Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

The battle map near to my spy (with the bridge) has a bug. Unable to deploy my units that are below ground level.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Can you point where exactly? Thanks.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Marplatense's Avatar Libertus

That city is Malatya/Melitene. To the south is Edessa, north Sivas, to west Sis.

Blog Entries

I know
    What I want is a mark on the pic kostic has posted to locate precisely the area. Or, at least a confirmation (or not) that the issue is where the merchant is
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Yo, weird issue here. 0.9.5 crashes on startup every time, SS6.3, 6.4, and SSHIP 0.9.2 all work perfectly though. I tried running it at every step, but it's exactly when I merge the 0.9.5 data folder in that it starts crashing.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

02:02:31.236 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_middle_eastern_level_5' in database

02:02:31.236 [data.invalid] [error] Could not find aerial map 'settlement_middle_eastern_level_6' in database

02:02:31.712 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 343, column 1
    Could not find battle model for mount 'Mount_order_Mailed_Horse'.
    02:02:31.713 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 358, column 1
    Could not find battle model for mount 'Mount_order_Mailed_Horse2'.
    02:02:32.418 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 648, column 18
    Unrecognised mount type 'barded horse marka'.
    02:02:32.418 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_unit.txt.

^ It goes on like this for every settlement type from 1-6, FWIW.

Thanks for any help.

Blog Entries

Strange
    If v0.9.2 works, merging v0.9.5 shouldn't be a problem. Try to download v0.9.5 again and see if it works. Your current download might have been corrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    I know
    What I want is a mark on the pic kostic has posted to locate precisely the area. Or, at least a confirmation (or not) that the issue is where the merchant is
    The map with the bridge. Under my spy. My pic give the area.

Blog Entries

Where the HRE army is?

No. The battle map with the bridge. Under my spy. I don't have a screenshot about but you can believe me !

Blog Entries

Ah, I got it
    You mean that the slopes on each side of the bridge are too steep to deploy the army. That's probably due to the map heigh that needs further adlustment.

Yes !

I found some minor bugs and maybe you can fix for the next big version...
    -all georgian units dont have the quality and type descriptions, for example georgian horse archers should be quality: average, type: local...
    -i think that roads highways should be for eastern roman empire and rome, georgian faction have this type of roads...
    -muttatawi unit(muslims factions) dont have the quality and type description
    -castille and leon faction should be called "castilians" instead of "leoneses", castilians is the generic term for spanish people in all middle ages and onwards...
    -andalusian archers and mercenary crossbowmen have 0 shield and when they fight with little swords they use their shields, should have some point of shield
    - i think that some prices of recruitment cost for mercenaries are very expensive, for example alanis and armenian nakarar cavalry cost aprox 7000...maybe is not balanced...
    -georgian peasant unit dont have pic... I hope that peasant units will be removed in general...
    -italian trade headquarters dont have pic( in constantinople)and they could provides of marinae units and urban crossbow units( representing the italians units)
    Same case for italian ports( pisa,venice,rome and sicily) you should recruit marinae in this ports.
    -make more variety of mercenaries in different regions if is possible, for example make slavic spearmen or eastern spearmen for oriental factions as poland, hungary, rus...
    Same case for muslims but with swords units( for balanced due to muslims have many spearmen units in their unit roster) make sword medium units as mercenaries in muslims lands...( This is for balanced the game)
    - Exist 2 types of buildings that almost never is used and also dont have pictures in their descriptions, maybe you can obtain two slots more for new common buildings as jewish neighborhoods( represent jewish in middle ages) or other buildings that you look necessary. This two buildings are Stewards house( absolute monarchy) and independent court of law( constitutional monarchy) i never seen this in game...
    -grasslands for cumans and mongols dont have pictures and also this could be improve in the game with better transitions and explain better in the description what happen if you build this( your city dont grow)
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

See yourself the 2 revolts that have driven my armies from these 2 cities:

Revolt 1

Revolt 2

Should not revolts be composed mainly of peasants ? Or at least more credible armies than these masses of crossbowmen or riders ?

I do not know the files that make up these armies but if someone tells me how to do it I would be really grateful !
    Last edited by kostic; May 10, 2019 at 10:17 AM.

Blog Entries

Not sure that the AI can be influenced that way. I think it might be related to the priority of recruitment in the EDU
    Need to check.

GreedBC's Avatar Laetus

It seems I am not the only person to have a crash on startup using the 0.9.5 version. I also tried to re-download multiple times to no avail

I think I know why, probably because it needs to have the 0.9.2 installed first. Right?
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; May 06, 2019 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Merged for clarity

Blog Entries

Yes, you need to install v0.9.2 and then v0.9.5 on top of it

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    See yourself the 2 revolts that have driven my armies from these 2 cities:

Revolt 1

Revolt 2

Should not revolts be composed mainly of peasants ? Or at least more credible armies than these masses of crossbowmen or riders ?

I do not know the files that make up these armies but if someone tells me how to do it I would be really grateful !
    Not sure that the AI can be influenced that way. I think it might be related to the priority of recruitment in the EDU
    Need to check.

I do not see anything in the EDU that can be such armies. Should not we look at the script side?

Blog Entries

I was referring to the recruitment priority

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    I was referring to the recruitment priority
    where in the EDU ? Can you give me a example ?

Blog Entries

Last line of each unit: recruit_priority_offset
    It gives the priority of recruitment for the AI. It might help. Not sure through

A script won't be a good solution as we try to keep it as light as possible to not increase the duration of the AI turns.