Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

anyone else crash at beginning of game when starting an high/late game sicily campaign? you can scroll around the map but nothing is spawned/created and the game just acts like it's loading, i've left it for an hour and it does nothing. no other faction has this problem as far as i can tell. doesn't happen early game

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

are you running a submod?
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    The late era was just an alpha version done by MWY and yes, there's still a lot of issues in it.
    But as MWY is inactive for a year, more or less, don't expect any change in it within a short time period.
    In addition, I think I'm gonna remove it. It causes too many problems and I don't have time to focuse on it now.

PS: no point to post the same issue in different threads (like here)
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; February 19, 2019 at 06:03 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Hi can anyone help please i am playing has England and don't have any Siege Buildings is that normal?

Blog Entries

Ballistas and catapults have been removed. For the others, if I remember correctly, they're tied to some events.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quick question, are the huge differences in sec atk on cavalry intended, like feudal getting 7 english 6 noble 14 and lancers 13?

Blog Entries

The idea is to represent the difference of quality for their equipement and training. However, some adjustments are still required in the EDU about the units stats. But I'd like to fix the animations first because they impact the stats somehow as well.

The idea is to represent the difference of quality for their equipement and training. However, some adjustments are still required in the EDU about the units stats. But I'd like to fix the animations first because they impact the stats somehow as well.
    The attack animation speed, right? (longer animation = larger chance to be interrupted = worse).

There's also lethality which I think is used. These two hidden variables are sort of annoying when a "low attack" unit ends up being more effective than you'd expect or vice versa. Reminds me of that evil two-handed weapon thing in vanilla.

Blog Entries

Nope, I really meant the animations themselves, not the stats in the EDU
    As pointed by the past, the unit attack rank by rank while they used to try surrounding the enemy unit. There are other weird reactions that have been fixed with custom animations. I just need to implement them.
    Once this is done, then I can "play" with the stats as you mentioned
    I haven't tested the new version of RR/RC released by PointBlank but I think it can be a good basis for that 2nd part of the job

Greetings,

Bit of a lame topic for my first post in the forum, but i've encontoured a pesky CTD and I can't seem to get past it.

First, it happens during the AI's turn (first time was on Bizancium's turn, next try was on Portugal's). The log error shows the same, trigger errors involving mainly agents.

I'm using Windows 10, Steam version and the only minimod active is Jurand of Cracow's GTCS, but as far as Ive read it only affects traits and ancillaries and shouldnt cause CTDs.

Using toggle_fow shows that the errors occur after a normal AI Captain finishes moving, tried relocating those captains, same CTD occurs. Went back 1 turn before and did some things differently, but still the CTD occurs.
    Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries

First of all, welcome along these forums.
    Now regarding this issue, I'll have a look at it and will let you know if I find something.

Thanks for the quick reply, but it seems that the CTD is indeed due to Jurand's minimod. I installed another SSHIP instance so i could get "backups" of the files modified by the submod. After replacing those with the originals the CTD doesn't occur anymore.

Might be something related to the Crusade/Jihad mechanic, this CTD in particular happened 1 turn after a Crusade against Rum ended, but previously a CTD with the same logs happened during Sicily's turn after a Jihad against a Sicilian city at the north of Africa (this i could get past going back 2 turns and doings things different)
    As all the traits and ancillaries are messed up in my save, no other solution that scraping that campaign and start anew

Greetings and Salutations...

I would dearly LOVE to play this mod but I am getting CTD on the v0.9.5 splash screen. l have moved steam out of program files and have a fresh install of SS6.3 to which l added the SS6.4 patch and tried a quick battle and it worked . l then added 1.27 bug fix and after a few teething problems ( l had to re-patch with 6.4) that worked also. However once l put sship v0.9.2 on top (merging data file method) ,she CTD on splash screen. l hoped putting v0.9.5 on top (same method) would fix it,but alas no. l am running setup as administrator ,done the windows 7 compatability thing with run as administrator and l have read over 100 pages of posts, some in russian ( tired of translating cyrillic) and l am getting nowhere.
    I have this log
    16:11:28.127 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    16:11:28.127 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    16:11:28.127 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    16:11:28.127 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    16:11:28.127 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    16:11:28.127 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    16:11:28.127 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    16:11:28.127 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    16:11:33.623 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 168, column 32
    Invalid ownership type 'rum' found in unit 'baghlah'.
    16:11:33.623 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_unit.txt.

This is my first post EVER in any form so l hope l have done this right...
    I followed GIG's installation instructions best l could however he did mention at some point a file with string.bin files or something ,that is the only thing that l have not added

any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyg View Post
    Greetings and Salutations...

I would dearly LOVE to play this mod but I am getting CTD on the v0.9.5 splash screen. l have moved steam out of program files and have a fresh install of SS6.3 to which l added the SS6.4 patch and tried a quick battle and it worked . l then added 1.27 bug fix and after a few teething problems ( l had to re-patch with 6.4) that worked also. However once l put sship v0.9.2 on top (merging data file method) ,she CTD on splash screen. l hoped putting v0.9.5 on top (same method) would fix it,but alas no. l am running setup as administrator ,done the windows 7 compatability thing with run as administrator and l have read over 100 pages of posts, some in russian ( tired of translating cyrillic) and l am getting nowhere.
    I have this log
    16:11:28.127 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    16:11:28.127 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    16:11:28.127 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    16:11:28.127 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    16:11:28.127 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    16:11:28.127 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    16:11:28.127 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    16:11:28.127 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    16:11:33.623 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 168, column 32
    Invalid ownership type 'rum' found in unit 'baghlah'.
    16:11:33.623 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_unit.txt.

This is my first post EVER in any form so l hope l have done this right...
    I followed GIG's installation instructions best l could however he did mention at some point a file with string.bin files or something ,that is the only thing that l have not added

any assistance would be greatly appreciated
    Sounds like a problem with descr_sm_factions.txr, in that file do you have a faction named rum?

Blog Entries

You have obviously run the SS setup again after having intalled SSHIP.
    You can try to re-install SSHIP on top of it but I won't guarantee it will work. In the worst case, re-install SS6.3 and SS6.4. Run the setup as per the installation instructions and then install SSHIP on top of it. Don't ever run the SS setup again as it replaces some of the SSHIP files by the original SS ones. Hence your ctd

Hello, after a few months of not playing the mod actively, i saw that 0.95 is ready.

Took a quick look and saw that the Crowns are wrong, example Serbia:

Trigger crown_serbia
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd
    Condition IsFactionLeader
    and EndedInSettlement
    and FactionType serbia
    and I_SettlementOwner Ras = teutonic_order
    and I_SettlementOwner Thessalonica = teutonic_order
    and I_SettlementOwner Nis = teutonic_order
    and I_SettlementOwner Arta = teutonic_order
    and I_SettlementOwner Ragusa = teutonic_order
    and I_SettlementOwner Skadar = teutonic_order
    and I_SettlementOwner Dyrrachium = teutonic_order
    and I_SettlementOwner Sredets = teutonic_order -> This settlement doesnt exist on the map (unless im blind)

Anyways, im curious and wanted to ask why the crowns stuff isnt done as a whole part, it doesnt seem to be that time consuming to me (i edit those very often depending on the faction i play).

Despite everything above stated -> Thumbs up, i love your work as much as i love this game.

Blog Entries

Simply because We haven't really worked on them

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Impossible to play this battle. Here is attached all the associated system.log as you asked me Lifth.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries

@ kostic, can you confirm that you're using the last version of SSHIP without any submod installed?

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

@ kostic, can you confirm that you're using the last version of SSHIP without any submod installed?
    I only use my sub-mod. And yes, i use SSHIP 0.9.5. It mainly modifies the files concerning the models of units, a little bit the EDU.
    That's all.

The battle that does not pass is a defense of Jerusalem with an army reinforcement. As soon as I approach the camera with these reinforcements, the game crashes. However, it does not come from a unity bug because the same army in another fight does not crash the game.

Later...

I do not understand. I just retry the same battle today and it goes without crashing the game!
    Yet yesterday I did 4 attempts, even one restarting my PC ! ...
    Last edited by kostic; March 19, 2019 at 04:18 AM. Reason: New test