Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Encountering another end-turn CTD in my (now very lengthy!) Byzantine campaign- log and savegame attached. Can anybody help?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Me, I didn't have problem to move forward:

Strange- I've tried twice more and I'm still getting the CTD. If it's of any help, it's between the turns of Serbia and Georgia, but I'm guessing if it works fine on your PC you'll be struggling to advise me what to do?

Indeed. I've run it on 096 with my patch, and it worked, as you can see.

BTW, it's very interesting to see your campaign evolving.
    Your description of the ERE is included in 097 (and visible), and, as you know, the trait after the conquest of certain settlements in Anatolia. If you'd fancy to make some other descriptions, these would be also included. Eg. in this style (info after a conquest):

Code:
    {CONQUERED_PRAGUE_PL_TITLE}Prague has been conquered by Poland!
    {CONQUERED_PRAGUE_PL_BODY}\n\nThe proud aristocrats of Bohemia are now vassals to the Polish dukes.\n\nHistorically, it has happend only once, in 1003, and was very brief. On the other hand, the Premyslids, the kings of Bohemia, took over the Crown of Poland in the late 13th and early 14th century.
    {CONQUERED_PRAGUE_TITLE}Prague has been conquered!
    {CONQUERED_PRAGUE_BODY}\n\nThe proud aristocrats of Bohemia are now vassals of another faction.

{CONQUERED_WROCLAW_TITLE}Wroclaw has been conquered!
    {CONQUERED_WROCLAW_BODY}\n\nThe proud aristocrats of Silesia are now vassals of another faction.
    {CONQUERED_WROCLAW_PL_TITLE}Wroclaw has been reclaimed by Poland!
    {CONQUERED_WROCLAW_PL_BODY}\n\nThe proud aristocrats of Silesia are now again loyal to their own overlord!\n\nThe tradition of belonging to the Crown of Poland (although the very term was coined as late as 14th century) harks back to the foundation of the archbishopric in Gniezno in AD 1000 by Emperor Otto I. The four bishoprics established at that time (Kraków, Wroclaw, Kolobrzeg, Kruszwica) together with the apostolic bishopric in Poznań created the entity that had forged an identity separate from the Holy Roman Empire. This tradition faded away after Silesia became part of the Bohemian crown after 1329.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; June 14, 2020 at 11:38 AM.

First, hello everyone because this is my first post on twcenter's forum! And many thanks to the team of this amazing mod.

Then, sorry to dig a post a bit old, but about the recruitment slots bug and in case it helps someone else:

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    in EDB replace with:

I don't understand: what VG and StV are missing?
    this code didn't work for me, but I fixed it by changing the first line to:
    Code:
     recruitment_slots 3 requires not event_counter freeze_recr_pool 1 and building_present_min_level farms farms+2 and building_present_min_level city_hall council_chambers
    The same method (removing the two "not" after "freeze_recr_pool 1" in the higher recruitment slot value for the building) fixes the higher levels of walls.

Hope it's clear, english is not my native language.

Cheers!

Indeed. I've run it on 096 with my patch, and it worked, as you can see.

BTW, it's very interesting to see your campaign evolving.
    Your description of the ERE is included in 097 (and visible), and, as you know, the trait after the conquest of certain settlements in Anatolia. If you'd fancy to make some other descriptions, these would be also included. Eg. in this style (info after a conquest):
    Would it be possible for you to upload your savegame at turn 280, so I can try resuming from there?

In exchange I'll try for a few more settlement conquest descriptions...

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Here is a bug which probably comes from campaign_script and which has not yet been fixed. As you can see here, cities rebel with only one type of rebel (here macemen). Another rebellion a few towers earlier (in Rouen) was composed entirely of Breton light cavalry.

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    Here is a bug which probably comes from campaign_script and which has not yet been fixed. As you can see here, cities rebel with only one type of rebel (here macemen). Another rebellion a few towers earlier (in Rouen) was composed entirely of Breton light cavalry.
    AFAIK, it's not related to the script. I even don't know if it's hardcoded or not. Very often you get only Peasant units. So I think the game gives only the basic units of one type to the rebelled settlements.

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    Noticed it too , they usually rebell with the mercenaries avalable in the regions, but there are exceptions. For example , EDINBURGH rebelled on me twice , and they had Chivalric Knights even though historically they were 100 turns too early xD.

Usually its a bit realistic , people that rebelled are well....townspeople and such ,rarely elite troops , but there are exceptions as in my edinburgh case.

This is an updated install video for 2020 on how to install the re-uploaded SSHIP sub-mod that was put onto MODDB.
    Check out my YouTube channel below for more Total War and RTS content!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpN...D0sUA4XWG9U_pw

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

That will be helpful for some
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgios View Post
    Would it be possible for you to upload your savegame at turn 280, so I can try resuming from there?

In exchange I'll try for a few more settlement conquest descriptions...
    Here you have the 281. I've done my part so... ;-)

Here you have the 281. I've done my part so... ;-)
    Thanks!

Think I accidentally sent the request for this save to Lifthrasir- please ignore!

... although, link is broken! Please could you try again?

some remarks on your campaign:

What actually is Novgorod doing at Edessa?
    Nice to see the Mongols expanding reasonably: not steamrolling, but steady moving east: fighting with Poland for Kiev and with Georgia for Ani. Quite historical (given that we don't have Khwaresm in the SSHIP).

In the SSHIP 097 there'll not nameless princesses, there'll fewer of them. Also no those annoying 'deranged' traits (I hope).

This doesn't work?

some remarks on your campaign:

What actually is Novgorod doing at Edessa?
    Nice to see the Mongols expanding reasonably: not steamrolling, but steady moving east: fighting with Poland for Kiev and with Georgia for Ani. Quite historical (given that we don't have Khwaresm in the SSHIP).

In the SSHIP 097 there'll not nameless princesses, there'll fewer of them. Also no those annoying 'deranged' traits (I hope).

This doesn't work?
    Link works well- let's see if it works ingame...

I've been pleased with the historically behaved Mongols. Georgia I've been bailing out with my excess cash- gifts of 100k every 20 turns or so. I've justified this as relatively historic Roman practice, bribing Caucasian allies to attack enemies.

Novgorod- not a clue!

Oh dear- ingame crash again!

Log attached once more, but I fear we may be stuck!
    Attached Files Attached Files

it seems there's something with your build.
    log doesn't tell anything
    upload the save

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

AFAIK, it's not related to the script. I even don't know if it's hardcoded or not. Very often you get only Peasant units. So I think the game gives only the basic units of one type to the rebelled settlements.
    I think it's an issue of the units in descr_rebel_factions for that region being assigned (ownership) to the slave faction in the EDU.

Rule of thumb: units in descr_rebel_factions need slave ownership. If none are available for the region they will (afaik) default to the 'brigands' unit which is peasants.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    I think it's an issue of the units in descr_rebel_factions for that region being assigned (ownership) to the slave faction in the EDU.

Rule of thumb: units in descr_rebel_factions need slave ownership. If none are available for the region they will (afaik) default to the 'brigands' unit which is peasants.
    Thanks, Gig. This part (rebels) indeed needs a revamp. You've advised once ""get rid of the 'all' entry in the ownership line (if the unit is not recruitable through settlements then it doesn't matter at all which faction you choose, otherwise simply leave the faction entries of those that can recruit the through a settlement)"
    Can you remind me what are the drawbacks of leaving this "all" entry?