Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Also there is a bug regarding the authority of the king - one turn I have 10 points, another 0 points.. I attached the save files.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Macaras View Post
    Also there is a bug regarding the authority of the king - one turn I have 10 points, another 0 points.. I attached the save files.
    Yeah, this one is known to me and I've never understood the reason for this bug...

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Thanks, Gig!
    I've included the terminate monitor, it's good indeed.
    I want the counters to be useful in the other scripts, also for the other factions. I don't want to multiply the monitors by 30. So I won't implement your advice from the point 1: the same counters for all factions.
    Point 2 - it will not fire for the AI precisely because of the criterium of being the player in point 1.
    Finally, enabling reforms for Poland playing as England is not such a big problem. It may actually add to the variety of the game. So I would leave it.

I've got another question:

The script means "Tourney Field built by the player". Which condition should I make for ""Tourney Field owned by the player"?
    My advice assumed that the monitor combo was only for one faction, multiple factions will require multiple 'first' monitors indeed, and their own counters. Otherwise one faction's building will increase the counter for all other factions - basically checking the number of globally created buildings.
    Using IF sequences here is possible with only the event counter faction check in it but it will still require faction specific counters.
    Code:
    declare_counter number_tourney_fields_built_[faction1]
    declare_counter number_tourney_fields_built_[faction2]
           .../...
    monitor_event BuildingCompleted TrueCondition
        and SettlementBuildingFinished >= tourney_fields 
        and not IsFactionAIControlled
        if I_EventCounter faction_turn_[faction1] > 0
            inc_counter number_tourney_fields_built_[faction1] 1
        end_if
        if I_EventCounter faction_turn_[faction2] > 0
            inc_counter number_tourney_fields_built_[faction2] 1
        end_if
           .../...
    end_monitor
    There are obviously further monitors involved as indicated by the second event counter in the AI check IF sequence, but without knowing what you want to achieve and details of those monitors I am not able to ascertain whether it is a logical setting - other then that a counter is to be advanced when poland is controlled by the player. That is not influenced directly by the first monitor, but if you restrict the first monitor to the player then the IF sequence in the second monitor is superfluous as that monitor will anyhow only get executed when the player increases the counter in the first monitor. (scripts can be an exciting merry go round )

Checking for buildings owned requires a settlement event with a faction check and the 'exist' condition for buildings. If you use an incremental counter here you will need to reset the counter at the faction's prefactionturnstart or the end of the slave turn. This approach is more common then yours as during the course of a game a faction may loose the settlements it has created the buildings in. Your approach allows for the possibility that the trigger may fire if the faction creates the building in their last remaining settlement whereas in the more common approach you may create more buildings then the total you use in your trigger.
    The use of either approach is dependent on what info you wish to obtain: number of buildings created or number of buildings controlled\owned.

Yeah, this one is known to me and I've never understood the reason for this bug...
    That's a system bug afaik. The only way to counter it would be a level check in the trigger (authority < 10) - which is counter productive if the trigger has multiple, other effects. To work around that you need a second trigger that test for the top level (authority = 10) and then applies the non authority effects.
    Simple on the technical side but time consuming as you need to first identify which traits (and ancillaries!) convey authority.
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 04, 2020 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    That's a system bug afaik. The only way to counter it would be a level check in the trigger (authority < 10) - which is counter productive if the trigger has multiple, other effects. To work around that you need a second trigger that test for the top level (authority = 10) and then applies the non authority effects.
    Simple on the technical side but time consuming as you need to first identify which traits (and ancillaries!) convey authority.
    Hello Gig, could you explain a bit more what you mean by "system bug? Is it that getting more than 10 point in authority reset it to 0 in some way?
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Does anyone else have problems with French and HRE cardinals becoming antipopes after turn 1? I started a campaign as Denmark and by turn 2 all their cardinals turned into antipopes. None of the other factions seem to have this problem?

Had instances of Hanseatic Guild with both limited and unlimited merchant recruitment. I noticed that the ones that are broken the most often are when I get these guilds before these events, like I did with France and Norway. Perhaps because the first trigger wasn't solved/fired, it doesn't know what to do?

Furthermore, I'd like to suggest, if possible, to either make the hanseatic guild a normal building instead of a guild that is limited by hidden regional resources, or at least give an unrelated landmark building in places where you can get it so you may more easily plan ahead what guilds you will be getting.

PS: Regarding Norway, while at it, their image points at the wrong place for their crowning. The actual place is Bergen or whatever it is called right now, which is also a castle, making it even less intuitive.
    Last edited by RodriguesSting; December 05, 2020 at 06:14 PM.

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by yangfj View Post
    Does anyone else have problems with French and HRE cardinals becoming antipopes after turn 1? I started a campaign as Denmark and by turn 2 all their cardinals turned into antipopes. None of the other factions seem to have this problem?
    Yes, its an old bug and the guy who made this script years ago is no longer active , and right now they dont have a dedicated scripter to fix this issue. It doesnt affect gameplay iirc , its mostly cosmetic.

Quote Originally Posted by RodriguesSting View Post
    Had instances of Hanseatic Guild with both limited and unlimited merchant recruitment. I noticed that the ones that are broken the most often are when I get these guilds before these events, like I did with France and Norway. Perhaps because the first trigger wasn't solved/fired, it doesn't know what to do?

Furthermore, I'd like to suggest, if possible, to either make the hanseatic guild a normal building instead of a guild that is limited by hidden regional resources, or at least give an unrelated landmark building in places where you can get it so you may more easily plan ahead what guilds you will be getting.

PS: Regarding Norway, while at it, their image points at the wrong place for their crowning. The actual place is Bergen or whatever it is called right now, which is also a castle, making it even less intuitive.
    Norway - you're right, there's a mess at the moment. Thanks for pointing at it. I think the sword in the image points at Roskilde for the Crown of Scandinavia for both NO and DK. Then in the Crown thread there's Bergen mentioned (I've just corrected it). Then in the code it's also Bergen - just corrected it for Roskilde for the next release to be in line with the map.
    In the future I'll have to re-think it as Bergen seems a more historical choice (but the pic will have to be corrected).

Hanse building to be made a normal building - I'm very much of the same opinion. When (and if) we would make a serious modification of the building structure, I'd indeed go for it. I think it's a post-SSHIP_1.0 project though.

Unlimited merchants: I cannot see any reason why it would happen. Maybe there're an error for another building that gives the unlimited number (in this case Hanse would also give unlimited, it's not bulding-specific, it's global). I'll pay attention to it.

building guild_merchants_guild{
    levels merchants_guild m_merchants_guild gm_merchants_guild
    {
    merchants_guild city requires factions { northern_european, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
    {
    capability
    {
    ...UNITS...

agent merchant 0 requires factions { northern_european, }
    agent merchant 0 requires factions { middle_eastern, }
    agent merchant 0 requires factions { eastern_european, }
    agent merchant 0 requires factions { greek, }
    agent merchant 0 requires factions { southern_european, }

agent_limit merchant 1
    trade_base_income_bonus bonus 1
    }
    material wooden
    construction 1
    cost 2000
    settlement_min city
    upgrades
    {
    m_merchants_guild
    }
    }
    @GIGANTUS: this one should not produce that unlimited number?

warehouse city requires factions { northern_european, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, } and building_present_min_level port shipwright and building_present_min_level logging_camp carpenter {
    capability
    {
    agent merchant 0 requires factions { northern_european, } and hidden_resource pisa or hidden_resource venice or hidden_resource flanders
    agent merchant 0 requires factions { middle_eastern, } and hidden_resource pisa or hidden_resource venice or hidden_resource flanders
    agent merchant 0 requires factions { eastern_european, } and hidden_resource pisa or hidden_resource venice or hidden_resource flanders
    agent merchant 0 requires factions { greek, } and hidden_resource pisa or hidden_resource venice or hidden_resource flanders
    agent merchant 0 requires factions { southern_european, } and hidden_resource pisa or hidden_resource venice or hidden_resource flanders
    agent_limit merchant 0
    agent_limit merchant 1 requires factions { southern_european, northern_european, } and hidden_resource pisa or hidden_resource venice or hidden_resource flanders

law_bonus bonus -1
    trade_base_income_bonus bonus 3
    population_growth_bonus bonus 4
    }
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Checking for buildings owned requires a settlement event with a faction check and the 'exist' condition for buildings. If you use an incremental counter here you will need to reset the counter at the faction's prefactionturnstart or the end of the slave turn. This approach is more common then yours as during the course of a game a faction may loose the settlements it has created the buildings in. Your approach allows for the possibility that the trigger may fire if the faction creates the building in their last remaining settlement whereas in the more common approach you may create more buildings then the total you use in your trigger.
    The use of either approach is dependent on what info you wish to obtain: number of buildings created or number of buildings controlled\owned.
    Yes, indeed, I'm also thinking for a set of settlement-specific scripts, so perhaps it would replace my script we're discussing.

Code:
    ; COOL-DOWN COUNTERS - add here many ifs for counters

set_event_counter students_protest_cooldown 40

monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart not IsFactionAIControlled

if I_EventCounter students_protest_cooldown < 40
    			inc_event_counter students_protest_cooldown 1
    		end_if

end_monitor

;;;;; PARIS

monitor_event SettlementTurnEnd SettlementName Paris
    		and I_EventCounter is_the_player = 1 					; only for the player

; CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS RECRUITMENT 

set_counter Paris_catholic_recruitment_enabled 0		; resets the counter each turn

if GovernorInResidence
    		and I_SettlementOwner Paris = france
    		and I_IsFactionAIControlled france		
    		and PopulationOwnReligion > 50
    		and SettlementLoyaltyLevel > loyalty_disillusioned

set_counter Paris_catholic_recruitment_enabled 1	; counter to be used in EDB
    		end_if

; UNIVERSITY STUDENTS' REVOLTS

if RandomPercent < 10									; 10% chance
    		and SettlementBuildingExists >= university				; there's a university in the city
            and not I_EventCounter thinks_of_his_people > 0			; Faction Leader hasn't trait "Thinks of his People"
            and not I_EventCounter FL_is_scholar > 0				; Faction Leader hasn't trait "Scholar"
            and I_EventCounter students_protest_cooldown > 39		; no more often than 20 years

if GovernorInResidence								; if there's a governor
    			and SettlementLoyaltyLevel < loyalty_content		; people must be unhappy
    			and PopulationOwnReligion < 70						; no religious cohesion in the city
    			and RandomPercent < 10								; at the end 1% chance (revolt every 100 years)

add_settlement_turmoil Paris 4					; + 20% unrest
    				historic_event STUDENTS_PROTEST					; info visible only to the player given the character of monitor
    			end_if

if not GovernorInResidence							; if there's NO governor
    			and SettlementLoyaltyLevel < loyalty_happy			; people may be even be content
    			and PopulationOwnReligion < 90						; there's some religious "others" in the city
    			and RandomPercent < 20								; at the end 2% chance (revolt every 50 years)

add_settlement_turmoil Paris 8					; + 40% unrest
    				historic_event STUDENTS_PROTEST
    			end_if

end_if

end_monitor
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; December 06, 2020 at 12:42 PM.

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm unfortunately continuing to encounter multiple CTDs on the Rebel turn in 0.97- this is with Patch F but no KCC. I can reboot fine and generally make it to the next turn after one or two more attempts, but it's hampering my enjoyment of the mod- I don't think I've ever made it more than five turns without a CTD

Quote Originally Posted by yangfj View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis2345 View Post
    Yes, its an old bug and the guy who made this script years ago is no longer active , and right now they dont have a dedicated scripter to fix this issue. It doesnt affect gameplay iirc , its mostly cosmetic.
    Indeed, although I may be wrong on non-impact on the crusades. Maybe the modifications VF has made actually does impact on the frequency of the crusades?
    Anyway, it's one of the areas to be worked on by the dev team in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgios View Post
    I'm unfortunately continuing to encounter multiple CTDs on the Rebel turn in 0.97- this is with Patch F but no KCC. I can reboot fine and generally make it to the next turn after one or two more attempts, but it's hampering my enjoyment of the mod- I don't think I've ever made it more than five turns without a CTD
    I'm sorry to hear it, mate, especially that you're contributor to this mod. I'd suspect there's a problem with your built or your computer, given that there're people who report playing many turns without a CTD, and definitely not so recurrently.
    Maybe you'd try download this version, that is simply my own SSHIP directory zipped and uploaded. It does include KCC and a few my more recent modifications. Some reported that it's worked for them well.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; December 06, 2020 at 11:47 AM.

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm sorry to hear it, mate, especially that you're contributor to this mod. I'd suspect there's a problem with your built or your computer, given that there're people who report playing many turns without a CTD, and definitely not so recurrently.
    Maybe you'd try download this version, that is simply my own SSHIP directory zipped and uploaded. It does include KCC and a few my more recent modifications. Some reported that it's worked for them well.
    Thanks for this! I assume it won't be save game compatible?

Just for the record, the unlimited merchant bug seems to have fixed itself at some point. I thought restarting the game would do it, but not quite. Then, some turns later... it did. No idea how or why, but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgios View Post
    Thanks for this! I assume it won't be save game compatible?
    No, I'm messing with the events in script.txt and EDB and descr_events and historic_events - this will not be save-compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by RodriguesSting View Post
    Just for the record, the unlimited merchant bug seems to have fixed itself at some point. I thought restarting the game would do it, but not quite. Then, some turns later... it did. No idea how or why, but it is what it is.
    I've looked at the EDB and I'm really unable to detect what's causing it.

Continuing my Norwegian campaign, I have just encountered a CTD after killing a FL of Denmark. I tried twice and both times - CTD.
    Maybe you will find this info useful. Here is my save and log.

Regarding Norway, and POSSIBLY Denmark as well, I found some inconsistencies on their troop tree. Keep in mind, I am giving this report based on the building browser of Lund, and the current turn is 123.

- Landevaernmenn show up at 2 on City Watch and then never again, being apparently replaced, at first, by Spear Militia, and then Urban Spear Militia.
    - Gestir show up at 1 on Archery Range and then never again.

As an aside and borderline suggestion, Veidmenn show up at 3 on Practice Range and go up to up to 5 at Marksman's. Not only they are better than generic Latin Archers, both on attack and armor, they are also very plentiful, and quick to recruit.

I may have some suggestions regarding these units, but this is not the place.

That's probably true, @RodriguesSting. This is part of the game that's been unchanged for the last 5 years. It is as it was in ver. 0.92. It's not bad but there're inconsistencies. Especially in the non-core factions. I've started to fix this part, first for Poland, then for Georgia. Look at this:

Code:
    ;====================================================================================================================================;- Georgia bowyer -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

; Mountain Archers
            recruit_pool        "georgian light archer"  1   0.13   2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and not event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1 and hidden_resource georgia or hidden_resource armenia
            recruit_pool        "georgian light archer"  1   0.17   2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1 and hidden_resource georgia or hidden_resource armenia

; Levy Crossbowmen
            recruit_pool        "Urban Crossbow Militia"    1   0.06   2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1 and not event_counter GEORGIAN4_CROSSBOW_IN_CAUCASUS 1 
            recruit_pool        "Urban Crossbow Militia"    1   0.13   2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN4_CROSSBOW_IN_CAUCASUS 1 and not event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1  
            recruit_pool        "Urban Crossbow Militia"    1   0.17   2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1
    Code:
    ;============================================================================================================================================;- Georgia practice_range -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

; Mountain Archers
            recruit_pool        "georgian light archer"  1   0.17   2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and not event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1 and hidden_resource georgia or hidden_resource armenia
            recruit_pool        "georgian light archer"  1   0.21   2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1 and hidden_resource georgia or hidden_resource armenia

; Metsikovne Archers
            recruit_pool        "georgian heavy archer"        1   0.04   2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and not event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1 and hidden_resource georgia      
            recruit_pool        "georgian heavy archer"        1   0.09   2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1 and not event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1 and hidden_resource georgia
            recruit_pool        "georgian heavy archer"        1   0.13   2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1 and hidden_resource georgia

recruit_pool        "georgian heavy archer"        1   0.06   2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1 and not event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1 and not hidden_resource georgia
            recruit_pool        "georgian heavy archer"        1   0.09   2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1 and not hidden_resource georgia

; Levy Crossbowmen
            recruit_pool        "Urban Crossbow Militia"    1   0.09   2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1 and not event_counter GEORGIAN4_CROSSBOW_IN_CAUCASUS 1 
            recruit_pool        "Urban Crossbow Militia"    1   0.17   3  1  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN4_CROSSBOW_IN_CAUCASUS 1 and not event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1  
            recruit_pool        "Urban Crossbow Militia"    1   0.21   3  1  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1 and not event_counter GEORGIAN7_LAST_UNITED_KINGDOM 1 
            recruit_pool        "Urban Crossbow Militia"    1   0.25   4  2  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN7_LAST_UNITED_KINGDOM 1
    Code:
    ;============================================================================================================================================;- Georgia archery_range -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

; Mountain Archers
            recruit_pool        "georgian light archer"        1   0.21   2  1  requires factions { georgia, } and not event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1 and hidden_resource georgia or hidden_resource armenia
            recruit_pool        "georgian light archer"        1   0.25   2  1  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1 and hidden_resource georgia or hidden_resource armenia

; Metsikovne Archers
            recruit_pool        "georgian heavy archer"        1   0.13   2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and not event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1 and hidden_resource georgia        
            recruit_pool        "georgian heavy archer"        1   0.17   2  1  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1 and not event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1 and hidden_resource georgia
            recruit_pool        "georgian heavy archer"        1   0.13   2  1  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1 and hidden_resource georgia

recruit_pool        "georgian heavy archer"        1   0.09   2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and not event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1 and not hidden_resource georgia
            recruit_pool        "georgian heavy archer"        1   0.13   2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1 and not event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1 and not hidden_resource georgia
            recruit_pool        "georgian heavy archer"        1   0.09   2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1 and not hidden_resource georgia    

; Foot Monaspa Archers    
            recruit_pool        "georgian dismounted heavy horse archers"  1   0.13   1  0  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1 and not event_counter HALF_PLATE_ARMOR 1 and hidden_resource georgia
            recruit_pool        "georgian dismounted heavy horse archers"  1   0.17   1  0  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter HALF_PLATE_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter FULL_PLATE_ARMOR 1 and hidden_resource georgia
            recruit_pool        "georgian dismounted heavy horse archers"  1   0.21   1  0  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter FULL_PLATE_ARMOR 1 and hidden_resource georgia

recruit_pool        "georgian dismounted heavy horse archers"  1   0.09   1  0  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1 and not event_counter HALF_PLATE_ARMOR 1 and not hidden_resource georgia
            recruit_pool        "georgian dismounted heavy horse archers"  1   0.13   1  0  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter HALF_PLATE_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter FULL_PLATE_ARMOR 1 and not hidden_resource georgia    
            recruit_pool        "georgian dismounted heavy horse archers"  1   0.17   1  0  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter FULL_PLATE_ARMOR 1 and not hidden_resource georgia

; Levy Crossbowmen
            recruit_pool        "Urban Crossbow Militia"    1   0.13   2  1  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1 and not event_counter GEORGIAN4_CROSSBOW_IN_CAUCASUS 1 
            recruit_pool        "Urban Crossbow Militia"    1   0.21   3  2  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN4_CROSSBOW_IN_CAUCASUS 1 and not event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1  
            recruit_pool        "Urban Crossbow Militia"    1   0.25   3  2  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1 and not event_counter GEORGIAN7_LAST_UNITED_KINGDOM 1
            recruit_pool        "Urban Crossbow Militia"    1   0.25   4  4  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN7_LAST_UNITED_KINGDOM 1
    Code:
    ;============================================================================================================================================;- Georgia marksmans_range -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

; Mountain Archers
            recruit_pool        "georgian light archer"        1   0.21   3  2  requires factions { georgia, } and not event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1 and hidden_resource georgia or hidden_resource armenia
            recruit_pool        "georgian light archer"        1   0.21   3  3  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1 and hidden_resource georgia or hidden_resource armenia

; Metsikovne Archers
            recruit_pool        "georgian heavy archer"        1   0.13   2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and not event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1 and hidden_resource georgia
            recruit_pool        "georgian heavy archer"        1   0.17   2  1  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1 and not event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1 and hidden_resource georgia
            recruit_pool        "georgian heavy archer"        1   0.13   2  1  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1 and hidden_resource georgia

recruit_pool        "georgian heavy archer"        1   0.09   2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and not event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1 and not hidden_resource georgia        
            recruit_pool        "georgian heavy archer"        1   0.13   2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1 and not event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1 and not hidden_resource georgia

; Foot Monaspa Archers
            recruit_pool        "georgian dismounted heavy horse archers"  1   0.21   2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1 and not event_counter HALF_PLATE_ARMOR 1 and hidden_resource georgia
            recruit_pool        "georgian dismounted heavy horse archers"  1   0.25   2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter HALF_PLATE_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter FULL_PLATE_ARMOR 1 and hidden_resource georgia
            recruit_pool        "georgian dismounted heavy horse archers"  1   0.34   2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter FULL_PLATE_ARMOR 1 and hidden_resource georgia

recruit_pool        "georgian dismounted heavy horse archers"  1   0.17   2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1 and not event_counter HALF_PLATE_ARMOR 1 and not hidden_resource georgia
            recruit_pool        "georgian dismounted heavy horse archers"  1   0.21   2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter HALF_PLATE_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter FULL_PLATE_ARMOR 1 and not hidden_resource georgia    
            recruit_pool        "georgian dismounted heavy horse archers"  1   0.25   2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter FULL_PLATE_ARMOR 1 and not hidden_resource georgia

; Levy Crossbowmen
            recruit_pool        "Urban Crossbow Militia"    1   0.13   3  2  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1 and not event_counter GEORGIAN4_CROSSBOW_IN_CAUCASUS 1 
            recruit_pool        "Urban Crossbow Militia"    1   0.21   4  3  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN4_CROSSBOW_IN_CAUCASUS 1 and not event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1  
            recruit_pool        "Urban Crossbow Militia"    1   0.25   4  3  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1 and not event_counter GEORGIAN7_LAST_UNITED_KINGDOM 1
            recruit_pool        "Urban Crossbow Militia"    1   0.34   4  4  requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN7_LAST_UNITED_KINGDOM 1
    Actually, Georgia can recruit from the ranges also other units - typical for other geographical areas.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; December 08, 2020 at 01:13 AM.

I've encountered some other bugs playing Norway, a persistent CTD at the end of turn. I looked through this log and there are some error info pointing to some concrete issues, bottom line: you may find this helpful. For example:

Code:
    15:25:48.227 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/ss6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt, at line 49117, column 25
    counter value not declared

15:25:48.227 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/ss6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt, at line 49120, column 26
    counter value not declared

15:25:48.515 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    15:26:00.103 [game.script] [always] Turn End norway
    Code:
    Turn Start byzantium
    15:26:13.419 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <if>, at line 49122, in mods/ss6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt: 
    <faction> is unavailable from event <>
    when testing <FactionType> condition
    15:26:14.097 [game.script] [always] Turn End byzantium
    and:

Code:
    Turn Start venice
    15:35:25.775 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <BrotherAdopted_Addictions> 
    : IsFactionLeader needs a living character.

when testing <IsFactionLeader> condition
    15:35:25.775 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <BrotherAdopted_Money> 

15:35:25.775 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <BrotherAdopted_Loyalty> 

15:35:26.054 [game.script] [always] Turn End venice
    I also attached the save.

i honestly gave up with SSHIP 0.97 i tested so many games either by leaving the mod that way or by modifying it, but i always get critical CTDs which don't let me go through the turns. even if i manage to load a savegame from a few turns earlier, i encounter those damn CTDs that don't allow me to continue my game. it's very frustrating. don't know if it's because i don't have a gaming laptop, so it's not powerful enough. but with 0.96 i didn't have all these issues, CTDs were very rare

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser29 View Post
    i honestly gave up with SSHIP 0.97 i tested so many games either by leaving the mod that way or by modifying it, but i always get critical CTDs which don't let me go through the turns. even if i manage to load a savegame from a few turns earlier, i encounter those damn CTDs that don't allow me to continue my game. it's very frustrating. don't know if it's because i don't have a gaming laptop, so it's not powerful enough. but with 0.96 i didn't have all these issues, CTDs were very rare
    Sorry to hear that Kaiser29! I know it takes much time, but have you tried reinstalling everything (even base M2TW) and using this link, wich is the SS + SSHIP download put up by jurand? It saves some time (o need to install SS) and looks stable.
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse View Post
    Sorry to hear that Kaiser29! I know it takes much time, but have you tried reinstalling everything (even base M2TW) and using this link, wich is the SS + SSHIP download put up by jurand? It saves some time (o need to install SS) and looks stable.
    yes, i tried to reinstall it a very lot of times, believe me. i'm home from work due to covid so i have plenty of time

the game runs smooth if i use the win 8 compatibility (with 7 i can't play battles ), but then i get CTDs from loading the savegame. i also tried to cancel some things (paying attention) from the campaign script, ancillaries or the character traits, but i cannot detect the problem. maybe the mod has become too heavy for some computers?