Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Noted. What is your version of the original M2TW game? English or not? Disk or Steam? Thanks in advance
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Steam and english

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Hey Lifth, whats the deal with those Offices, my starting Faction Leader died that had the office ancillary (the one that lets him gain offices so you can give to vassals) but my next Leader doesnt have this trait and doesent gain Ministerial Offices (also doesnt have the trait the previous FL had).

Now the 2nd leader died, the 3rd has the ,,giving offices'' trait but he doesnt gain any new offices (like i built a knight stable but he doesnt get Horse Marshall office which i dont currently have)
    Last edited by Nemesis2345; December 10, 2019 at 01:49 AM.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

@Nemesis2345 : can you confirm that your version of the game has the voices of the characters and soldiers for Poland and Denmark ?

@kostic : yeah, just checked, all fine with sounds both voice and ambient.

@lifthasir

when testing <PopulationOwnReligion> condition20:08:51.015 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Priest_Too_Many_Supporters_Dogmatic>
    : PopulationOwnReligion needs a character in a land region.

when testing <PopulationOwnReligion> condition
    20:08:51.015 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Priest_Too_Many_Supporters_Open>

20:08:51.015 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Priest_Corrupt_Corrupt>

20:08:51.016 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Priest_Corrupt_Righteous>

20:08:51.016 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Priest_Righteous_Corrupt>

20:08:51.016 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Priest_Righteous_Righteous>

20:08:51.016 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Getting this at Sicily end turn, i tried moving characters with the move_character command but it still crashes

Edit: surrendering Sicilys regions fixed the crash, looks like a guy below me had the same problem with the same solution regarding Cumans
    Last edited by Nemesis2345; December 10, 2019 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis2345 View Post
    I had the sound problem , it was a verry messy installation of mods over and over again. Reinstall M2TW fresh on the drive and make sure to unninstal any old entry. Then follow the SS installation carefully and it should work.

Sometimes when you install a mod bad from the start you have to reinstall the full game , otherwise the errors will still be there
    I am not sure it is just a question of installation. I installed SS then SSHIP on a fresh version of MTW II with no others mods in it or even deleted before.

Hello, I'm playing a Sicilian campaign, at about 30 turns I keep having a CTD during the AI turn, it always repeats at the end of the Cuman turn it seems. I tried reloading the campaign from a slightly older savegame (going back from the turn before the CTD turn), but the game CTDs again at the end of the subsequent turn.

I paste here the system log:

02:34:03.967 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    02:34:03.967 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    02:34:03.967 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    02:34:03.967 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    02:34:03.967 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    02:34:03.983 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    02:34:03.983 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    02:34:03.983 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    02:34:06.715 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SSHIP/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 45319, column 12
    Trait not recognised
    02:34:06.715 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SSHIP/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 45437, column 22
    Trait not recognised
    02:34:06.715 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SSHIP/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 45461, column 22
    Trait not recognised
    02:34:16.335 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    02:36:52.988 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

EDIT: I killed the Cumans in the CTD turn with the "surrender_regions" cheat, thereafter the CTD didn't happen anymore, campaign still going, the Cumans have later re-emerged at least two times by the way.
    Last edited by Ulakanakulot; December 09, 2019 at 09:19 PM.

Blog Entries

@ shadowtwinz and Ulkakanakulot, if it happens again, could you try to follow the AI movement and to remove the fog of war (cheat code: toggle_fow). This is to see what the AI was doing exactly when the ctd happens. I'm not sure what the cause could be. Note that the process may take a while. Thanks in advance.

