Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

@RodriguesSting : in the [game] section of the config file, add "auto_save = true"

@umbracatervae777 : thanks for the report, but I don't know what could have caused it. Anyone have ideas?
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Thieves and assassins guild seem to be broken. I have been actively recruiting thieves and assassins in my game as Portugal, and also seeking the highest levels of the brothel line, and I get proposals for about every guild, BUT the Assassins or Thieves.

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by RodriguesSting View Post
    Thieves and assassins guild seem to be broken. I have been actively recruiting thieves and assassins in my game as Portugal, and also seeking the highest levels of the brothel line, and I get proposals for about every guild, BUT the Assassins or Thieves.
    I second this , in 3 of my playthroughs of over 150 turns no Thieves or Assasins guild were offered .

Please help guys, just a few turns in my Norway campaign and it CTDs constantly every turn end. I can't progress my campaign any further
    15:24:35.895 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    15:25:46.381 [game.script] [always] Turn End norway
    15:25:46.387 [game.script] [always] Turn Start sicily
    15:25:54.145 [game.script] [always] Turn End sicily
    15:25:54.161 [game.script] [always] Turn Start abbasid
    15:25:58.067 [game.script] [always] Turn End abbasid
    15:25:58.069 [game.script] [always] Turn Start denmark
    15:25:59.637 [game.script] [always] Turn End denmark
    15:25:59.642 [game.script] [always] Turn Start egypt
    15:26:03.617 [game.script] [always] Turn End egypt
    15:26:03.636 [game.script] [always] Turn Start scotland
    15:26:03.774 [game.script] [always] Turn End scotland
    15:26:03.779 [game.script] [always] Turn Start cumans
    15:26:10.177 [game.script] [always] Turn End cumans
    15:26:10.178 [game.script] [always] Turn Start turks
    15:26:13.577 [game.script] [always] Turn End turks
    15:26:13.583 [game.script] [always] Turn Start france
    15:26:16.012 [game.script] [always] Turn End france
    15:26:16.013 [game.script] [always] Turn Start hre
    15:26:22.185 [game.script] [always] Turn End hre
    15:26:22.187 [game.script] [always] Turn Start england
    15:26:26.495 [game.script] [always] Turn End england
    15:26:26.499 [game.script] [always] Turn Start portugal
    15:26:27.466 [game.script] [always] Turn End portugal
    15:26:27.472 [game.script] [always] Turn Start poland
    15:26:30.229 [game.script] [always] Turn End poland
    15:26:30.230 [game.script] [always] Turn Start byzantium
    15:26:30.478 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <if>, at line 49122, in mods/ss6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    <faction> is unavailable from event <>
    when testing <FactionType> condition
    15:26:37.193 [game.script] [always] Turn End byzantium
    15:26:37.222 [game.script] [always] Turn Start moors
    15:26:39.191 [game.script] [always] Turn End moors
    15:26:39.207 [game.script] [always] Turn Start russia
    15:26:40.074 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <if>, at line 47311, in mods/ss6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    <religion> is unavailable from event <>
    when testing <FactionReligion> condition
    15:26:40.074 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <if>, at line 47319, in mods/ss6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    <religion> is unavailable from event <>
    when testing <FactionReligion> condition
    15:26:40.290 [game.script] [always] Turn End russia
    15:26:40.291 [game.script] [always] Turn Start spain
    15:26:41.864 [game.script] [always] Turn End spain
    15:26:41.868 [game.script] [always] Turn Start hungary
    15:26:43.657 [game.script] [always] Turn End hungary
    15:26:43.658 [game.script] [always] Turn Start aragon
    15:26:45.699 [game.script] [always] Turn End aragon
    15:26:45.704 [game.script] [always] Turn Start lithuania
    15:26:47.555 [game.script] [always] Turn End lithuania
    15:26:47.557 [game.script] [always] Turn Start kievan_rus
    15:26:51.917 [game.script] [always] Turn End kievan_rus
    15:26:51.919 [game.script] [always] Turn Start serbia
    15:26:52.394 [game.script] [always] Turn End serbia
    15:26:52.395 [game.script] [always] Turn Start georgia
    15:26:52.768 [game.script] [always] Turn End georgia
    15:26:52.768 [game.script] [always] Turn Start venice
    15:26:53.421 [game.script] [always] Turn End venice
    15:26:53.426 [game.script] [always] Turn Start jerusalem
    15:26:57.042 [game.script] [always] Turn End jerusalem
    15:26:57.047 [game.script] [always] Turn Start zengid
    15:26:59.070 [game.script] [always] Turn End zengid
    15:26:59.072 [game.script] [always] Turn Start rum
    15:27:03.094 [game.script] [always] Turn End rum
    15:27:03.096 [game.script] [always] Turn Start pisa
    15:27:04.228 [game.script] [always] Turn End pisa
    15:27:04.236 [game.script] [always] Turn Start papal_states
    15:27:04.741 [game.script] [always] Turn End papal_states
    15:27:04.746 [game.script] [always] Turn Start slave
    15:27:08.150 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

