Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

MatVego's Avatar Civis

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Edit your "default.cfg" to:
    [log]
    to=mods/SS6.3/system.log.txt
    level=* error
    ;level=* trace
    Run game and check in a log if anything has changed.

If in vanilla SS6.4/MED2: Kingdoms trade traffic worked?
    Last edited by MatVego; June 08, 2014 at 03:36 PM.
    "Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither."
    - Benjamin Franclin (1706-1790)
    "The best fortress which a prince can possess is the affection of his people."
    -
    Niccolò Machiavelli (1469-1527)
    "A Nation That Does Not Respect His Past, Does Not Deserve Respect Of The Present And Has No Right To The Future."
    -Józef Piłsudski (1867-1935)

I have that checked in default.cfg and always my log look like that:

22:35:25.203 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    22:35:25.203 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    22:35:25.241 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    22:35:25.296 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    22:35:25.366 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    22:35:25.463 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    22:35:25.495 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    22:35:25.504 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack

then i go back to mtw kingdoms only but still no traffic.

i update my graphics drivers but still no effect.

i will try now reinstall whole Mtw and see what's gonna happen.

MatVego's Avatar Civis

Wait, I think i know...

Edit:
    When you choose the smallest unit size (in game ->settings->game settings->unit scale) misteriously no caravans and trade ships are on the strategy map.
    When you choose normal or bigger unit size it works perfect. Caravans and ships are here!
    As a workarround, if you don't have caravans and trade ships you can change this during campaign. You just have to increase the unit size to 'normal' in the settings. The game uses still the 'small' unit size from start of campaign but now all ships and caravans are here!

If it helped?
    Last edited by MatVego; June 08, 2014 at 03:51 PM.
    -
    "A Nation That Does Not Respect His Past, Does Not Deserve Respect Of The Present And Has No Right To The Future."

yes ?

hahah. i don't even think that this could be the cause of this mess.

Thank you very much. it worked

MatVego's Avatar Civis

No problem, a small bug in M2TW
    -

one more small question xD

can i turn on Byg's Grim Reality II with SSHIP ?

There is nothing about this option in installation instruction

MatVego's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    1. Install a clean version of SS6.4. Run SS_Setup.exe (into the /SS6.3 folder). Run the SS6.4 setup and choose Early Era campaign with Savage AI, RR/RC enabled and optionally, permanent arrows.

IMPORTANT: YOU MUST RUN THE SS6.4 SETUP BEFORE INSTALLING SSHIP. ONCE SSHIP IS INSTALLED, DO NOT EVER RUN SS6.4 SETUP AGAIN OR YOU MUST RE-INSTALL SSHIP
    To turn on BGR you must run "SS_Setup.exe" and you can only choose Savage AI and optionally permanent arrows. So I think you can't do that.
    -

i'm right now before instalation of SSHIP so i have SS 6.4 only and i have to start setup and check options

"Run the SS6.4 setup and choose Early Era campaign with Savage AI, RR/RC enabled and optionally, permanent arrows."

can i check BGR II as well?

Quote Originally Posted by jefrey91 View Post
    i'm right now before instalation of SSHIP so i have SS 6.4 only and i have to start setup and check options

"Run the SS6.4 setup and choose Early Era campaign with Savage AI, RR/RC enabled and optionally, permanent arrows."

can i check BGR II as well?
    No. It will have bugs and BGR II will not run correctly for the most part. BGR is tied to the SS map and also some other changes but the different map is the biggest reason other submods are not compatible.

The silver mines in Prague are inaccessible for merchants.

ive noticed quite a few missing textures or units , but I need to figure out how to take screenshots haha.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

@ bieluxd, nice find!!! That's something I have to keep in mind.

@ Tombolicius, we're aware of the silver surfer units You can just post a list of them with the name of the concerned units, no need of screenshot. Many thanks in advance.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

jigga's Avatar Foederatus

Hi guys,

Not sure if anyone is aware but the user score on the SSHIP Setup is low and anyone using Norton will have the file blocked and tagged as suspicious/malicious. Only way around it is download and install with Norton disabled. It also took me 3 downloads before Google Chrome allowed the file as the first 2 downloads were also showing as malicious by GC... Not sure if there is anything that can be done but just an fyi.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Antivirus may react badly with the installer. No sure why. I'm about to make another way to install SSHIP, more simple and more basic
    Regarding the download speed, I don't know. I've tried myself to download the installer and it wasn't that difficult but I use Mozilla.

Edit: uploading the SSHIP v0.8.2 now. It should be ready for tomorrow and I'll post the new link in the "Download Thread". Note that it will only be a .rar file and shouldn't create any issue with antivirus.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; June 10, 2014 at 02:59 PM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Yeah I am pretty sure anything the overwrites already installed programs and doesn't have certificate will have a poor score on anti-virus programs. Almost all mods I've downloaded for MTW2 and other games share this. Just try and download from a reputable source- even though you can download more quickly from shared network I prefer compressed files for security.

MatVego's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    @ Tombolicius, we're aware of the silver surfer units You can just post a list of them with the name of the concerned units, no need of screenshot. Many thanks in advance.
    Al-Haqa Infantry
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    -

Quote Originally Posted by bieluxd View Post
    Al-Haqa Infantry

same bug here.. i have more , some unit when upgrade armor become grey.. when i remember which one il post

Quote Originally Posted by bieluxd View Post
    Al-Haqa Infantry
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tombolicius View Post
    I also noticed a peculiar non-building in Tunis which I'll post a photo of later when I'm playing.

This isn't necessarily a problem or anything, I'm just curious why glass isn't a big trade earner? Wasn't it absurdly rare and expensive back then?
    I've been looking over scritps and settlement mechanics files and not sure what would cause the population boom you mentioned earlier. If you post a save as MWY asked we might get a better idea what is going on. Ideally a save a turn or few before the boom started.

Glass prior to 1000 CE is very rare but Arab and Indian glassware vessels and some small window panes are known from the 1100s while by 1200s Venetian glass industry has started and by late 1200s there are already references to spectacles in some letters as a relatively common item in Italy.

Arabs also probably invented microscopes and spectacles or at least were the first whose records of the principles involved have survived to modern era. Probably Arabs in Spain or southern Italy left the knowledge to Italian traders and Venice established a guild for glass makers already in 1224. Florence became the center of trade for spectacles to other parts of Europe latest in early 1400s as we have already letters and records of large shipments by this point so probably the industry started much earlier as references to spectacles in Italy go back to 1200s.

The largest part of glass industry was in wares... beakers, drinking vessels, and serving vessels. Glass for alchemical stills and other medicinal uses was also common. Window glass being a large window of intricate stained tiles to a specific design or the clear panes Venice managed to manufacture was relatively late development and costly but overall glass industry was dominated by smaller glasswares common even in middle class households in 1200s. Glassblowing industry is known in Germany, Persia, India, China, Belgium, Anatolia... etc even in dark ages.

Glass window use spread unevenly and large clear glass panes are nearly a modern development but leaded window examples have been found even prior to 1000 CE in England, Syria, and Spain and the Romans had a very primitive way of setting small glass windows so probably many regions had very small glass window making capability though majority of the business was in glasswares.
    Last edited by Ichon; June 12, 2014 at 12:27 AM.

My game keeps crashing when I try to run battles. For example, whenever I try to run a custom battle (after selecting my army and clicking start), it gets to the loading screen, tries to load, and then tells me that Kingdoms has stopped working. I can get into the campaign map for SSHIP, but whenever a battle begins, it again crashes. I followed the installation instructions to a T, including the fresh install of SS6.4 - regular MII:K works, as does Vanilla SS. Any ideas?