Page 11 of 305 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213661111 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Thanks for the feedback.

There's a special formula for unit costs and upkeep, which icon created. It might seem strange sometimes, but there's a reasonable system behind it. For the next patch, I've adjusted that formula to be less confusing.

City population is on purpose. Historically, cordoba was around 40k and declining, the other ones were rising. We are limited in adjusting growth rates though.

Lord Baratheon's Avatar Decanus

I've really been enjoying this submod, but I've recently came across a weird bug. I'm playing as the Sultanate of Rum and am on turn 60 or so. Every time I end turn 61 all of my mercenary and non-faction troops disappear without reason. Something I have noticed is that it always happens when the Seljuk Empire are having their turn. Really enjoyed this campaign and I would hate to restart. Any ideas?
    Remember, remember, the third of september, the Rome II treason and plot. I know of no reason why pre-order treason should ever be forgot.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by temporaryaccount View Post
    Here is my entire log, located directly in the SS6.3 folder

20:37:02.050 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    20:37:02.051 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Aug 3 2007 version bld-medieval2-kingdoms-104 (45562) ===
    20:37:02.093 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    20:37:02.187 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    20:37:02.295 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    20:37:02.359 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    20:37:02.420 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    20:37:02.467 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    Unfortunately and as expected, it doesn't say much. Let's start from the beginning. Regarding the SS6.4 installation:
    Are you using a Steam version of M2TW + Kingdoms? If yes, check this post.
    Have you followed the steps mentioned in this post when installing SS6.4?
    Once SS6.4 installed, can you confirm that you have run the setup, choosing Early era and Savage AI?
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; October 06, 2014 at 03:05 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baratheon View Post
    I've really been enjoying this submod, but I've recently came across a weird bug. I'm playing as the Sultanate of Rum and am on turn 60 or so. Every time I end turn 61 all of my mercenary and non-faction troops disappear without reason. Something I have noticed is that it always happens when the Seljuk Empire are having their turn. Really enjoyed this campaign and I would hate to restart. Any ideas?
    When they disappeared, were they inside or outside your settlement? If outside, was it a captain or a general leading them? What traits your faction leader has?
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    When they disappeared, were they inside or outside your settlement? If outside, was it a captain or a general leading them? What traits your faction leader has?
    Both groups of the mercenaries were inside either of my 2 main armies at each end of my empire. Both armies were in settlements that turn. Both led by generals, one of whom was my faction leader. My faction leader has max dread and authority. Though one thing I noticed is that all my generals have the "leader pays no attention trait"
    Remember, remember, the third of september, the Rome II treason and plot. I know of no reason why pre-order treason should ever be forgot.

There's a script deleting mercenaries when AI factions have too much negativ income. To get them positive again without cheating too much. I probably messed rum and the seljuks up. Will be fixed (I think) for the next upcoming patch though.

Ha, it worked. I suppose I'll have to keep the seljuks from going broke if I wanna keep the campaign going. Oh well, just one small bug. Still a great submod

Unfortunately and as expected, it doesn't say much. Let's start from the beginning. Regarding the SS6.4 installation:
    Are you using a Steam version of M2TW + Kingdoms? If yes, check this post.
    Have you followed the steps mentioned in this post when installing SS6.4?
    Once SS6.4 installed, can you confirm that you have run the setup, choosing Early era and Savage AI?

I am not running a steam version of either game.
    Yes, i have followed the 6.4 setup instructions.
    When I run the campaign setup, I can confirm that I have selected only earl era and savage ai, nothing else. The program runs and then displays the message that it has successfully setup the campaign.

Blog Entries

May be a silly request but once you have unzip your "SSHIP v0.8.2 - full install", can you check the property and tell me the size and how many files/folders you have?
    Can you confirm that you didn't run the SS setup again after to have installed SSHIP?

Edit: Check that the "Disable Real Recruitment" is unticked (no cross). If I remember correctly, it causes issues when ticked.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; October 07, 2014 at 08:48 AM.

May be a silly request but once you have unzip your "SSHIP v0.8.2 - full install", can you check the property and tell me the size and how many files/folders you have?
    Can you confirm that you didn't run the SS setup again after to have installed SSHIP?

