Page 10 of 303 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560110 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: miles unit fix (animation with shield problems)

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    can someone be kind to tell me how to fix those ?
    The entry for miles_pedites in SS6.3\data\unit_models\battle_models.modeldb shows that it should use a sword and shield battle animation instead of a 2h-axe battle animation. But miles still use a 2H animation. Stubborn Normans...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

1. 25 dismounted_norman_cavalry
      1 1
      55 unit_models/_units/lordhamilton/miles_pedites_lod0.mesh 6400
      7 england
      70 unit_models/_units/lordhamilton/textures/mailed_knight_england.texture
      75 unit_models/_units/lordhamilton/textures/mailed_knight_england_norm.texture
      53 unit_sprites/england_Dummy_EN_Mail_Knights_sprite.spr
      6 sicily
      69 unit_models/_units/lordhamilton/textures/mailed_knight_sicily.texture
      74 unit_models/_units/lordhamilton/textures/mailed_knight_sicily_norm.texture
      52 unit_sprites/sicily_Dummy_EN_Mail_Knights_sprite.spr
      5 slave
      69 unit_models/_units/lordhamilton/textures/mailed_knight_sicily.texture
      74 unit_models/_units/lordhamilton/textures/mailed_knight_sicily_norm.texture
      52 unit_sprites/sicily_Dummy_EN_Mail_Knights_sprite.spr
      7 england
      68 unit_models/_units/lordhamilton/textures/kite_knight_england.texture
      73 unit_models/_units/lordhamilton/textures/kite_knight_england_norm.texture 0
      6 sicily
      67 unit_models/_units/lordhamilton/textures/kite_knight_sicily.texture
      72 unit_models/_units/lordhamilton/textures/kite_knight_sicily_norm.texture 0
      5 slave
      67 unit_models/_units/lordhamilton/textures/kite_knight_sicily.texture
      72 unit_models/_units/lordhamilton/textures/kite_knight_sicily_norm.texture 0
      4 none
      14 MTW2_Swordsman 0
      18 MTW2_Sword_Primary
      14 fs_test_shield 0
      16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Actually, people during the Middle Ages used to take baths a lot more often than we usually think. for those who couldn't afford their own bath, they used to go to Bathhouses. Bathhouses were open daily except on Sunday. Their price was fixed by the provost. For example, in 1292 AD, Paris had 27 bathhouses. People used to go there for hygien but also to relax: you could eat or play cards and until the 15th century, you could even find prostitutes.

Here is a famous sentence from that period: Venari, ludere, lavari, bibere; Hoc est vivere! (To hunt, to play, to wash, to drink, – This is to live!)

So, basically, it was not only a Roman exclusive building.
    Yay , I knew that middle age people bath more often that what most people believe, the public bath part I didn't know. But then the building description should be altered as that does talk about them as Roman exclusive practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Stepparic View Post
    Yay , I knew that middle age people bath more often that what most people believe, the public bath part I didn't know. But then the building description should be altered as that does talk about them as Roman exclusive practice.
    building descriptions are located at ...\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3\data\text\export_buildings.txt

the exact lines for bath house
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    {bath_house}Bath House
    {bath_house_desc}DO NOT TRANSLATE
    {bath_house_desc_short}DO NOT TRANSLATE
    {bath_house_eastern_european_desc}Bath Houses continue a Roman legacy of personal hygiene that only the Byzantine Empire can claim to uphold. The bathhouse itself is quite a large structure, with numerous baths and pools in different chambers, all heated by an ingenious Roman design that has withstood the test of time. Local citizens will frequent the baths as both an exercise in good health, as well as a popular social gathering point.
    {bath_house_eastern_european_desc_short}Bath Houses improve the health and growth of the local population.
    {bath_house_greek}Bath House
    {bath_house_greek_desc}Bath Houses continue a Roman legacy of personal hygiene that only the Byzantine Empire can claim to uphold. The bathhouse itself is quite a large structure, with numerous baths and pools in different chambers, all heated by an ingenious Roman design that has withstood the test of time. Local citizens will frequent the baths as both an exercise in good health, as well as a popular social gathering point.
    {bath_house_greek_desc_short}Bath Houses improve the health and growth of the local population.
    {bath_house_mesoamerican_desc}DO NOT TRANSLATE - NOT MEANT FOR THIS CULTURE LOL
    {bath_house_mesoamerican_desc_short}DO NOT TRANSLATE - NOT MEANT FOR THIS CULTURE they don't bathe
    {bath_house_middle_eastern_desc}Bath Houses continue a Roman legacy of personal hygiene that only the Byzantine Empire can claim to uphold. The bathhouse itself is quite a large structure, with numerous baths and pools in different chambers, all heated by an ingenious Roman design that has withstood the test of time. Local citizens will frequent the baths as both an exercise in good health, as well as a popular social gathering point.
    {bath_house_middle_eastern_desc_short}Bath Houses improve the health and growth of the local population.
    {bath_house_northern_european_desc}Bath Houses continue a Roman legacy of personal hygiene that only the Byzantine Empire can claim to uphold. The bathhouse itself is quite a large structure, with numerous baths and pools in different chambers, all heated by an ingenious Roman design that has withstood the test of time. Local citizens will frequent the baths as both an exercise in good health, as well as a popular social gathering point.
    {bath_house_northern_european_desc_short}Bath Houses improve the health and growth of the local population.
    {bath_house_southern_european_desc}Bath Houses continue a Roman legacy of personal hygiene that only the Byzantine Empire can claim to uphold. The bathhouse itself is quite a large structure, with numerous baths and pools in different chambers, all heated by an ingenious Roman design that has withstood the test of time. Local citizens will frequent the baths as both an exercise in good health, as well as a popular social gathering point.
    {bath_house_southern_european_desc_short}Bath Houses improve the health and growth of the local population.
    {public_baths}Public Baths
    {public_baths_desc}DO NOT TRANSLATE
    {public_baths_desc_short}DO NOT TRANSLATE
    {public_baths_eastern_european_desc}Public baths continue a Roman legacy of personal hygiene that only the Byzantine Empire can claim to uphold. The bathhouse itself is quite a large structure, with numerous baths and pools in different chambers, all heated by an ingenious Roman design that has withstood the test of time. Local citizens will frequent the baths as both an exercise in good health, as well as a popular social gathering point.
    {public_baths_eastern_european_desc_short}ublic baths improve the health and growth of the local population.
    {public_baths_greek}Public Baths
    {public_baths_greek_desc}Public baths continue a Roman legacy of personal hygiene that only the Byzantine Empire can claim to uphold. The bathhouse itself is quite a large structure, with numerous baths and pools in different chambers, all heated by an ingenious Roman design that has withstood the test of time. Local citizens will frequent the baths as both an exercise in good health, as well as a popular social gathering point.
    {public_baths_greek_desc_short}Public baths improve the health and growth of the local population.
    {public_baths_mesoamerican_desc}Public baths continue a Roman legacy of personal hygiene that only the Byzantine Empire can claim to uphold. The bathhouse itself is quite a large structure, with numerous baths and pools in different chambers, all heated by an ingenious Roman design that has withstood the test of time. Local citizens will frequent the baths as both an exercise in good health, as well as a popular social gathering point.
    {public_baths_mesoamerican_desc_short}Public baths improve the health and growth of the local population.
    {public_baths_middle_eastern_desc}Public baths continue a Roman legacy of personal hygiene that only the Byzantine Empire can claim to uphold. The bathhouse itself is quite a large structure, with numerous baths and pools in different chambers, all heated by an ingenious Roman design that has withstood the test of time. Local citizens will frequent the baths as both an exercise in good health, as well as a popular social gathering point.
    {public_baths_middle_eastern_desc_short}Public baths improve the health and growth of the local population.
    {public_baths_northern_european_desc}Public baths continue a Roman legacy of personal hygiene that only the Byzantine Empire can claim to uphold. The bathhouse itself is quite a large structure, with numerous baths and pools in different chambers, all heated by an ingenious Roman design that has withstood the test of time. Local citizens will frequent the baths as both an exercise in good health, as well as a popular social gathering point.
    {public_baths_northern_european_desc_short}Public baths improve the health and growth of the local population.
    {public_baths_southern_european_desc}Public baths continue a Roman legacy of personal hygiene that only the Byzantine Empire can claim to uphold. The bathhouse itself is quite a large structure, with numerous baths and pools in different chambers, all heated by an ingenious Roman design that has withstood the test of time. Local citizens will frequent the baths as both an exercise in good health, as well as a popular social gathering point.
    {public_baths_southern_european_desc_short}Public baths improve the health and growth of the local population.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Yes but you need to remove the relevant string file to let the game regenerate a new one with the update.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

