Page 17 of 305 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526274267117 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Welsh Lonbowmen bow strings have also animation bug. Great mod!
    I would post picture too but i am playing right now

They tried to tame you
    Looks like they'll try again

Senator

Mercenary Crossbowmen suffer the same bowstring animation problem.

Mercenary Frankish Knight models disappear when the camera is not very close to them.

Desert Archer captain model is a silver surfer.

Hospitaller unit flags (both mounted and dismounted) appear to have some kind of reflective quality, like they're shining, almost? Not sure if this is intentional or not.

Laetus

Hey, why do not build forts in 0,8,3 ?

Short answer, because you could use them well to defend yourself, while the AI really couldn't. For some reason, it's more valuable to it defending a fort than defending a settlement. Which often led to the AI getting stuck in forts, while the player (or other AI competitors) could easily rush over their "real" territories.
    I know it's not the best solution, but I think it was a necesarry one unfortunately.

Abbasids Caliph's guard unit is missing in EDB-cannot recruit them on the map and is using sword animation instead of mace.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Regarding Forts, we have made some tests by the past but as MWY said, the AI can not use them correctly. For instance, the AI can focuse on them and totally ignore the main settlement. In that case, the fort had a full stack while the main settlement had only a couple of units. That was very advantageous for the human player. I haven't give up on them but there are more iportant points to improve first before to work again on Forts.

@ commanderis, thanks for pointing this out. I'll check it.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

A bit of an odd one;
    Playing as Denmark, I have a St. John's minor chapterhouse in Roskilde. Rightclicking it suggests I should be able to recruit Hospitaller Foot Knights, but they don't show up in the recruitment lists.
    I know global reputation can remove rights to recruit Knightly orders - my current reputation is Mixed.
    However, it doesn't seem to be a reputation issue, as I also got a St. John's minor chapterhouse in Dublin, and are able to recruit Hospitaller Foot Knights there.
    How come I can't recruit them in Roskilde then?

Edit; once upgraded to a St. John's Major Chapterhouse, I was able to recruit both mounted and dismounted Hospitallers.
    Last edited by PerXX; January 27, 2015 at 02:19 AM.

Great mod ! I think i have some 100 hours (in my campaign with HRE, VH/VH). Good job modders.
    I have a crash on my game (stop running, but don't crash to desktop) at 203 turns, at mongole faction turns (the turn after they had taking their first settlement).
    If someone know if i have something to do ? Or if i could still play on my campaign ?
    Thank you again for SSHIP.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuri View Post
    Great mod ! I think i have some 100 hours (in my campaign with HRE, VH/VH). Good job modders.
    I have a crash on my game (stop running, but don't crash to desktop) at 203 turns, at mongole faction turns (the turn after they had taking their first settlement).
    If someone know if i have something to do ? Or if i could still play on my campaign ?
    Thank you again for SSHIP.
    Have you tried reloading the save? Sometimes the game crashes with the Mongols but this isn't necessarily a repeating crash.

Is it normal for most of the troops both on the campaign map and in battle to be missing sounds? Also generals prebattle speeches seem to be missing. I'm playing as Aragon.

The newly updated models don't have voices. The old ones do.

Sorry if this is a well known issue.

Blog Entries

Have you followed the installation instructions especially regarding the sounds?
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Oh yes, it seems I have forgot about that step. Thanks.

Otherwise it works just fine.

Yes, i tried reloading my saves (3 saves every 6 turns). All of them crash with the Mongols
    I'll try again tonight with my last saves (6 turns ago).

The archers militia something is wrong with textures, check them please

Jayman's Avatar Libertus

The Welsh Longbowmen and Longbowmen seem to have a vertex or couple of vertices assigned in the wrong place on the model.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Longbow3.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	320734

Name:	longbowmen.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	320733

Royal Hirdsmen, Norse Axemen and Landevearnmenn are set too low. Their feet are in the ground. The feet are set deeper toward the left of the formation as if you were facing them.

Name:	RoyalHirdsmen.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	141.1 KB 
ID:	320735

Name:	Landevearnmenn.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	107.9 KB 
ID:	320736
    Last edited by Jayman; February 04, 2015 at 05:28 PM.

Jayman's Avatar Libertus

There are two swordstaff_militia entries and two swordstaff_militia_ug1 entries in the BMDB file.

I also received an error

data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Pplate_Plate/textures/gs_pplate_merc.texture is missing

there is a gs_pplate_mercs.texture in the folder. I copied the gs_pplate_merc.texture and renamed it gs_pplate_mercs.texture with the proper settings. It was easier to convert the texture to dds, rename it and convert it back to texture with the correct settings than to rename all the textures in the BMDB file that use that texture.

Blog Entries

@ Gercog, many thanks, I'll check it.

@ Jayman, many thanks also. Regarding the Welsh Longbowmen, I think that it's due to the animation problem. Regarding the Norses units, I'll check that. Same for the swordstaff and "missing" texture.

Default VERY GREAT MOD! MAKES SS EVEN BETTER! BUT HAS SOME ISSUES!

Dudes, Why are there no FORTS? How can I have FORTS again? While playing a battle I seen the LONGBOWMEN have a MESSY TEXTURE, and The Knights of Santiago both mounted and on foot does not have a unit card.

Senator

Default Re: VERY GREAT MOD! MAKES SS EVEN BETTER! BUT HAS SOME ISSUES!

DUDE, CALM YO ASS! THIS THREAD WASN'T NECESSARY, AND NEITHER ARE THE CAPS!

IN FACT, IF YOU LOOKED THROUGH THE DISCUSSION THREAD, YOU'D SEE MENTION OF THE FORT ISSUE, AND THE LONGBOWMEN TEXTURE HAS BEEN DISCUESSED VERY RECENTLY!

FORTS WERE REMOVED BECAUSE IT MESSES WITH HOW THE AI DEFENDS ITS SETTLEMENTS! THE LONGBOWMEN ISSUE IS BEING FIXED FOR NEXT RELEASE!

...and for the Santiago one you're the first to mention it (I think) so I imagine it'll get looked into.

Blog Entries

Default Re: VERY GREAT MOD! MAKES SS EVEN BETTER! BUT HAS SOME ISSUES!

As Larkin mentioned, it wasn't necessary to create a new thread for that. The missing cards for knights of Santiago is known and should be fixed for the next release. You could have used the bug fix thread or the General Discussion one.