Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

I started a new English campaign to try things out, on VH/VH with Tmodelsk Submod.

The family tree looks ok, no family members not appearing on the Family tree like it was the case with France and Aragon.

However, during the assault on Caerenavon, this happened: (It also happened in my French campaign during the siege on Gand, but didn't witness this during my Aragon campaign which I played for many turns)
    This graphics glitch happens when units are fighting on the walls.
    I remember witnessing something similar maybe once or twice playiog SS6.4 or DLV BB I don't remember.

When I zoom out of the walls where the glitch happened, it goes back to normal. It only appears when I approach the zone with the camera.
    I have the graphics set on high for buildings, units (large size) and effects, while it is medium on grass and vegetation.

Could it be my graphics card?

Last edited by Der Böse Wolf; July 19, 2018 at 06:58 PM.
    Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Issue already reported several times. This is due to the peasant archers.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Will there be a fix for this?
    Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

Blog Entries

Working on it. However, as it seems that it's the only unit creating that kind of trouble and considering its removal as unhistorical somehow, I won't probably spend time on it as it will be solved automatically if the later option is choosen
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Hello! I just recently installed your mod, and it went on just fine! Even moved my files out of Program Files and everything. That is up until I realized there was something off in the High Era/Late Times. I tried to play as Sicily but there were no regions under my control, I just started at the corner of the map. Palermo, Naples, Bari and Reggio di Calabria were controlled by the HRE. What's up with that? Are there any issues like that with other factions?

Blog Entries

That version is still a beta one. It's probably full of mistakes and issues.

UPDATE! I just read the description of High Era Campaign and it does say that southernmost part of Italy fell under the control of the HRE, so it was no accident! But if that's the case, how come I can select the faction at the beginning? Weird!

Ah, it's a beta? Is it still being worked on or was it abandoned?

Blog Entries

I'd say on hiatus. MWY was workig on it but he's been inactive for a while now. It's already enough difficult for me to get free time to work on the early era. So I won't work on that era for now and for sure.

dlcatalin's Avatar Civis

Icon4 Bug that sucked me out of 200k monies so far

I'm playing as Byzantium, i'm over 200 turns into the game i think, and i just noticed that lvl 2 Mines and Food Administration buildings are automatically taken off the build queue after 3-4 turns of building and i don't get a refund when that happens. I kept getting a deja vu when building my provinces, something in the back of my mind was telling me that i've built mines in this garbage province like 10 times so far, as soon as i noticed the same thing happening with Food Admin building i kept my eyes on Thesallonika every turn and yep, after 4 turns the building process stops but i don't get a refund. I think i wasted way over 200.000 monies so far. Lucky the "process_cq SETTLEMENTNAME" console command still works so i can built those buildings, but it breaks immersion.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Bug that sucked me out of 200k monies so far

I've never managed to build Food Administration in the SSHIP. No idea why. I don't have any recollection on the Mines.

Blog Entries

How many buildings are in the queue?
    Which settlement is concerned? 1 specifically or any of them? At what level is it (or are they)?

Default Re: Bug that sucked me out of 200k monies so far

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I've never managed to build Food Administration in the SSHIP. No idea why. I don't have any recollection on the Mines.
    I have also encountered this same issue with Food Administration playing as Papal States, mysteriously disappears from cq after a few turns, not sure about the mines.

Blog Entries

^^ Thanks for thr info

dlcatalin's Avatar Civis

Food Administration vanishes from queue from Thesallonika, the town is close to the 80k population final upgrade.
    Mines lvl 2 dissapears from that castle that used to be Serbia's capital, Ras maybe? The castle is at Citadel level.
    Mines also dissapeared from another province that i took from Serbia, i don't remember the name, mines lvl2 also dissapeared from a province in northern Anatolia where Trebizont kingdom used to be, i don't remember if that is the actual name of the region in the game. That was stone wall level.

In most of the provinces it builds just fine.

I always have just 1 building in the building queue.

Blog Entries

Mines were already built or just the in queue?

In all my campaigns as the Romans (only barbarians call them Byzantines!!) I was never able to recruit mighty Varangians because there wasn't any building to enable their recruitment.

Is this a bug or is this just intentional?.

Blog Entries

I'm not sure
    MWY has made a lot of features of that kind and it might be intentional, meaning that you need to build several specific buildings f.e.
    I need to check.

Should be available from the Mercenary Barracks level III in Miklagard.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

mercenary_barracks3 requires factions { byzantium, } and hidden_resource capital
    {
    capability
    {
    recruit_pool "Skythikoi" 0.5 0.25 2 0 requires factions { byzantium, }
    recruit_pool "Varangian Guard" 0.5 0.11 1 1 requires factions { byzantium, } and hidden_resource capital
    recruit_pool "Alamanoi" 0.5 0.08 1 0 requires factions { byzantium, } and event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1
    recruit_pool "Latinikon" 0.5 0.12 1 0 requires factions { byzantium, }

law_bonus bonus -4
    law_bonus bonus 1 requires event_counter is_the_ai 3 and not event_counter is_the_ai 4
    law_bonus bonus 2 requires event_counter is_the_ai 4
    }
    material stone
    construction 12
    cost 6000
    settlement_min large_city

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Should be available from the Mercenary Barracks level III in Miklagard.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

mercenary_barracks3 requires factions { byzantium, } and hidden_resource capital
    {
    capability
    {
    recruit_pool "Skythikoi" 0.5 0.25 2 0 requires factions { byzantium, }
    recruit_pool "Varangian Guard" 0.5 0.11 1 1 requires factions { byzantium, } and hidden_resource capital
    recruit_pool "Alamanoi" 0.5 0.08 1 0 requires factions { byzantium, } and event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1
    recruit_pool "Latinikon" 0.5 0.12 1 0 requires factions { byzantium, }

law_bonus bonus -4
    law_bonus bonus 1 requires event_counter is_the_ai 3 and not event_counter is_the_ai 4
    law_bonus bonus 2 requires event_counter is_the_ai 4
    }
    material stone
    construction 12
    cost 6000
    settlement_min large_city
    That's not what the game is showing.

For me, the only recruitable units in that building are :

Skythikon.
    Saxon Huscarls.
    Latinikon.

And in level three I still can't recruit Varangians, just the same units with the Huscarls gaining 1 level of experience.

I'd assume Huskarls are Varangian Guards. Otherwise - where they'd come from?
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; August 26, 2018 at 08:38 AM.