Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by minizer View Post
    I found a way to circumvent the CTD. If I trade the settlements individually, i.e: I gave them Lincolon first. Then in another proposal, I asked for Angers by giving some money instead of doing a swap.
    This doesn't cause a crash. So it seems the sphere of influence script is not scripted to handle 'settlement swaps' so to say.
    Very interesting, thanks!
    The SoI script is also VineFynn's creation, I hope he'd come back at some point to make fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprian2 View Post
    I'm having a repeatable CTD at a very crucial moment in my Hungarian campaign. My faction leader is sieging Vrhbosna. During AI turn, my army is attacked and I fight a field battle against a larger Serbian force. Each time, I win a heroic victory, occupy the city, then get a CTD immediately after ransoming prisoners. I'm running SSHIP over a clean install of Stainless Steel 6.4. I've installed outside of program files, and I'm running Windows 7 compatibility mode.

I've attached the save-game and system log. Hope it's solvable.

Thanks!

EDIT: After one more try, it did not crash. Fourth time is a charm, I guess. Please disregard my post. I will leave the error log attached in case it's helpful.
    Thanks for posting! I'll have a look.
    Post some pics from your campaign in the AAR section.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; October 26, 2020 at 03:09 PM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sindathar View Post
    Secondly, I had an ongoing siege and went bankrupt, so I was notified about the mercenaries disbanding (3 Drengjar was all I had hired, as Denmark), but I also had 7 or 8 Veteran Drengjar in the army, which I had recruited in settlements, and they all disbanded too, is this intended?
    Unit disbanding (destroy_unit) is done either based on a custom attribute of a unit or just it's name - there is a possibility that in those aspects there is no difference between the mercenaries and the regular Drengjar unit.

I had an ongoing siege and went bankrupt, so I was notified about the mercenaries disbanding (3 Drengjar was all I had hired, as Denmark), but I also had 7 or 8 Veteran Drengjar in the army, which I had recruited in settlements, and they all disbanded too, is this intended? (I was trying to take revenge for a FM that died in an ambush after fighting to the end with less than 30 enemies left lol, which I probably would have won but I got the archer animation bug and couldn't rotate the camera during the battle, he got captured at the end, and I was asked for a ransom that I couldn't pay, you must imagine my face.. xd), I get it's supposed to be hard but come on
    I think it's explained in one of the first pop-out windows:
    {INFO_WARNING_MERCENARIES_BODY}\nIf your treasury runs empty, your mercenaries will abandon you! \n\nOne turn before your mercenaries disband, you will receive a warning of this. Bear in mind that some of your factional units also serve as mercenaries, and so they too will abandon you. Given that there are often unforeseen additional expenses (e.g. weddings, adoptions, coronations, etc.), it is always advisable to have a few thousands florins sitting in your treasury at the end of your turn. Running on deficit can also cause your generals to develop unfortunate traits, such as Mean with Money, and the morale of your troops will not recover if your coffers are empty!
    {INFO_WARNING_MERCENARIES_TITLE}Mercenaries Serve for Money!
    I think being not able to turn camera is sometimes related to being on a border of the battlefield.

Icon1 Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I think it's explained in one of the first pop-out windows:

I think being not able to turn camera is sometimes related to being on a border of the battlefield.
    Ah, you're right, it says that, I need to git gud then. And nope, I meant this https://youtu.be/kiWgC88jXic?t=1152 I kept it in a fixed angle so it didn't trigger that.

Thanks for your supportiveness!

Edit: I think I might have found some more:
    1. King has "trouble at home" trait which mentions his wife, but he's not married.
    2. Seems a couple of resources on the Baltic coast are unreachable (In the save, right below the ship, and the fish to the right).
    3. An unavoidable CTD at cuman faction turn.

Saves: PossibleBugs.zip
    Last edited by removeduser_28376423423; October 28, 2020 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    2. 'If' sections only work correctly with conditions that start with I_, like I_SettlementUnderSiege - basically conditions that do not need trigger requirements, eg do not depend on the export of the event.

