Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Hello, I am currently playing as Scotland on VH/VH, and I found a bug with the battle map that corresponds to the square to the right of Dun Eideann. The AI (England) sieges the castle and if I do a counter attack to try to disrupt the siege, the AI retreats back to the foot of the mountain (see pic) and bugs out. Once in that position I can cycle my cavalry into each enemy unit one by one with the AI giving 0 response. It is extremely easy to destroy a full stack (even one containing multiple cav units) by using 1-2 generals and 1-2 infantry. This brings me back to the battles where you would put stakes behind your gates to completely destroy the enemy cav which in turn makes all of the other enemy units rout. Kind of a game breaking bug that drops the difficulty of Scots in the early game by a huge margin.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bugscot.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	321.2 KB 
ID:	350322

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by raistlinmajere8 View Post
    So that issue I was having earlier with CTD's happening when I click on a city has reappeared, and its not just limited to that settlement from my previous post. After playing around a lot, I've had it happen all over the world playing as several separate factions. Sometimes it happens right at the start of the campaign, sometimes it happens when I try and click on a settlement thats under siege, sometimes it happens when I click on a settlement I just conquered, etc. I've seen this particular CTD happen at least 10 times now across many factions and in many cities throughout the map.

There's definitely something wrong somewhere, not sure what however. I have had zero other issues, so I'm not really sure thats its a false install on my end.
    Please make sure that your log is to trace (see underneath), run the mod until this crash and then compress the log (7Zip is freeware) and attach it.

trace log: open the mod's CFG file with Notepad and look for the entry below, change the red line if required and save

[log]
    level = * trace

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BurgundySlav View Post
    Hello, I am currently playing as Scotland on VH/VH, and I found a bug with the battle map that corresponds to the square to the right of Dun Eideann. The AI (England) sieges the castle and if I do a counter attack to try to disrupt the siege, the AI retreats back to the foot of the mountain (see pic) and bugs out. Once in that position I can cycle my cavalry into each enemy unit one by one with the AI giving 0 response. It is extremely easy to destroy a full stack (even one containing multiple cav units) by using 1-2 generals and 1-2 infantry. This brings me back to the battles where you would put stakes behind your gates to completely destroy the enemy cav which in turn makes all of the other enemy units rout. Kind of a game breaking bug that drops the difficulty of Scots in the early game by a huge margin.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bugscot.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	321.2 KB 
ID:	350322
    I think that this is due to the map heigh being too "sharp". This has been adjusted in the next version. We'll see if it needs further change
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

I noticed that light swordmen of spanish faction have the old vainilla model, if would be great if all units have the current new models, also remember the "bugs" for spanish factions as the city of valladolid dont have coat of arms, change leoneses names for castilians and shields and coat of arms of crown of Aragon have incorrect them, they have castilians shields, i know that some time ago i said some bugs refer to spanish factions but when new release is ready i would like play with them and enjoy historically correct, thanks for your effort and understanding sship team and if we need help about iberian faction you have a good collaborator here

also other "bugs" in moors units as that crhistian guard on foot have modern shields, they should have to the beginning of the game the typical kite shield common in all europe, and granadine lancers, urban militia and andalusian spearmen have also old vainilla models
    Last edited by j.a.luna; January 21, 2018 at 04:46 PM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Blog Entries

The vanilla models aren't bugs; There's a thread about units in which that kind of mento would be more relevant.

Noted about the rest
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Default SSHIP v0.9.2.exe asks me to insert a disk

I have PowerISO installed, and the bin files have a disk icon next to them.
    When I try to install SSHIP, "SSHIP v0.9.2.exe" asks me to insert a disk for the first bin file. But the file browser stops at the folder, and doesn't let me go into the folder to select the bin file. Manually typing the file path of the bin file also did not work.

What should I do?

Blog Entries

You dont need PowerISO. Just double-click on the .exe and follow the instruction (as explained here).

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

SSHIP crash when i try this personal battle : see the attached file system log
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries

Do you mean custom battle?

Hello, I am in serious trouble here. I can play Stainless Steel 6.4 with no problems, but after I install this mod, any kind of battle crashes the game with "Encountered an unknown error" sort of CTD. I tried a custom battle, I tried various factions attacking forts or rebel armies etc. it crashes everytime at the end of the loading screen. The log file only mentions the unknown error and no specific info on where to start looking. The installation of this mod is pretty straightforward, the files go to data of SS6.3 and that's it...unless I am a complete vegetable I didn't seem to blunder that. The settings is set to Savage AI and nothing else, just like needed..I also started the settings one more time right before starting the mod for the first time. I tried various settings in options, thinking that perhaps some settings are causing this, nothing helped.

I am beginning to lose hope. Please help.

Here's the log inside SS6.3 folder

09:57:44.649 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    09:57:44.649 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    09:57:44.649 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    09:57:44.665 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    09:57:44.665 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    09:57:44.665 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    09:57:44.665 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    09:57:44.665 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    10:01:10.085 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

EDIT: Apparently I needed to tinker further with the in-game options. It is possible that High textures caused the crash, or grass set to high. Or even resolution. Whatever I changed, I was finally able to play. I can play battles again. Disregard my cry for help.
    Last edited by Frostelis; February 07, 2018 at 02:27 AM.

Blog Entries

Each time you change the game setup, you need to re-install SSHIP as some files are replaced by the one from SS.
    Have a clean install of SS6.4, early era and savage AI.
    Then try to extract SSHIP in a temporary folder. You should get a folder named data.
    Merge that data folder with the one located in your SS6.3 folder.
    Let's see if it works that way

Aww shucks. I guess I misunderstood. Heh. I'll redownload this submod now and throw them files in data of SS6.4 again. Thanks for clarifying

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Do you mean custom battle?
    Yes. Custom battle. My log looks like that of Frostelis... On the other hand, I have no other CTD with SSHIP at the moment.

Blog Entries

There's a known bug when you switch from custom battles to the campaign. A CTD occurs each time.
    If you play a custom battle, you need to exit the game and to restart it prior to play a campaign game.

Obviously, Frostelis had a wrong installation. But I don't think that this is your case here, right?

Ok. Thank's for you answer. Yes. Ithink my installation is good.

You dont need PowerISO. Just double-click on the .exe and follow the instruction (as explained here).
    i am having the same problem now for some reason, just double click on it doesnt work, i never had this problem in the past wtf

i've selected the right folder yet the installer keeps telling me it cant find the bin file

EDIT: nvm all, probably bad download
    Last edited by Dekhatres; February 13, 2018 at 06:42 AM.

crosscheck86's Avatar Civis

I got a problem when I'm fighting siege battles. Sometimes there are glitches and parts of the map seem to disappear.Does somebody else got this problem?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Glitches.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	232.4 KB 
ID:	350822

Blog Entries

That's a known issue and it will be fixed in the next release. I'm not at home now but I can post the relevant file to fix that issue. It should be savegame compatible

crosscheck86's Avatar Civis

That's a known issue and it will be fixed in the next release. I'm not at home now but I can post the relevant file to fix that issue. It should be savegame compatible
    That would be just awesome!!!!

VineFynn's Avatar Miles

Idk if this problem is fixed yet in the dev version but the Wifeisfactionheir trigger needs to be on CharacterMarriesPrincess not CharacterMarries. Without this the trigger is broken. And I'm pretty sure this problem is part of the reason civil wars and stuff are way too god damn common.

And it's worth noting that antitraits don't replace their counterparts if they are present in a character, they simply cancel them out. As a result you get left with bastard children who appear adopted to the game files because the bastard +1 merely cancels the biological son default. To fix this, move the biological son trigger to after all the after coming of age triggers, and make it conditional that both BastardSon and BiologicalSon = 0. This problem is also part of the reason bloodlines tend to randomly break.

A couple of notes: the byzantine recruitment office doesn't work in armenia because the 2nd and 3rd levels haven't had their recruitment pools written in. And for whatever reason you cannot recruit generals from fortresses/citadels you did not upgrade to yourself.