@ Blackader, it looks that the voices issue is related to the french disk version of the game. I read somewhere by the past that some accents were missing depending on the language used on the disk of the game and compare to the original english one. But I'm on it. Not easy for me as mine are both an english version (disk and Steam). So I might ask you and kostic to be my alpha testers
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

10:54:22.825 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <InEnemyLandsTrigger2> fired
    10:54:22.825 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <InFriendlyLandsTrigger2> fired
    10:54:22.825 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <DiseasedRecoveryInWild> fired
    10:54:22.825 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Ai_MoveFix1_Add_Outside_NotMoved> fired
    10:54:22.825 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Ai_MoveFix1_Add_TimeinRegion3EnemyLands> fired
    10:54:22.825 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <harsh_lifestyle2> fired
    10:54:22.825 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <harsh_lifestyle3> fired
    10:54:22.825 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Priest_AutoProgression_AI_Dogmatic> fired
    10:54:22.825 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Priest_Preaching_No_Results_Wavering>

10:54:22.825 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Priest_Preaching_No_Results_Strong>

10:54:22.825 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Priest_Preaching_No_Results_Wavering_Abroad>

10:54:22.825 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Priest_Preaching_No_Results_Strong_Abroad>

10:54:22.825 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Priest_Little_Supporters_Open>

10:54:22.825 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Priest_Little_Supporters_Dogmatic>

10:54:22.825 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Priest_Too_Many_Supporters_Dogmatic>

10:54:22.825 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Priest_Too_Many_Supporters_Open>

10:54:22.825 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Priest_Corrupt_Corrupt>

10:54:22.825 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Priest_Corrupt_Righteous>

10:54:22.825 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Priest_Righteous_Corrupt>

10:54:22.825 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Priest_Righteous_Righteous>

10:54:23.327 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

You've got a priest on a boat?

@sananeula: However, I don't think this is a cause of the CTD. First, such trait-related errors usually don't make CTD (but they can, I think). Second, and the most important, the time difference is too high (half a second: 10:54:22.825 <> 10:54:23.327.
    I'd look for causes of CTD elsewhere.

On the other hand, in case of @Nemesis CTD there's no time difference, so who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis2345 View Post
    Hey Lifth, whats the deal with those Offices, my starting Faction Leader died that had the office ancillary (the one that lets him gain offices so you can give to vassals) but my next Leader doesnt have this trait and doesent gain Ministerial Offices (also doesnt have the trait the previous FL had).

Now the 2nd leader died, the 3rd has the ,,giving offices'' trait but he doesnt gain any new offices (like i built a knight stable but he doesnt get Horse Marshall office which i dont currently have)
    Maybe he was not eligible?
    There's no special ancillary for the FL, there's just a trait with information:

Trigger Office_info_available_1
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition not HasAncType office
    and IsFactionLeader
    and FactionIsLocal
    and Trait Officeholder < 1
    and I_TurnNumber < 200

Affects Officeholder 3 Chance 100

Irrespectively of the trait, he'd get an office ancillary to give out if the conditions are met:

;------------------------------------------
    Trigger privyseal_europe_player
    Condition IsFactionLeader
    and FactionIsLocal
    and EndedInSettlement
    and not Trait Ignorance > 1
    and not Trait Senile > 1
    and not Trait Insane > 1
    and not Trait AbsentMinded > 0
    and not Trait Diseased > 0
    and not HasAncType Office
    and not CharFactionType hungary
    and not CharFactionType poland
    and not FactionwideAncillaryExists privyseal
    and SettlementBuildingExists >= council_chambers

AcquireAncillary privyseal chance 100

I might have made a mistake concerning Master of Horse, as the requirement is "higher than knights_stables". I don't remember atm what level it its.

;------- MASTER OF HORSE ------------------
    Trigger master_of_horse_europe_player
    and FactionIsLocal
    and not CharFactionType cumans
    and EndedInSettlement
    and not Trait Senile > 1
    and not Trait Insane > 1
    and not FactionwideAncillaryExists moh
    and SettlementBuildingExists > knights_stables

AcquireAncillary moh chance 100

Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; December 10, 2019 at 03:26 AM.

10:56:24.045 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    10:56:24.045 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    10:56:24.045 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    10:56:24.045 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    10:56:24.045 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    10:56:24.045 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    10:56:24.045 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    10:56:24.045 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    10:56:27.087 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 45319, column 12
    Trait not recognised
    10:56:27.088 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 45437, column 22
    Trait not recognised
    10:56:27.088 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 45461, column 22
    Trait not recognised
    10:56:33.926 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    11:00:33.667 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Just got this one , at the end turn of Papal States. It happens no matter which character i move

Edit: Again , it was fixed by surrendering regions of the said faction. This is the 2nd CTD i get regarding this error and the fix is surrendering the regions .......
    Edit 2: Now the game crashes when i press the end turn button , same errors as above , looking in the txt file there is smth about spawning priests
    Last edited by Nemesis2345; December 10, 2019 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    You've got a priest on a boat?

@sananeula: However, I don't think this is a cause of the CTD. First, such trait-related errors usually don't make CTD (but they can, I think). Second, and the most important, the time difference is too high (half a second: 10:54:22.825 <> 10:54:23.327.
    I'd look for causes of CTD elsewhere.

On the other hand, in case of @Nemesis CTD there's no time difference, so who knows...

Maybe he was not eligible?
    There's no special ancillary for the FL, there's just a trait with information:

Trigger Office_info_available_1

Condition not HasAncType office
    and IsFactionLeader
    and FactionIsLocal
    and Trait Officeholder < 1
    and I_TurnNumber < 200

Affects Officeholder 3 Chance 100

Irrespectively of the trait, he'd get an office ancillary to give out if the conditions are met:

Trigger privyseal_europe_player
    and FactionIsLocal
    and EndedInSettlement
    and not Trait Senile > 1
    and not Trait Insane > 1
    and not CharFactionType hungary
    and not CharFactionType poland
    and not FactionwideAncillaryExists privyseal
    and SettlementBuildingExists >= council_chambers

AcquireAncillary privyseal chance 100

I might have made a mistake concerning Master of Horse, as the requirement is "higher than knights_stables". I don't remember atm what level it its.

;------- MASTER OF HORSE ------------------
    Trigger master_of_horse_europe_player
    and FactionIsLocal
    and not CharFactionType cumans
    and EndedInSettlement
    and not Trait Senile > 1
    and not Trait Insane > 1
    and not FactionwideAncillaryExists moh
    and SettlementBuildingExists > knights_stables

AcquireAncillary moh chance 100

I dont have any priest in boat, actually i dont have any priest anywhere.. but looks like sicily has it. i am playing with scots.

Blog Entries

@ JoC, I might be wrong but could this issue be possibly related to the priest trait anyway?

@ sanaleula, could you try to follow the AI movement and to remove the fog of war (cheat code: toggle_fow). This is to see what the AI was doing exactly when the ctd happens (and to confirm or not that this is due to a priest or any other character). Note that the process may take a while. Thanks in advance. If yes, just try to get information about that guy (especially his traits).

Edit: @ kostic and Blackader and to those who have encountered the missing voices issue: I may have found a solution (with the help of Gigantus ) but I'll need you to test it. Who volunteers?
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; December 10, 2019 at 04:47 AM.

@ sanaleula, could you try to follow the AI movement and to remove the fog of war (cheat code: toggle_fow). This is to see what the AI was doing exactly when the ctd happens (and to confirm or not that this is due to a priest or any other character). Note that the process may take a while. Thanks in advance. If yes, just try to get information about that guy (especially his traits).
    Yes it is all about one priest in a boat. I try to see his traits but couldnt see his traits cuz of strange names of characters. "move_character (maéec Dun Challiende bla bla bla)
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; December 10, 2019 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Quote tag added for clarity

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by sananeula View Post
    Yes it is all about one priest in a boat. I try to see his traits but couldnt see his traits cuz of strange names of characters. "move_character (maéec Dun Challiende bla bla bla)
    When does it happen?
    at the beginning there's just one priest:
    Fothad mac_Ideid, priest, male, age 51, x 62, y 247

But there're also generals:
    Dabid Dun_Chailleann, named character, male, leader, age 48, x 58, y 253
    Mael_Coluim Dun_Chailleann, male, age 62, dead 39, never_a_leader

Maybe there're problems if a priest gets on the boat in general.

-----------
    I've played a dozen turns with Scotland, sent a priest on a boat - and everything played smoothly.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; December 10, 2019 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Edit: @ kostic and Blackader and to those who have encountered the missing voices issue: I may have found a solution (with the help of Gigantus ) but I'll need you to test it. Who volunteers?
    I would be glad to help you ! ready to follow your instructions.

@ shadowtwinz and Ulkakanakulot, if it happens again, could you try to follow the AI movement and to remove the fog of war (cheat code: toggle_fow). This is to see what the AI was doing exactly when the ctd happens. I'm not sure what the cause could be. Note that the process may take a while. Thanks in advance.
    Indeed, I did that very thing for two times in occasion of that crash: the crash happened at the beginning of the Cuman AI turn, just before any one of their generals/units/character making any moves at all; the screen centered on one of their settlements (Azaq if I remember correctly), with one of their generals just outside of that settlement, and suddenly I received a crash message.

I'm sorry this is not very useful I guess.

Anyway I'm still playing the campaign, I didn't encounter any other CTDs until now; only strange thing is the papal states allies backstabbing me after I was paying them a quite large tribute and after I had successfully completed a crusade and kicked some b..t in the Levant and Egypt for the benefit of the Crusader States. How Rome Total War of them...
    Last edited by Ulakanakulot; December 10, 2019 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    When does it happen?
    at the beginning there's just one priest:
    Fothad mac_Ideid, priest, male, age 51, x 62, y 247

But there're also generals:
    Dabid Dun_Chailleann, named character, male, leader, age 48, x 58, y 253
    Mael_Coluim Dun_Chailleann, male, age 62, dead 39, never_a_leader

Maybe there're problems if a priest gets on the boat in general.

-----------
    I've played a dozen turns with Scotland, sent a priest on a boat - and everything played smoothly.
    Iam playing with scots at turn 40. Game crashes when siciliy's turn. When An army of siciliy comes out from palermo and goes to a boat, game is crashing. Actually i cant see which troops are trying to get in to the boat. Before that boat is empty.

Here is log again:
    08:55:44.837 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Priest_Preaching_No_Results_Wavering>

08:55:44.837 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Priest_Preaching_No_Results_Strong>

08:55:44.837 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Priest_Preaching_No_Results_Wavering_Abroad>

08:55:44.837 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Priest_Preaching_No_Results_Strong_Abroad>

08:55:44.837 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Priest_Little_Supporters_Open>

08:55:44.837 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Priest_Little_Supporters_Dogmatic>

08:55:44.837 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Priest_Too_Many_Supporters_Dogmatic>

08:55:44.838 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Priest_Too_Many_Supporters_Open>

08:55:44.838 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Priest_Corrupt_Corrupt>

08:55:44.838 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Priest_Corrupt_Righteous>

08:55:44.838 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Priest_Righteous_Corrupt>

08:55:44.838 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Priest_Righteous_Righteous>

08:55:45.381 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Blog Entries

The log says nothing useful about that bug. I might be wrong but the trigger reported has nothing to do with the ctd.
    Is there any general with that embarking army?
    Can you try to edit your config as described here and send your log when the ctd happens? Just give the text file, no copy/past because the log will be extremly long and detailed. Or you can upload it somewhere and post the link here. Thanks in advance.

The log says nothing useful about that bug. I might be wrong but the trigger reported has nothing to do with the ctd.
    Is there any general with that embarking army?
    Can you try to edit your config as described here and send your log when the ctd happens? Just give the text file, no copy/past because the log will be extremly long and detailed. Or you can upload it somewhere and post the link here. Thanks in advance.
    Here is the log: https://uploadfiles.io/pu31zcr4
    Here is the game save: https://ufile.io/okkcq35h

Thanks..