3. The same generic message will fire about 15-20 times throughout the game (more if those settlements change hand) when a settlement is captured. Over time it's about as annoying as the 'new king' custom event.
    In this case 'I_IsFactionAIControlled' requires that a faction be listed, which means the execution will fail. Here you can use the later discussed event counter 'is_the_player' instead if you really want that annoyance factor:
    Code:
    if not I_IsFactionAIControlled [missing faction name]
    if I_EventCounter is_the_player = 1
    4. 'is_the_player' provides an event counter for use instead of 'FactionIsLocal' in IF sections - the faction counters I made provide event counter instead of the 'FactionType' entry. Example:
    Code:
    monitor_event whatever
         if I_EventCounter is_the_player = 1                  ; it's the player's turn
              and I_EventCounter faction_turn_england = 1     ; it's england's turn
              do stuff
         end_if
         if not I_EventCounter is_the_player = 1              ; it's the AI's turn (or use the corresponding AI event counter)
              and I_EventCounter faction_turn_byzantium = 1   ; it's byzantium's turn
              do stuff
         end_if
    end_monitor
    Never mind that it provides log entries to assist in bug hunting....

5. Your prince stuff is in text\event_title and event_strings, the latter can be defined for cultures (never tested if it is possible for religion and\or faction name):

--- title ---
    {suitor_available_for_princess}A Suitable Prince
    --- strings ---
    {suitor_available_for_daughter_body_eastern_european}This man could show \....
    Hi Gig,
    as usual - thanks for all advice :-)

ad. 5 when can I find event_title and event_strings used by the Staineless Steel? It seems they were not modified in this mod, and I cannot find them for the vanilla.

ad. 3 I'll limit the occurence of all such events, incl. 'new king', to only the neighbouring factions. However, if if put it like this:
    Code:
        monitor_event BecomesFactionLeader FactionType scotland        and IsFactionAIControlled
            and I_TurnNumber > 13

if I_FactionLeaderTrait scotland Factionleader > 1
                historic_event scotland_king_event  { hre, norway, denmark, england, france, }
            end_if

if I_FactionLeaderTrait scotland FactionRegent > 0
                historic_event scotland_regent_event  { hre, norway, denmark, england, france, }

end_if
        end_monitor
    I get a window with a movie not showing. It seems that if one puts something after historic_event EVENTNAME, the engine expects a movie (.bik). Do you know how do get around it?
    cheers
    JoC

Blog Entries

3. you need to unpack vanilla, those files are not even in my Bare Geomod.
    5. you require the 'factions' token before the definition of the factions (I think I omitted it in one of my examples only to edit it in some time later):
    Code:
    historic_event scotland_regent_event factions { hre, norway, denmark, england, france, }
    Last edited by Gigantus; October 28, 2020 at 01:00 PM.

1. King has "trouble at home" trait which mentions his wife, but he's not married.
    2. Seems a couple of resources on the Baltic coast are unreachable (In the save, right below the ship, and the fish to the right).
    3. An unavoidable CTD at cuman faction turn.
    ad 1.
    I've reviewed the triggers and this will be fixed:
    Code:
    ;======================================================== Living outside settlements;--------- Living outside settlements -------------------
    ;
    ; triggers for education are in the relevant section
    ; later check if triggers for Girls, Xenophilia are included elsewhere
    ; should also be reviewed after other traits reviewed and could differentiate between situations

;------------------------------------------
    Trigger Living_At_Sea_NotMarried                 
     WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition IsGeneral
    	and AtSea
    	and Trait MarriageCertificate < 1
    	and RandomPercent > 50

Affects Brave 1 Chance 4 
     Affects Drink 1 Chance 8
     Affects Insane 1 Chance 4	
     Affects PublicFaith 1 Chance 4

Trigger Living_At_Sea_Married 

Condition IsGeneral
    	and AtSea
    	and Trait MarriageCertificate > 0
    	and RandomPercent > 50

Affects Brave 1 Chance 3 
     Affects Drink 1 Chance 6
     Affects Insane 1 Chance 2	
     Affects PublicFaith 1 Chance 6
     Affects Cuckold 1 Chance 4

Trigger Living_In_Wild_NotMarried_AtHome

Condition not EndedInSettlement
    	and not AtSea
    	and not InEnemyLands
    	and RandomPercent > 50

Affects Brave 1 Chance 4
     Affects HaleAndHearty 1 Chance 4
     Affects Scout 1 Chance 4
     Affects Feck 1 Chance 4
     Affects Disciplinarian 2 Chance 50
     Affects PublicFaith 1 Chance 3

Trigger Living_In_Wild_Married_AtHome

and not AtSea
    	and not InEnemyLands
    	and RandomPercent > 50

Affects Brave 1 Chance 3
     Affects Scout 1 Chance 4
     Affects Feck 1 Chance 3

Trigger Living_In_Wild_NotMarried_Abroad

and not AtSea
    	and InEnemyLands
    	and RandomPercent > 50

Affects Brave 1 Chance 4
     Affects Scout 1 Chance 6
     Affects Feck 1 Chance 4
     Affects Pragmatic 1 Chance 4 
     Affects Stoic 1 Chance 4

Trigger Living_In_Wild_Married_Abroad

and not AtSea
    	and InEnemyLands
    	and RandomPercent > 50

Affects Brave 1 Chance 3
     Affects Scout 1 Chance 6
     Affects Feck 1 Chance 3
     Affects Stoic 1 Chance 4	

Trigger Living_In_Camp_NotMarried_AtHome

and RemainingMPPercentage > 95
    	and not AtSea
    	and not InEnemyLands
    	and RandomPercent > 50

Affects Brave 1 Chance 4
     Affects Scout 1 Chance 4
     Affects Feck 1 Chance 4
     Affects Stoic 1 Chance 4

Trigger Living_In_Camp_Married_AtHome

and not AtSea
    	and not InEnemyLands
    	and RandomPercent > 50

Affects Brave 1 Chance 3
     Affects Scout 1 Chance 4
     Affects Feck 1 Chance 3
     Affects Stoic 1 Chance 4

Trigger Living_In_Camp_NotMarried_Abroad

and not AtSea
    	and InEnemyLands
    	and RandomPercent > 50

Affects Brave 1 Chance 4
     Affects Scout 1 Chance 4
     Affects Feck 1 Chance 4
     Affects Stoic 1 Chance 4

Trigger Living_In_Camp_Married_Abroad

and not AtSea
    	and InEnemyLands
    	and RandomPercent > 50

Affects Brave 1 Chance 3
     Affects Scout 1 Chance 4
     Affects Feck 1 Chance 3
     Affects Stoic 1 Chance 4

Another interesting CTD. The crusade target settlement (Tunis) rebels during the AI's turn, and I guess the mod is not scripted to handle this possibility.

france.zip

Quote Originally Posted by minizer View Post
    Another interesting CTD. The crusade target settlement (Tunis) rebels during the AI's turn, and I guess the mod is not scripted to handle this possibility.

france.zip
    This is a different crash. It's related to the Mongols. It takes place after a scripted attack on Ashkabad
    Code:
    15:34:45.178 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <battle5> fired
    15:34:45.211 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP097_B/data/globallighting/sunrise_clear.lighting
    15:34:45.211 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/globallighting/sunrise_clear.lighting,,not found
    15:34:45.211 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/localized.pack,data/globallighting/sunrise_clear.lighting,,not found
    15:34:45.211 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/globallighting/sunrise_clear.lighting,186
    15:34:45.211 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/globallighting/sunrise_clear.lighting (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    15:34:45.223 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP097_B/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_sunrise_clear.texture
    15:34:45.223 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP097_B/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_sunrise_clear.texture
    15:34:45.223 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/globallighting/sunrise_clear.lighting,,,-186
    15:34:45.224 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0072_T_Undeclared_Attack> fired
    15:34:45.224 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_UNDECLARED_ATTACK from transgressor faction 15946C92 against faction 15948AE8
    15:34:45.530 [system.io] [trace] file open,,33442860,5239300
    15:34:45.530 [system.io] [info] open:   found temp/campaign_battle.rpy (from: D:\Gry\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    15:34:45.538 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_counter> at line 48058 in mods/SSHIP/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    15:34:45.538 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <attack_konjikala> = 2
    15:34:45.539 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <terminate_monitor> at line 48059 in mods/SSHIP/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    15:34:45.539 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Counter_Of_Battles> fired
    15:34:45.539 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <battle5> fired
    15:34:45.540 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP097_B/data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/dead/121.tga
    15:34:45.540 [system.io] [info] exists:   found data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/dead/121.tga (from: packs/data_2.pack)
    15:34:45.540 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP097_B/data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/dead/121.tga
    15:34:45.540 [system.io] [info] exists:   found data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/dead/121.tga (from: packs/data_2.pack)
    15:34:45.542 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP097_B/data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/dead/121.tga
    15:34:45.542 [system.io] [info] exists:   found data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/dead/121.tga (from: packs/data_2.pack)
    15:34:45.542 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP097_B/data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/dead/121.tga
    15:34:45.542 [system.io] [info] exists:   found data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/dead/121.tga (from: packs/data_2.pack)
    15:34:45.543 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP097_B/data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/dead/121.tga
    15:34:45.543 [system.io] [info] exists:   found data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/dead/121.tga (from: packs/data_2.pack)
    15:34:45.543 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP097_B/data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/dead/121.tga
    15:34:45.543 [system.io] [info] exists:   found data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/dead/121.tga (from: packs/data_2.pack)
    15:34:45.546 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <destroy_buildings> at line 43401 in mods/SSHIP/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    15:34:45.546 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <destroy_buildings> at line 43402 in mods/SSHIP/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    15:34:45.546 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <destroy_buildings> at line 43403 in mods/SSHIP/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    15:34:45.546 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <VV_Triumph_In_Capture> fired
    15:34:45.546 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Settlement_Capture_Brave> fired
    15:34:45.547 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0052_T_Invaded_Settlement> fired
    15:34:45.547 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_INVADED_SETTLEMENT from transgressor faction 15946C92 against faction 15948AE8
    15:34:45.803 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    I've replicated this error in another build. I can see that at the end of the previous turn there're 3 Mongol armies sieging Konjikala. I think the first army achieved in taking the city, then the second army was sieging it's own army - and this caused the crash.

In the code the scripted siege is conducted by 2 armies. I'd expect that this wouldn't cause a crash. However, the 3rd army that came as an addition, it might have caused it.
    Code:
        monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType mongols        and IsFactionAIControlled
            and I_CharacterExists mongols4chindu
            and I_CharacterExists mongols4nayuk

if I_SettlementOwner Konjikala = mongols
                terminate_monitor
            end_if

if I_SettlementUnderSiege Konjikala
                if I_CompareCounter attack_konjikala = 1
                    siege_settlement mongols4chindu, Konjikala, attack
                    set_counter attack_konjikala 2
                    terminate_monitor
                end_if
            end_if

if I_CompareCounter attack_konjikala = 1
                terminate_monitor
            end_if

if not I_SettlementUnderSiege Konjikala
                if I_CompareCounter attack_konjikala = 0
                    siege_settlement mongols4chindu, Konjikala, maintain
                    siege_settlement mongols4nayuk, Konjikala, maintain
                    set_counter attack_konjikala 1
                end_if
            end_if

end_monitor
    If you've got a save from a few turns before, it might work to go past the crash (it that 3rd army wouldn't joint the siege).
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; October 30, 2020 at 10:45 AM.

I'm currently playing as al-Fāṭimīyūn and governor in Qūs doesn't acquire provincial title after first turn. I don't know if it's bug or not.

Blog Entries

Adding the second army to the 'attack' IF sequence could possibly solve the issue. Alternatively spawning the second army a turn later next to the settlement should work as well.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but it seems odd that Dyrrachion has the option to get Hanseatic League Quarters, also making it possible to recruit Baltic crossbowmen. Shouldn't this be limited to cities on the Baltic?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

I downloaded the 3 files:
    - SSHIP 0.9.7
    - Patch B
    - sound Fix

Can I use a clean SSHIP 0.9.6 version and overwrite this with the files or is it better to do it on a clean SS6.4 version ?
    Last edited by kostic; November 01, 2020 at 12:24 PM.

Hi Cyprian2!
    thanks for spotting the bugs, very useful.

I've actually noticed the guild problem before and I've work on the solution - it will be included in the patch D using the method described here.

Al-Qus - it's the second PT besides al-Wasit that needs to be fixed, thanks for pointing it out.

Had a CTD on SSHIP097 with patch D. First turn end with egypt, CTD on Georgia turn. Spotted a few things in the log:

Code:
    14:12:34.677 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 9316, column 114
    unit(Mangonel) does not match up to the ownership for faction(lithuania)
    14:12:34.677 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 9375, column 114
    unit(Mangonel) does not match up to the ownership for faction(lithuania)
    14:12:35.833 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line         , column 8
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Intelligent) level(SmartMinimum).
    14:12:35.833 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 3297, column 8
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Intelligent) level(Smart6Maxiumum).
    14:14:19.133 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1438, column 1
    The character record Consigliere Domenico is set as faction heir but is not in the family tree.
    14:14:19.209 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 10069, column 1
    The character record Prince Guillaume is set as faction heir but is not in the family tree.
    14:14:19.310 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt, at line 47422, column 12
    Condition parser doesn't recognise this token: I_FactionIsLocal
    14:14:19.310 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt, at line 47473, column 12
    Condition parser doesn't recognise this token: I_FactionIsLocal
    Don't know about Lithuania and Mangonels, I know that traits levels are being worked on, but I corrected I_FactionIsLocal to simply FactionIsLocal

Here is the full log, save and campaing script with I_FactionIsLocal corrected
    Last edited by Belovèse; November 01, 2020 at 07:56 AM. Reason: added save to link
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

I imagine you've had tough luck with Egypt for I have made further without any crash.

Both errors are corrected. Patch D is here.

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    - SSHIP 0.9.7
    - Patch B
    - sound Fix
    Can I use a clean SSHIP 0.9.6 version and overwrite this with the files or is it better to do it on a clean SS6.4 version ?
    I think you may use 096 without any problem. I doubt there're leftovers of something.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; November 01, 2020 at 12:25 PM.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

- SSHIP 0.9.7
    - Patch B
    - sound Fix

Well. I see that even before I start installing the new version, 2 corrective patches have been added.
    So I download patch D which I put in place of patch B ?

Overwriting should work. Also patch D - just overwrite.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Overwriting should work. Also patch D - just overwrite.
    My bad: thought I had patch D when it was in fact patch C.
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Little "bugs" or issue, dont exist in sship 0.9.7 PT for Valladolid city, also for Granada dont have a correct pic (current pic is the national emblem for Spain) I think this will be solved by finishing the PT that still have to be added to the game, you know Jurand that you can count on my help for the historical issue or information on these Iberian titles and their effects.

Also Portuguese initial army have Basque Archers, they are not historical, ugly vainilla models and also Portuguese with basque units??? this unit should be removed(one more free slot), basque were not longbowmen archers, but i supose that this will improve in future versions.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW