Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

My ruler somehow has both the Faltering Courage and Signs of Bravery trait simultaneously. Possibly because he got the latter due to joining Crusade?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Tripledot View Post
    My ruler somehow has both the Faltering Courage and Signs of Bravery trait simultaneously. Possibly because he got the latter due to joining Crusade?
    This absolutely should not happen. It's my error in codding. It will be fixed (see the methods here) in the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    I noticed the same thing on version 0.9.5.
    Several times I asked for the construction of "Tourney fields" ... the next turn, it is as if the request was forgotten: the building was again in the list to build !
    Well ... by dint of insisting it still ended up being built.
    This is strange, hmm. However, it's a much better situation than with the food administration building which indeed cannot be build as a few players reported. But Tourney fields may, and let's just say that the failed attempts are the building problems ;-)
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; February 13, 2020 at 12:02 AM.

Just had this happen:

Can't reproduce it, and have no idea what was the cause. My best guess is the Patriarch was chosen the same turn when Knyaz got his "Strictly Religious" trait (increasing agent cap for priests), and that somehow made every priest/bishop become Patriarchs..?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Would you happen to have a event_counter in the building's conditions that changes during a round? That requires some addiotnal coding in the script to avoid the building being cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Would you happen to have a event_counter in the building's conditions that changes during a round? That requires some addiotnal coding in the script to avoid the building being cancelled.
    Again, I am on 0.9.2, so this may be different in newer iterations of SSHIP, but in my coding I don't see anything conspicuous in the food_supply building requirements. The code is:

Code:
    building food_supply
    {
      levels foodsupport tribute_management forced_tribute
      {
        foodsupport city requires factions { northern_european, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, } and building_present_min_level hinterland_roads paved_roads and building_present_min_level city_hall council_chambers and event_counter is_the_player 1
    The requirements are pretty standard. Faction, roads, council chambers, and then just the event counter "is_the_player 1". I guess it'd have to be the event_counter that is causing the issue, but I don't see how it actually would. I've got a thought, but to test it, I am going to boot up the game real quick and try a few things. Be back on here in a bit to say whether I found anything.

EDIT: So, I thought maybe it was something to do with closing and restarting the game when the building was already in queue (i.e. taking a break from playing in the time where the building is under construction), but that doesn't seem to be it. I reloaded, the building was still there, with a couple turns of construction done. I then hit "End Turn" one after another, checking building progress at each stage, and for no reason the building popped out of the queue when it had 6 turns left. No event to cause it. No issue to speak of. And in checking the log, there is also nothing there that seems conspicuous (just the normal info messages, and no error to be found). I also checked the campaign_script.txt, to see if there was anything odd seeming there, but also no luck. Only two lines even have "is_the_player" in them, and they appear normal. I've put them below, in case anyone more knowledgeable might make something of them.

Code:
    ;===================== Is the AI? =======================
    declare_counter ai_ec_id ; used in Faction Economy script, 0=Local player, 1=rebels, 2=venice etc
    declare_counter pl_ec_id ; used in Rebellion script, 2=player is venice etc

monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart not IsFactionAIControlled
      set_event_counter freeze_recr_pool 0
      set_event_counter is_the_ai 0
      set_event_counter is_the_player 1

set_counter ai_ec_id 0
    end_monitor 

monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart IsFactionAIControlled
      set_event_counter freeze_recr_pool 0
      set_event_counter is_the_player 0
    Last edited by Kilo11; February 13, 2020 at 03:31 AM.
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

The event counter "is_the_player 1" is the issue. As far as I got it, MWY made it to have the condition only applied for the human player. However it doesn't work correctly that way. As Gig said, an additional script is required if we want to fix it. However, MWY is inactive nowadays and we don't have a scripter in our current team
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

Have a look at the script from EBII - there are two or three instances of it that I remember in the collection of while\wend monitors (I am travelling so I can't check). Basically it involves resetting the event counter once more before the next faction's turn if memory serves, something to do with the sequence in which building construction advances.
    Last edited by Gigantus; February 13, 2020 at 07:10 AM.

Blog Entries

Thanks Gig
    Will have a look at it when time permitting.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    The event counter "is_the_player 1" is the issue. As far as I got it, MWY made it to have the condition only applied for the human player.
    Is that even a necessary condition to have at all? I mean, as far as I can tell, the only point of it is to limit the building so that only the player can build it (i.e. AI doesn't have access to it). But is that something that is even worth having as a condition? I mean, would there be problems if the AI could also build the food supply buildings?

I guess my main thought is that the team could simply omit that last requirement, and then everything would run fine. That seems like an easy fix, and one that I can't imagine would create any knock-on problems. Thoughts?
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

Blog Entries

I think that the point behind this is to bring conditions to the player but not for the AI. So if I got it right, removing it would lake things harder for the AI by introducing conditions, something it can not handle.
    That's just a guess. I not a scripter
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; February 13, 2020 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Bloody cell phone

Blog Entries

An interim solution would be to apply the event_counter to the capabilities of the building instead of it's construction conditions. That way it wouldn't have effects that could hamper the AI.

Hello,
    I got my save (tour 60) which encounter an expected error and the game close,
    I checked the last playing faction is venetia but i can not see a specific action,
    I have the save but can not see how to upload it here

I installed the game on steam, windows 10, french campaign

I don't use other submod and my log is
    21:21:34.290 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    21:21:34.290 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    21:21:34.293 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    21:21:34.293 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    21:21:34.294 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    21:21:34.295 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    21:21:34.295 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    21:21:34.295 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    21:21:50.017 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    21:22:14.874 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; February 14, 2020 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Posts merged for clarity

Quote Originally Posted by RooshV54 View Post
    Hello,
    I got my save (tour 60) which encounter an expected error and the game close,
    I checked the last playing faction is venetia but i can not see a specific action,
    I have the save but can not see how to upload it here

I installed the game on steam, windows 10, french campaign
    It seems to me that you don't use the most recent patch where the problems Serbia-Teutonic Order were corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    It seems to me that you don't use the most recent patch where the problems Serbia-Teutonic Order were corrected.
    Thanks, it works

I got the January 2020 update but not the february

I just wanted to quickly say that if anyone was looking at my save file (regarding the weird revolts I had in my Venice campaign), they don't need to anymore. I have been thinking about some suggestions for improving SSHIP, but thought my efforts would be sort of besides the point if I'm not using the latest version, so I'm updating to 0.9.6 right now. As such, I'll be starting new campaigns, and won't worry about any issues I've had with 0.9.2.
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo11 View Post
    I just wanted to quickly say that if anyone was looking at my save file (regarding the weird revolts I had in my Venice campaign), they don't need to anymore. I have been thinking about some suggestions for improving SSHIP, but thought my efforts would be sort of besides the point if I'm not using the latest version, so I'm updating to 0.9.6 right now. As such, I'll be starting new campaigns, and won't worry about any issues I've had with 0.9.2.
    Kilo,
    could you just wait a few days?
    I've recently made some more modding in the EDCT file. I've redone the Intelligent trait (which I've made actually the most important trait for all generals - it's about Stupid-Smart, not Ignorant), fixed (hopefully) some triggers so that it'll appear in reasonable quantities etc. See the changelog here:

Changelog:
    - traits Sane, Insane, Deranged, Hypochondriac fixed for bugs.
    - Intelligent - much re-made: new names, new effects (less direct, but more in the triggers), triggers at CoA).
    - initial garrisons in the NE Europe further refined.
    - trait Generous & Miserly - fixed NGB bug, trigger changed etc.
    - Upright, Corrupt, Embezzler - further refined, but some re-counting perhaps still needed.
    - Miner, Farmer traits completely redone (added levels, added information, benefits changed etc.)
    - the SSHIP buildings start to appear in the triggers for various traits (in all 4 important impacts: on the governor when built, on the governor when he governs the settlement, on the new generals when they CoA (both faction-wide and in the settlement)

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Kilo,
    could you just wait a few days?
    I've recently made some more modding in the EDCT file. I've redone the Intelligent trait (which I've made actually the most important trait for all generals - it's about Stupid-Smart, not Ignorant), fixed (hopefully) some triggers so that it'll appear in reasonable quantities etc. See the changelog here:

Do you mean there will be a small patch in a few days or something, and I should wait for that? If so, is it something that won't be savegame compatible? Just wondering what exactly to wait for, as I've already started the things downloading (and unfortunately already removed the old version, so now I'm SSHIP-less ).

Also, out of curiosity, what does "CoA" mean? I've never seen that before.
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Joc (Jurand of Cracow) regularly releases patches lately ... the last one is recent: from 02.02.2020
    The mod is being improved and it is likely that another patch will be released soon to resolve the problems related to campaign AI, titles and character traits. It is indeed the domain of Joc.

But frankly, I find the mod in the state already very satisfactory! (except for the aspect of the units but I am already working on the question : https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...logy-Costumes))

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo11 View Post
    Do you mean there will be a small patch in a few days or something, and I should wait for that? If so, is it something that won't be savegame compatible? Just wondering what exactly to wait for, as I've already started the things downloading (and unfortunately already removed the old version, so now I'm SSHIP-less ).

Also, out of curiosity, what does "CoA" mean? I've never seen that before.
    No, not compatible, the traits are redone.

CoA: Coming of Age
    There's plethora to triggers to form generals' personalities. The relevant table of contents is as follows:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ;======== COMING OF AGE ========================================= COMING OF AGE: RANDOM & FATHER;----- Education starters (Adm/Milit,Scholar,Wantschool)- JoC
    ;----- NaturalMilitarySkill ----------------------------- JoC
    ;----- Intelligent ------------------------------------- JoC
    ;--------- CoA: Intelligent starters --------------------
    ;--------- CoA: After Father Stupid/Intelligent ---------
    ;--------- CoA: After Father Attributes -----------------
    ;--------- CoA: After Father Education ------------------
    ;--------- CoA: After Father Good Personality -----------
    ;--------- CoA: After Father Bad Personality ------------
    ;--------- CoA: After Father Xeno -----------------------
    ;--------- CoA: After Mother Personality ----------------
    ;----- Economic traits ---------------------------------
    ;--------- CoA: Economic Traits Random ------------------ JoC
    ;--------- CoA: After Father Economic Traits ------------ JoC
    ;--------- CoA: After Father Corruption & Generosity ---- JoC
    ;--------- CoA: After Father Esthetic Tastes ------------
    ;----- Personality traits -----------------------------
    ;--------- CoA Xenophilia Xenophobia Brave Coward -------
    ;--------- CoA: Drink Sobriety --------------------------
    ;--------- CoA: After Father Drink ----------------------
    ;----- Military traits ---------------------------------
    ;--------- CoA Sane Insane Deranged Hypochondriac Bloodthirsty Haemophobic
    ;----- Health and body ---------------------------------
    ;--------- CoA: physical appearance ---------------------
    ;--------- CoA: feritility ------------------------------
    ;----- Faction Leader and Heir personal traits ---------
    ;--------- CoA: Loves/hates father --------------(JoC)---
    ;--------- CoA: Legacy of great father ---------(JoC)---
    ;----- Faction & religion specific triggers ------------
    ;--------- CoA: religion specific -----------------------
    ;--------- CoA: faction specific ------------------------

;======== COMING OF AGE ========================================= COMING OF AGE: BUILDINGS
    ;----- SettlementBuildingExists -------------------------
    ;--------- CoA: S CORE buildings ------------------------
    ;--------- CoA: S MILITARY buildings --------------------
    ;--------- CoA: S PUBLIC ORDER buildings ----------------
    ;--------- CoA: S INCOME buildings ----------------------
    ;--------- CoA: S POPULATION GROWTH buildings -----------
    ;--------- CoA: S EDUCATION buildings -------------------
    ;--------- CoA: S RELIGION buildings --------------------
    ;--------- CoA: S GUILD buildings -----------------------
    ;--------- CoA: S CHAPTER HOUSS buildings ---------------
    ;----- FactionBuildingExists ----------------------------
    ;--------- CoA: FBE CORE buildings ----------------------
    ;--------- CoA: FBE MILITARY buildings ------------------
    ;--------- CoA: FBE PUBLIC ORDER buildings --------------
    ;--------- CoA: FBE INCOME buildings --------------------
    ;--------- CoA: FBE POPULATION GROWTH buildings ---------
    ;--------- CoA: FBE EDUCATION buildings -----------------
    ;--------- CoA: FBE RELIGION buildings ------------------
    ;--------- CoA: FBE GUILD buildings ---------------------
    ;--------- CoA: FBE CHAPTER HOUSE buildings -------------
    ;----- CoA: Personality to be analysed in the future ----
    ;--------- Random CoA ------------------------------
    ;--------- Takes after father ------------------------------
    ;----- CoA: Difficulty and AI fix for NMS and Intelligent

Many thanks for all of the info JoC. I will then humbly await your most recent efforts to be immortalized in a patch, at which point I will download, install, and then conquer the world!
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources