Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Foederatus

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I haven't played to win, just opened it, and then retreated - I could go on with the campaign.
    As far as the log is concerned - I don't have expertised to interpret it.
    Thanks for the save - another example how the situation can evolve, useful for analyses.

It was only for analytic reasons^^
    without attacking, or retreating as you say, no crashes happen.
    (its just harder to defend the incoming relieve attack by frances best, but last, good army) :-p

Playing as Novgorod, I'm getting spammed with 'Moscow founded' event notifications. Almost every turn it pops up, I'm concerned it is overwriting other historical events as its turn 80 and Hanseatic league event still has not triggered. Is there anyway to terminate the moscow script without restarting the campaign?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Marus312 View Post
    Playing as Novgorod, I'm getting spammed with 'Moscow founded' event notifications. Almost every turn it pops up, I'm concerned it is overwriting other historical events as its turn 80 and Hanseatic league event still has not triggered. Is there anyway to terminate the moscow script without restarting the campaign?
    don't worry, this is a problem of the info window, it doesn't have any impact on the gameplay

Hello!
    I just encountered a frustrating issue. I'm playing as Sicily, I conquered the settlement of Al-Mahdiya exactly a century ago. Therefore the event telling me that it is integrated and that unrest is gone should fire. But at the end of the turn the game crashes. In the log it says that the game was about to fire the event but couldn't find its location in the files. Here is the log:

10:11:13.728 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/SETTLEMENT_UNREST_INTEGRATED_AL-MAHDIYA.tga
    10:11:13.728 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/SETTLEMENT_UNREST_INTEGRATED_AL-MAHDIYA.tga.dds
    10:11:13.728 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/SETTLEMENT_UNREST_INTEGRATED_AL-MAHDIYA.tga
    10:11:13.728 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/SETTLEMENT_UNREST_INTEGRATED_AL-MAHDIYA.tga.dds
    10:11:13.729 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/SETTLEMENT_UNREST_INTEGRATED_AL-MAHDIYA.tga
    10:11:13.729 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/SETTLEMENT_UNREST_INTEGRATED_AL-MAHDIYA.tga
    10:11:13.729 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/SETTLEMENT_UNREST_INTEGRATED_AL-MAHDIYA.tga.dds
    10:11:13.729 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/SETTLEMENT_UNREST_INTEGRATED_AL-MAHDIYA.tga
    10:11:13.729 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/SETTLEMENT_UNREST_INTEGRATED_AL-MAHDIYA.tga.dds
    10:11:13.729 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/historic_event.tga (from: G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    10:11:13.729 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/historic_event.tga.dds
    10:11:13.729 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/historic_event.tga (from: G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    10:11:13.730 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Browsing the folder it indeed lacks the settlement_unrest_integrated file.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebond View Post
    Hello!
    I just encountered a frustrating issue. I'm playing as Sicily, I conquered the settlement of Al-Mahdiya exactly a century ago. Therefore the event telling me that it is integrated and that unrest is gone should fire. But at the end of the turn the game crashes. In the log it says that the game was about to fire the event but couldn't find its location in the files. Here is the log:

10:11:13.728 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/SETTLEMENT_UNREST_INTEGRATED_AL-MAHDIYA.tga
    10:11:13.728 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/SETTLEMENT_UNREST_INTEGRATED_AL-MAHDIYA.tga.dds
    10:11:13.728 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/SETTLEMENT_UNREST_INTEGRATED_AL-MAHDIYA.tga
    10:11:13.728 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/SETTLEMENT_UNREST_INTEGRATED_AL-MAHDIYA.tga.dds
    10:11:13.729 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/SETTLEMENT_UNREST_INTEGRATED_AL-MAHDIYA.tga.dds
    10:11:13.729 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/SETTLEMENT_UNREST_INTEGRATED_AL-MAHDIYA.tga
    10:11:13.729 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/SETTLEMENT_UNREST_INTEGRATED_AL-MAHDIYA.tga.dds
    10:11:13.729 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/historic_event.tga.dds
    10:11:13.730 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Browsing the folder it indeed lacks the settlement_unrest_integrated file.
    Thanks for reporting, indeed there's an error. Put this file into the folder data/text, ovewrite, then delete historic_events.txt.strings.bin in the same folder.

And then - upload your save here so that I can see how the economy evolved to used it in further modding
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; July 04, 2022 at 07:57 AM.

Thanks for your answer. I followed your instructions but I'm afraid my game still crashes at the end of the turn

Still dropping my save there

Thanks for your answer. I followed your instructions but I'm afraid my game still crashes at the end of the turn

Still dropping my save there
    You're right, I've uploaded a wrong file. This is the right one, and it works:

It is now functional, thanks a lot!

don't worry, this is a problem of the info window, it doesn't have any impact on the gameplay
    Thanks for confirming! still strange how hanseatic league still hasn't triggered even though I believe the requirements are met. Anyway, something else I noticed about Novgorod, some of their units are using rebel faction textures instead of the textures that were created for them. For instance, slav levies are using the following textures:

6 russia
    55 unit_models/rus/textures/rus_militia_junior_reb.texture
    53 unit_models/rus/textures/rus_militia_junior_n.texture
    41 unit_sprites/slave_EE_Peasants_sprite.spr

They should be using rus_militia_junior_nov. Just a minor cosmetic thing, if you weren't aware. Same is also true for eastern spearmen, militia calvary, and slavic javelin.

It is now functional, thanks a lot!
    What a great campaign! Good job, friend. Nealy 300 turns.
    I think you have a stable game and PC. May I ask what window system you are playing? Window 10 or 11?

Since using Window 11, I feel it is not as stable as 10 when playing. How about you, guys?

Thanks for confirming! still strange how hanseatic league still hasn't triggered even though I believe the requirements are met. Anyway, something else I noticed about Novgorod, some of their units are using rebel faction textures instead of the textures that were created for them.
    Hansa - strange, it should not be so at turn 80. Some strange things might happen though, I'll add a safety clause in the next patch.
    Code:
        ;---------- (I) Hanseatic League : can build Baltic Trade building    ; it fires after both Szczecin and Lubeck are conquered by a Christian faction - in practice between turns 15 and 45 
        ; this part of script might be added to another existing monitor, but it will be terminated rather quickly so there's no need for it

monitor_event GeneralCaptureSettlement SettlementName Lubeck
            and FactionReligion catholic

if I_CompareCounter current_name_Szczecin < 1        ; no non-pagan faction has conquered Szczecin yet
                terminate_monitor
            end_if

historic_event HANSEATIC_LEAGUE

terminate_monitor
        end_monitor

monitor_event GeneralCaptureSettlement SettlementName Szczecin
            and FactionReligion catholic

if I_CompareCounter current_name_Lubeck < 1            ; no non-pagan faction has conquered Lubeck yet
                terminate_monitor
            end_if

terminate_monitor
        end_monitor
    EDIT: after review of the code, here is the version for the next patch:
    Code:
    	;@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ beginning of the monitor    monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart FactionType slave

;---------- (I) Hanseatic League : can build Baltic Trade building (see EDB)
    	; in practice, it will happen between turns 15 and 45
    	; mind that there're are info windows for the player upon conquest of the settlements in the relevant part of the script

if I_CompareCounter Lubeck_conquered_number_of_times > 0		; Lubeck conquered
            and I_CompareCounter Szczecin_conquered_number_of_times > 0		; Szczecin conquered
    		and I_EventCounter HANSEATIC_LEAGUE < 1

end_if		

if I_TurnNumber > 99
    		and RandomPercent > 50
    		and I_EventCounter HANSEATIC_LEAGUE < 1

end_if

;---------- (II) Hanseatic League Expands : can build Faktorei building (see EDB)

if I_TurnNumber > 120		
    		and RandomPercent > 50												; useful in case of a bug
    		and I_CompareCounter number_hansa3_of_merchants_built > 3			; 4 out of 12 cities with Hanse of Merchants
    		and I_EventCounter HANSEATIC_LEAGUE_EXPANDS < 1

historic_event HANSEATIC_LEAGUE_EXPANDS { poland, hre, france, england, norway, denmark, hungary, lithuania, kievan_rus, russia, }
    		end_if

if I_TurnNumber > 200
    		and RandomPercent > 50
    		and I_EventCounter HANSEATIC_LEAGUE_EXPANDS < 1

historic_event HANSEATIC_LEAGUE_EXPANDS { poland, hre, france, england, norway, denmark, hungary, lithuania, kievan_rus, russia, }
    		end_if

;---------- (III) Power of Lubeck : can build Holstein Tor

if I_TurnNumber > 200
    		and RandomPercent > 50	
    		and I_CompareCounter number_hansa2_faktorei_built > 5				; 6 out of 17 cities with Faktorei
    		and I_CompareCounter number_hansa3_of_merchants_built > 5			; 6 out of 12 cities with Hanse of Merchants
    		and I_EventCounter HANSEATIC_LUBECK < 1

historic_event HANSEATIC_LUBECK
    		end_if

if I_TurnNumber > 260
    		and RandomPercent > 50	
    		and I_EventCounter HANSEATIC_LUBECK < 1

historic_event HANSEATIC_LUBECK
    		end_if	

;---------- (IV) Hanseatic Wars
    	; can build Hanseatic Kontors building (in 4 cities), and also recruitment of holk units (more advanced ships) for the factions in the northern seas)

if I_TurnNumber > 250
    		and RandomPercent > 50
    		and I_CompareCounter number_hansa2_faktorei_built > 7				; 8 out of 17 cities with Faktorei
    		and I_CompareCounter number_hansa5_holsteintor_built > 0			; 1 in Lubeck
    		and I_EventCounter HANSEATIC_WARS < 1

historic_event HANSEATIC_WARS									
    		end_if

if I_TurnNumber > 320
    		and RandomPercent > 50	
    		and I_EventCounter HANSEATIC_WARS < 1

