Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

dismounted fari archers have the attribute "can_formed_charge" despite being at foot. don't know if this could lead to crashes, i haven't tested them yet

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser29 View Post
    dismounted fari archers have the attribute "can_formed_charge" despite being at foot. don't know if this could lead to crashes, i haven't tested them yet
    I just checked, Dismounted Fari Archer are indeed the only non-cavalry unit with this attribute. I didn't have any problem with them on my Abissinia (sorry, don"t remember the right spelling!) campaign though, even if I use them in more than a dozen of battles.
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

monitor_event GeneralCaptureSettlement SettlementName Szekesfehervar
    and FactionReligion catholic
    and not FactionType hungary

change_settlement_name Szekesfehervar Szekesfehervar

end_monitor

and FactionType hungary

change_settlement_name Szekesfehervar Alba_Regia

if I_EventCounter is_the_player = 1
    historic_event SETTLEMENT_NAME_CHANGE
    end_if

end_monitor
    shouldn't the first part be: change_settlement_name Szekesfehervar Alba_Regia

and the second one: change_settlement_name Szekesfehervar Szekesfehervar

i think it's the opposite now

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

I would think so, unlikely that the Hungarians would name the city Alba Regia when they can have Szekesfehervar. Or that any other good catholic would name it Szekesfehervar instead of Alba Regia.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Well spotted, thanks! In the next version will be corrected.

@Gig: 21 is Hungary, so it should work below.
    However, FactionReligion won't. Is there I_FactionReligion for if clauses, or I need to code it with a counter as well?
    I assume these would be wrong: " and I_CompareCounter not ai_ec_id = 21" and " and I_CompareCounter ai_ec_id <> 21"

Code:

if FactionReligion catholic
      		and I_CompareCounter ai_ec_id < 21

end_if	
    		end_if

if FactionReligion catholic
      		and I_CompareCounter ai_ec_id > 21

end_if	
    		end_if

if I_CompareCounter ai_ec_id = 21		
    		end_if

end_monitor
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; December 16, 2020 at 05:40 PM.

Blog Entries

Just an itty bitty change will do the trick (provided hungary is catholic)
    Code:
        if I_CompareCounter ai_ec_id < 21
            end_if
        end_if
        if I_CompareCounter ai_ec_id > 21
            end_if
        end_if
        end_if
    end_monitor
    If Hungary is not catholic then you will need two monitors:
    Code:
        and not I_CompareCounter ai_ec_id = 21
        end_if
    end_monitor

and I_CompareCounter ai_ec_id = 21
    end_monitor
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 17, 2020 at 12:39 AM.

My goal is to have one monitor for one settlement capture (so exclude the second option). It should be universal - for all factions (so exclude the first option).
    I understand that I need monitors for the religions as well.

What about these two: I assume they would be wrong: " and I_CompareCounter not ai_ec_id = 21" and " and I_CompareCounter ai_ec_id <> 21"

Blog Entries

So Hungary is not catholic? That's a pity. You do know that you can add add a religion event counter to the faction counters? Same way as the turn counter, example underneath. Simply make the faction counter your best pal when dreaming up factional IF sequences.
    Code:
        monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart FactionType [faction]
            set_event_counter [faction]_turn 1
            set_event_counter [faction religion] 1 
            set_event_counter [faction culture] 1
            set_event_counter [whatever faction attribute\condition doesn't work in if sequences] 1
            log always Turn Start [faction]
        end_monitor
        monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionType [faction]
            set_event_counter [faction]_turn 0
            set_event_counter [faction religion] 0
            set_event_counter [faction culture] 0
            set_event_counter [whatever faction attribute\condition doesn't work in if sequences] 0
            log always Turn End [faction]
        end_monitor
    And then you work it into your original script:
    Code:
        if I_EventCounter catholic > 0
            and I_CompareCounter ai_ec_id < 21
            end_if    
        end_if

if I_EventCounter catholic > 0
            and I_CompareCounter ai_ec_id > 21
            end_if    
        end_if
        end_if
    end_monitor
    --- your examples ----

The first one would need the 'not' before the condition or you have to use an exclamation mark:
    and not I_CompareCounter ai_ec_id = 21
    and I_CompareCounter ai_ec_id ! = 21

The second one needs two if sequences with otherwise identical content, the script does not support that 'or' set of tokens as you tried: 'smaller or larger'
    if I_CompareCounter ai_ec_id > 21
    if I_CompareCounter ai_ec_id < 21
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 17, 2020 at 05:59 AM.

I was playing Georgia for about 90 turns and have some observations, maybe it will help in some bug-hunting I play 0.97, last patch and Kostics costumes.

1. I played without any priests for 70 turns or more, Georgia start without a priest and then there was non available until I conquered one of the enemy's capital.. So here is a bug: I can build a priest in a capital that was conquered -Al Mawsil, it has a small orthodox church, but I cannot have a priest in my starting capital Tbilisi with orthodox abbey and theologians guild. Now after conquering Al-Mawsil (which was the Zenguid’s capital) I keep building priest, seventh turn consecutive, but only in this city. It reminds me the situation with hanseatic guild merchants, the city that was producing too many merchants (Visby) was also conquered later during the game. Maybe the problem was not just hanseatic guild? Maybe there is some limit for the counter of agents that fails after conquering the city as it somehow changes the global number of agents of a faction, if I make any sense ?

2. In the region around Georgia there are too many mercenaries available, sometimes you can build an army of 20 units in one turn, all of them mercenaries, besides the upkeep price of mercenary is not much bigger than a regular unit, imo there should be a little more difference in price and less availability ? It defeats the purpose and fun of upgrading buildings and army if you can just buy few units of Armenian Cavalry for example which is very strong and upkeep is like 750 florins..

3. There is this city AL-Basra just being there for 90 turns, without any garrison not conquered by anybody (picture below). The AI is just avoiding taking it? There is a plague in the city by the way (the whole garrison died out ?)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AlBasra.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	374.5 KB 
ID:	363220

4. The last thing is that Georgian campaign seems a little bit too easy, as the Qipchans in the north never bother me, Seljuks are separated from me with a big rebel city with strong garrison.. I can focus on Zenguids and Rum Seljuks who are also busy with Crusader State and Byzantium respectively, which leaves some of their cities an easy meal for me, practically not defended. Anyway, this is just an observation, you are probably busy already with more important tasks. I attached the save.
    Ok that's it, Thanks for your work again and good luck!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi guys, I have a problem with installation. I've downloaded SS 6.4 with single installer from Gigantus, then SSHIP patch 0.97 and 0.97f. First I installed SS 6.4 and then made the configurations on Early Era, Savage AI and Permanent Arrows. Then I launched SS 6.4 and the launch was successful. Then I extracted 0.97 to an temp folder and then copied it's contents to the SS 6.4 data folder, replacing the duplicate files, then I've done the same for 0.97f. When I try to start the game I get an unspecified error. What should I try? P.P I'm on win 10 and use steam version.

@sklvboris: try solution here.

@Macaras:I'll have a look at the priests again. There should be one in Tbilisi.
    Mercs: I'll have a look, thanks, very valuable info.
    al-Basra - no idea what might have go on there
    Georgian campaign - indeed, I think Georgia shouldn't be so safe. Perhaps bad relations with the Cumans would make a trick. I'll see.

@Gig: I'll go with this solution
    Code:
        ;======================================================================================================    ; provides event counters to use in IF sections that requre a check of faction, religion or culture
        ; provides log entries at indivual faction's turn start end turn end
    	;
    	; 097: it doubles with ai_ec_id counter (declared just above and then used in the Economy script)
    	; thus it may be got rid of if somebody bothers to be more economical with the monitors

; --- venice ---
        monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart FactionType venice
            set_event_counter faction_turn_venice 1
            set_event_counter faction_turn_catholic 1
    		set_event_counter faction_turn_southern_european 1
            log always Turn Start venice
        end_monitor
        monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionType venice
            set_event_counter faction_turn_venice 0
            set_event_counter faction_turn_catholic 0
    		set_event_counter faction_turn_southern_european 0	
            log always Turn End venice
        end_monitor
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; December 18, 2020 at 12:30 PM.

valerius karamanus's Avatar Civis

Not sure if a bug but my faction (England) is in an endless cycle of usurpation. Rulership changes between a couple family branches back and forth and I can't find a way to ensure a same branch succession. As a result managing personal loyalties are a constant pain. Can I solve this?
    Also I find it odd that every lord in the realm opposes the usurper, even his sons. Probably a crappy idea but sons should support their fathers in such situations.

I still have to review and rebuild the whole mechanism but huge problems for England are not unitended. England has a very good situation (kill Scotland and you've got a very safe back), highest quality troops, and very profitable cities, with London, Rouen, but also Ghent and Loven to be taken easily. If there're problems with loyalty - very good!

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

I appear to be stuck now with a permanent game breaking CTD after Mongol emergence, the first end-turn with the Mongols present.

This is different to the bug I mentioned a few days ago on the Rebel turn, which generally allowed me to keep playing after no more than two or three attempts. This one seems fatal, I've tried six reboots and encounter the same CTD in each place. Nothing obvious in the log, either!

Quote Originally Posted by Macaras View Post
    I've encountered some other bugs playing Norway, a persistent CTD at the end of turn. I looked through this log and there are some error info pointing to some concrete issues, bottom line: you may find this helpful.
    I also attached the save.
    I've checked it and I've manaed to move to turn 143 with CTD-endofTurn.7z

I have a persistent CTD, whenever the mongol's turn comes the game crushes. When I was playing the Byzantines or Poles before the crushes were vary rare, this time playing Norway they are actually quite frequent, and also the other small bugs like hanseatic infinite merchants and disappearing kings authority that I reported before. Right now I am stuck, cannot pass the turn, could you look at the files attached?
    With this one there's a crash indeed. Related to the siege of Merv. Discussed before and I hope to fix it for the next release.

01:20:17.150 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP097E/data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/dead/154.tga01:20:17.150 [system.io] [info] exists: found data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/dead/154.tga (from: packs/data_2.pack)
    01:20:17.173 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <destroy_buildings> at line 45445 in mods/ss6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    01:20:17.173 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <destroy_buildings> at line 45446 in mods/ss6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    01:20:17.173 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <destroy_buildings> at line 45447 in mods/ss6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    01:20:17.173 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <VV_Triumph_In_Capture> fired
    01:20:17.174 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Settlement_Capture_Brave> fired
    01:20:17.174 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0052_T_Invaded_Settlement> fired
    01:20:17.174 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_INVADED_SETTLEMENT from transgressor faction 15B7ECBC against faction 15B80B12
    01:20:17.385 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Settlement_Capture_Brave> fired
    01:20:17.386 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_INVADED_SETTLEMENT from transgressor faction 15B805D2 against faction 15B7ECBC
    01:20:17.651 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <destroy_buildings> at line 45445 in mods/ss6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    01:20:17.651 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <destroy_buildings> at line 45446 in mods/ss6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    01:20:17.651 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <destroy_buildings> at line 45447 in mods/ss6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    01:20:17.651 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Conqueror_Merv> fired
    01:20:17.651 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <VV_Triumph_In_Capture> fired
    01:20:17.651 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Settlement_Capture_Brave> fired
    01:20:17.651 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <conquest_of_Merv> fired
    01:20:17.651 [game.script.anc] [trace] Ancillary <bookmilit_artofwar> not added - chance 5, random 40
    01:20:17.652 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0052_T_Invaded_Settlement> fired
    01:20:17.652 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_INVADED_SETTLEMENT from transgressor faction 15B7ECBC against faction 15B80B12
    01:20:17.667 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Conqueror_Merv> fired
    01:20:17.671 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    1. I played without any priests for 70 turns or more, Georgia start without a priest and then there was non available until I conquered one of the enemy's capital.. So here is a bug: I can build a priest in a capital that was conquered -Al Mawsil, it has a small orthodox church, but I cannot have a priest in my starting capital Tbilisi with orthodox abbey and theologians guild. Now after conquering Al-Mawsil (which was the Zenguid’s capital) I keep building priest, seventh turn consecutive, but only in this city. It reminds me the situation with hanseatic guild merchants, the city that was producing too many merchants (Visby) was also conquered later during the game. Maybe the problem was not just hanseatic guild? Maybe there is some limit for the counter of agents that fails after conquering the city as it somehow changes the global number of agents of a faction, if I make any sense ?
    It's exactly the same problem as here. It'll be fixed in the next release.

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgios View Post
    I appear to be stuck now with a permanent game breaking CTD after Mongol emergence, the first end-turn with the Mongols present.

This is different to the bug I mentioned a few days ago on the Rebel turn, which generally allowed me to keep playing after no more than two or three attempts. This one seems fatal, I've tried six reboots and encounter the same CTD in each place. Nothing obvious in the log, either!
    Up load a save, please!

@Gigantus: this code:
    agent_limit priest 0 requires factions { russia, kievan_rus, byzantium, georgia, serbia, }
    agent_limit priest 1 requires factions { russia, kievan_rus, byzantium, georgia, serbia, } and hidden_resource capital
    agent_limit priest 1 requires factions { russia, kievan_rus, byzantium, georgia, serbia, } and event_counter strictly_religious 1
    means that in normal settlements there priest limit doesn't grow, in capitals by 1, if the counter is 1 (it's a trait of the FL) by plus 1 (so in a capital will be 2)?
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; December 18, 2020 at 07:18 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    @sklvboris: try solution here.

@Macaras:I'll have a look at the priests again. There should be one in Tbilisi.
    Mercs: I'll have a look, thanks, very valuable info.
    al-Basra - no idea what might have go on there
    Georgian campaign - indeed, I think Georgia shouldn't be so safe. Perhaps bad relations with the Cumans would make a trick. I'll see.

@Gig: I'll go with this solution
    Code:
        ;======================================================================================================    ; provides event counters to use in IF sections that requre a check of faction, religion or culture
        ; provides log entries at indivual faction's turn start end turn end
        ;
        ; 097: it doubles with ai_ec_id counter (declared just above and then used in the Economy script)
        ; thus it may be got rid of if somebody bothers to be more economical with the monitors

; --- venice ---
        monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart FactionType venice
            set_event_counter faction_turn_venice 1
            set_event_counter faction_turn_catholic 1
            set_event_counter faction_turn_southern_european 1
            log always Turn Start venice
        end_monitor
        monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionType venice
            set_event_counter faction_turn_venice 0
            set_event_counter faction_turn_catholic 0
            set_event_counter faction_turn_southern_european 0    
            log always Turn End venice
        end_monitor

That's how it's meant to be used. It will compliment your numerical faction counter system which is ideal for faction ranges. I am pretty sure you can actually merge the monitors: can you copy a section here for me to check?

------

priest limit: you have a logical flaw - the zero limit only restricts those 4 factions while every other faction has no limit at all. Remove the faction condition completely from the zero lie and you have a working solution, eg only those 4 factions will be able to recruit and only under the specified conditions.
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 18, 2020 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post

That's how it's meant to be used. It will compliment your numerical faction counter system which is ideal for faction ranges. I am pretty sure you can actually merge the monitors: can you copy a section here for me to check?

------

priest limit: you have a logical flaw - the zero limit only restricts those 4 factions while every other faction has no limit at all. Remove the faction condition completely from the zero lie and you have a working solution, eg only those 4 factions will be able to recruit and only under the specified conditions.
    Germanicus G5 Faction Economy Script is 2000 lines long, there's not point in putting it here. I don't want to meddle with this scipt - it's working, don't touch it.

Priest limit - my question was rather about the limit: if it is additive (both lines together will increase the limit by 2), or it's a cap (both lines together will increase the cap by 1)?

@Gig: I presume this way of changing settlements names is ok?
    ;------------------------------------------------------------------------------ TURKU

declare_counter current_name_Turku ; 0 - Turku, 1 - Abo
    set_counter current_name_Turku 0

monitor_event GeneralCaptureSettlement SettlementName Turku

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_catholic = 1

change_settlement_name Turku Abo

and I_CompareCounter current_name_Turku < 1
    end_if

set_counter current_name_Turku 1
    end_if

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_catholic = 0

change_settlement_name Turku Turku

and I_CompareCounter current_name_Turku > 0
    end_if

set_counter current_name_Turku 0
    end_if

end_monitor
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; December 19, 2020 at 07:32 AM.

Hi guys, great job in the mod!
    Attached my persistent CTD log with Byzantiun, year 1215.
    It happens at the end of the slave turn.
    Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries

Germanicus G5 Faction Economy Script is 2000 lines long, there's not point in putting it here. I don't want to meddle with this scipt - it's working, don't touch it.

Priest limit - my question was rather about the limit: if it is additive (both lines together will increase the limit by 2), or it's a cap (both lines together will increase the cap by 1)?

@Gig: I presume this way of changing settlements names is ok?
    faction_counter - well, if you are fine with creating an additional 62 monitors instead of using existing ones that's fine with me
    priest limit - it's a cap, not cumuilative
    settlement - it will work as intended, the 'current_name' counter should prevent the historic_event firing on consecutive settlement occupations under the same conditions

just my two cents on Georgia gameplay - one of the 'issues' is that every settlements in Transcaucasia has a mine and those are rebel settlements, iirc, hence no major problem annexing them. so once those mines are up and running you barely have to think of finance any more. maybe nerfing the amount of income those mines provide could be part of a solution to increase difficulty a notch.