt, so no buildings increase the limit whatsoever.

There, for all religious buildings, it's coded

agent_limit priest 0

With selectivity for higher agent limits for each factions in the next lines. Maybe the selectivity doesn't work and it's just flat 0 for everybody and every building? Just a guess, I know nearly nothing about coding and scripting.

Come to think of it, I don't see priests of any other religion, no muslims, no pagans, no orthodox, nothing. Only atheists everywhere .

Best regards

Ok I really need that edit function. Jesus *pun intented*, who thought it's a good idea to have the edit function only after XXX posts.

Whatever, I just changed the parameter I spoke about (the general "agent_limit priest", not the selective ones) for pagans for the biggest temples and for all other religions starting from Abbey to "1" and *thank god* (Ok I'll show myself out) it's working now, no new save needed. I'll show these heretics our peaceful religious ways now, if needed BY FORCE

Best regards

Hello again,

tinkered around with the export_descr_buildings.txt a bit more and adjusted some agent limits to fill the world with more life as it is really empty as is. Priest agent limit as described and gave back the merchant agent limit to the two biggest market buildings. Seems to work fairly well, the merchants as well as the priests. World gets filled with bit more life but without agent spam, at least so far as into round 137. Diplomat limit was on spot without right from the start, didn't changing anything.

Also fixed a bug, at least I think it is, as I couldn't recruit merchant cavalry with the 2nd stage of the merchants guild while you can for the 1st stage. Just adjusted the recruit pool requirement by removing the "and not the Hanse" constraint, working fine now. (deleted the line altogether and put the factions into the other line without constraints). For the 3rd stage you can again recruit merchant cavalry so I deduced this was a bug.

Thanks again for this awesome mod and making changes/fixes like these save game compatible, really appreciate it. It'd be a total motivation killer if you'd have to start a new campaign for the changes to take effect, real wise and long sighted design decision.

Best regards

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Thank you for all this feedback. There are indeed necessary adjustments that we will include in the next version I think. I don't personally take care of the export_descr_building aspect but it is a super important file for game balance.

My very short experience on this last version of the game - with Aragon - works rather well, but it's true that I only have one priest for the moment. In any event, the number of rounds played is not sufficient for me to draw any conclusion whatsoever.

A couple of bugs/points of interest encountered so far on the September 0.9.8 version with Serbia after 60 turns:

1. Desa, the current heir to the Serbian principality as the second son of the late Veliki Župan Uroš, still actively respects his father (trait that gives +1 loyalty towards the faction leader), although Uroš died already 16 years ago.

2. The current Veliki Župan, Vuk, has gained the epithet "Wise". When younger, he conquered both Skodron and Vrhbosna. After his father passed away through old age, Vuk has ruled the minor principality with wisdom, constantly fortifying and reforming the settlements controlled by Serbia. Lately they even managed to cause a great Serbian revolt in Rausion, driving away the Sicilians once and for all.

The trait "Wise Administator" seems to be a little buggy; when I load my save, the 10 % discount for construction costs in all settlements works, but as soon as I end a turn, the discount isn't there on the next turn. But if I save and then load the save immediately, the discount is there again. Also, "Of Serbian Blood" gives +5 % to construction costs. However, once I load a save, the costs are -10 % (wise admin. trait) instead of -5 % (wise admin. - Serbian blood).

3. The council has kept giving me the mission to set up trade with the Cumans, which I've refused to do multiple times in a row. When the mission fails after five turns, I still receive the rewards: two Vlach archer units with two gold chevrons in my capital + possibly some florins (haven't kept that close of a record whether the money reward is there as the mission description states). The units I can disband as I've not earned them, but possible money reward is a bit harder to get rid of.

4. The Serbian faction is referred to as the Byzantine Empire and the faction leader as Emperor in the pop-up messages, e.g. when a new faction member is born or such. I guess it is how it is, as it's a custom-made faction?

opaxite's Avatar Foederatus

Help! My game CTDs at the end of 1214 AD Poland winter turn, depsite never crashing before.
    Tried two saves: One autosave from 1214 winter and one manual save from 1214 AD summer. Both are crashing somewhere between Hungary and Pisa's turn. The only thing out of the ordinary is a crusade against Damascus. Is there anything I can do?

opaxite's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by opaxite View Post
    Help! My game CTDs at the end of 1214 AD Poland winter turn, depsite never crashing before.
    Tried two saves: One autosave from 1214 winter and one manual save from 1214 AD summer. Both are crashing somewhere between Hungary and Pisa's turn. The only thing out of the ordinary is a crusade against Damascus. Is there anything I can do?
    Minor correction: Year is 1216 AD winter and game crashes around Serbija's turn.