Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

@Gig, it should be CharaterTurnEnd or CharaterTurnStart?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

'End' - at 'Start' he isn't leader yet, eg it would fire only in the turn after he became leader. As there could be scripting during end turn based on the existence of this unique trait it's advisable to use 'End'.

@Fynn - scotland is not the emerging faction here, see Docudemons underneath. The command however works as well if the 'emerging' faction is still present in the game, the requirement established through the FactionLeaderTrait and the NumberOfSettlements conditions makes sure that the 'target' faction is still around.
    Code:
    Identifier:        faction_emerge
    Parameters:        emerging_faction, target_faction, min_num_remain, max_order_threshold, max_order_threshold_surrounding, max_order_dropoff, min_level_threshold, fire_emerge_message, leader_script_label, leader_name, leader_age
    Description:    Evaluates the target factions settlements with a settlement level >= min_level_threshold and public order <= max_order_threshold.  If the settlement with the lowest order fails, is it turned over to the emerge_faction.  The leader_script_label and leader_name are used if a new leader is required.  min_num_remain specifies the minimum number of settlements for the target faction to keep. Surrounding regions are also evaluated against the surrounding threshold.
    Sample use:        faction_emerge barons_alliance England 1 85.0 100.0 1.2 town false edward1 Edward 30
    The command is designed to allow non slave factions to take over another faction's settlements\regions based on unrest factors.
    The script you quoted basically tells the slave faction to take over scottish settlements based on the set parameters.
    Last edited by Gigantus; November 17, 2020 at 11:11 PM.

@Gigantus Thanks for answering, I actually realized that soon after posting but couldn't edit it due to the delay, could the problem be the faction leader that spawns for the rebels at the higher number of settlements? that is what this does right? Does unused label and name even work? Haven't seen it used in other scripts before.
    unused_label1 unused_name 30

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    'End' - at 'Start' he isn't leader yet, eg it would fire only in the turn after he became leader. As there could be scripting during end turn based on the existence of this unique trait it's advisable to use 'End'.
    This works if the FL dies in battled (during your turn). What about if he dies out of old age or in the other faction's turn (attacked and killed, assassinated)?

Is there any way of reducing turn times? My game is working fine, barely any CTD's, but waiting 2-3 mins after the end of every turn is honestly breaking it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aodh Mór Ó Néill View Post
    Is there any way of reducing turn times? My game is working fine, barely any CTD's, but waiting 2-3 mins after the end of every turn is honestly breaking it for me.
    You could try to launch the game with this .bat file, just put it in the SSHIP folder (in the same place as the original SS launcher). It should take better advantage of modern processors, by using the high affinity setting following Gigantus advice
    Also not showing the computer moves, and putting them in fast movement mode by pressing space bar helps a lot. Or by adding this to you default.cfg file:
    Code:
    [game]
    campaign_map_speed_up = true
    You could also try cutting on some options, like high-def grass or shadows, effects, bloom.
    Last edited by Belovèse; November 21, 2020 at 04:27 PM.
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Hi everyone, wanted to install and play this mod for the first time but I seem to be having a bit of a problem. I installed SS 6.3 and 6.4 without any of the other fixes (as stated in the instructions) and got 6.4's early campaign to work fine. I then installed SSHIP. Now, every time I try to start SSHIP, it says "Medieval 2 has encountered an unspecified error and will now exit" even prior to the splash screen. If necessary I'll attach my log file. I have a feeling I'm missing something simple...
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

Quote Originally Posted by Drtad View Post
    Hi everyone, wanted to install and play this mod for the first time but I seem to be having a bit of a problem. I installed SS 6.3 and 6.4 without any of the other fixes (as stated in the instructions) and got 6.4's early campaign to work fine. I then installed SSHIP. Now, every time I try to start SSHIP, it says "Medieval 2 has encountered an unspecified error and will now exit" even prior to the splash screen. If necessary I'll attach my log file. I have a feeling I'm missing something simple...
    Hi Drtad,
    I think here you can find the most detailed instructions.
    Once you you've got 6.4 working, you need:
    1. overwrite data folder that get after unpacking 097 (I think you might have mixed something here. Maybe the files change their attributes somehow and they're now write-protected?)
    2. overwrite data folder with patch E
    3. it's better to be played with KCC.
    For 098 we'll merge these files together to make it one file.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    This works if the FL dies in battled (during your turn). What about if he dies out of old age or in the other faction's turn (attacked and killed, assassinated)?
    Old age death happens at START, battle death during own turn is before END - so that's not an issue. Death during an AI turn isn't optimal in this case, but that's also when the crash can happen if you stick with the old format. Don't forget - the character is already a leader in game terms, it's the giving of traits\ancillary the moment he becomes the leader that is the issue. 'Factionleader' is a trait like any other:
    Code:
    Trait Factionleader
        Characters family
        AntiTraits Factionheir

Level Faction_Leader
            Description Faction_Leader_desc
            EffectsDescription Faction_Leader_effects_desc
            Threshold  1 

Effect Command  1 
            Effect Authority  2 
            Effect PersonalSecurity  3 
    ;-----------------------------------------------
    Trigger factionleader
        WhenToTest BecomesFactionLeader

Affects Factionleader  1  Chance  100
    There simply isn't a silver bullet, just a dodging.

Hi Drtad,
    I think here you can find the most detailed instructions.
    Once you you've got 6.4 working, you need:
    1. overwrite data folder that get after unpacking 097 (I think you might have mixed something here. Maybe the files change their attributes somehow and they're now write-protected?)
    2. overwrite data folder with patch E
    3. it's better to be played with KCC.
    For 098 we'll merge these files together to make it one file.
    Hi Jurand, yeah I changed everything to be not write protected and I've installed the patch as well. Same error. Here is my log file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm sorry but the log doesn't tell anything.
    Very strange given that you're using many other mods...
    I don't remember if it's included in the install, but there's been a cleaner.bat in the SSHIP mod directory, you may run it and maybe that would help.

Hmm yeah it is quite strange! I don't see any cleaner.bat, but perhaps that would help.

Blog Entries

cleaner.bat deletes map.rwm and string.bin files to force new generation of those files - it's initially used by developers (forgetting to delete map.rwm after changing map files can really suck) and not required after release.

Looking at a comparative log sequence after shared.sd would have come battle.sd - no idea what might have caused a fatal error as I am certain you did not edit that file.

Indeed, delete .bin files in data/text.
    You seems to have the Med2 outside ProgramFiles so that's ok, I don't know what else could go wrong. Maybe another mod overwritten something that the SSHIP uses? Still, you can run SS6.4... very surprising.

the name and the description of Royal Hirdsmenn and the Hirdsmenn are inverted. if you try a campaign with norway you can notice that the general's bodyguards are called Hirdsmenn, while the ones recruitable are Royal Hirdsmenn

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser29 View Post
    the name and the description of Royal Hirdsmenn and the Hirdsmenn are inverted. if you try a campaign with norway you can notice that the general's bodyguards are called Hirdsmenn, while the ones recruitable are Royal Hirdsmenn
    Thanks, @kaiser29. Very timely, as @Belovese is poised to make some order in the units' descriptions for 098.

Thanks, @kaiser29. Very timely, as @Belovese is poised to make some order in the units' descriptions for 098.
    Yes, also i notice something similar for drenjgar and veteran drengjar units, pretty similar units... I think that unit could merge in one unit as you said in scandinavian unit roster, mercenary units and with a "old viking style" for early era.
    I like so much this scandinavian unit roster.
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...rk-amp-Norway)
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Drtad View Post
    Your error reminds me of an error that has happened to me before: I was simply wrong in not copying / overwriting the mod files in the correct folder.

Firstly, I am getting a persistent crash on the Papal States turn. The save is as follow. The message implied a log file wouldn't do much, but if requested, I will try to provide.

crash.rar

Secondly, after taking Visby as Norway, I noticed my merchant limit seems to be broken. By that crash, I had already recruited 7 I believe.

Finally, possibly due to the lack of assets, Drengjar show no physical change in their models when their armor is upgraded to leather.

097E or 097E+KCC ? Or anything else?

Merchant limit is indeed broken in 097E. This was discussed in this (or general) thread just a few days ago. And Gigantus named the problem, I've got it actually fixed in my files.

Drengjar is not my business.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; November 22, 2020 at 04:17 PM.