Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by SkarinV View Post
    hey, i started a crusader states campaign today, am at turn 8 now and was checking the pope tab and i noticed in his traits he has something that says
    should not be visible: report to dev team if you see this in bold letters, is this a bad thing , should i restart my campaign?
    send us a screenshot, if possible.
    But frankly speaking, I wouldn't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    send us a screenshot, if possible.
    But frankly speaking, I wouldn't bother.
    i'll get a screenshot if it will help, all i want to know is will it miss up the pope in anyway regarding crusades and interaction with other faction
    considering he excomed pisa before turn 10 xD

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    friends, in the settlement of Kaisery in my byzantine campaign with 0.98 beta in the mercenary building (hetarairai) , the first level of mercenary barracks have all the armenian mercenary units and also byzantine mercenaries (anglosaxon huskarls, latinikon, vardariotes), and for the SECOND AND THIRD LEVEL only have byzantine mercenaries , the armenian mercenaries dissapear... i think that it is a bug no???

About mercenaries also are AOR units??? these armenians mercenaries are recruited in Kaisery, Sis , Ani and other settlements.
    Mercernary barracks remain as they were in the previous version, only the recruitment from the byzantine imperial barracks was moved. you're right to pointing at it, I'll fix it one way or another
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

i noticed that the AI tends to train mostly units that come from the landowners building, it also seems that they train them faster.
    most of the time the AI just send three units of feudal tier instead of training a larger army made up of militia and some elites, is this a normal behavior for the AI?
    it makes the AI even more weaker in my opinion.

i noticed that the AI tends to train mostly units that come from the landowners building, it also seems that they train them faster.
    most of the time the AI just send three units of feudal tier instead of training a larger army made up of militia and some elites, is this a normal behavior for the AI?
    it makes the AI even more weaker in my opinion.
    Yes, sending very small armies by the AI is a problem that I know no solution to. Three feudal tier units is still better than three militia, even though it would be better to have an army of 10 units. If you'd find advice how to do it, I'll listen and try to implement. One solution is now being implemented, is to add recruitment pools for certain unit in surges (every 4 turns). Another is implemented in EBII: winter turns (so also every 4 turns), there's a higher number of recruitment slots available. I'm also considering this solution.
    Anyway, this phenomenon of 3 feudal units is related to the initial availability on turn 1 of a number of feudal units - both for the player and the AI. It's easy to explain. I'd be interesting to know if you've seen a group of generals (say 5+ of them) - @kostic noticed such a situation, but I haven't, and I'd have no easy explanation, if this would be true.

i never encountered this in SS6.4, AI there tends to just spam alot of militia units until the elites are available, and given these feudal units take a very long time to train while the normal units don't i would think that at the start of a compaign you would have to fight those elites that everyone get, but as you play along you would see more militia and less elites, and the armies would grow bigger, its like they are coded to just train those units and only them, even with militia units costing less and replenishing faster, and the AI usually trains whatever is there.
    as for the generals groups i never saw anything of the sort, AI send their armies without a leader most of the time, other times its maybe 2 or 3 family members in one army.

i never encountered this in SS6.4, AI there tends to just spam alot of militia units until the elites are available, and given these feudal units take a very long time to train while the normal units don't i would think that at the start of a compaign you would have to fight those elites that everyone get, but as you play along you would see more militia and less elites, and the armies would grow bigger, its like they are coded to just train those units and only them, even with militia units costing less and replenishing faster, and the AI usually trains whatever is there.
    as for the generals groups i never saw anything of the sort, AI send their armies without a leader most of the time, other times its maybe 2 or 3 family members in one army.
    I'm not sure if in the SS6.4 it was "the armies would grow bigger". I can recall indeed armies of militia units, but not bigger armies.
    In the SSHIP the feudal units have 1 turn to train and they have usually a few initial units available (but refill of the pools is much longer), so this indeed differs.

hello, just wanted to report a couple of things , firstly i noticed that when a city or castle rebels it doesn't go to the independent sovereignties but would go to another existing faction, like tunis when pisa had it and rebelled it changed to the fatimids is this normal? another thing is that the free upkeep in cities and castles seems to not work sometimes, if a city has free upkeep for 4 units , only 3 would be free, this is on top of faction leader having the protector of his people trait which i find odd cause that trait increases the amount of free upkeep slots you get.

hello, just wanted to report a couple of things , firstly i noticed that when a city or castle rebels it doesn't go to the independent sovereignties but would go to another existing faction, like tunis when pisa had it and rebelled it changed to the fatimids is this normal? another thing is that the free upkeep in cities and castles seems to not work sometimes, if a city has free upkeep for 4 units , only 3 would be free, this is on top of faction leader having the protector of his people trait which i find odd cause that trait increases the amount of free upkeep slots you get.
    It's probably not a problem that the settlements rebel to another faction, imo.
    I've checked in the new version, and the free upkeep is probably correctly coded. However, I might have fixed it over the last 4 monts, maybe it was not so in November, I don't remember.
    Thanks for the info, @Skarin, and keep up with it!

also is there a way to read all the pop ups that come over the turns in one place, sometimes i like to re-check some stuff but no way to do that.

also is there a way to read all the pop ups that come over the turns in one place, sometimes i like to re-check some stuff but no way to do that.
    some info is included in the buildings' descriptions (in particular: education)
    some info is in the trait's descriptions (in particular: crowns)
    the rest is to be read from the filex - go to data/text and then open historical_events.txt, and look for events with {INFO_

is there a script that reduces governor's tax collection, a govonor i have in damascus after i hit end turn loses around 500 income from taxes, wierd thing is that his traits or ancillaries never change.
    is it maybe related to age, his only 44 atm so it shouldn't be because his getting older.

is there a script that reduces governor's tax collection, a govonor i have in damascus after i hit end turn loses around 500 income from taxes, wierd thing is that his traits or ancillaries never change.
    is it maybe related to age, his only 44 atm so it shouldn't be because his getting older.
    No special script, but tax collection can be reduced due to (1) a trait, (2) an ancillary. But these are described in the traits' descriptions.

No special script, but tax collection can be reduced due to (1) a trait, (2) an ancillary. But these are described in the traits' descriptions.
    i know that , but the governor's traits and ancillaries didn't change. are there hidden traits, cuz its a bit weird.
    i tested it multiple times the tax amount would go down but nothing is changed in the traits/ancillaries.

so i just ran into my first general stack in my current game, it was from pisa, they were taking city after city in italy, inclucing rome, so the pope calls a crusade, when i arrive there the first army that i see has 8 or 9 general, after i beat them and take rome, they are now just standing around the ciry.

https://imgur.com/a/aytU6A3

so i just ran into my first general stack in my current game, it was from pisa, they were taking city after city in italy, inclucing rome, so the pope calls a crusade, when i arrive there the first army that i see has 8 or 9 general, after i beat them and take rome, they are now just standing around the ciry.

https://imgur.com/a/aytU6A3
    watch out to the pope - you have to explore it yourself, I've never took Rome as a catholic faction, but I know people had their ways of dealing with Pope.
    On Pisa stacks : it'd be much better if they'd group into one stack but I don't know if and what could be be programed to get this result.

watch out to the pope - you have to explore it yourself, I've never took Rome as a catholic faction, but I know people had their ways of dealing with Pope.
    On Pisa stacks : it'd be much better if they'd group into one stack but I don't know if and what could be be programed to get this result.
    i won't keep Rome for long, i'll give it back to the pope, as soon as i deal with pisa and thier general spams.
    the generals were in one stack when i defeated them near Bari, but after i sieged Rome, i found them like that the next turn.
    what makes pisa able to train generals anyway, they shouldn't have a building letting them do so, and is there anyway to stop them spaming generals?

i won't keep Rome for long, i'll give it back to the pope, as soon as i deal with pisa and thier general spams.
    the generals were in one stack when i defeated them near Bari, but after i sieged Rome, i found them like that the next turn.
    what makes pisa able to train generals anyway, they shouldn't have a building letting them do so, and is there anyway to stop them spaming generals?
    Interesting. How many Pisa generals were there? Can you show a pic with them?

Interesting. How many Pisa generals were there? Can you show a pic with them?
    too late for a pic now i only have the one with them outside of Rome, which i linked above.
    but i remember they had 8 generals all in one stack with other depleted units, the generals themselves were beaten up, some had 17 men others 20.
    Sicily lost Naples and Bari in 5 turns after war was declared. is there a way to stop them recruiting generals Jurand, cause if i leave them alone they will conquer everyone like this.
    Last edited by SkarinV; March 23, 2022 at 11:39 AM.

too late for a pic now i only have the one with them outside of Rome, which i linked above.
    but i remember they had 8 generals all in one stack with other depleted units, the generals themselves were beaten up, some had 17 men others 20.
    Sicily lost Naples and Bari in 5 turns after war was declared. is there a way to stop them recruiting generals Jurand, cause if i leave them alone they will conquer everyone like this.
    8 is indeed a lot. Shouldn't be like this, I've looked through the script and I cannot discern what can cause it. So I don't know any way to stop it either...