Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse View Post
    Every character as a hidden stat: authority, that you can only see on the faction leader panel. Usually the game goes with the character with the most authority as heir.
    and is it possible to change this data? for example, associating it with those of royal blood (bloodlines) having priority and trying to follow a family order... sons of the king, brothers of the king, brothers-in-law, cousins, sons-in-law... In my English campaign, it is true that at the beginning of the game Henry was a minor and was already the heir to the kingdom, but when his father died, he became king and the heir passed on to another totally different "surname", even to a family that was adopted without royal blood. .

On the other hand in my bugs I found that Aberdeen Castle has no regional title, and the levy crossbowmen unit icons do not exist.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

I found a bug in voices... Hungarians dont have voices in their generals (speeches) , and also some agents in the minimap as priest or spys... My game is not in english (spanish)

Also their units in battle map dont have voices
    Last edited by j.a.luna; September 08, 2022 at 07:38 AM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

It's normal, the voices of the game in English are configured differently in other languages.

Several factions do not have the battle start speech for me (French version).
    For unit voices and campaign map voices, there is a small patch that pretty much fixes things.
    @JLMP was doing sound and music work. I don't know if he continues...

I think that in the current version there is another small bug, in the sieges when deactivating the incendiary arrows for the archers I think that the incendiary arrows for the towers and walls of the settlements have also been deactivated, so now it is impossible to burn the siege engines and rams... Can you check this and modify it?
    Also speaking of sieges, would it be possible to make sieges a bit more difficult? I mean to increase the resistance points of the walls and doors (especially of the stone buildings and in high city levels such as metropolis and large city or fortress), in addition to increasing the number of dates that the towers shoot at the enemies and make ballista towers more deadly.

Also a proposal that I said a long time ago, was to add one more level to the defensive towers called Bastion (before the towers with cannons) in which if it is possible to add normal arrows and ballista bolts by which a deadly rain of iron and arrows fall on attackers, as well as increasing their resistance to enemy projectiles. In addition, this would give public order by law by providing security to the population, these supreme towers (bastion) would be available only in the largest and most developed cities with a high cost and time to build them in exchange for a great defense in your city, at the beginning. of the game only Constantinople would have these towers thus simulating the great defenses and walls of Constantinople, famous throughout the world. Another option would be to create a unique building called Theodosian Walls for Constantinople within this chain building with said defensive characteristics, enough public order by law and some free upkeep (3 or 4?)for militia troops simulating permanent guard on the walls and towers. This is how these famous walls and defensive towers of the Byzantine Empire would be represented in the game, almost impregnable for 1000 years until the arrival of the cannons... although it would be great to see the triple walls on the battle map!

I think it would be easy to do by adding just one more level and thus this chain building would be used more...
    -1.Defensive towers (castles and cities)
    -2.Ballista towers (fortress and large cities)
    -3. Bastion or Bulwark Towers ( citadels and huge cities-metropolis)
    -4. Walls of Constantinople or Theodosian Walls (Only in Constantinople as unique building at the beginning of the game into the line of building "towers")

-5. Cannon towers ( gundpower event and from the year 1400 onwards for citadels and metropolis)

Some opinions???
    Last edited by j.a.luna; September 10, 2022 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Typo
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Hi friend !
    You have indeed many ideas and some I like others less. The flaming arrows fired by the towers unfortunately had the same flaw as the others: they ignited the soldier who received it. This thing is so absurd that I prefer their total elimination until a modder will be able to modify the animations (that's not me).
    The trebuchets always have the possibility of throwing flaming balls it seems to me ?

For your building construction ideas, I leave it up to Jurand to decide.

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    Hi friend !
    You have indeed many ideas and some I like others less. The flaming arrows fired by the towers unfortunately had the same flaw as the others: they ignited the soldier who received it. This thing is so absurd that I prefer their total elimination until a modder will be able to modify the animations (that's not me).
    The trebuchets always have the possibility of throwing flaming balls it seems to me ?

For your building construction ideas, I leave it up to Jurand to decide.
    hello friend! Amm I didn't know that this problem also happened with the towers, the problem here is how is it going to be possible to burn or destroy the battering rams or siege machines like the siege towers when it was possible before and you could stop some assaults on the walls...

On the other hand I like to give ideas and make them as historical and logical as possible for the gameplay, this makes the mod much more real and rewarding to play! I hope that Jurand also likes the idea and can capture it in the future...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Also a proposal that I said a long time ago, was to add one more level to the defensive towers called Bastion (before the towers with cannons) in which if it is possible to add normal arrows and ballista bolts by which a deadly rain of iron and arrows fall on attackers, as well as increasing their resistance to enemy projectiles. In addition, this would give public order by law by providing security to the population, these supreme towers (bastion) would be available only in the largest and most developed cities with a high cost and time to build them in exchange for a great defense in your city, at the beginning. of the game only Constantinople would have these towers thus simulating the great defenses and walls of Constantinople, famous throughout the world. Another option would be to create a unique building called Theodosian Walls for Constantinople within this chain building with said defensive characteristics, enough public order by law and some free upkeep (3 or 4?)for militia troops simulating permanent guard on the walls and towers. This is how these famous walls and defensive towers of the Byzantine Empire would be represented in the game, almost impregnable for 1000 years until the arrival of the cannons... although it would be great to see the triple walls on the battle map!

I think it would be easy to do by adding just one more level and thus this chain building would be used more...
    -1.Defensive towers (castles and cities)
    -2.Ballista towers (fortress and large cities)
    -3. Bastion or Bulwark Towers ( citadels and huge cities-metropolis)
    -4. Walls of Constantinople or Theodosian Walls (Only in Constantinople as unique building at the beginning of the game into the line of building "towers")

-5. Cannon towers ( gundpower event and from the year 1400 onwards for citadels and metropolis)

Some opinions???
    iirc, the balista towers have some representation in the tactical map. I'm not sure how the game would react if one add those to only in the EDB and strategic level.

Hello everyone, the new version of the mod is up and downloadable here
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

I found a little bug in September version, in the Rus wooden castle of Peresyalav you can recruit turkish archers in the bowyer... It is strange and funny haha

Also byzantines units need a review... In 1132 acritae units didnt exist, trapezuntine Horse archers should be in Trebizond and surroundings, archotonpoulai cavalry also dont exist in 1132 and more things... You know my old posts about byzantine units in the other threads...

Also i think that Rum turks should have a big army at the beginning of the game to make the Byzantine expansion more difficult at the beginning of the game and to conquer Anatolia more quickly.

For other hand i love the current AI and new buildings!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

I found a little bug in September version, in the Rus wooden castle of Peresyalav you can recruit turkish archers in the bowyer... It is strange and funny haha

Also byzantines units need a review... In 1132 acritae units didnt exist, trapezuntine Horse archers should be in Trebizond and surroundings, archotonpoulai cavalry also dont exist in 1132 and more things... You know my old posts about byzantine units in the other threads...

Also i think that Rum turks should have a big army at the beginning of the game to make the Byzantine expansion more difficult at the beginning of the game and to conquer Anatolia more quickly.

For other hand i love the current AI and new buildings!
    1. Pereyaslav province was in the steppes, and the Turkish Archers were available there.
    2. the ERE roster was not reviewed, and recruitment only slightly adjusted
    3. there'll be a script for the next version

Not sure if this is a bug or WAD but apparently the faction leader can only be crowned if he is the governor of the settlement the ceremony is to be held. I had my eligible emperor sit for 8 turns in Constantinople and I was getting desperate. As soon as I had the current governor go hunt some peasants he was immediately crowned. If this is WAD it should be added to the tool tips about crowning.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeveli View Post
    Not sure if this is a bug or WAD but apparently the faction leader can only be crowned if he is the governor of the settlement the ceremony is to be held. I had my eligible emperor sit for 8 turns in Constantinople and I was getting desperate. As soon as I had the current governor go hunt some peasants he was immediately crowned. If this is WAD it should be added to the tool tips about crowning.
    hmmmm, shouldn't be so, I didn't know this mechanism
    ;========== Crown of BYZANTIUM ==============================;;------------------------------------------
    Trigger crown_byzantium_Lands_Conquered
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEndInSettlement

Condition Trait Fit_Crown_byzantium > 0
    and FactionType byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Constantinople = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Thessalonica = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Adrianople = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Durazzo = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Arta = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Corinth = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Tarnovo = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Sredets = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Chersonesos = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Sinop = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Trebizond = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Chandax = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Nicaea = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Smyrna = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Attaleia = byzantium
    and I_SettlementOwner Lefkosia = byzantium

AcquireAncillary crown_byzantium chance 100

Quote Originally Posted by Reeveli View Post
    What version are you playing on? It was reported this summer and should be fixed on the September version.

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

Ok, so I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. I started a Castille campaign recently and I just captured the castle of Badajoz. I don't mind that I can't immediately recruit any unit. What I don't really get is what, according to the "buildings explorer" of the settlement, each building will allow to recruit. Like, I can recruit Andalusian archers in the lowest tier Range building, but if I upgrade it, they'll disappear from the choices. Something similar happens with the Barracks. If I upgrade it, I lose choices. Is that intended? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhoule View Post
    Ok, so I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. I started a Castille campaign recently and I just captured the castle of Badajoz. I don't mind that I can't immediately recruit any unit. What I don't really get is what, according to the "buildings explorer" of the settlement, each building will allow to recruit. Like, I can recruit Andalusian archers in the lowest tier Range building, but if I upgrade it, they'll disappear from the choices. Something similar happens with the Barracks. If I upgrade it, I lose choices. Is that intended? Why?
    Barrack Castles were only marginally fixed, so it's possible.
    Andalusian Arches - thanks, good catch - I haven't copied all the AoR entries in the Ranges to the levels. It should be (and will be) available.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhoule View Post
    Thanks for the report!
    While this is obviously how we want it to work when the rework of units will be finished,for now it is still a work in progress.
    What you experienced is just the side effect of this WIP: some levels or the range building are already reworked, some are not, creating this incoherence.
    This will be fixed in one of the next versions, when the team gets to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse View Post
    What version are you playing on? It was reported this summer and should be fixed on the September version.

I am using the SSHIP_098 April 7th 2022 version.

Thanks for clarifying it, the bug is fixed in the September version.

GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Everybody, when bug reporting, please try to do the following:
    - say which version you're on
    - upload the save
    - upload the logs (from the SSHIP_098/logs/ folder)

Thanks you!

A little bug found in my egytian campaign, September version, when i conquest the city of Antioch( against crusaders) i can build the unique building of Dome of the Rock... I think that it is only for Jerusalem city no??
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

A little bug found in my egytian campaign, September version, when i conquest the city of Antioch( against crusaders) i can build the unique building of Dome of the Rock... I think that it is only for Jerusalem city no??
    good catch, hidden resource "capital" is missing.