Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse View Post
    Thanks for the report!

A few things comes to my mind:
    - Just to be sure, did you run ss_setup a first time before installing SSHIP? It is needed to complete SS instalation, but if you launch it after installing SSHIP it will mess the process.
    - Also, did you select early era in the ss_setup?
    - You also should put SS launcher in windows 7 compatibility mode, and with administrator rights.
    - having the steam library in another disc or partition and closer to the root folder (like D:/SteamLibrary) helps: Medieval 2 is an old game and does not like huge files path...

Another thing: a crash the first time you launch a campaign is to be expected, the games need to regenerate some files (if I recall correctly) and it will crash, the second time will be fine.
    Lastly, a new 097 version will soon come out, it might be worth to wait a few days if you go for a full re-installation
    I was correct in my assumption that it was something stupid on my end. My method of extracting directly into the folder was apparently failing for whatever reason (All of the missing data in the log should have probably clued me into that). Extracted into a neutral folder and then copied the data in, everything went fine.

Thank you kindly for your response however.

Thanks for the feedback. It is normal to see a lot of missing stuff though, mostly portraits for a lot of the cultures that the game will drawn from the originals .pack if the mod does not provide a replacement.
    And I feel like extracting (and replacing the files when prompted) should be fine, but anyway it's nice to hear it's working fo ryou!
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Hi,
    i'm not sure my problem is related to sship mod but i'm getting battle crashes after 50-60 turns, normally i didn't take these errors on vanilla game
    before battle in the loading screen i'm getting classic m2tw crash error or fatal graphic error. Also sometimes (especially huge battles) some units are invisible.
    I tried these but didn't help
    -lowered graphics and resolution
    -compability options ( i tried just w8 and run admin options)

i dont know does it help but my pc specs;
    xfx fatbot rx590
    amd ryzen 5 1600 12nm
    16GB 3000mhz ram
    240GB Toshiba SSD (Game is in SSD)

please help, i loved this mod this is my first mod (i downloaded with suggestion of my friend)
    also sorry my bad english :/

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

What faction are you playing?
    Can you post your log with your config file updated with the following lines:
    Code:
    [log] 
    to = logs/system.log.txt  
    level=*script* trace
    It is named default.cfg and is in your data folder. You need Notepad or Wordpad to edit it. I recommend Notepad++.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

i was playing seljuk rum
    i was besieging antioch city with huge army 4 thousand army from me, 4 thousand alliance army and 2 thousand crusader army which they were defending. In the battle crusaders army was invisible,
    in the before loading battle screen game crashed 5 times just this antioch war ( 3 of them were fatal graphic error and 2 of them classic m2tw crash). After these error i success the open battle map (after 5 crash) then like i said crusader army vas invisible,
    i really want to send log but this crash problem was annoying and i thought maybe my save is corrupted so i started new campaign. So i guess i cannot share my logs if it happens again

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Zynorax View Post
    i was playing seljuk rum
    i was besieging antioch city with huge army 4 thousand army from me, 4 thousand alliance army and 2 thousand crusader army which they were defending. In the battle crusaders army was invisible,
    in the before loading battle screen game crashed 5 times just this antioch war ( 3 of them were fatal graphic error and 2 of them classic m2tw crash). After these error i success the open battle map (after 5 crash) then like i said crusader army vas invisible,
    i really want to send log but this crash problem was annoying and i thought maybe my save is corrupted so i started new campaign. So i guess i cannot share my logs if it happens again
    Never heard of an invisible army lol , i guess it was unfortunate.

However, a piece of truth from me ; Huge Army Sizes will considerably increase CTD's , apparently the game engine gets really unstable in a huge battle , 4k battles are over it's limit id say. I have tested this numerous times, and HUGE units sizes always crashed at least 2x times more often either at the start or end of battle , sometimes even on speed-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis2345 View Post
    Never heard of an invisible army lol , i guess it was unfortunate.

However, a piece of truth from me ; Huge Army Sizes will considerably increase CTD's , apparently the game engine gets really unstable in a huge battle , 4k battles are over it's limit id say. I have tested this numerous times, and HUGE units sizes always crashed at least 2x times more often either at the start or end of battle , sometimes even on speed-up.
    yea i thought like you so i started new campaign with normal size army, game didn't crash for now (35 turn), if crash happens again i will share my logs,
    also i want to ask another question, i researched about turn times but i couldn't find correct or effective information about it, in vanilla game turn times likes 3-4 sec but in the sship turn times are like 1-2 min, is it normal ? another question is, in the world map when my spy is moving on the map, i'm getting fps drop. My pc specs is very enough for this game but i really don't understand these fps drops

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

yea i thought like you so i started new campaign with normal size army, game didn't crash for now (35 turn), if crash happens again i will share my logs,
    also i want to ask another question, i researched about turn times but i couldn't find correct or effective information about it, in vanilla game turn times likes 3-4 sec but in the sship turn times are like 1-2 min, is it normal ? another question is, in the world map when my spy is moving on the map, i'm getting fps drop. My pc specs is very enough for this game but i really don't understand these fps drops
    Turn times are influenced by the mod's script , so yeah , if you get 30-60 even 90 at beggining is ok , means the script is working. It would be bad if you wouldnt have long turn times, it would mean the script is not working.

As for the spy moving on the map , i have that too from time to time, my explination would be that the game is simply O L D . Like , really old , is on 32bit but can only use up to 2gb RAM iirc , so a powerful machine would do little against a game that was coded for whatever hardware was at that time.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

On my comp the turns last 30 seconds.
    You probably know that pressing a space bar switches moves of the characters on the map between fast and slow mode.
    Maybe you'd find something useful for you here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    On my comp the turns last 30 seconds.
    You probably know that pressing a space bar switches moves of the characters on the map between fast and slow mode.
    Maybe you'd find something useful for you here.
    first of all thanks for the link, i'm gonna try all of these but how these turn difference can possible i really dont understand. I calculated my turn time today 1.30-1.50 min average.

Hi again,
    I'm not sure but i found a some script errorslog.txt which is in logs, i got just 1 CTD in my new campaign (88 Turn) but my turn times are very slow so maybe these script errors are causing running time problem.

At turn 5, I toggled fow, to see whats going on with the Abbasids. And I saw an Abbasid army besieging an Abbasid city!!!???(their own city, not rebels). It was at Al Basra, how did it come to this I don't know, but I bet its got to do with the turn 5 ctd. Thats with 097 september version. Is there a console command to delete the besieging army just to test things out?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Waluk View Post
    At turn 5, I toggled fow, to see whats going on with the Abbasids. And I saw an Abbasid army besieging an Abbasid city!!!???(their own city, not rebels). It was at Al Basra, how did it come to this I don't know, but I bet its got to do with the turn 5 ctd. Thats with 097 september version. Is there a console command to delete the besieging army just to test things out?
    If you could just send a screen, I'd be helpful.

Actually, there seems to be a deeper problem, the crashes happen not only at the Abbasid turn 5.

@Zynorax: iirc, you're using 096 with fixes, right?
    The script errors you've sent have been fixed some time ago, and they were not deadly.

Hi my game CTD all the time. now at greeks, at turn change.

log:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    16:36:43.356 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE216:36:43.357 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    16:36:43.359 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    16:36:43.360 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    16:36:43.360 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    16:36:43.360 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    16:36:43.360 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    16:36:43.360 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    16:36:46.892 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 3171, column 8
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Intelligent) level(Intelligent_Min_Technical_Level).
    16:36:46.892 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 3230, column 8
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Intelligent) level(Intelligent_Max_Technical_Level).
    16:36:46.892 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 3246, column 8
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Ignorance) level(Ignorant).
    16:36:46.892 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 3251, column 8
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Ignorance) level(Sadly_Ignorant).
    16:36:46.892 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 3256, column 8
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Ignorance) level(Blissfully_Ignorant).
    16:36:46.893 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 5287, column 8
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Upright) level(Utterly_Immaculate_NGB).
    16:36:46.893 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 6280, column 8
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Visit_Medina) level(Visit_Medina).
    16:36:46.893 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 6947, column 8
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Western_Edu) level(Basic_Western_Ed).
    16:36:46.893 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 6957, column 16
    Could'n find description string for trait(Western_Edu) level(Standard_Western_Ed_desc).
    16:36:46.893 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 6998, column 8
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Eastern_Edu) level(Basic_Eastern_Ed).
    16:36:46.893 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 7050, column 8
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Greek_Edu) level(Basic_Greek_Ed).
    16:36:46.896 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 12342, column 8
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(AgentHealth) level(AgentIll_Max_TechnicalLevel).
    16:36:46.940 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 42663, column 16
    Condition parser doesn't recognise this token: trait
    16:36:46.940 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 42665, column 22
    attribute type not recognised
    16:36:46.940 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 42679, column 16
    Condition parser doesn't recognise this token: trait
    16:36:46.940 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 42681, column 22
    attribute type not recognised
    16:37:54.718 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1135, column 1
    The character record Consigliere Domenico is set as faction heir but is not in the family tree.
    16:37:54.781 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 9734, column 1
    The character record Prince Guillaume is set as faction heir but is not in the family tree.
    16:38:39.611 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    16:44:16.848 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SBE_ballista_towers>
    : <settlement> is unavailable from event <CharacterComesOfAge>
    when testing <SettlementBuildingExists> condition
    16:44:16.848 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SBE_military_academy>
    16:44:16.848 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SBE_royal_arsenal>
    16:44:16.848 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SBE_cannon_towers>
    16:44:16.848 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SBE_Templar_MajorCH>
    16:44:16.848 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SBE_Hospitaller_MajorCH>
    16:44:16.848 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SBE_Montesa_MajorCH>
    16:44:16.848 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SBE_Teutonic_Knights_MajorCH>
    16:44:16.848 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SBE_Santiago_MajorCH>
    16:51:49.617 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SBE_ballista_towers>
    16:51:49.617 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SBE_military_academy>
    16:51:49.617 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SBE_royal_arsenal>
    16:51:49.617 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SBE_cannon_towers>
    16:51:49.618 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SBE_Templar_MajorCH>
    16:51:49.618 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SBE_Hospitaller_MajorCH>
    16:51:49.618 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SBE_Montesa_MajorCH>
    16:51:49.618 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SBE_Teutonic_Knights_MajorCH>
    16:51:49.618 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SBE_Santiago_MajorCH>
    16:51:49.634 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SBE_ballista_towers>
    16:51:49.634 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SBE_military_academy>
    16:51:49.634 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SBE_royal_arsenal>
    16:51:49.634 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SBE_cannon_towers>
    16:51:49.634 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SBE_Templar_MajorCH>
    16:51:49.634 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SBE_Hospitaller_MajorCH>
    16:51:49.635 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SBE_Montesa_MajorCH>
    16:51:49.635 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SBE_Teutonic_Knights_MajorCH>
    16:51:49.635 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SBE_Santiago_MajorCH>
    16:51:49.639 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SBE_ballista_towers>
    16:51:49.639 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SBE_military_academy>
    16:51:49.639 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SBE_royal_arsenal>
    16:51:49.639 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SBE_cannon_towers>
    16:51:49.639 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SBE_Templar_MajorCH>
    16:51:49.639 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SBE_Hospitaller_MajorCH>
    16:51:49.639 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SBE_Montesa_MajorCH>
    16:51:49.639 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SBE_Teutonic_Knights_MajorCH>
    16:51:49.639 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <CoA_SBE_Santiago_MajorCH>

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Waluk View Post
    That sure looks weird - I am guessing a scripted siege? Or the settlement revolted to the Abbasids while it was under siege - but that 'should' have lifted the siege.

@Team - search for 'siege_settlement' in the script to see if it is a siege indeed.
    Last edited by Gigantus; October 02, 2020 at 09:52 PM.

Ok sship team, taking a quick look at the new version, I tell you a series of suggestions and issues / bugs:

-the coat of arms for Aragón faction in the campaign map (when you press next turn and appear all factions turn in the up of the screen) should have 4 bars.(image)

-the picture/icon for the unit of "Jinetes" dont appear in custom battle for all factions except for castilians,portugal and aragonese( when you choose the units for battle).

-the picture/icon for "persian spearmen" dont appear in the campaign map ( for selyuks in their mercenary barracks). Also i dont see this unit in custom battles.

-Castilians, Aragonese and portuguese factions have almughavars troops at the beginning of the campaign( initial armies), its true that the first Christian references we have of them are from the 11th-12th century but these units should belong to Aragon and to a lesser extent to Castile. Also as mercenaries in the eastern part of Spain (Zaragoza, Valencia, Barcelona, Burgos), at the beginning of the campaign and later spread throughout Iberia.
    The Portuguese and Castilians should not have these troops at the beginning of the campaign, they should only acquire them as mercenaries in those lands at the beginning of the game. https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almog%...aron%20en%20la

-In my Spanish version of the game I do not have access to the voices of any agent, general, (campaign strat models) or whatever for poland, hungary, russians, lithuanians, norwegians, danish, scottish, georgians and serbians.
    It is strange that for the Cuman figures I can hear them but in English, the rest of the factions if I listen to them in Spanish (medieval 2 original)
    Maybe I should have an English version to hear all the factions?

-Suggestion for Moorish troops, only berber archers and berber ligh cavalry have the attribute "combat bonus in deserts" the rest of berber troops and african troops dont have I think that all Berber and African troops should have this attribute because they are used to that desert climate not only 2 troops.
    Also we can recruit as mercenaries camel raiders in north of Africa but in Marraquesh region NO, why? i think that also exist camels in this region.

-As for the Egyptians, they can only recruit in their cities spearmen (shurtah and andhat units) but no archer / crossbow unit in their barracks like the rest of the Muslim factions.
    I think you could add the andhat archers unit to your city barracks.

-At the beginning of the game all the imams of the Muslim factions have at most 4 points of mercy, this makes it difficult for us to call a jihad until well after a few turns in the gameplay.
    Could we have a great Iman from the beginning of the game? for example for the Abbasids since they were the ones who formally had the title of Caliph and "leader for the Muslim religion", it would be something similar to the Pope or ecumenical patriarch of Constantinople.

As I play more I will continue to report game issues/suggestions/bugs, otherwise this new version is great!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    -In my Spanish version of the game I do not have access to the voices of any agent, general, (campaign strat models) or whatever for poland, hungary, russians, lithuanians, norwegians, danish, scottish, georgians and serbians.
    It is strange that for the Cuman figures I can hear them but in English, the rest of the factions if I listen to them in Spanish (medieval 2 original)
    Maybe I should have an English version to hear all the factions?
    Huge thanks for the report, Imma just link the nonenglish soundfix: Here is proper one: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ymtwqq...ndfix.zip/file

No need to delete anything this time, just overwrite

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

So, I tried everything, including downloading again, extracting again etc. but whatever I do I get a CTD every time I try and start it... please help anyone?
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

Quote Originally Posted by Just let me post View Post
    Huge thanks for the report, Imma just link the nonenglish soundfix: Here is proper one: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ymtwqq...ndfix.zip/file

No need to delete anything this time, just overwrite
    ok thanks !!! Now is fixed, the only that now continue without speak nothing are scottish faction... but the rest OK ( Cumans say sometimes Alah muslim xD)
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW