Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

No, sorry Mate. These 2 last weeks have been very busy for me in RL.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    No, sorry Mate. These 2 last weeks have been very busy for me in RL.
    I worries. Don't you hate it when real life interferes with gaming?
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

Blog Entries

Oh man, you have no idea
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Lethal Jakkson's Avatar Civis

Hi there finally got round to reporting back on instalment issue, its about the d/l links, once d/l complet and all files put into the SSHIP fold, as I had to d/l one of the .vlc files sepratly as it would not be inclued in main fold how ever many ways i tried, on installing it asked for disk 2 so i sorted that out but some how apart of the install still ended up creating a Saga file and installing there, after 2 or 3 weeks away from that endless circle Im starting over again now will see if the same thing happens again, andy clues or ideas why and how to stop this from happening? I tried alot of difrent ways around it
    Working for myself for 3years and still finding time to play Total War

"power down now. Have your crew step out or we will kill you!" -
    Conl Sharp (Transformers)
    "wh
    at you talkin 'bout willis?"
    -Gary Coleman aka Arnold Jackson (Diff'rent Strokes)

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

@Letahl Jakkson : I admit that I do not quite understand what you write. Google translation does not help me more ...
    Do you have trouble installing SSHIP only or are you stuck installing Medieval II total War Kingdoms (ver 1.05) ???

Blog Entries

@ Lethal Jakkson, you're obviously trying to install the v0.9.2. and v0.9.5 (from this post). That's actually the previous version of the od, only left for people who want to use one of the Mini-mods.

If you want to use the last version, v0.9.6, you need to refer to the 1st post only.

Let me know which version you want to install and I'll do my best to guide you.

VineFynn's Avatar Miles

Please keep in mind that changes to the campaign script file require a new game to take effect, and existing saves may be incompatible with the newer version.
    Real life is balanced.

Icon4 Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

I tested all factions to find out which ones have no voice, neither campaign card characters, nor units on the battlefield.

This experiment is done with a non-Steam and non-English version. (I tested 2 versions 0.9.6 with 2 different computers).
    I hope there will be a patch soon. I don't want to spend time modifying an incomplete version.

Voiceless factions:

Scotland
    Denmark
    Poland
    Norway
    Hungary
    Serbia
    Lithuania
    Novgorod
    Kiev
    Cuman

Blog Entries

Thanks Mate
    Can you tell me if you have any missing voices or sounds with SS6.4 alone? Thanks in advance.

Yes, voices are also missing in SS6.4. With SSHIP 0.9.2 and SSHIP 0.9.5 + the sound patch the voices come back.

Blog Entries

I think I start to see where the problem comes from. What is the sound patch you're referring to?

I think this is the patch proposed for the installation of version 0.9.5:

DOWNLOAD SOUNDFIX - only for non-English players
    SoundFix

In my archives, I use a patch (from your version 0.9.2) called SSHIP Sound Fix 0.8
    I guess it's the same.

Blog Entries

The download link is empty, I mean, the file is gone

Foederatus

Playing as HRE I'm currently having a crash on turn 128/129, after Poland finishes its turn and just before Byzantiums turn. Thats with patch 10_1_2020 and with updated 14_1_2020. System log says this:

11:57:16.506 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 6458, column 11
    Could'n find ancillary name string <idearmad_tripoli>.
    11:57:16.506 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 6462, column 14
    Could'n find ancillary description string <idearmad_tripoli_desc>.
    11:57:16.506 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 6463, column 21
    Could'n find ancillary effect description string <idearmad_tripoli_effects_desc>.
    11:57:25.878 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    11:58:09.452 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Prugalo View Post
    Playing as HRE I'm currently having a crash on turn 128/129, after Poland finishes its turn and just before Byzantiums turn. Thats with patch 10_1_2020 and with updated 14_1_2020. System log says this:

11:57:16.506 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 6458, column 11
    Could'n find ancillary name string <idearmad_tripoli>.
    11:57:16.506 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 6462, column 14
    Could'n find ancillary description string <idearmad_tripoli_desc>.
    11:57:16.506 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 6463, column 21
    Could'n find ancillary effect description string <idearmad_tripoli_effects_desc>.
    11:57:25.878 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    11:58:09.452 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Given that the RBAI is loaded after the problems with "idearmad_tripoli", I'm not sure if this is a problem. However, just to check it, try this:
    go to in the folder "data/text" and delete all files with extension "bin".
    Run the game and check if it works.

Besides, check if you've got in the config file
    ""level = * trace"
    (you may have "level = * error" - then change to trace - more info will be visible)
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; January 15, 2020 at 05:30 AM.

Foederatus

Removed all bin files from text folder and sadly it didn't help, still crashing at Polands turn. Tried level trace in config and the log is more detailed, but can't really find anything wrong. Last few lines mention teutonic historic event, could it be a problem with me installing 0.96 over 0.95? Last couple of lines:

13:07:09.230 [game.script.anc] [trace] Ancillary <architect> not added - chance 3, random 82
    13:07:09.230 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Global_Settlement_Building_Completed> fired
    13:07:09.230 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Masons_Building_Completed> fired
    13:07:09.231 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <historic_event> at line 10316 in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    13:07:09.231 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SS6.3/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/teutonic_order.tga (from: F:\Igre\Medieval II Total War Collection)
    13:07:09.231 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/teutonic_order.tga.dds
    13:07:09.231 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SS6.3/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/teutonic_order.tga (from: F:\Igre\Medieval II Total War Collection)
    13:07:09.247 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

As far as I know, installing 096 over 095 is a bad idea. Lifth probably knows it (he compiled the version), but I'd expect crashes. And this is a miracle that you've managed till turn 128, I'd say.

Blog Entries

Actually, it shouldn't be a problem to install v0.9.6 over v0.9.5. However, it's better to be safe than sorry. Hence my recon about doing a clean install.

@ Prugalo, have you installed the patch as well? If not, that could be the reason of the ctd.

Foederatus

Yes its installed with latest patches. Funny thing is, this is actually my third playthrough this last month (all were good so far, played for roughly 300 turns), and my first SSHIP ctd in years. Doesn't matter, will make a fresh install and start my fourth playthrough Thanx for all your help guys.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Fix for "No voices in non english game"

Simply open \[mod folder]\data\descr_sounds_accents.txt and move the 'mute' factions into a fitting, working accent slot then save the file. See example below.
    Then delete the \[mod folder]\data\sounds\events.DAT and IDX file and start your mod.

Code:
    accent English
        factions england, normans, saxons, scotland

accent Scottish
        factions scotland
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 16, 2020 at 03:42 AM.