Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

But wouldn't it cause problems with other mods as well? I spent many hours playing SS, TATW, DBM and EBII and I never had such problems like I have with SSHIP. Also crashes are not caused by playing too much - I can start the game, load the latest save, hit "end turn" and I always get the same error on the same AI turn. So I'm not convinced it's caused by hardware.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Aquila SPQR View Post
    But wouldn't it cause problems with other mods as well? I spent many hours playing SS, TATW, DBM and EBII and I never had such problems like I have with SSHIP. Also crashes are not caused by playing too much - I can start the game, load the latest save, hit "end turn" and I always get the same error on the same AI turn. So I'm not convinced it's caused by hardware.
    I think you're right. I suspect something is messing in the script, the changes in the traits may also be a reason. It's why I'd be very glad if you'd upload your saves and I could run them on my own. I've run a few games but they went smoothly so I'm interested in those problematic. If you're getting crashes so often, this is very suspicious.

Besides, if you'd play 096, keep in mind that some features are actually not finished, like not all crowns are in play, the 1% probabilities are perhaps erroneous (as described here), etc. You'd better make this change as well.

Sorry Aquila, my comment was directed toward mjsanta, but you ninjaed in while I was still typing. So you can ignore my stuff about hardware; that was for someone else
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    It's why I'd be very glad if you'd upload your saves and I could run them on my own.
    Ok.

Kilo11 - haha, yeah, I noticed, but I replied to Najavo Joe's post

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

That's why there's the quote feature
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

georgian_light_spearmen lack a bonus vs cavalry (mount_effect). georgian_medium_spearmen also lack mount_effect, but instead have spear_bonus_4, a bonus that's only shared with other Georgian/Armenian units (which should probably be replaced with more standard mount_effect modifiers). They should also be light_spear rather than spear, as the spear attribute is used for pikemen.
    Last edited by Tripledot; April 28, 2020 at 02:55 PM.

Good news (so far). I've reached 25th turn (record) without any error. I'm playing 096 on very hard campaign difficulty (my last game where I reached 22nd turn before CTD was a bit too easy on hard so I've decided to play at vh). I don't know why I'm currently not having any errors because I was playing on unchanged SSHIP before as well. The only difference right now is the difficulty level. Have you tested it on hard and medium difficulties? Maybe that's causing those errors somehow?

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Aquila SPQR View Post
    Good news (so far). I've reached 25th turn (record) without any error. I'm playing 096 on very hard campaign difficulty (my last game where I reached 22nd turn before CTD was a bit too easy on hard so I've decided to play at vh). I don't know why I'm currently not having any errors because I was playing on unchanged SSHIP before as well. The only difference right now is the difficulty level. Have you tested it on hard and medium difficulties? Maybe that's causing those errors somehow?
    I did on medium and it was fine.

Please keep playing and report after turn 72 and 94 they were problematic in the past but JoC and Lifth fixed them , hope you get a smooth game and enjoy the mod at its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo11 View Post
    Well, it could be that the PC was just overtaxed from a big battle against two armies. Again, it might actually be something mod-related, but I would suggest first trying a replay of the battle and seeing if it works fine. I know that can be frustrating to redo a heroic win against huge odds, but I did have that a lot with my last computer. If I had already played for an hour and then did a massive battle, there were good odds that I'd get a CTD on loading back into the campaign map, and I don't think it ever had anything to do with the mod itself. So, just for troubleshooting purposes, it might be useful to take a stab at replaying the battle while your PC is in best conditions (freshly booted, no background programs running, adequately cooled, etc.). Just a suggestion though.
    I get what you're saying, and you may be right. I tend to leave things open in the background, and rarely restart my computer. Again, it is a lower end gaming computer. I started another campaign after turning all the graphics setting to medium or low. I did have a CTD when trying to start a battle against a small unit of rebels. Auto resolved and went about my business. Will see how the rest of the campaign goes though.

Hi guys
    my game does not start in the late era ;/

00:35:09.992 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    00:35:09.993 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    00:35:09.997 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    00:35:09.998 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    00:35:09.999 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    00:35:10.001 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    00:35:10.002 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    00:35:10.002 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    00:35:15.515 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 3171, column 8
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Intelligent) level(Intelligent_Min_Technical_Level).
    00:35:15.515 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 3230, column 8
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Intelligent) level(Intelligent_Max_Technical_Level).
    00:35:15.515 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 3246, column 8
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Ignorance) level(Ignorant).
    00:35:15.515 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 3251, column 8
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Ignorance) level(Sadly_Ignorant).
    00:35:15.515 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 3256, column 8
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Ignorance) level(Blissfully_Ignorant).
    00:35:15.520 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 5287, column 8
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Upright) level(Utterly_Immaculate_NGB).
    00:35:15.520 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 6280, column 8
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Visit_Medina) level(Visit_Medina).
    00:35:15.521 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 6947, column 8
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Western_Edu) level(Basic_Western_Ed).
    00:35:15.521 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 6957, column 16
    Could'n find description string for trait(Western_Edu) level(Standard_Western_Ed_desc).
    00:35:15.521 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 6998, column 8
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Eastern_Edu) level(Basic_Eastern_Ed).
    00:35:15.521 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 7050, column 8
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Greek_Edu) level(Basic_Greek_Ed).
    00:35:15.532 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 12342, column 8
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(AgentHealth) level(AgentIll_Max_TechnicalLevel).
    00:35:15.605 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 33346, column 9
    Condition parser doesn't recognise this token: HaleAndHearty
    00:35:15.688 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 50357, column 12
    Condition parser doesn't recognise this token: Military_Edu
    00:35:27.227 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/High_Era_Campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 20, column 5
    Expected start date of campaign or battle.

Quote Originally Posted by mjsanta83 View Post
    I get what you're saying, and you may be right. I tend to leave things open in the background, and rarely restart my computer. Again, it is a lower end gaming computer. I started another campaign after turning all the graphics setting to medium or low. I did have a CTD when trying to start a battle against a small unit of rebels. Auto resolved and went about my business. Will see how the rest of the campaign goes though.
    Keep us updated on how it progresses, and whether any CTDs that do occur are persistent (i.e. they occur even if you restart your computer and load right before the point when you previously had the issue). If your problem is related to your computer, then I believe there is unfortunately not much the team can do to help you, but your info on what goes on wrong and when could still be useful.
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Blog Entries

@ frenned, there's no late era campaign.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

@mjsanta83 - I think there's a solution to your woes but we're apparently not allowed to discuss it.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; April 29, 2020 at 03:12 AM.

Blog Entries

^^ That's unfortunate but sadly true. However, if anyone knows a lawyer with a good knowledge about the DCMA, please let me know as I have a couple of questions about that. Thanks in advance.

Lethal Jakkson's Avatar Civis

@Lifthrasir yeah sorry I wasn't aware the new release was availble at the time of my last post, I came back to it later and found the new version and got so excited I forgot to edit my previous post to explain id had to d/l Stainless Steel again in order to install 0.9.2 (before new release was ready) and one of the Stainless Steel .vlc files was being tricksy, Sorted now great work
    Working for myself for 3years and still finding time to play Total War

"power down now. Have your crew step out or we will kill you!" -
    Conl Sharp (Transformers)
    "wh
    at you talkin 'bout willis?"
    -Gary Coleman aka Arnold Jackson (Diff'rent Strokes)

Blog Entries

Glad you made it work

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

I am testing a campaign with the Georgians in order to modify their units. I had a "medieval encountered an unknown error and must be close" in the middle of a battle, but by starting the same battle with my backup, there was no error. I suspect that the combat AI is sometimes faced with an unforeseen situation and makes the game crash ...

Blog Entries

Again, with or without reinforcement?
    If yes and I might be wrong but I'm suspecting the Germanicus ReallyBadAI script included in SS to be the cause
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; April 30, 2020 at 01:27 AM.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Yes, with reinforcement.

Ok, I've previously played vanilla SS (6.4) last year and decided to come back & try out SSHIP. I've just reinstalled SS 6.3/6.4 and ran it briefly to make sure it was correctly installed, and everything seemed to work.

However when I unzipped version 0.9.6 to a new folder and then merged its contents with the data folder within the SS6.3 folder and then launch from the SS laucher exe file, only standard SS 6.4 launches.

Am I launching from the correct file or is there a new exe somewhere else I need to use?