historic_event HANSEATIC_WARS
    		end_if

;---------- (V) Die Kogge : can build Hansa of Cities building, also effects on the ships' recruitment and events in the Baltics

if I_TurnNumber > 300
    		and RandomPercent > 50		
    		and I_CompareCounter number_hansa2_faktorei_built > 9				; 10 out of 17 cities with Faktorei
    		and I_CompareCounter number_hansa3_of_merchants_built > 7			; 8 out of 12 cities with Hansa of Merchants
    		and I_EventCounter HANSEATIC_COG < 1

historic_event HANSEATIC_COG
    		end_if

if I_TurnNumber > 360
    		and RandomPercent > 50		
    		and I_EventCounter HANSEATIC_COG < 1

historic_event HANSEATIC_COG
    		end_if	

;---------- (VI) Confederation of Cologne : more units and benefits

if I_TurnNumber > 350
    		and RandomPercent > 50	
    		if I_CompareCounter number_hansa2_faktorei_built > 9				; 12 out of 17 cities with Faktorei
    		and I_CompareCounter number_hansa3_of_merchants_built > 9			; 10 out of 12 cities with Hansa of Merchants
    		and I_EventCounter HANSEATIC_CONFEDERATION_OF_COLOGNE < 1

historic_event HANSEATIC_CONFEDERATION_OF_COLOGNE
    			terminate_monitor
    		end_if

if I_TurnNumber > 450
    		and RandomPercent > 50	
    		and I_EventCounter HANSEATIC_CONFEDERATION_OF_COLOGNE < 1

historic_event HANSEATIC_CONFEDERATION_OF_COLOGNE
    			terminate_monitor
    		end_if

end_monitor
    Textures - it's @kostic's business.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; July 06, 2022 at 04:55 AM.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Anyway, something else I noticed about Novgorod, some of their units are using rebel faction textures instead of the textures that were created for them. For instance, slav levies are using the following textures:
    6 russia
    55 unit_models/rus/textures/rus_militia_junior_reb.texture
    53 unit_models/rus/textures/rus_militia_junior_n.texture
    41 unit_sprites/slave_EE_Peasants_sprite.spr

They should be using rus_militia_junior_nov. Just a minor cosmetic thing, if you weren't aware. Same is also true for eastern spearmen, militia calvary, and slavic javelin.
    Indeed, I haven't done much work on the Russian factions yet and the textures can probably be more appropriate. I won't have time to deal with this this month, but you can try just interchanging the textures on your .modeldb file to see if that works.

I'm getting a ctd during the kingdom of Jerusalem turn in my current Byzantine campaign, so far every campaign I've started has reached a point where it stops working like this. I'll attach the save if you can do anything with it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Iulius Tabernarius View Post
    I'm getting a ctd during the kingdom of Jerusalem turn in my current Byzantine campaign, so far every campaign I've started has reached a point where it stops working like this. I'll attach the save if you can do anything with it.
    Here is turn 31. You're playing v. 097H, it's better to play 098 from April, it's much more stable.

Oh I hadn't noticed there was a newer version of it. I'm downloading it now. Hopefully it will work better.

@Gaius Iulius Tabernarius mind that the two versions (0.97H and 0.98) are absolutely not save compatible.

And there is quite a few changes, but everything is explained in pop-up scrolla, so please take the time to read them!
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse View Post
    @Gaius Iulius Tabernarius mind that the two versions (0.97H and 0.98) are absolutely not save compatible.

And there is quite a few changes, but everything is explained in pop-up scrolla, so please take the time to read them!
    Yeah I started a new game, I like the changes so far but one issue I have is that the entire world wants to murder me, I have to pay 10,000 gold just to get trade agreements with people. I feel like thats a bug, right?

Yeah I started a new game, I like the changes so far but one issue I have is that the entire world wants to murder me, I have to pay 10,000 gold just to get trade agreements with people. I feel like thats a bug, right?
    Rather an imbalance - or maybe not. It depends on your position, size and many other issues.

Rather an imbalance - or maybe not. It depends on your position, size and many other issues.
    Its at the very beginning of my new Byzantine campaign. I actually restarted it to try and be less aggressive, occupying settlements instead of sacking them, not assassinating anyone, and getting trade rights early, didn't matter by turn 10 everyone on earth despises me and I have to shell out insane amounts of money to even get trade rights. I'm playing on normal difficulty.

Its at the very beginning of my new Byzantine campaign. I actually restarted it to try and be less aggressive, occupying settlements instead of sacking them, not assassinating anyone, and getting trade rights early, didn't matter by turn 10 everyone on earth despises me and I have to shell out insane amounts of money to even get trade rights. I'm playing on normal difficulty.
    I'm not dealing with the diplomacy and AI (it's @Macaras, he's on holidays) but I'm happy to hear that: the Romaioi are arguably the strongest faction (many rich provinces, strong initial units etc.) in the game and their life should be made difficult exactly through being hated by everybody.