Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Hi @Jurand, here's the file. don't worry if it takes awhile to look at, i might be giving 0.98 a shot in the meantime.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    I don't know how we choose to put or remove the fog... I also can't display the console for the cheat codes.
    I don't think we've changed anything on this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by H.Templar View Post
    hey, i just downloaded the version 0.98 and the game starts in window mode, when i change the resolution it just applies to the window mode but with better graphics. like 800x600 window mode with 1920x1080 pixel visual. in game alt+enter does not work to enter the fullscreen. how to get the game start on fullscreen?
    in the .cfg file:

borderless_window =false
    windowed =false

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

The tutorials say to activate the console with the character (~) but it does not work for me.

Guys, I met again the battle map generator bug. All my battle present blank minimap and the same plain lanscape.
    I attached my save, if someone want to try fight some battle and see if they have the same issue.

it always happen around turn 100, version 0.98
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    in the .cfg file:

borderless_window =false
    windowed =false
    after posting here i just looked cfg file and changed windowed=false and it worked.

borderless_window=true in my cfg but changed it to false just to be safe.

i tried early and late game with england but it starts at the same position and in the same year. is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by H.Templar View Post
    after posting here i just looked cfg file and changed windowed=false and it worked.

borderless_window=true in my cfg but changed it to false just to be safe.

i tried early and late game with england but it starts at the same position and in the same year. is this normal?
    There should be a message that late campaign is not available. only 1132.

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Re: Man of the hour generals appearing in family tree.

I just had a pop up message at the beginning of a turn that stated that man of the hour generals are not added to the family tree, and do not count towards the 4 child per family member cap. The next turn I accepted a man of the hour general and discovered he DID appear on the family tree window and had the trait "adopted" by the king so I presume he will count towards the child cap. Furthermore, all the kings offspring are still children so I am guessing he will be counted as the senior heir. Does this not set him up to be a potential Usurper down the road?

I guess the bug is that the description of Man of the Hour generals in the pop up does not jive with the apparent actual behaviour. If given the choice I would definitely prefer the behaviour as described in the pop up, thus giving the choice of leaving him outside the tree, or marrying him in with a princess.

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by Bud_Viking View Post
    Re: Man of the hour generals appearing in family tree.

I just had a pop up message at the beginning of a turn that stated that man of the hour generals are not added to the family tree, and do not count towards the 4 child per family member cap. The next turn I accepted a man of the hour general and discovered he DID appear on the family tree window and had the trait "adopted" by the king so I presume he will count towards the child cap. Furthermore, all the kings offspring are still children so I am guessing he will be counted as the senior heir. Does this not set him up to be a potential Usurper down the road?

I guess the bug is that the description of Man of the Hour generals in the pop up does not jive with the apparent actual behaviour. If given the choice I would definitely prefer the behaviour as described in the pop up, thus giving the choice of leaving him outside the tree, or marrying him in with a princess.
    You're right, I've formulated it in a wrong way. I had in mind that he wouldn't have the Blood of this faction. I'll correct it.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; February 12, 2022 at 01:12 AM.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Domitianus93 View Post
    Guys, I met again the battle map generator bug. All my battle present blank minimap and the same plain lanscape.
    I attached my save, if someone want to try fight some battle and see if they have the same issue.

it always happen around turn 100, version 0.98
    I tested some battles with your saved game.
    Minimaps (F5 radar) appear black on the Iranian plateau, but look ok near the Caspian Sea. Is that what you wanted to point out or is there something else ?

on the Iranian plateau :
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

near the Caspian Sea :

It may be some problem with the map heights, I would run the cleaner and see what will happen..

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    I tested some battles with your saved game.
    Minimaps (F5 radar) appear black on the Iranian plateau, but look ok near the Caspian Sea. Is that what you wanted to point out or is there something else ?

on the Iranian plateau :

near the Caspian Sea :
    That's exactly what I meant. It happened again in my previous campaign with Georgia around turn 100.

Oh also, I noticed that most of my battle maps, after this bug were in flatlands. No hills, no mountains.

@Macaras: I'm going to try it, if there aren't any other fixes...

NEW UPDATE REGARDING UNIT IMPROVEMENT FOR VERSION 0.9.8

The archives are : expanded.txt , export_units.txt, export_descr_units.txt

SOON I WILL UPDATE NEW TEXT DESCRIPTIONS FOR UNITS AND MAYBE MORE NEW HISTORICAL NAMES.

MODIFICADOS 2.rar

A BRIEF CHANGELOG:

1.frighten_foot attribute---Most professional troops with 2-handed axes have the "frigthen_foot nearby enemies" attribute, to make the fear that their opponents would have to feel when facing such a feared weapon more realistic in the game as well as to its power to penetrate armor and break formations.
    This attribute of terrifying enemy infantry has also been added to the heaviest cavalry in the game such as the Katapraktoi or other cavalry that were covered in armor and offered a powerful shock force against the enemy.

2.shield_wall formation--- This attribute has been included in most Roman (Byzantine) infantry units as well as their elite units to reflect the legacy of Roman formations in their army as well as the famous "fulkum" of the Byzantine infantry.
    This attribute has also been added to many Scandinavian units for their famous use of the shield wall in their tactics and in some European and Eastern elite units (such as knights, ghulams, caliphal guard...), as well as for urban militias.
    Few units will have the "shiltrom" attribute except Scottish units, in most units it was more common to use the shield wall.

3.Also, for singular and exceptional units such as the naffatun or siphonatores, both attributes of scaring mounted units and infantry have been added (Everyone would be afraid of dying burned by this type of fire).

4.Improved unit descriptions as well as updated unit names for better immersion in the game.

5.Improvement in the names and titles of the characters on the campaign map, especially for Castilians, Aragonese, Portuguese and Byzantines.

6.Improvement in morale and resistance stats for certain units such as militias and elite units, as well as modifications in morale for certain units (units traditionally more trained by their culture in war) such as Scandinavians or Berbers

7. Some Scandinavian and Rus Units have forest and snow bonuses due to their natural environment and life customs

8. Berber, Bedouin, and African units have desert bonuses due to their natural environment and lifestyle.

OPINIONS PLEASE!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

My game keeps starting in 1024x768 but I want it in 1920x1080, even thought I've changed it in both game settings and cfg. How can I fix that?

There are two configuration files - one in the mod, and one in the MTW2 folder - check if both of them have the same settings.. and see if their attributes are read-only or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Palm View Post
    My game keeps starting in 1024x768 but I want it in 1920x1080, even thought I've changed it in both game settings and cfg. How can I fix that?
    I'd guess your setting of the Medieval2 is the reason. I don't know how to set it, but perhpas non-SSHIP configuration.cfg is overriding the SSHIP one.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaras View Post
    There are two configuration files - one in the mod, and one in the MTW2 folder - check if both of them have the same settings.. and see if their attributes are read-only or not?
    Yeah it's the medieval2.preference.cfg in my medieval 2 game files, keep changing it to 1920x1080 but every time I start the game it switches it back to 1024x768. The one in SSHIP cfg stays at 1920x1080 but it doesn't start the game in that resolution.

I'd guess your setting of the Medieval2 is the reason. I don't know how to set it, but perhpas non-SSHIP configuration.cfg is overriding the SSHIP one.
    You mean the one in the main mediaval 2 folder?

So what you can do is to change the resolution and make it read-only, then it will not be overwritten. Maybe this will help.

No didn't work sorry, it did not change back the cfg, but the game still started in 1024x768. I'll reinstall de game and mod tomorrow maybe I did something wrong with the installation or something, see if that fixes it. Thanks for the help though!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

no, there's nobody in the team with the skills to fix the flying Qaliqala

I think makanyane has a fix for that, or at least knows how to fix it.