Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Was playing a Poland early era campaign today vh/vh and discovered the "attack faction" mechanic is broken in diplomacy: I can get the other faction to accept the proposal but they never seem to honor the deal and dont declare war.

VineFynn's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by splintz View Post
    Was playing a Poland early era campaign today vh/vh and discovered the "attack faction" mechanic is broken in diplomacy: I can get the other faction to accept the proposal but they never seem to honor the deal and dont declare war.
    This is broken in vanilla afaik. Not sure there's anything we can do about it. I'll see if I can script something, but no promises.

EDIT: So I did some research and it doesn't necessarily appear to be intended as binding, the problem with it is actually that the faction with demands the military intervention is the one that loses reputation if the OTHER PARTY doesn't honor the agreement. I'll see if I can fix that side of things- again, no promises.

EDIT2: The reputation issue is now fixed. There's definitely no way for me to modify the way the AI reacts to that treaty type, though- it's definitely hardcoded, and there are no possible UI or event workarounds I can use to force a war declaration.
    Last edited by VineFynn; July 23, 2019 at 01:00 AM.
    Real life is balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by VineFynn View Post
    This is broken in vanilla afaik. Not sure there's anything we can do about it. I'll see if I can script something, but no promises.

EDIT: So I did some research and it doesn't necessarily appear to be intended as binding, the problem with it is actually that the faction with demands the military intervention is the one that loses reputation if the OTHER PARTY doesn't honor the agreement. I'll see if I can fix that side of things- again, no promises.

EDIT2: The reputation issue is now fixed. There's definitely no way for me to modify the way the AI reacts to that treaty type, though- it's definitely hardcoded, and there are no possible UI or event workarounds I can use to force a war declaration.
    Thanks for the clarification, looking forward to the next update...

I found some bugs in moors faction( almoravids), in the family tree, at the beginning say that Yusuf ibn Tasufin died peacefully in 1106 but he was married with Rodrigo de Castro(castilians) died in battle in 1138, of course this is a big bug hahaha, also i dont know if is correct the historical family trees of these characters (ibn Tasufin)
    Also for victory conditions have the conquest of all Iberia except Valladolid, Coimbra, Santiago, Burgos and Pamplona... The rest is correct but i think that for victory conditions should conquest all Iberia and maybe even the south of France for simulate the old moor empire
    Also i dont know if is possible make some transitions between Almoravides, Almohads and Nasrids or Zenetes, which were different dynasties and types of army that were in this faction, something similar to what you have done with the Egyptians and their transitions of fatimies, ayyubies and Mamluks ... It could also be created some script of invasion of the lands of southern Africa to simulate the different Berber revolts that were there and not having the game so controlled by that part of the map.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

(Double posted)

I take the opportunity for say some similar to cuman family tree and icons for this steppe factions that have european models, maybe the icons should more asiatic or steppes...same case for mongols
    Last edited by j.a.luna; July 29, 2019 at 02:29 PM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by VineFynn View Post

Since the attack function doesn't work in the diplomacy, how about changing it in the diplomacy interface? In my EBII build I have it as "join the coalition against"

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    I found some bugs in moors faction( almoravids), in the family tree, at the beginning say that Yusuf ibn Tasufin died peacefully in 1106 but he was married with Rodrigo de Castro(castilians) died in battle in 1138, of course this is a big bug hahaha, also i dont know if is correct the historical family trees of these characters (ibn Tasufin)
    While the date of death can be changed unfortunately the cause can't, already dead (at game start) characters only have a default 'dead' entry. Living characters can be killed a variety of ways.

VineFynn's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    Since the attack function doesn't work in the diplomacy, how about changing it in the diplomacy interface? In my EBII build I have it as "join the coalition against"
    I will probably change it to "Promise to attack faction".
    Real life is balanced.

VineFynn's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    (Double posted)

I take the opportunity for say some similar to cuman family tree and icons for this steppe factions that have european models, maybe the icons should more asiatic or steppes...same case for mongols
    When we have the opportunity we will probably use our free culture slot to give the nomads the graphic uniqueness they deserve.

Also for victory conditions have the conquest of all Iberia except Valladolid, Coimbra, Santiago, Burgos and Pamplona... The rest is correct but i think that for victory conditions should conquest all Iberia and maybe even the south of France for simulate the old moor empire
    Also i dont know if is possible make some transitions between Almoravides, Almohads and Nasrids or Zenetes, which were different dynasties and types of army that were in this faction, something similar to what you have done with the Egyptians and their transitions of fatimies, ayyubies and Mamluks ... It could also be created some script of invasion of the lands of southern Africa to simulate the different Berber revolts that were there and not having the game so controlled by that part of the map.
    For victory conditions, we are considering a review of these for a number of factions. No promises that we will necessarily do anything you specifically suggest tho

Regarding dynasty transitions, I agree in principle to what you suggest, but regarding the unit changes.. unless those units are already in the roster, the chances are reduced we could represent significant changes between dynasties in terms of unit composition. We just don't have the room in the EDU for additions of that scale. Honestly I don't like that we get the Fatimids being ruled by Ayyubids mid-game, it makes no sense lol, would prefer we addressed those factions by their core territories (misr, al-andalus).

Berber revolts are definitely feasible, but I don't know when I'll get around to doing them, if ever.
    Last edited by VineFynn; July 30, 2019 at 08:08 AM.
    Real life is balanced.

Aragon apparently has the Silver Surfer-type error with (non-upgraded) Chivalric Foot Knights.
    Screenshot:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Silver Legionary; August 07, 2019 at 10:48 PM.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Noted. Thanks
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Legionary View Post
    Aragon apparently has the Silver Surfer-type error with (non-upgraded) Chivalric Foot Knights.
    I suppose it would take a silver legionary to spot a silver surfer, +1 rep for reporting!

Blog Entries

@Team - do use Bovi's checker to identify silver surfer issues and other model file related issues, and tons of other stuff.

Blog Entries

I've tried it already but when launched, it says nothing wrong
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

Impossible - the graphics_n_units.error log file always finds something. If you get totally empty reports then the checker got hung up on an error.
    In that case add pause under the last line in the checker's BAT file to stop the DOS window from closing and to see the error message. Usually it gets hung up on wrong line counts in the modelDB, eg it's in the line before the error line.

I usually format my modelDB file with Gracul's checker before using Bovi's. Note: Gracul's checker migth crash if you have too many entries in descr_mount, in that case use the vanilla\default file. don't forget to remove it after running Gracul's checker successfully.
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 18, 2019 at 06:48 AM.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the tip Gig. I'll give it another try

Blog Entries

Let me know if you run into issues.

Reason why I use Gracul before Bovi lies in the fact that Bovi also checks for surplus\missing spaces at he end of line in the modelDB file - that can literally be hundreds. And DO NOT use the 'sorted' option when generating a new modeldb file, it has got some pitfalls for the uninitiated.

Last edited by Gigantus; August 18, 2019 at 09:01 AM.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Curious ...
    My last 2 conquests are not counted for my faction. As you can see on these images, the field does not display the land "kingdom of France" and cities taken do not appear in my list!

Is this normal ?

Blog Entries

When you select the garrison\army in those settlements, do you get a large\regular green movement range or is it restricted around the settlement? If it is the latter then it is most likely a double garrison, eg two armies in descr_strat have the same co-ordinates for the settlement.

I am having an unspecified error CTD from the strat map while playing as Serbia. It first occured when I ended my turn, and continues to occur when I try to load the save. I am not using modifications of SSHIP.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    19:48:08.048 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 41850, column 12
    Condition parser doesn't recognise this token: SeverelyWounded
    19:48:08.048 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 41860, column 12
    Condition parser doesn't recognise this token: SeverelyWounded
    19:48:08.048 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 41871, column 12
    Condition parser doesn't recognise this token: Diseased
    19:48:08.048 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 41882, column 12
    Condition parser doesn't recognise this token: Drink
    19:48:08.067 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 9413, column 18
    faction type not recognised
    19:48:08.067 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 9448, column 18
    19:48:08.067 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 9490, column 18
    19:48:08.067 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 9649, column 18
    19:48:23.249 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    19:48:36.538 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.