Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    8 is indeed a lot. Shouldn't be like this, I've looked through the script and I cannot discern what can cause it. So I don't know any way to stop it either...
    thanks anyway, maybe there is some way to kill the generals with console commands, if not i guess Pisa is gonna get wiped.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

So here is a player who encounters the same problem as me when I had to face armies of French generals with my Spanish faction...

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    So here is a player who encounters the same problem as me when I had to face armies of French generals with my Spanish faction...
    Indeed. I've gone again throgh both the script.txt and the EDB - in both cases I cannot discern any reason for this increased number of generals. It could be that an error in coding provide a infinite number of the recrutable generals. But I cannot see any possible error. Maybe there's a mysterious mission for the AI giving generals as a reward? Another source? I'd be very happy to get a save to have a look myself.

so i went back to my moors campaign to see if there was anything like with pisa, and there was .
    https://imgur.com/a/fHgUGct
    poland and georgia both seem to have been spaming generals non-stop.
    last pic is pisa with whats left of their "army" hold up in genoa.

Hello, in wake of wanting to play some more M2TW I was wondering if perhaps there is a new test version that I might give you guys some feedback on? Last I played was in August 2021 the 0.98 Update.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by khatmar View Post
    Hello, in wake of wanting to play some more M2TW I was wondering if perhaps there is a new test version that I might give you guys some feedback on? Last I played was in August 2021 the 0.98 Update.

Thank you.
    I'll send it you within 2 days. I've been working on the dynamic integration system for a month now, and I still have 25 provinces to go (out of 199).

Quote Originally Posted by SkarinV View Post
    so i went back to my moors campaign to see if there was anything like with pisa, and there was .
    https://imgur.com/a/fHgUGct
    poland and georgia both seem to have been spaming generals non-stop.
    last pic is pisa with whats left of their "army" hold up in genoa.
    very interesting indeed. For the moment my guess is that the AI gets "Adopted generals" up to the number of their settlements.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; March 24, 2022 at 06:11 AM.

Thank you! Im looking forward to it

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mamlaz View Post
    I understand both are steam compatible, I merely wished to have an ability to add the mods directly to the steam library list.
    The way I understand Steam you need a executable file to be able to add a game, hence that will not work. The old, obsolete M2TW launcher handled it via registry entries.

I am certain that I had SS6.4 on the library list the last time I was active on this forum, some year or bit more ago.

It even had the launcher art next to the name.

How was this so, I cannot remember.

Now I do it in launch properties:

Blog Entries

Ah, now I know - the original Stainless Steel installation has a executable, it's own launcher called ss_launcher (for direct start) and another one called ss_setup (setup, as the name suggests). Not sure if SSHIP does away with it, it most likely has if it is stand alone now.

There is an application out there that let's you convert BAT files to EXE format - that way you could add mods to the Steam Library: https://bat-to-exe-converter-x64.en.softonic.com/
    Just tried it out for my Bare Geomod installation, complete with embedded icon - that will go into my next release:

Spoiler for BG executable and library adding

In any case: while the launch option certainly works it restricts you to one mod at a time and if you forget you have it then installing
    a new mod will result in running the default game should you forget. It's actually a leftover from RTW times, every mod has a BAT file now that starts it and usually installers create a desktop icon for it.

Edit: Bare Geomod (as of 2.2.1) is now updated with the EXE instead of a BAT file. Have a try if it works as you are used to.
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 26, 2022 at 03:03 AM.

Hello,
    I found a mapdesign (or something) bug near the castle Freiberg. http://0x0.st/oqc7.png

When I enter the battle, the game puts me out of my deployable area
    ( http://0x0.st/oqcF.png ), and when I start it, these fascinating images appear: http://0x0.st/oqTs.png http://0x0.st/oqTz.png http://0x0.st/oqTi.png

I use the 0.97 standalone SSHIP, the Linux Steam version of the game, and my OS is Arch btw.

Thank you for this mod!

Blog Entries

Reminds me of the 'hole of Athens' in RTW, Northwest of the settlement in the mountains was a tile that had a chasm between deployment areas. Two units of slingers were able to decimate a full attacking army, provided they didn't run out of ammunition first.

Quote Originally Posted by gyomember View Post
    Hello,
    I found a mapdesign (or something) bug near the castle Freiberg. http://0x0.st/oqc7.png

When I enter the battle, the game puts me out of my deployable area
    ( http://0x0.st/oqcF.png ), and when I start it, these fascinating images appear: http://0x0.st/oqTs.png http://0x0.st/oqTz.png http://0x0.st/oqTi.png

I use the 0.97 standalone SSHIP, the Linux Steam version of the game, and my OS is Arch btw.

Thank you for this mod!
    yeah, I've experienced such situations as well, in the base Stainless Steel iirc.
    We don't have any dedicated mapper so I'm not sure will be able to fix such situations. However, in the new version we've lowered one parameter and it should make all slopes less steep (and fix the Qaliqala flying castle bug).

Im trying out 0.98 but every time I try to select custom battle in the main menu the game crashes. Doesn't happen with any other mod or SSHIP 0.97 either. Any idea what could be going wrong on my end?

It's obviously an installation issue. The folder may not be installed in the correct location. For example, did you overwrite the SS6.3 folder with the SSHIP 098 content ?
    SSHIP should be installed in the "mods" folder alone. It should be called SSHIP_098 (.../mods/SSHIP_098)
    in the latter, you can also try running "Map and Bin file cleaner.bat" to rebuild the text files and the game map.

Default Re: SSHIP_098 April 7th 2022 - for testing

@Jurand: I tested 2 campaign battles (one in winter, one in summer) with Kyiv besieging Chernigov with the previous SSHIP 098 version of March 22: result: no crashes.
    I suspect an error in the new version...
    Winter battle
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Summer battle

You'll notice that the event panels without @Cephalophore's improvements - I think he hasn't worked on the Russian factions yet - are significantly less beautiful.

The only issue I can think of is that among the defenders' army (slave) there's something faulty:
    ; CHERNIGOVcharacter sub_faction kievan_rus, Vsevolod Olgovich, named character, male, age 34, x 305, y 218
    traits LoyaltyStarter 1 , NaturalMilitarySkill 2 , MilitaryInclination 1 , GoodCommander 2 , ReligionStarter 1 , StrategyDread 1 , Austere 1 , Loyal 1 , Energetic 2 , Upright 1 , BadAdministrator 1
    army
    unit Dismounted Druzhina exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Smolensk Infantry exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Junior Militia exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Junior Militia exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Chude Militia exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Chude Militia exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Hunters exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Hunters exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    It'd be useful to see if one have successful battles with any of the newly re-coded units: Hunters, Chude Militia, Smolensk Infantry.
    Another reason can be: having a named character leading Dismounted Druzhina is causing a crashe (so it would work with EE Bodyguard unit).
    Maybe changing that hight parameter (we've changed it because of the faulty Qaliqala castle in the battle map) have caused problems?

The only issue I can think of is that among the defenders' army (slave) there's something faulty:

It'd be useful to see if one have successful battles with any of the newly re-coded units: Hunters, Chude Militia, Smolensk Infantry.
    I just tested all these units in custom battle. They don't bug.
    Another reason can be: having a named character leading Dismounted Druzhina is causing a crashe (so it would work with EE Bodyguard unit).
    That may indeed be the problem... normally bodyguards are on horseback and there is no druzhina bodyguard in the EDU.
    After testing, that doesn't seem to be the problem either. I restarted this battle where the spy opened the doors. As my troops rushed into the city, I scoured the city for the leader and his druzhina bodyguard unit, and found it, without crashing the game.

The game crashed a few seconds later, probably when my units start to enter the city (see on radar)

Maybe changing that hight parameter (we've changed it because of the faulty Qaliqala castle in the battle map) have caused problems?
    The reason for the height parameter is not in question since I had already changed it in my previous version.
    Last edited by kostic; April 14, 2022 at 05:40 AM. Reason: additional test

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    I just tested all these units in custom battle. They don't bug.
    That may indeed be the problem... normally bodyguards are on horseback and there is no druzhina bodyguard in the EDU.
    I've checked it in a campaing battle and indeed the units do not provoke any problem, also the bodyguard is ok (as it should be). There must be something with the graphics of the city itself.

After reflection, I believe that the crash comes from this general associated with a unit of druzhina.
    Let me explain :
    On my last test, I roamed the city in all directions with my camera, before my units reached the city. If it was a graphic problem concerning this one, I would have had the crash at that time. However, my crash occurred when my army was about to enter the city...
    Have you noticed that the player can only get information about a unit if it is close enough to the player's units ?
    I therefore think that the crash occurs when the player's units are sufficiently close to that of the druzhina bodyguards, which at this time, is unable to give information on this type of unit which does not exist. EE druzhina does not exist in the EDU.