@Ma_neme_jeff : Do you have the latest version of the game ? (SSHIP 097 + patch G)
    Have you installed KCC 0.9.5 ?

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    @Ma_neme_jeff : Do you have the latest version of the game ? (SSHIP 097 + patch G)
    Have you installed KCC 0.9.5 ?
    Yes I have the latest version, a freshly installed SS 6.4 with the 0.9.7 version of SSHIP and of course with patch G. Though I haven't installed KCC yet, is it necessary?

What bothers me is that all of these is freshly installed yet it crashes continuously.

I have no problems with battles so far, it's just after a few turns then this happens. Therefore I cannot continue my Nordic rampage across the northsea.

Hi everyone
    I have the steam version on Win10, I downloaded the zipped mod folder of SSHIP which has everything as mentioned here, but there are no clear instructions on how to install it, I tried unzipping it into the root folder of the game and overwrite everything, then I launched the game through SS_LAUNCHER since SSHIP has no executables, the launcher asks for knigdoms.exe, I renamed medieval2.exe to kingdoms.exe and the game finally launched but when I try to select a campaign an in-game message appears saying that I should select an item, which I obviously did but it's not taking it into account.
    I did set compatibility of every exe file to Win7 and run as admin, still the same issue.
    Help please...

One last thing, Thanks for your awesome work.

Any clues on what's breaking Thieves and Assassins guild? These guilds are pretty important for me, the global law bonus and the need for less missions for Assassins and Thieves are a great economic boon, also allowing for an easier chivalric ruler.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

For info, I play:
    - With the non-STEAM version installed directly on my hard drive outside of program files
    - I am using a kingdoms.exe launcher which works without the installation CD
    - As I work KCC, my version is obviously functional with my mod. I rarely have CTDs and they don't reoccur when I relaunch the game.
    - In my version, I didn't choose "permanent arrow". This slows down the bigger battles unnecessarily.
    - I'm playing the campaign with AI tracking off and without advising it.
    - Battles without banners, without soldiers' location markers, without visible borders ... (without the flowers in the fields too)
    - Often times I slow down the combat speed to 0.8 to make my soldiers look heavier, and avoid sprinting like in the Charlie Chaplin movies !

@Ma_neme_Jeff: I advise you to install KCC 0.9.5 and replace the 2 files as indicated in points 7 and 8.
    Maybe this will fix your CTDs problems.
    Last edited by kostic; January 28, 2021 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qattos View Post
    Hi everyone
    I have the steam version on Win10, I downloaded the zipped mod folder of SSHIP which has everything as mentioned here, but there are no clear instructions on how to install it, I tried unzipping it into the root folder of the game and overwrite everything, then I launched the game through SS_LAUNCHER since SSHIP has no executables, the launcher asks for knigdoms.exe, I renamed medieval2.exe to kingdoms.exe and the game finally launched but when I try to select a campaign an in-game message appears saying that I should select an item, which I obviously did but it's not taking it into account.
    I did set compatibility of every exe file to Win7 and run as admin, still the same issue.
    Help please...

One last thing, Thanks for your awesome work.

You're welcome! just to be sure, when you said you "tried unzipping it into the root folder of the game" you mean the mods/SS6.3 folder right? Not the "Medieval 2 Total War" folder?

Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse View Post
    You're welcome! just to be sure, when you said you "tried unzipping it into the root folder of the game" you mean the mods/SS6.3 folder right? Not the "Medieval 2 Total War" folder?
    I got it to work thanks to @Kostic 's help over PM, he/she sent me a kingdoms.exe file which I pasted at the root folder of my game and my issues disappeared.
    But to answer your question, what I did is I downloaded a 5.7GB zip file from the thread I linked, which had SS 6.4 and SSHIP and KCC, check this:
    Some players find it difficult to install the SS6.4 given that the version available is with the Bugfix compilation. So solve this, here is the current (10.01.21) working version of the mod - the one I have on my hard drive (it's literally zipped mod folder, just unpack it). It includes SS6.4, SSHIP 097, KCC 095 and also the new things that will be included in the 098 version. It's a large file though, zipped 5.7 GB, upacked 12 GB.
    And unzipped it into the root folder of a fresh install of M2TW.

Ok, thanks for replying, and I'm happy it works now. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgios View Post
    Having just reported no CTD... I get a CTD!

At least this one seems to have a clear error- something to do with the Hanseatic Guild in the rebel turn.

Playing Patch G. Attachment 363498
    I seem to get the same crash around turn 26 playing abbasids on 0.97 G
    Attached Files Attached Files

I am playing Serbia recently, arrived to turn 277. The first 150 turns was a struggle to survive, no diplomats, no merchants, little money and the Byzantines and Germans ready to attack. My strategy was to ally with Byzantines and conquer Hungary. That made Germans attack me, I survived only because defending my cities I was always able to neutralize their battering ram, and exclude the cavalry from the fight, otherwise I would be dead very quickly... When the Byzantines attacked me I was just strong enough to survive and little by little conquer their cities from the sea.

It was interesting also to see the Mongols in 10 turns taking over the Turks and slowly eating Georgia already. They couldn't conquer the city and moved from one to another, but in 1250 after taking over Baghdad they spread very quickly. I had many CTD, but after reloading i was always able to continue. However, now I am having a persistent CTD, it may have something to do with the Georgian renaissance or revival. I attached the save and log files.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

@Macaras, which version are you using? I should be able to help you with the Georgian problem (it may be caused my error in coding).

Quote Originally Posted by Spfft-Ebil View Post
    I seem to get the same crash around turn 26 playing abbasids on 0.97 G
    What about re-loading? It looks like the re-emergence crash that we're hunting with @Belovese for months.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; January 29, 2021 at 08:55 AM.

I looked for what happens in the script at turn 26, nothing, but some thing happens just before: check the settlements Sigtuna and Visby, they could be under siege but maybe there was a mixup, like besieging their own faction

@Jurand, its 0.97 G and KCC 0.95, Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    @Macaras, which version are you using? I should be able to help you with the Georgian problem (it may be caused my error in coding).

What about re-loading? It looks like the re-emergence crash that we're hunting with @Belovese for months.
    After several reloads to the same turn the crash persists at the same point. I was a fool and didn't have a rolling save so I can't reload further back. If by re-emergence you refer to factions, the dead factions in my save are Portugal and Serbia and the settlement Coimbra looks ripe for a revolt.

I also took a look in-game at sigtuna and visby and things look business as usual. Neither settlement is under siege.

After several reloads to the same turn the crash persists at the same point. I was a fool and didn't have a rolling save so I can't reload further back. If by re-emergence you refer to factions, the dead factions in my save are Portugal and Serbia and the settlement Coimbra looks ripe for a revolt.
    I had some ctds before, I was checking the system.log and the name Coimbra also appeared few times right before the error line, maybe there is some problem..