Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by Macaras View Post
    It happens that after a victorious battle, when I release the captives my commander gets one dread instead of one chivalry. It seems
    to be a bug ?
    I just looked at the EDCT, didn't spot mistakes. Are you on the latest patch? It's here
    If you are, can you then send me a save and give me the name of the commander, so I look into his traits?
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

I didn’t keep the save, sorry, if it happens again I will send it. I am playing Byzantines, the generals name was Ioannis Vryennios. The number of captives was just 12, so I am thinking maybe the general received some dread for other reason, and the number of captives was just not enough to give him chivalry..

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    Factions with a lot of mute units:
    Scotland, Kiev, Novgorod, Poland, Denmark, Norway, Lithuania, Qipchaq, Hungary ...
    Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Me too, identical problem with spanish version
    Totally mute factions are common with non English versions of the game. This can easily be fixed with editing of the descr_sounds_accents file by moving the relevant\mute faction to a suitable, working accent, save and then deleting the two data\sounds\events files.

Missing unit selection sounds: that's export_descr_sounds_units_voice.txt - the 'vocal Unit_Select' section. Multiple units can be assigned to one sound, see example from RotK. After editing simply delete the two data\sounds\events files.
    Code:
    vocal Unit_Select
            unit Baimayicong, xianbei_elite, korea_special
            event
                     folder data/sounds/Voice/Human/Localized/Battle_Map
                          ch_Idle_024.wav
            end

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

@Gigantus : Thank you !
    I hope that our friend JLMP (Just let me post) will continue his project on this aspect.
    Is the absence of voices for the units named above the same regardless of the version of the game? (English, French, Spanish ... etc)Or do these voices only work for the English version ?
    Last edited by kostic; November 05, 2020 at 04:04 AM.

Blog Entries

Is the absence of voices for the units named above the same regardless of the version of the game? (English, French, Spanish ... etc)Or do these voices only work for the English version ?
    Each accent has it's own section for 'vocal unit_select', changing accent as I described should enable the units accordingly as well - unless those were custom units, eg added by the mod only for a particular accent or not present in the export_descr_sounds_units_voice file in the first place.
    There is a possibility that 'special' default units (or available to only one culture\accent group) were only added in an accent that doesn't work.
    Last edited by Gigantus; November 05, 2020 at 05:37 AM.

First of all thanks for providing this mod and for the active support, really love the concept of SSHIP
    I started a playthrough as Hungary, got the first CTD after 15 turns, during the papal states turn.
    I reloaded the autosave and it crashed again, after a restart of the pc it worked again but now there is a second one, only one turn later.
    Long story short, here is the save + log, hope that helps you guys.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Rheinländer View Post
    First of all thanks for providing this mod and for the active support, really love the concept of SSHIP
    I started a playthrough as Hungary, got the first CTD after 15 turns, during the papal states turn.
    I reloaded the autosave and it crashed again, after a restart of the pc it worked again but now there is a second one, only one turn later.
    Long story short, here is the save + log, hope that helps you guys.
    Hey, thank you for your appreciation! I tried your save on my computer and could advance one turn without problem. Here is the save in case you need it.
    Oh, and you've funded a council! The priests are grateful.

I did not find anything in the log about the CTD, but thanks anyway for the report.

It seems to me that there are errors in the descr_strat.
    See these report snippets from system_log after a CTD with the Norwegian campaign:

17:39:00.841 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/KCC 0.9.5/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1438, column 1
    The character record Consigliere Domenico is set as faction heir but is not in the family tree.
    17:39:00.920 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/KCC 0.9.5/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 10069, column 1
    The character record Prince Guillaume is set as faction heir but is not in the family tree.
    17:50:18.683 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <BrotherAdopted_Addictions>
    : IsFactionLeader needs a living character.

when testing <IsFactionLeader> condition
    17:50:18.683 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <BrotherAdopted_Money>

when testing <IsFactionLeader> condition
    17:50:18.683 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <BrotherAdopted_Loyalty>
    17:50:27.855 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <if>, at line 45722, in mods/KCC 0.9.5/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    <character_record> is unavailable from event <>
    when testing <Trait> condition
    17:50:27.856 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <if>, at line 45726, in mods/KCC 0.9.5/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    17:50:27.856 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <if>, at line 45730, in mods/KCC 0.9.5/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    17:50:27.856 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <if>, at line 45734, in mods/KCC 0.9.5/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    17:50:27.856 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <if>, at line 45738, in mods/KCC 0.9.5/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    17:51:24.098 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Also had the first two errors ("character X is not in familly tree" and "IsFactionLeader needs a living character"), but it is not reproductible: on reload the errors disapear.
    EDIT: maybe we could use I_CharacterExists to resolve "IsFactionLeader needs a living character"?
    Last edited by Belovèse; November 06, 2020 at 11:35 AM.

Blog Entries

'faction heir but not in the tree' - very common error, especially when no tree as such exists, eg no relations are set up. It is forced by the game which regards the first named character as FL and the second as FH unless specified otherwise. I believe the 'teutonic tree' faction set up is prone to this message, a reason why modders usually create a dummy tree for those factions (the tree connects FL and FH by way of father\son connection but won't get displayed). Example: relationship [FL], [wife], [FH] end
    'IsFactionLeader needs a living character' - false positive, the 'BrotherAdopted' event exports the required character details.
    The two above will only appear in the initial log when the EDCT and descr_strat file get processed.

'<character_record> is unavailable from event <> when testing <Trait> condition' - would need to see that script part to determine if that is a false positive as well. Attaching the campaign_script (zip first, please) will help as the version I have might not agree with this one.

Neither of these errors are fatal.
    Last edited by Gigantus; November 06, 2020 at 11:45 AM.

Sorry, sorry ! I just realized that I had the wrong descr_strat file !!!

The first one I prepared for my KCC submod had a lot of errors on my part. I left the old file in place of the one I had just corrected.
    It's pure thoughtlessness on my part. Forget this post please ...

no problem, and thanks Gigantus for the hindsight. As said I also had there errors sometimes even with the right descr_stat, so it's good to know.

I'm on turn 50 of my Byzantine campaign. And now when I'm pressing end turn I keep having a CTD. I had CTDs before, usually after around 2 hours of playing the game, but after restarting PC the game would work for another 2 hours. But now I can't get passed it. Sometimes I get ctd on booting up the game, sometimes it would crash on loading my last save, sometimes when I click on a city or character on strategic map. But it always crashes when I end 50th turn I really like new features of this mod but I miss the stability of previous versions

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

@dfz - could you post the save, please? If it's recurrent, maybe it can be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    @dfz - could you post the save, please? If it's recurrent, maybe it can be fixed.
    Here it is! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by dfz View Post
    Here it is! Thank you!
    Did not find the source of bug, but here is the save at turn 51, it could help you go on on you game!
    Quicksave.zip

My mod KCC is about to be SSHIP 0.9.7 ready !
    My tests seem to work, the game is much improved, the balance of statistics seems good, the new music is very pleasant, but version 0.9.7 seems less stable than 0.9.6 ...

During my tests for the adaptation of my KCC mod for SSHIP 0.9.7, unfortunately, I have CTDs relatively often ...

Most when launching the game or when moving through the menu.
    Usually, relaunching the game is enough for the CTD not to happen again. It's very strange.

The most pesky CTDs have happened 3 times this afternoon, right after finishing a battle.
    One of them was a battle in a campaign with the Norwegians which was tough and long. The CTD happened right after closing the victory window.
    The other happened 2 times in a row on a small battle with just a French bodyguard unit against a rebel unit with crossbows. Same thing 2 times in a row reloading the same battle: CTD when the victory window closes.

@Giguantus : I am not sure I understood everything. So I put my descr_strat.text file in link if you see a fatal error...

Thank you very mich for your help !
    Last edited by kostic; November 07, 2020 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse View Post
    The priests are grateful.
    And so am I for the quick reply. I got another CTD, just one turn later (during the AI phase), so I'll attach a log once more - this time it should be more detail, I never did it before and after I took a closer look to the log I uploaded, I took a closer look to the first page of this thread and the linked post regarding logs
    Sorry for the "delay" of a, hopefully, useful log.

Blog Entries

@Giguantus : I am not sure I understood everything. So I put my descr_strat.text file in link if you see a fatal error...

Thank you very mich for your help !
    You're welcome.

None of the errors in post #3650 were fatal, your descr_strat confirms the heir issues in the first quote section (Domenico is actually assigned as heir but not in tree, ditto Guilllaume). The second quote section I confirmed through the EDCT and for the last section I would need the campaign_script file - but as I said: none of the errors you listed were fatal.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

My tests seem to work, the game is much improved, the balance of statistics seems good, the new music is very pleasant, but version 0.9.7 seems less stable than 0.9.6 ...

During my tests for the adaptation of my KCC mod for SSHIP 0.9.7, unfortunately, I have CTDs relatively often ...

Most when launching the game or when moving through the menu.
    Usually, relaunching the game is enough for the CTD not to happen again. It's very strange.

The most pesky CTDs have happened 3 times this afternoon, right after finishing a battle.
    One of them was a battle in a campaign with the Norwegians which was tough and long. The CTD happened right after closing the victory window.
    The other happened 2 times in a row on a small battle with just a French bodyguard unit against a rebel unit with crossbows. Same thing 2 times in a row reloading the same battle: CTD when the victory window closes.
    I have a similar experience: the game crashes while leaving it, or entering it, or sometimes between the turns. I've played battles (with no CTD at the end), but too few to tell something more reliable. No traces even in a detailed log.

My thought would be: there's something wrong not related to the usual suspects - script.txt, EDU/EDB/EDCT/etc.