Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

I got a crash when I end turn 3, little to soon in my eyes.

Code:
    22:02:19.509 [game.script] [always] Turn End hre
    22:02:19.513 [game.script] [always] Turn Start sicily
    22:02:19.919 [game.script] [always] Turn End sicily
    22:02:19.921 [game.script] [always] Turn Start abbasid
    22:02:21.272 [game.script] [always] Turn End abbasid
    22:02:21.273 [game.script] [always] Turn Start denmark
    22:02:27.121 [game.script] [always] Turn End denmark
    22:02:27.123 [game.script] [always] Turn Start egypt
    22:02:28.264 [game.script] [always] Turn End egypt
    22:02:28.269 [game.script] [always] Turn Start scotland
    22:02:28.415 [game.script] [always] Turn End scotland
    22:02:28.417 [game.script] [always] Turn Start cumans
    22:02:35.002 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SSHIP/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt, at line 49117, column 25
    counter value not declared

22:02:35.002 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SSHIP/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt, at line 49120, column 26
    counter value not declared

22:02:35.232 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    22:03:14.813 [game.script] [always] Turn End hre
    22:03:14.817 [game.script] [always] Turn Start sicily
    22:03:15.105 [game.script] [always] Turn End sicily
    22:03:15.108 [game.script] [always] Turn Start abbasid
    22:03:16.221 [game.script] [always] Turn End abbasid
    22:03:16.222 [game.script] [always] Turn Start denmark
    22:03:26.362 [game.script] [always] Turn End denmark
    22:03:26.364 [game.script] [always] Turn Start egypt
    22:03:27.389 [game.script] [always] Turn End egypt
    22:03:27.393 [game.script] [always] Turn Start scotland
    22:03:27.546 [game.script] [always] Turn End scotland
    22:03:27.548 [game.script] [always] Turn Start cumans
    22:03:28.652 [game.script] [always] Turn End cumans
    22:03:28.653 [game.script] [always] Turn Start turks
    22:03:30.772 [game.script] [always] Turn End turks
    22:03:30.773 [game.script] [always] Turn Start france
    22:03:31.190 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Sorry about that @Palm, the errors showing in your logs have no link however to a CTD, it is long before the game crashes. Usually most crashes can by passed by reloading the save and hitting end turn button again.
    If it is always happening, and always at france's turn, you could always try to destroy the faction by oppening the console and typing
    Code:
    surrender_regions france
    I know it is a last resort solution, and at this point if your CTD is persisting and may as well start a new campaign. Again, sorry about that!
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

I have found a visual bug regarding the beta version (Belovese).
    Typical trade ships are not visible on the campaign map, and trade wagons look bad on the roads.

I attach images and my cfg configuration.

Could it be because I have activated all the graphics at full resolution? No window mode, sync activated and widescreen with 1920x 1080 resolution

Visual bug.rarconfiguration.rar
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

i had CTD in the first turns with many factions as for example abbasieds...

here my log. i hope that it can solve it...

sshipbetafull.rar
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    I have found a visual bug regarding the beta version (Belovese).
    Typical trade ships are not visible on the campaign map, and trade wagons look bad on the roads.

I attach images and my cfg configuration.

Could it be because I have activated all the graphics at full resolution? No window mode, sync activated and widescreen with 1920x 1080 resolution

Visual bug.rarconfiguration.rar
    i think that i have solved visual bugs about trade figures, you need to put the game without "widescreen" mode. But for other hand i noticed that northern factions (scotland, norwegians, danish...) dont have sounds or voices (i have spanish version)
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

For sound issues, use this patch: SSHIP soundfix FR+DE+RU...
    For the French version, only Scotland has no voice, but this is easily corrected by changing the Scottish accent to the English accent.

I hope that Belovèse thought of giving you the beta version with the latest fixes, because without that, there was notably a direct CTD with Poland from the passage of the first round ...

I just finished 20 laps with France and only 1 CTD in battle which did not recur with my save. It is really encouraging !

Kostic is right @j.a.luna: I forgot to send you a patch for the testing version, so I just did it by pm.

About the trade fleets, thanks for the tip about widescreen. By the way, do you see a change when you activate/deactivate widescreen? I also play at 1920x1080 but I didn't notice any changes...

Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse View Post
    Kostic is right @j.a.luna: I forgot to send you a patch for the testing version, so I just did it by pm.

About the trade fleets, thanks for the tip about widescreen. By the way, do you see a change when you activate/deactivate widescreen? I also play at 1920x1080 but I didn't notice any changes...
    Yes, widescreen ON do some visual bugs as i said before ( trade figures), when put Off is OK.

I found in byzantine campaign some little bugs

-in the city of Korinthos exist a general called "Andronikos Komnenos" he has heir appearance but he isn't and also when you put the mouse over him the description says "Emt_byzantium_named_character_2"
    Same case in England for Stephen de Bloid in London... I think that it is produce for be "illegitime heir"

-the Provincial tittle of the city of Smyrna say that is a Castle which offers great military training, and it is a city... Same case for tittle of Dirrachiom (say that is a city)

-for roads, in the campaign description, still says highways, paved roads and roads(campaign map), but in the building description says ( gravel tracks, roads and paved roads)

-i saw that Constantinple dont have ballista towers... I think that this city should be the best defensible city at the beggining of the game...

-persian spearmen dont have description picture

For the rest i saw the numerous improvements and are awesome! Great work sship team!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

-in the city of Korinthos exist a general called "Andronikos Komnenos" he has heir appearance but he isn't and also when you put the mouse over him the description says "Emt_byzantium_named_character_2"
    Same case in England for Stephen de Bloid in London... I think that it is produce for be "illegitime heir"
    Thank you for spotting this, I just checked - the description seems to be related to the 'usurper' trait..

Quote Originally Posted by Macaras View Post
    Thank you for spotting this, I just checked - the description seems to be related to the 'usurper' trait..
    you are welcome! i noticed also that in the 5 turns byzantines have 14 bishops and 1 echumenical patriarch, is this normal? (priest limitation), for the rest of factions is normal (1-3 priest), for other hand i would like see more pagan priest (cumans and lithuanians) i noticed when the game is longest only i see few pagan priest or nothing...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

-the Provincial tittle of the city of Smyrna say that is a Castle which offers great military training, and it is a city... Same case for tittle of Dirrachiom (say that is a city)
    -for roads, in the campaign description, still says highways, paved roads and roads(campaign map), but in the building description says ( gravel tracks, roads and paved roads)
    -i saw that Constantinple dont have ballista towers... I think that this city should be the best defensible city at the beggining of the game...
    -persian spearmen dont have description picture
    Thanks, j.a., these will be fixed.

i noticed some little things about stats units, only berber archers and berber light cavalry have "combat bonus in deserts".

i think that all berbers units and african/sudan units should have the attribute of "combat bonus in deserts" (berber spearmen, berber javelinmen, berber pikemen, african spearmen, sudan archers, sudan warriors, african javelinmen, black guards and others).

for other hand all bedouins units have this combat bonus in deserts.

Also i saw that mercenaary turcopole units( archers and horsearchers) is in all middle east lands( Levant, Irak and Iran), i think these mercenary units should be recruitable only in Levant(Outremer) lands, a short resume about turkopoles units in Levant.

TURCOPOLES
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

These auxiliaries were the mixed-race children of Greek and Turkish parents, and were at least nominally Christian, although some may have been Muslims in practice.
    The Turcopoles were not necessarily Turkish or mestizo mercenaries, but many were probably recruited from among the Christianized Seljuks, or from the Syrian Orthodox Christians under Latin rule. In the Holy Land, these units were more lightly protected than knights and sergeants (men-at-arms on horseback), having spears and bows to fight the more mobile Muslim forces. The Turks served as light cavalry in the role of skirmishers, scouts, horse archers, and sometimes in the second line of a charge supporting Frankish knights and sergeants. Their horses were lighter and faster than those of Western mounted troops, and their armor generally consisted only of a padded doublet or gambeson and a conical steel helmet.1

They collaborated both in the secular armies of Outremer and in the mesnadas of the military orders. In the latter they had a lower status than Frankish sergeants and were subject to various restrictions, including having to eat at a separate table from other Templar or Hospitaller soldiers.

as a separate topic in the future it would be good to add the Andalusian units as regional units similar to the Armenian units (4-5 regional units)
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...N-amp-CASTILLE
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Another suggestion or report regarding the units of the game, in southern Italy and the island of Sicily, at the beginning of the game, you can only recruit mercenary crossbowmen. I think I remember that in previous versions mercenary spearmen and macemen could also be recruited, later also swordmen sergeant.

On the other hand as a suggestion I think that at least 2 Bulgarian mercenary units could also be added to represent them in the game (currently there are Bulgarian brigands and I think it is not very historical). Also add Cuman mercenary units through the Hungarian and Moldavian areas. (especially after when the Mongol hordes appear).

I suppose that Jurand or kostic are in charge of this matter in terms of game units (new units, new models, availability, mercenaries, historical composition ...)
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

The question of adding mercenaries or making certain units mercenaries is under discussion.
    For the moment, I have not developed any skills on this subject.
    The Bulgarian Brigands should indeed be renamed and probably the unit should be remade as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    The question of adding mercenaries or making certain units mercenaries is under discussion.
    For the moment, I have not developed any skills on this subject.
    The Bulgarian Brigands should indeed be renamed and probably the unit should be remade as well.
    Its easy:

https://wiki.twcenter.net/index.php?...ercenaries.txt

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

religions { islam }
    religions { islam } crusading
    start_year 1300 end_year 1400
    events { gunpowder_discovered }
    end_year 1400 events { mongols_invasion_warn }

As well you can write your own events, e.g "John Hawkwood in Italy", "Brabanters mercenaries" or whatever else, and allow some english units or else to be recruited for a restricted amount of time.

Thank you for these indications. There remains the practice that I do not yet have.

Little bug found, in the castle of Sharukan(cumans) you can build 2 markets(market and grain exchange) and one of them is already built in the settlement
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Little bug found, in the castle of Sharukan(cumans) you can build 2 markets(market and grain exchange) and one of them is already built in the settlement
    Thanks, it was an error in descr_strat, I've just fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse View Post
    Thanks, it was an error in descr_strat, I've just fixed it.
    Also i found a visual bug in cumans, in the unit of Khagan bodyguards, the officer with banner have silversurfer unit and the general or leader have lithuanian appearance, not cuman appearance

Also pechenegs units dont have officer unit

I will continue investigating to gradually polish the mod more
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Also i found a visual bug in cumans, in the unit of Khagan bodyguards, the officer with banner have silversurfer unit and the general or leader have lithuanian appearance, not cuman appearance
    Also pechenegs units dont have officer unit
    Thank you. I'll check this out (I noticed bad texture for Cumans flag bearers, but no silver surfer).

The good news is that I have almost completed the integration of Nikossaiz units for ERE. Perhaps they will be included in the final 098 version.