Page 26 of 303 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435365176126 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    In your SS6.3 folder, you should find a file named default.cfg. That's the one.

For Fraps, just make the screenshot. You should get a .bmp file. Then open with Paint and you should be able to convert it as a .jpg file by using the function "save as" and selcting the .jpg format.

I'll have a look at your files tonight as I can do that from work (not allowed to have access to Dropbox).
    I converted the screenshot but the upload to here keeps failing multiple times. It hates uploading any file I have for some reason. As for the Default file I got that,but as I said,it refuses to upload
    the zip which I put it into so I went with dropbox again,as I figured it was better than nothing. https://www.dropbox.com/s/3h8pwqka11...fault.cfg?dl=0

Any update on what's causing the problem,as I can't play the game until it's resolved?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael11 View Post
    Any update on what's causing the problem,as I can't play the game until it's resolved?
    I'd try disabling Windowed mode.
    In your default.cfg file, change these lines from =True to =false:

autoBorderlessMode=true
    windowed=true
    borderless_window=true

[QUOTE=PerXX;14555441]I'd try disabling Windowed mode.
    In your default.cfg file, change these lines from =True to =false:

autoBorderlessMode=true
    windowed=true
    borderless_window=true[/QU

I changed both my ss6.3 file and default.cfg to disable windowed mode and it doesn't made any difference whatsoever.

Quite odd.
    Can't say I've heard of such a problem before.

Could you mention a bit about your setup? Single/multiple monitors? Desktop resolution & in-game resolution?

Quote Originally Posted by PerXX View Post
    Quite odd.
    Can't say I've heard of such a problem before.

Could you mention a bit about your setup? Single/multiple monitors? Desktop resolution & in-game resolution?
    My desktop resolution is 1600x900,so that's what I've set the in-game campaign resolution to,on a single widescreen monitor. The battlemap is different at 1024x768. All I know is that Stainless Steel worked fine,but once I dropped the SSHIP files as per the install instructions at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...etup-file,this happened.

Elianus's Avatar Ordinarius

More often than not I get a CTD while a custom battle is loading.
    Edit: Same thing for the campaign. Almost always happens.
    Last edited by Elianus; June 10, 2015 at 01:21 PM.
    ''Πας μη Έλλην, βάρβαρος.''

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

If you mean that the CTD happens when you switch from custom battle to campaign and/or the contrary, it's no due to SSHIP. That's known for a long time but we haven't been able to fix it so far.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    If you mean that the CTD happens when you switch from custom battle to campaign and/or the contrary, it's no due to SSHIP. That's known for a long time but we haven't been able to fix it so far.
    No, I don't. I am aware of that CTD and its presence in both of Kong's mods. I mean that I get a CTD when a battle is loading. I can play on the campaign map just fine but cannot play battles.

Blog Entries

In your mod folder (named SS6.3), you should find a file default.cfg. Open it and look for the [log] line.
    Write this:
    Code:
    [log]
    to = logs/system.log.txt
    level=*script* trace
    Save and close.

Play your game until the CTD happens.

Go back to your mod folder and post here the log (named system.log).That will help us to find out.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

I dont know if this is already reported; Abassid abna axeman have 'bonus fighting cavalry' ( it was one handed axe unit).
    Moor urban militian does not have proper model from unit card ( I imported it from Broken Crescent for 'my mod').. And so on, and so on... So what i am suggesting, let me help you with this submod, i am good at export descr unit and buildings( building not masterted, but im trying), i can also fix many unit cards(importing good ones), also im learing importing unit models. I dont need ANY CREDIT, you dont have to mention me as mod helper. I just want to help you get out next version fast, just because i love this mod.
    Last edited by achilles-91; June 11, 2015 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    I dont know if this is already reported; Abassid abna axeman have 'bonus fighting cavalry' ( it was one handed axe unit).
    Moor urban militian does not have proper model from unit card ( I imported it from Broken Crescent for 'my mod').. And so on, and so on... So what i am suggesting, let me help you with this submod, i am good at export descr unit and buildings( building not masterted, but im trying), i can also fix many unit cards(importing good ones), also im learing importing unit models. I dont need ANY CREDIT, you dont have to mention me as mod helper. I just want to help you get out next version fast, just because i love this mod.
    yeaaahh!!! i agree witch achilles,he could help for sship if the members and LIfthrasir want...but i think that the more help,the better submod will be and the next release may be finished before..achilles could help about much bugs or the annoying silver surfer units,units cards...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    yeaaahh!!! i agree witch achilles,he could help for sship if the members and LIfthrasir want...but i think that the more help,the better submod will be and the next release may be finished before..achilles could help about much bugs or the annoying silver surfer units,units cards...
    All errors are already known to members SSHIP. Even I stopped writing about the bugs , as they already know everything . It is better to wait for a new release .

Deleted and reinstalled everything. Works fine now. Must have had something to do with units files from other mods, dunno.

Has anyone used the settlement tweaks by germanicus??? I am hesitant to install them because if it breaks the mod I will have to reinstall everything. Are they compatible with sship? What about his ReallyBadAI system? Is that compatible?

Blog Entries

Unfortunately, the Settlement Tweak from G5 is not compatible with SSHIP. I've tried it by the past but it makes CTD when you go on the battlemap where there's a settlement. It sould be possible to make it compatible but I honestly don't have the time these days to do it.

Same for RBAI. Note that MWY has created an unique AI for SSHIP. There's no point to use another one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    Many thanks for your offer, check your PM.

I noticed that there are no forts and I cannot build them either? Are they completely out? And why.

Blog Entries

They are removed for now because the AI can not use them effectively. However, I'm planning to put them back later on.
    Anyway, I'll see if I can put back the option to build them.

I can not put a merchant to sell wine in this place . He just can not be there, because the rough terrain .

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: