Page 170 of 173 FirstFirst ... 70120145160161162163164165166167168169170171172173 LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,400 of 3451

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

I have no clue about these issues.

hey, got some questions/possible bugs

1- rebels sallying out with few troops thinking their relief army is at range to support them, while it is not, so they end up facing my army at 1:10 ratio. Never happened to me before (I'm using Sillygoy's unit stats mod)

2- Roy Louis, which has terrible authority (1-2) the 11 first turns suddenly got 10 authority. He is still uncrowned. I have conquered some territory so it might be that? I didnt get any new trait/message that would tell why such a change tho !
    Or maybe this is because he is back in the capital city?

3- A general that has only been winning battles has the "slave to fear" trait ? is it because I sometimes initiate battle and then cancel it ?

4- as france, turn 20, I cant build a port in toulouse (which is a castle) even tho the building browser suggests I should be able to

5- About overall reputation, I have become untrustworthy by turn 20ish. Didnt break any alliance, didnt tresspass. I occupied 4-5 cities and sacked 2-3 cities (only rebels). Seems normal ?

Quote Originally Posted by lequintal69 View Post
    hey, got some questions/possible bugs

1- rebels sallying out with few troops thinking their relief army is at range to support them, while it is not, so they end up facing my army at 1:10 ratio. Never happened to me before (I'm using Sillygoy's unit stats mod)

2- Roy Louis, which has terrible authority (1-2) the 11 first turns suddenly got 10 authority. He is still uncrowned. I have conquered some territory so it might be that? I didnt get any new trait/message that would tell why such a change tho !
    Or maybe this is because he is back in the capital city?

3- A general that has only been winning battles has the "slave to fear" trait ? is it because I sometimes initiate battle and then cancel it ?

4- as france, turn 20, I cant build a port in toulouse (which is a castle) even tho the building browser suggests I should be able to

5- About overall reputation, I have become untrustworthy by turn 20ish. Didnt break any alliance, didnt tresspass. I occupied 4-5 cities and sacked 2-3 cities (only rebels). Seems normal ?
    Hello.

1. Sometimes the AI does that, i suppose he treats the modded units as something weaker or the AI just decides its best to attack. I find no problem in this , rebels are usually weak.
    2. JoC best answer with the Authority gain , i noticed that too , even in reverse, a 8 authority general comes to 2 authority in 2 turns , idk why.
    3. Yes, if you attack then withdraw , high chances of getting coward trait. Doing so multiple times will turn into worse traits.
    4.In order to build a Port iirc you need to build carpenter or stonemason hut first.
    5. Reputation needs to be reworked, it is true that even what you do , as long as you attack and conquer cities, you will get lower reputation (because your faction gets bigger so the other factions get weary of you becoming strong). Sacking and Exterminating lowers relations with the pope as well if you do it with catholics.

In addition to Nemesis:
    ad. 2 - this is a bug, no idea why happens.
    ad. 3 - you seem not to read the window pop-out information - it is clearly described ;-) (I assume you're playing the test 097)
    ad. 4 - if you hover over unbuilt building, it will tell you what Nemesis hinted at.

ty for the answers !

Some remarks

1- Yeah, its no big deal, I was wondering because the army power ratio wasnt at all in their favor (which is sometimes the case with submods tweaking unit stats)

2 - I will continue and see if it keeps fluctuating like that in a weird manner

3- Is it really an appropriate trigger then? It's not like when you go into battle and then retreat. In this case, it's just clicking on the ennemy army for the sake of doing it. Sometimes, you just dont attack right away because you feel like doing another battle before, or you forgot to save.
    I find it a bit harsh and unfair of a trait imho. (giving it to those joining battle, then instantly retreating would be justified tho)

4 - I have both building built up. Weird
    I'm using 0.96. I didnt know there was a 0.97 available :p

5- Yeah I totally understand you need mechanics to prevent you from snowballing. But maybe we could have ways of regaining reputation through other ways ? (right now, its just liberating prisoners or helping your ally that gives you that? or does it?)

when i install this submod and start the game it instantly turns off at the loading screen SS 6.4 itself works the way i install the submod is just dragging the data folder in SS 6.4 folder and i replace the original data folder
    how do i fix it

there are no files in /logs

Gigantus's Avatar I am thinking more about running away now then I did as a kid, but by the time I put my teeth in, my glasses on and find my car keys I forget why I am going.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Modding Emeritus

Blog Entries

If you used the new installation for Stainless Steel then the log is in the root folder of the game (Medieval II Total War\system.log.txt) and it's in trace mode (detailed, huge size, should be compressed before submitting)

Sorry about that, SSHIP guys - the dedicated log folder occasionally does not generate logs, hence back to the original.

Lifthrasir's Avatar A Clockwork Orange
    Patrician Artifex Moderation Mentor Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

@ Gigantus, with that "new" version of SS, is it possible for the player to choose to install Melooo Fix Patch or not?
    If the player has the choice, then it is not requiered to install Melooo patch to play SSHIP.
    On contrary, if the player doesn't the choice, I won't recommend to use that version of SS to play SSHIP.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader

- Results published

Gigantus's Avatar I am thinking more about running away now then I did as a kid, but by the time I put my teeth in, my glasses on and find my car keys I forget why I am going.

Blog Entries

I am afraid the Meloo Fix is an integral part of the installation. Doesn't the SSHIP installation replace\overwrite most of the files edited by Meloo anyhow? A large number are TGA and unit model files. See the attached file list of the individual Meloo Fix Installer.

TGA files = 238
    TEXTURE files = 45
    MESH files = 20
    TXT files = 135
    Others (XML, LNT, CAS etc) = 89

above files in data\campaign folders = 168 (only accessible via set up launcher, eg campaign settings)

Meloo File List.txt

Could you tell me what your concerns are?
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 02, 2020 at 02:33 AM.

Blog Entries

Fixes in SSHIP were made before Melooo did the one for SS.
    The AI turn duration is by far longer in SS+Melooo Fix than in SSHIP as far as I remember.
    SSHIP has not been fully tested on top of SS+Melooo Fix.

I did a few turns a few years ago with all (SS+Melooo Fix + SSHIP). Campaign seemed fine but I had ctd's when going for battles. I didn't push further tbh as the fix wasn't requiered to play SSHIP.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader

- Results published

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Fixes in SSHIP were made before Melooo did the one for SS.
    That shouldn't then be an issue as the SSHIP installation will overwrite the SS fixes
    The AI turn duration is by far longer in SS+Melooo Fix than in SSHIP as far as I remember.
    No idea about that - but that is solely an issue of the campaign script, eg number of monitors and especially monitor_condition ones. Which makes it curious because surely SSHIP has it's own campaign_script that will overwrite the SS one?
    SSHIP has not been fully tested on top of SS+Melooo Fix.

I did a few turns a few years ago with all (SS+Melooo Fix + SSHIP). Campaign seemed fine but I had ctd's when going for battles. I didn't push further tbh as the fix wasn't requiered to play SSHIP.
    Crashes when going into battle is usually an issue about invalid model references (units, projectiles), most notable is the case where projectile files require an absolute path, which gets messed up if you change the directory name, the most common reason when using the 'folder rename' method when running mods on Steam (TATW is famous for that one - dwarven axe thrower crash).

Could you run a test with my SS version plus the latest SSHIP release and let me know if those issues actually exist now? I was tempted to put SS through it's paces in terms of using my battery of tests (script, silver surfers, missing model files etc), but that multitude of options was just a bit much.
    What actually is the recommended\mandated setting of SS (campaign era, subs) before you install SSHIP? I could run the tests on that setting and see if there is something obvious.

Just remembered one thing about the Meloo fix which has been the major reason for having issues with it - SS needed to have a specific setting before installing the fix. That problem falls away now but maybe caused your issues at the time?
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 02, 2020 at 03:20 AM.

Blog Entries

Settings: Early Era, Savage AI (but not sure it is requiered anymore actually ), VH/VH.

Will try to test when time permitting

- Results published

Blog Entries

I'll run my tests on that setting for SS.

Also , forgot to point out that some cities on bridges (such as Bordeaux) block the only way for the AI to move, leading to some armies getting stuck indefinetely next to the said town , blocking your acces as well unless they are allies.

Only way to move them is to use the console command to move the army.

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

if at any time he'd get the point, then the probability is 0 for the next step.

You don't need the bugfix package made for SS6.4 to run SSHIP. Try again without it. I'd also recommend you to read this tuto from Gigantus about how to run a mod on Steam.
    On my Steam version, I've used the installer way and it works fine
    if at any time he'd get the point, then the probability is 0 for the next step. - What does this mean?

The sship data folder is not supposed to replace the 6.4 data folder right? Cause thats the only way I can make it work. Otherwise when I extract the sship data folder inside 6.4 data folder so it's data>data only 6.4 runs. I've uninstalled and re- installed everything to instructions twice. Is it possible someone could do it for me on my pc? I have no idea what I'm doing wrong (((

Blog Entries

Forget about it, I think that I was answering to Gigantus.

The data folder extracted from the package has to be merged with the data folder located in your SS6.3 folder. That's not a replacement, at least not for all contents. By merging, I mean that the files located in SSHIP data folder will replace the one with the same name located in the SS6.3 data folder. Other files won't be modified.
    I hope it helps

- Results published

Icon9 Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

I found a constant CTD with this unit composition: constant_CTD_custom_battle.zip

Course of events: battle starts, I rush enemy crossbowmen with knights, destroy them, go back, enemy infantry rushes me, guaranteed CTD.

Nothing in system log. Also this time I cannot figure out which unit or what causes it.
    This is with the newest build. My only change is melee hit rate to 1.5 for testing purposes

On the the greatest authorities on BAI wrote in another place:
    Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    At least some of the battle crashes would be from the germanicu5 battle scripts. Unfortunately battle scripts are inherently unstable.

Blog Entries

If memory serves there are a number of logic tokens missing in Germanicu's script (11 in early campaign script) which might lead to errors, example is missing an equal sign:

Code:
    and I_BattleSettlementFortificationLevel 4
    Simply use squid's checker to trace them all, there are also two character entries that are missing an age entry. Plus a invalid 'HighestAttSharedChar' condition at the start of the Bulgarian Uprising script: 'unorthodoxy' isn't an attribute like piety, chivalry afaik.
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 08, 2020 at 03:58 AM.