Edit: Check that the "Disable Real Recruitment" is unticked (no cross). If I remember correctly, it causes issues when ticked.
    I never play w/o RR/RC so I never tick it. It is always unticked. I'm also very cautious about not running the setup after installing SSHIP.

Within the "data" folder of .82 I have the following folders/files: AIsets1-5, banners, campaign, loading screen, menu, models_strat, sounds, terrain, text, ui, unit_models, unit_sprites, world, and 29 files such as configure_ai_battle, description_campaign, etc.

Sorry for the late reply, I have been busy. I appreciate your help.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Installation help

Going back through your messages, I found this:
    Quote Originally Posted by temporaryaccount View Post
    ...installed SSHIP .exe into the /mods/SS6.3/SSHIP folder...
    Which SSHIP have you downloaded? the v0.8.0 + v0.8.1 + v0.8.2? Or the zip file named "SSHIP v0.8.2 - full install"?
    As far as I remember, there's no SSHIP.exe except if you have downloaded the v0.8.0 (which is an installer but it doesn't work properly sometimes).

I recommend to download the "SSHIP v0.8.2 - full install". Unzip it in a temporary folder and merge the data folder with the one located in your SS6.3 folder.

GenoveseInquisitor's Avatar Foederatus

Windows 8.1
    SSHIP 0.8.2
    Nordoms 1 Settlement

Constant CTD on the turn of Rus, only on their turn and I have no idea why.

I've attached the system.log and an image of the CTD.

Anyone have any ideas? Need any more info?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CTD image.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries

My guess is that there's something with Nordom 1 Settlement Type but I might be wrong.
    Have you modified your config file in order to get a more detailed log (see 1st post for the link)?

Apologies, here is the system.log having added level=*script* trace to the .cfg file.

There's a lot more stuff on there now, I've attached the whole file as I've no real clue as to what it all means. There's a lot lines ending with 'fired'.

The last few lines are below:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

09:47:43.321 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_counter> at line 3427 in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    09:47:43.322 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <freeze_kievan_rus> = 1
    09:47:43.322 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0093_Update_Normal_Difficulty> fired
    09:47:43.322 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Kievan_Rus> fired
    09:47:43.322 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Kievan_RusAI> fired
    09:47:43.322 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Kievan_RusBig> fired
    09:47:43.322 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Kievan_RusHuge> fired
    09:47:43.322 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Kievan_RusCrushed> fired
    09:47:43.322 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0083b_Update_Allies> fired
    09:47:43.322 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0084b_Update_Enemies> fired
    09:47:43.322 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0085_Update_Religion> fired
    09:47:43.322 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0108_Update_Untrustworthy_Factions_Minor> fired
    09:47:43.322 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0049_P_Normalise_Non_catholic> fired
    09:47:43.322 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Global_DecreaseOverTime> fired
    09:47:43.322 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Theologians_No_Guild_Bonus> fired
    09:47:43.322 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Masons_No_Guild_Bonus> fired
    09:47:43.322 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Assassins_No_Guild_Bonus> fired
    09:47:43.322 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Swordsmiths_No_Guild_Bonus> fired
    09:47:43.322 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Woodsmens_No_Guild_Bonus> fired
    09:47:43.322 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <HorseBreeders_No_Guild_Bonus> fired

Blog Entries

Sorry Mate, I can't find what's wrong.
    Can you try this in your mods defaut .cfg file:

[log]
    to = mods/SS6.3/system.log.txt
    level =* trace

... and send me your log again?

I'd try to turn off the Fog of War and see what exactly the Kievan Rus are doing when it CTD's.
    If they're attacking something, or engaging in diplomacy with someone, try moving the character performing the action to somewhere else on the map.

Example: Captain John is attacking some Rebels just before the CTD. In that case try this;

Before ending your turn, open the Console, point on the map where you want to move Captain John. Then type show_cursorstat in the console. It should return the coordinates of where your mouse is pointing, i.e 120,255.
    The type move_character "Captain John" 120,255

Now Captain John should be unable to attack said rebels. This might prevent the CTD.

Blog Entries

Many thanks PerXX for the advice. I always forget that trick

Thanks Perxx and Lifthrasir, I'll have another look tonight and get back to.As I recall it looked like it CTD during or just after two armies were merging.. But I'll confirm that soon.

EDIT: It worked! Just moved the offending general 'Sirfrid', or something like that, to the other side of the map and it didn't CTD that turn.

I've added the system.log file with the level =* trace line for your benefits in case the cause can be found.
    Last edited by GenoveseInquisitor; October 10, 2014 at 01:09 PM.

Default Re: Installation help

Going back through your messages, I found this:

Which SSHIP have you downloaded? the v0.8.0 + v0.8.1 + v0.8.2? Or the zip file named "SSHIP v0.8.2 - full install"?
    As far as I remember, there's no SSHIP.exe except if you have downloaded the v0.8.0 (which is an installer but it doesn't work properly sometimes).

I recommend to download the "SSHIP v0.8.2 - full install". Unzip it in a temporary folder and merge the data folder with the one located in your SS6.3 folder.
    I use the SSHIP v0.8.2 full install, and extract just as you've said. I may just do a clean install of med 2+kingdoms, SS, etc this weekend.

i've found out why i always CTD when try to fight with bringing a trebuchet

17 ne_trebuchet_crew
    1 1
    54 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/ne_crew_lod0.mesh 6400
    7 england
    79 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/gs_Peasant_Padded_england.texture
    78 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/gs_Peasant_Padded_normal.texture
    45 unit_sprites/england_Dummy_NE_Crew_sprite.spr
    6 norway
    78 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/gs_Peasant_Padded_norway.texture
    78 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/gs_Peasant_Padded_normal.texture
    44 unit_sprites/norway_Dummy_NE_Crew_sprite.spr
    8 scotland
    80 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/gs_Peasant_Padded_scotland.texture
    46 unit_sprites/scotland_Dummy_NE_Crew_sprite.spr
    6 france
    78 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/gs_Peasant_Padded_france.texture
    44 unit_sprites/france_Dummy_NE_Crew_sprite.spr
    3 hre
    75 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/gs_Peasant_Padded_hre.texture
    41 unit_sprites/hre_Dummy_NE_Crew_sprite.spr
    14 teutonic_order
    80 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/gs_Peasant_Padded_teutonic.texture
    7 denmark
    79 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/gs_Peasant_Padded_denmark.texture
    45 unit_sprites/denmark_Dummy_NE_Crew_sprite.spr
    5 spain
    77 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/gs_Peasant_Padded_spain.texture
    43 unit_sprites/spain_Dummy_NE_Crew_sprite.spr
    8 portugal
    80 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/gs_Peasant_Padded_portugal.texture
    46 unit_sprites/portugal_Dummy_NE_Crew_sprite.spr
    4 pisa
    77 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/gs_Peasant_Padded_milan.texture
    43 unit_sprites/milan_Dummy_NE_Crew_sprite.spr
    6 venice
    78 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/gs_Peasant_Padded_venice.texture
    44 unit_sprites/venice_Dummy_NE_Crew_sprite.spr
    12 papal_states
    84 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/gs_Peasant_Padded_papal_states.texture
    50 unit_sprites/papal_states_Dummy_NE_Crew_sprite.spr
    6 sicily
    78 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/gs_Peasant_Padded_sicily.texture
    44 unit_sprites/sicily_Dummy_NE_Crew_sprite.spr
    6 aragon
    79 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/gs_Peasant_Padded_england.texture
    45 unit_sprites/normans_Dummy_NE_Crew_sprite.spr
    9 byzantium
    77 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/gs_Peasant_Padded_fland.texture
    10 kievan_rus
    77 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/gs_Peasant_Padded_fland.texture
    6 russia
    80 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/gs_Peasant_Padded_scotland.texture
    7 hungary
    6 poland
    9 lithuania
    78 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/gs_Peasant_Padded_norway.texture
    8 timurids
    78 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/gs_Peasant_Padded_fland.texture
    5 slave
    78 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/gs_Peasant_Padded_rebels.texture
    bold=a typo, it should written as 77 instead of 78