Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Ducenarius

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Now i use the latest patch and kcc altough.Im turn 60 and i might have crashed 10 times and all were random during end turns or battles or even while trasitioning from battle won to capturing the city(animation).

Another thing i think need to be toned down is papal states agression and power.they control pretty much whole italy

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew1994 View Post
    Now i use the latest patch and kcc altough.Im turn 60 and i might have crashed 10 times and all were random during end turns or battles or even while trasitioning from battle won to capturing the city(animation).

Another thing i think need to be toned down is papal states agression and power.they control pretty much whole italy
    About the pope: I'm working on the faction relations and reputation system, if you want to have a try it's here.
    For now it's only small changes but there's already a few things regarding the pope, and I plan to do more drastic changes in the future once I get more feedback.

From the changelog:
    - religions relation will now impact the player and not just the AI, and faction on the same religion will not hate each other a bit more each turn (as it was coded before)
    So I expect the pope to chill a (small) bit too.
    - catholic churches were giving less reputation (global standing) than orthidox ones or mosques
    Good reputation help faction relation, so maybe it'll help?
    - trigger Papal_StatesCrushed could never fire (condition was I_NumberOfSettlements papal_states < 1, changed to < 2).
    So that too would help him chill out a bit if he only has Rome.

As said, small changes for the moment, with bigger ones in the plan and maybe later I'll move to modding the diplomacy itself.
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

got this weird message on the Pope screen

Last edited by kaiser29; November 25, 2020 at 09:33 AM.

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser29 View Post
    got this weird message on the Pope screen

Not going to lie , i am tearing up laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis2345 View Post
    Not going to lie , i am tearing up laughing.
    Tfw modding gets intense.

Well , just got the same yesterday, while the site was down.

lmao

just for info, playing with 0.97 patch F

btw, with patch F i am experiencing A LOT of CTDs... if i can get past turn 5-6 then the game will be pretty ok, but the challenge is to get there. i really don't know what's going on, even if i reload some factions seem to crash and there's nothing i can do about it. happened with seljuqs, papal states, spain, etc. all in the first 4-5 turns

let's say 75% of the time i'm experiencing bad CTDs within the first 5 turns and i can't go past there

In my personel experience, switching to compatibility mode during "problematic turns" allows you to get through.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew1994 View Post
    Still too many. We haven't included the KCC in the 097 exactly to be able to distinguish between crashes caused by KCC and those by the base SSHIP097. It would be interesting to know experience of somebody who doesn't use KCC to find out if the crashes are happen so often.

btw, with patch F i am experiencing A LOT of CTDs... if i can get past turn 5-6 then the game will be pretty ok, but the challenge is to get there. i really don't know what's going on, even if i reload some factions seem to crash and there's nothing i can do about it. happened with seljuqs, papal states, spain, etc. all in the first 4-5 turns

let's say 75% of the time i'm experiencing bad CTDs within the first 5 turns and i can't go past there
    This is exactly my experience. Now the question is: what is the source of it?
    The reasons can be:
    - SSHIP 097F - I've made many tests for 097 and then patches up to E, and the result was very good - only the reemerging crashes, maybe 1 in 50 turns.
    - the Gigantus modddb file - this was the only true addition to F (the other was the limit on the agents, I can imagine it would cause crashes), so if F causes crashes then the problem is in the Gigantus' files
    - KCC 095 - @kostic made many things there, so if it's the source then he needs to find the bugs.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; November 25, 2020 at 10:13 PM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    @Gigantus:
    - declare / inc_ - the script will ready declare first, and only after a few goes through the script, when it comes to the slave faction, it will read the inc_. I think it's safe.
    Declaring after processing counter: I presume so - it will certainly fail in the first turn. Bit of a bummer if it's a monitor that's supposed to fire at game start or is turn sensitive, so rather avoid this situation. In a battle script it will lead to a total failure.

Increasing the wrong type of counter: it will only ever query\read (I_EventCounter) the default zero result like for any unprocessed event counter - unless somewhere else there is a monitor that increases the actual even counter with inc_event_counter and doesn't increase the regular\undeclared counter (inc_counter) of the same name which you would query\read as I_CompareCounter anyhow.
    The small difference in the 'increase' and 'set' command of event counters and regular counters provides very effective pitfalls, the above is such a case:

inc_counter - changes the value of a 'regular' counter by a set amount, counter needs to be declared
    set_counter - changes the value of a 'regular' counter to a set amount, counter needs to be declared

inc_event_counter - changes the value of a event counter by a set amount, declaring not required
    set_event_counter - changes the value of a event counter to a set amount, declaring not required

I_EventCounter - queries the value of a event counter
    I_CompareCounter- queries the value of a 'regular' counter

The above is the reason why you really, really should avoid to use the same name for both types of counters. Or drink unending cups of coffee.
    Last edited by Gigantus; November 26, 2020 at 12:43 AM.

I'm still using patch E with KCC minimod and I have a stable game with hardly any CTD ... the only thing that my pass turns are very long but maybe it's my computer ...
    on the other hand I report that I saw that the Portuguese controlled Lisbon and the name of the city still has the Muslim name, it has not changed to be called "Lisboa".
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by RodriguesSting View Post
    In my personel experience, switching to compatibility mode during "problematic turns" allows you to get through.
    hmm, i can try that. but how you do that? right click on the SS_Launcher, Properties and then? what should i select? my OS is windows 10

Blog Entries

You need to do that with the executable files: medieval2 and kingdoms, here is a small guide line.

Note: doing this with a mod's BAT file or in this case the launcher, will result in an error as for some reason the commands do not find the executable in the game's main directory.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

No crash at home with KCC + patch E.

I'm testing France, Denmark, Hre, Georgia, Norway ... soon Léon.
    Of course, with all these campaigns at the same time I haven't had a lot of laps yet.

Belovèse made a battle_models.modeldb file for KCC which I have not yet tested. This file fixes space problems and other writing problems that could possibly cause crashes.

If you have an SSHIP version 0.9.7 + patch F + KCC 0.9.5, you should replace this file to see.
    I advise to save the original in case it causes crashes.

For my part, I will test it with my current version (SSHIP0.9.7 + patch E + KCC 0.9.5)

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    You need to do that with the executable files: medieval2 and kingdoms, here is a small guide line.

Note: doing this with a mod's BAT file or in this case the launcher, will result in an error as for some reason the commands do not find the executable in the game's main directory.
    i put medieval2.exe and kingdom.exe on compatibility mode, but if i load a savegame it crashes after one second i start the game from the SS_Launcher application, maybe i'm doing something wrong?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    Belovèse made a battle_models.modeldb file for KCC which I have not yet tested.
    That's the one I put for him through the paces - here is the final version.

i put medieval2.exe and kingdom.exe on compatibility mode, but if i load a savegame it crashes after one second i start the game from the SS_Launcher application, maybe i'm doing something wrong?
    Have you changed anything in the game like running the setup since you last saved? Did you manage to load the save before changing compatibility?
    Last edited by Gigantus; November 26, 2020 at 10:26 AM.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

That's the one I put for him through the paces - here is the final version.
    Which of these 2 versions should I try ?

Gigantus version ?
    Belovèse version ?

Blog Entries

I see you found the discussion in the other thread. Get in touch with me if or when you decide to give bovi's checker a spin and have issues.

Have you changed anything in the game like running the setup since you last saved? Did you manage to load the save before changing compatibility?
    No, but restarting a campaign from scratch worked fine! Now i'm playing with 0.97 + Patch F + KCC + edited modeldb file + Windows 7 compatibility mode and... it works like a charm! no more CTDs! For the moment lol. I managed to play 20+ turns without one

Only downside are the longer turns, but i can live with that (for the moment i takes just 1-2 minutes)