Page 123 of 126 FirstFirst ... 237398113114115116117118119120121122123124125126 LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 2502

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

  1. #2441
    Lifthrasir's Avatar A Clockwork Orange
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dunkirk - France
    Posts
    11,209
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

    I'll check all these issues once I'm done with the implementation of JoC minimods. That's the priority for nlw to let others devs able to work on their part
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader



  2. #2442
    Gigantus's Avatar The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Modding Emeritus

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Goa - India
    Posts
    46,918
    Blog Entries
    24

    Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

    Between the trace log, bovi's general checker and squid's script checker you can usually reduce crash causes dramatically.



  3. #2443

    Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Wow, that's a substantial number of non fatal errors, apparently all SSHIP based (FLNearCapital is not in the original EDCT). Suggest to attend to them asap before they accumulate into something fatal.

    The crash happens an eternity after germanicus' script got triggered, no way to narrow it down without a trace log (change entry in mod's CFG file), but I guess it could have to do with a script part. Wild guess without the trace log.
    not 100% if this is what you meant if not please let me know
    Attached Files Attached Files

  4. #2444
    Lifthrasir's Avatar A Clockwork Orange
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dunkirk - France
    Posts
    11,209
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

    I've tried Squid's Script Checker but it didn't find any mistake. I'll give atry to Bovi's one
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader



  5. #2445
    Gigantus's Avatar The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Modding Emeritus

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Goa - India
    Posts
    46,918
    Blog Entries
    24

    Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

    It looks like a battle (without prior war state) ended badly, possibly a wipe out of leader and heir (and no one else to inherit) in the same (siege) battle, which leads to a EDCT related crash, see bovi's note: "WhenToTest BecameFactionLeader. This causes crashes when a faction leader dies in the battle when the last faction settlement falls!"
    Code:
    00:03:18.935 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/ui/generic/eventpics/diplomacy_war_declared.tga
    00:03:18.935 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/diplomacy_war_declared.tga
    00:03:18.935 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/diplomacy_war_declared.tga.dds
    00:03:18.935 [system.io] [info] exists:   found data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/diplomacy_war_declared.tga (from: packs/data_3.pack)
    00:03:18.935 [system.io] [trace] file open,,24CBFA90,,not found
    00:03:18.936 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_3.pack,data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/diplomacy_war_declared.tga,217308
    00:03:18.936 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/diplomacy_war_declared.tga (from: packs/data_3.pack)
    00:03:18.936 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/diplomacy_war_declared.tga,,,-217308
    00:03:18.939 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/dead/009.tga
    00:03:18.939 [system.io] [info] exists:   found data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/dead/009.tga (from: packs/data_3.pack)
    00:03:18.939 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/dead/009.tga
    00:03:18.939 [system.io] [info] exists:   found data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/dead/009.tga (from: packs/data_3.pack)
    00:03:18.939 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/dead/009.tga
    00:03:18.939 [system.io] [info] exists:   found data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/dead/009.tga (from: packs/data_3.pack)
    00:03:18.939 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/dead/009.tga
    00:03:18.940 [system.io] [info] exists:   found data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/dead/009.tga (from: packs/data_3.pack)
    This is just a few lines above it:
    Code:
    00:03:18.932 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Venice> fired
    00:03:18.932 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <VeniceCrushed> fired
    Follow up what happens at the script here, it appears to be connected:
    Code:
    00:03:18.895 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <console_command> at line 5563 in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt



  6. #2446
    Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cracovia
    Posts
    2,468

    Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

    Gigantus, what happens if at the start of the game a faction has only FL, but no FH? If the FL dies would a random general named FL?

  7. #2447

    Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

    heres another log in this one i managed to make it to turn 4 before ctd not sure if it will help but i figure more info is always useful
    also is there anything you recommend i do i know basically nothing about modding but willing to dabble
    Attached Files Attached Files

  8. #2448
    Gigantus's Avatar The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Modding Emeritus

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Goa - India
    Posts
    46,918
    Blog Entries
    24

    Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

    Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Gigantus, what happens if at the start of the game a faction has only FL, but no FH? If the FL dies would a random general named FL?
    Nope, that's game over. Either there is already an FH (the first, non FL, family member in descr_strat will automatically be appointed) or there is none, even in a teutonic tree. I remember reading something about parallel family trees (entries in descr_strat not connecting to initial family tree) that might take over in a case like, but can't confirm.

    Quote Originally Posted by mekal View Post
    heres another log in this one i managed to make it to turn 4 before ctd not sure if it will help but i figure more info is always useful
    also is there anything you recommend i do i know basically nothing about modding but willing to dabble
    Very likely the same base:
    Code:
    02:00:39.238 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 4395 in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    02:00:39.238 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <terminate_monitor> at line 4414 in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    02:00:39.238 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0093_Update_Normal_Difficulty> fired
    02:00:39.238 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Venice> fired
    02:00:39.238 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <VeniceCrushed> fired
    Following up in the EDCT (export_descr_character_traits.txt ) what conditions those trigger have could shed some light.
    Last edited by Gigantus; June 28, 2019 at 04:34 AM.



  9. #2449

    Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

    hello, i have installed sship correctly but the game crashes to desktop after the first loading screen. i have added my error log.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  10. #2450
    Lifthrasir's Avatar A Clockwork Orange
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dunkirk - France
    Posts
    11,209
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

    I'll get a look at it and will revert to you asap
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader



  11. #2451
    Lifthrasir's Avatar A Clockwork Orange
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dunkirk - France
    Posts
    11,209
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

    Looks like the installation went wrong.
    1. Can you confirm you have downloaded all files as per the installation instructions?



    2. wWhere is your original game installed?

    3. What path have you specified during the installation of SSHIP?

    Another way to install SSHIP is to have a clean install of SS6.3 plus SS6.4.
    Run SS setup as per instructions (early era, savage AI,etc...)
    Then, run SSHIP installer but extrzct the files into a temporary folder.
    Merged the obtained data folder with the one located in your SS6.3 folder.
    SSHIP v0.9.5 cwill be then installed on top of it.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; July 04, 2019 at 02:49 PM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader



  12. #2452
    Gigantus's Avatar The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Modding Emeritus

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Goa - India
    Posts
    46,918
    Blog Entries
    24

    Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

    Start by NOT using the 'americas' method to run a mod for Steam, check here for the correct procedure to install Stainless Steel, including how to make it (and every following mod) Steam compatible.



  13. #2453
    Lifthrasir's Avatar A Clockwork Orange
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dunkirk - France
    Posts
    11,209
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

    Ah, that's where that "america" came from. I've been wondering why it was appearing in his log. Hence my questions about the game location
    The link of your tuto is also given in the OP. May be I should copy it in the Installation Instructions as well
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader



  14. #2454

    Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

    Regarding Custom Battles:

    - The Portuguese have access to the following units only when selecting All Periods: Light Men at Arms, Arbalest Militia, Crossbowmen, Urban Crossbow Militia, Halberd Militia, Merchant Cavalry Militia and Basilisk.

    - Every point in Armor Upgrade makes the units cost 100% more in regards to their base value, but 1 of these upgraded units cannot win against 2, 3 or 4 (depending on the number of upgrades) of the same unit with no upgrades.

    - When pitching 1 unit of Tabardatiyya (871 Florins) vs. 1 unit of Halberdiers (915 Florins) or 1 unit of Portuguese Foot Knights (1033 Florins), the Tabardatiyya unit always win in a Grassy Plain scenario.

  15. #2455
    Lifthrasir's Avatar A Clockwork Orange
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dunkirk - France
    Posts
    11,209
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

    We haven't worked on the Customs Battles. Priority is given to the campaign for now
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; July 06, 2019 at 02:42 PM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader



  16. #2456
    Lifthrasir's Avatar A Clockwork Orange
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dunkirk - France
    Posts
    11,209
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    It looks like a battle (without prior war state) ended badly, possibly a wipe out of leader and heir (and no one else to inherit) in the same (siege) battle, which leads to a EDCT related crash, see bovi's note: "WhenToTest BecameFactionLeader. This causes crashes when a faction leader dies in the battle when the last faction settlement falls!"
    Code:
    00:03:18.935 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/ui/generic/eventpics/diplomacy_war_declared.tga
    00:03:18.935 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/diplomacy_war_declared.tga
    00:03:18.935 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/diplomacy_war_declared.tga.dds
    00:03:18.935 [system.io] [info] exists:   found data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/diplomacy_war_declared.tga (from: packs/data_3.pack)
    00:03:18.935 [system.io] [trace] file open,,24CBFA90,,not found
    00:03:18.936 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_3.pack,data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/diplomacy_war_declared.tga,217308
    00:03:18.936 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/diplomacy_war_declared.tga (from: packs/data_3.pack)
    00:03:18.936 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/diplomacy_war_declared.tga,,,-217308
    00:03:18.939 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/dead/009.tga
    00:03:18.939 [system.io] [info] exists:   found data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/dead/009.tga (from: packs/data_3.pack)
    00:03:18.939 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/dead/009.tga
    00:03:18.939 [system.io] [info] exists:   found data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/dead/009.tga (from: packs/data_3.pack)
    00:03:18.939 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/dead/009.tga
    00:03:18.939 [system.io] [info] exists:   found data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/dead/009.tga (from: packs/data_3.pack)
    00:03:18.939 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/dead/009.tga
    00:03:18.940 [system.io] [info] exists:   found data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/dead/009.tga (from: packs/data_3.pack)
    This is just a few lines above it:
    Code:
    00:03:18.932 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Venice> fired
    00:03:18.932 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <VeniceCrushed> fired
    Follow up what happens at the script here, it appears to be connected:
    Code:
    00:03:18.895 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <console_command> at line 5563 in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    I'm currently trying to fix the reported issues in SSHIP for the next release. Regarding the issue reported above, the faulty line mentioned in the script (#5563) is as follow (the red part):
    Code:
    monitor_event CharacterTurnStart CharacterIsLocal
            and Trait ArmyCost > 0
    
            console_command add_money -1000
    
        end_monitor
    I can't see the relation with Venice
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader



  17. #2457

    Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

    Found more units that have non-existent/out of date entries in the EDSUV.txt
    These units need updated entries and also need 'accent Arabic' added to their EDU.txt entry so that they're properly voiced for all factions:
    Berber Archers/Berber Javelinmen/Berber Light Cavalry(should update from Desert to Berber)
    African Archers/African Spearmen(should update from Nubian to African)
    African Javelinmen/African Tribal Warriors(should update from Sudanese to African)
    Lamtuna Spearmen just need the EDU entry update. '

    These units have no entries in the EDSUV at all:
    Caballeros Villanos/Hidalgos/Axe Militia/Prussian Archers/Men At Arms/Foot Men At Arms
    Axe and Sword Mailed Foot Knights/Miles/Miles Pedites/Norman Serjeants/Fyrd Spearmen.
    I think Heavy Turkopole archers, Berber Pikemen, and the Georgian units might have nothing in there either.

    And that's all I've found for now.
    Last edited by Silver Legionary; July 13, 2019 at 02:46 AM.

  18. #2458
    Lifthrasir's Avatar A Clockwork Orange
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dunkirk - France
    Posts
    11,209
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

    I'll check them. Many thanks for listing them.
    Btw, do you use an english version of the game or not?
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader



  19. #2459

    Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

    Don't remember if it was a result of me messing around in export_descr_guilds, but building buildings in the stable and tourney line doesn't actually seem to increase points for the Horse Breeder's guild.

  20. #2460
    Lifthrasir's Avatar A Clockwork Orange
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dunkirk - France
    Posts
    11,209
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

    I need to check but for sure some guilds mechanics seem to be broken somehow
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader



Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •