Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by CheriSh17 View Post
    I didn't know that that was a bug.
    "They instantly turn into rebel settlements and the Mongols move on to the next Khwarezmian city."
    They did the same in my campaign until they reached Baghdad, then after they captured it, they turned like into a normal faction, albeit rather rapidly because of their huge armies.
    Could this be intended? IIRC when the Mongols first arrived they didnt conquer cities ,they just sacked and move on , burning and destroying everything in the Khwarezmian Empire , Baghdad may have been the 1st city they actually kept ??? So it might be historical to some extent.

However this definetely creats instability in the script , as there is a 50/50 chance the game will crash when they conquer a settlement from what i noticed. It can be bypassed eventually by reloading the save until it wont crash , but still , a bug.

https://easyupload.io/9xsrj4 The same 23rd March version .

Here is the save and log Belovese, i understand my log is incomplete but have no idea why.....maybe i botched the installation but it works fine i suppose ,i am waiting for a full installation once you guys release the 0.9.8 , hopefully i dont have to go through all the SS.6.3 > SS.6.4 > SSHIP etc stuff .

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

This is not not intended, Mongols should be able to keep their settlements, at least for some time. I've even drafted a code to make them easier to achieve so.

Code:
    ; STONE WALL - HAPPINES & LAW

law_bonus bonus 1 requires event_counter is_the_ai 3 and hidden_resource capital
    		law_bonus bonus 2 requires event_counter is_the_ai 4 and hidden_resource capital
    		law_bonus bonus 4 requires event_counter is_the_ai 3
    		law_bonus bonus 5 requires event_counter is_the_ai 4 

law_bonus bonus 2 requires factions { mongols, }
    		happiness_bonus bonus -10 requires not factions { slave, cumans, mongols, } and not event_counter new_era_begins 1 and hidden_resource cumans
    		happiness_bonus bonus -8 requires not factions { slave, cumans, mongols, } and event_counter new_era_begins 1 and hidden_resource cumans

; Mongol initial low taxes and terror of rule help them to keep settlements not rioting
    		happiness_bonus bonus 6 requires factions { mongols, } and not event_counter mongols_invasion 4
    		happiness_bonus bonus 4 requires factions { mongols, } and event_counter mongols_invasion 4 and not event_counter mongols_invasion 5
    		happiness_bonus bonus 3 requires factions { mongols, } and event_counter mongols_invasion 5 and not event_counter mongols_invasion 6
    		happiness_bonus bonus 2 requires factions { mongols, } and event_counter mongols_invasion 6
    Much further work is needed, and observations are needed as well, so thanks @Nemesis and @Cherish, for these observations.

Besides, the Mongol script is incomplete, as I've started coding a few months ago but never returned to the issue. It's on the to-do-list, to make it coded in such a way (as I've posted at the time I was busy with it):
    ------- The Mongols' tweak -------There're 4 goals to attain for the Mongols' tweak:
    - give the player starting in their neighborhood (Turks, Abbasids, Cumans) a chance to survive (so that playing those factions is not a hopeless task). To this end, the second wave of attack will be limited in the north or in the south if the player plays a respective faction.
    - make them behave historically (be unstoppable at times, go deep in the west, subdue territories, then fade away) but make them part of the game (stochastic: time of arrival, directions of attack, number or armies).
    - make them gain territories indeed (what's been seen in the previews, they often linger without taking settlements for dozens of turns).
    - fix the problem of public order (rebellions) in the intialy conquered settlements.
    - adjust the numbers to the lower number of available troops in the SSHIP (the numbers of Mongols were from SS6.4).

The elements of the tweak:
    - increase initial public order in the conquered cities.
    - diversify the directions of expansion (not only Khorasan, but also through the steppes to Rus and Europe, and also through the Iranian plateau to Baghdad).
    - add additional attacking groups that make expansion more historical.
    - lower the experience of the units, and change the composition of the armies.

Programming of the invasions:
    - invasions' warn starts a few turns earlier but may also occur later - on average the date will be the same, but there'll be more variability.
    - waves of attack:
    ** 1: 1218-1230 : 2 armies assault Merv, 2 assault Urgench [currently 9 armies + 5 if Merv not taken, what was rather inevitable].
    ** 2: +3 : 2-3 armies assault Ray or Alamut
    ** 3: +3 : 2-3 armies assault Tabriz or Baku or Tbilisi or Ani
    ** 4: +3 : north of the Causacus and east-Black Sea (2 armies near Azaq, 2 near Kiev) [currently none].
    ** 5: +3 : second wave: 3 armies either at two of those cities: Merv/Urgench/Konjikala (if the player is Cumans), or 3 at Bulgar and Sharukan (if player Abbasids, Turks); or both - if player none of those factions [currently 4 armies at Merv]
    - instead of 3 additional groups of 2 armies, there'll be historical invasions:
    ** invasion of Iraq : if Mongols hold Nishabur/Merv, Ray/Yazd, Isfahan, spawn 2 full-stacks near Baghdad (otherwise spawn them next to Merv)
    ** invasion of Syria : if Mongols hold Nishabur/Merv, Ray/Yazd, Isfahan, Baghdad, spawn 3 full-stacks near Damascus or Aleppo
    ** invasion of Anatolia : if Mongols hold Nishabur/Merv, Ray/Yazd, Isfahan, Baghdad, spawn 3 full-stacks near Ceasarea or Sivas
    ** invasion of Zalesye : check cities against Cuman/slave/Mongol ownership then spawn 2-3 full-stacks at the first: Bulgar, Ryazan, Suzdal.
    ** invasion of Kiev : check cities against Cuman/slave/Mongol ownership then spawn 2-3 full-stacks at the first: Sharukan, Pereyaslav, Kiev
    ** invasion of Poland/Hungary : if Mongols hold Kiev/Pereyasla/Sharukan/Azaq/Iasi, check cities against Cuman/slave/Mongol ownership then spawn 3 full-stacks at the first: Halych, Krakow, Esztergom
    ** invasion of Bulgaria : if Mongols hold Azaq, check cities against Cuman/slave/Mongol ownership then spawn 2 full-stacks at the first: Iasi, Tarnovo, Nis

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis2345 View Post
    Could this be intended? IIRC when the Mongols first arrived they didnt conquer cities ,they just sacked and move on , burning and destroying everything in the Khwarezmian Empire , Baghdad may have been the 1st city they actually kept ??? So it might be historical to some extent.

However this definetely creats instability in the script , as there is a 50/50 chance the game will crash when they conquer a settlement from what i noticed. It can be bypassed eventually by reloading the save until it wont crash , but still , a bug.

https://easyupload.io/9xsrj4 The same 23rd March version .

Here is the save and log Belovese, i understand my log is incomplete but have no idea why.....maybe i botched the installation but it works fine i suppose ,i am waiting for a full installation once you guys release the 0.9.8 , hopefully i dont have to go through all the SS.6.3 > SS.6.4 > SSHIP etc stuff .
    Do you have a save from before the mongols arrival, please? I want to try with XXZit campaign AI.
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

https://easyupload.io/ddpex3

Actually i do , this one is in year 1184 or smth , before the Mongols arrived.

Nice, I'll try it when I'll have some time!

Hi, been playing hours and hours of SSHID, but it just came to a stop at round 180, when crashing, anyone have any tips for me or is it just lost? Ive tryed to go back 5-6 rounds and play over again but no chance getting over 180, loading in and out several times to. The crash is coming when a faction with white badge turn

Quote Originally Posted by robbyh View Post
    Hi, been playing hours and hours of SSHID, but it just came to a stop at round 180, when crashing, anyone have any tips for me or is it just lost? Ive tryed to go back 5-6 rounds and play over again but no chance getting over 180, loading in and out several times to. The crash is coming when a faction with white badge turn
    Is there a way i can upload the savefile or check my logs whats going on?

Is there a way i can upload the savefile or check my logs whats going on?
    Hey robbyh, welcome for to the forum and twcenter! For the save and log you cold upload them to a file sharing service (mega, mediafire, dropbox...) and post the link here.
    What version are you using, 0.97 or the january one? the log is in the mod folder, called system.log I believe (you can open it with notepad).

I hope we'll be able to help you!

Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse View Post
    Hey robbyh, welcome for to the forum and twcenter! For the save and log you cold upload them to a file sharing service (mega, mediafire, dropbox...) and post the link here.
    What version are you using, 0.97 or the january one? the log is in the mod folder, called system.log I believe (you can open it with notepad).

I hope we'll be able to help you!

Thank you.

Good then i know how to do it next time.

I was messing around with the savefile, trying to open it with notepad, looking for the log, funny enough after doing that it got trough to next turn. There was a lot stuff happening with the finding gunpowder and stuff, dont know if that can have something to say, i tryed around 10 times before

Anyways good job on this, its simply amazing

Thanks, and I'm happy it works!
    Can you still send the log and save though, from before the crash I'd you still have it? It would help us hunt bugs!

Thanks, and I'm happy it works!
    Can you still send the log and save though, from before the crash I'd you still have it? It would help us hunt bugs!
    Do you want the savefile like the round before i try to go next round when it was crashing (its not crashing anymore)? I did not find the logs in mods folder im afraid.

But now im crashing again, this happen when i try to attack the closest settlement, im not getting any warning or anything, the game is just quiting on me so you can check that out if you want.
    '
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/8b5ux.../rob6.sav/file

Do you want the savefile like the round before i try to go next round when it was crashing (its not crashing anymore)? I did not find the logs in mods folder im afraid.

But now im crashing again, this happen when i try to attack the closest settlement, im not getting any warning or anything, the game is just quiting on me so you can check that out if you want.
    '
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/8b5ux.../rob6.sav/file
    Well, I'll look at that one first! So, what version are you one, 0.97 or the january beta?

Well, I'll look at that one first! So, what version are you one, 0.97 or the january beta?
    I downloaded this one: https://www.moddb.com/mods/sship/downloads/sship-v097

Hello, here is my recent log and save file for a turn that CTDs.

https://www.file.io/download/qhtcjEFbAWcV

https://www.file.io/mk4UU6gADuRX

I am using the version that Belovese sent me (sship 098 beta 2021-03-29). Again, I am playing as Norway and the game CTDs during the AI turn.

Quote Originally Posted by khatmar View Post
    Hello, here is my recent log and save file for a turn that CTDs.

https://www.file.io/download/qhtcjEFbAWcV

https://www.file.io/mk4UU6gADuRX

I am using the version that Belovese sent me (sship 098 beta 2021-03-29). Again, I am playing as Norway and the game CTDs during the AI turn.
    Hey Kathmar, looks like there is a CTD upon a faction reemerging, cumans in your case. Can you confirm they have been destroyed ? The second link send me to a 404 not found, so I have only the log.

Let me try a reupload.

Here is the save file again: https://file.io/1xqB9ijuo1gK

Let me know if it works!

EDIT: I checked, the Cumans have a sprawling empire, they are not destroyed.
    Last edited by khatmar; April 08, 2021 at 04:59 AM.

This was really pissing me off so I made an account just to share, finally managed to fix it after an hour

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZeO...ew?usp=sharing

Using the prepackaged mod, playing as Serbia. Direct the army near Ragusa to attack the rebels and the game will crash while loading. After reading the log it appears that Serbia is missing a few textures for upgraded armour, causing the game to crash. I copied an older armour variation and renamed it to the missing one and that seems to have fixed the issue. I lost the log otherwise I would have uploaded it myself

Other than that, Serbia is able to construct Jousting Lists which have the do not translate note, and I often get notifications referring to me as the byzantines.

Was playing a campaign as Denmark when I was ambushed by a Norwegian army containing the only two remaining Norwegian family members.
    Captured both the king and heir and tried to ransom them. Ransom was rejected (resulting in the prisoners being killed) which caused a CTD.

I reloaded the save and redid the battle. Killed one of the family members in the battle and captured the other, but chose to Execute him instead of trying to ransom this time. This seemed to work and caused the faction to be destroyed.

Crash report from the initial CTD:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

18:08:25.007 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SSHIP098/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/dead/048.tga (from: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:08:25.007 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SSHIP098/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/dead/048.tga (from: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:08:25.008 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SSHIP098/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/dead/048.tga (from: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:08:25.008 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SSHIP098/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/dead/048.tga (from: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    18:08:25.009 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_counter> at line 8286 in mods/SSHIP098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:08:25.009 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <bergen_occupied> = 1
    18:08:25.012 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Save file:
    Note that the save file is from before the battle, but it's an easy fight since the attackers are severely outnumbered. You can also use it to try out different kill/capture/ransom/execute combinations if you think that might have something to do with it
    http://puu.sh/HwvWN.sav
    Last edited by Ensyvtre; April 08, 2021 at 11:38 AM.

Thanks a lot for the report, there is known bug (in medieval2 itself, not only SSHIP) but related to the death of both the heir and the faction leader, specially if they are the last living characters of the faction. I think this might have been it.

We are gradually implementing the counter-measures to this.

From the log, did you take Bergen right before the crash?

Quote Originally Posted by khatmar View Post
    Let me try a reupload.

Here is the save file again: https://file.io/1xqB9ijuo1gK

Let me know if it works!

EDIT: I checked, the Cumans have a sprawling empire, they are not destroyed.
    Thanks a lot, I'm not on my gaming comp right now, could you also tell me if the cumans still hold the settlement Sharkil? It looks like there may be a problem with the faction emergence script.