I was also wondering about how to fix the miles pedites animations, they're a great looking unit but they just look silly carrying their swords and shields like two handed axes. :/

while a faction gets revolted, i got a plenty of money (10000 florins) from nowhere

is this a feature?

Blog Entries

No, it's not. May be a script issue???
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Probably not, haha. I'll check that. Miles are already fixed for the next release.

Blog Entries

That was just a guess
    Scripting is not my favorite stuff

Haha sorry lifth, that was the answer to umbracatervae's question if it is is a feature. Yes, it might very well be a script issue.

GenoveseInquisitor's Avatar Foederatus

Does anyone get the issue of towns not upgrading after reaching a certain population? For example several of my small towns playing as the Byzantines surpass 5750 population but I am not given a message to upgrade and when you hover the mouse over the population there is no longer any popup of "population until upgrade: x".

Not sure whether it's a bug or I'm doing something wrong.

Blog Entries

I've seen that a few times but I'm not sure if it's a SSHIP issue or a SS issue

GenoveseInquisitor : You need some special buildings to upgrade your cities in SSHIP. Check the building tree, to upgrade to a large town you need a logging camp.

Default Installation help

This will probably get move but here goes. I am a long time lurker and absolutely love SS and the sub mods. Recently I have tried to install SSHIP but with no success, and was wondering if someone can help me, and maybe write out an idiot proof install guide. I have:

Installed a clean 6.4, run the setup correctly once
    installed SSHIP .exe into the /mods/SS6.3/SSHIP folder
    pasted the .82 data folder into the /sship/data folder
    and deleted the sound files needed (I have an english language version)

Despite several attempts, I always boot to SS6.4. What am I doing wrong here? I would really like to play this mod and I'm getting frustrated.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Installation help

First, there's a specific thread for such question name "SSHIP - Bug & Technical Help". So, please, post in that one instead. We're trying to keep this subforum as clear as possible.

Then, have you disable the UAC?
    Have you run the SS setup prior to install SSHIP?
    Are you using the "SSHIP v0.8.2 full install"?
    If yes, have you unzip it in a separate folder prior to merge it with the data folder located in your SS6.3 folder?

GenoveseInquisitor's Avatar Foederatus

@MWY Yup! just worked that out, cheers!

Default Re: Installation help

Lifthrasir,

I believe UAC is disabled. And yes, I have done all the other steps listed.

Blog Entries

Can you post your log?
    Actually, it's named system.log.txt and is located in your SS6.3 folder?
    I recommend you to read the 1st post of this thread as there's an useful link to let you edit a detailed log.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Can you post your log?
    Actually, it's named system.log.txt and is located in your SS6.3 folder?
    I recommend you to read the 1st post of this thread as there's an useful link to let you edit a detailed log.

Here is my entire log, located directly in the SS6.3 folder

20:37:02.050 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    20:37:02.051 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Aug 3 2007 version bld-medieval2-kingdoms-104 (45562) ===
    20:37:02.093 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    20:37:02.187 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    20:37:02.295 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    20:37:02.359 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    20:37:02.420 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    20:37:02.467 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack

Hi guys, i've been trying SSHIP lately and after 100 or so turns with Portugal, i have to say the submod is very cool, nice job guys

Spotted some weird things though, that i don't know if these are bugs or on purpose but here goes.

Regarding Units:

- Currently upkeep from some units are a bit strange, for example, Spear Militia has 330 upkeep vs the Mailed Foot Knight of 360 vs the Andalusian Spearmen Mercenaries of 270
    - Archer unit has a recruit cost of 2462 while the Desert Archer has around 648
    - Merchant Militia Cavalry while only have a slight higher attack than Mailed Knight (having lower defense and charge) has 1920 cost and 960 upkeep while Mailed Knight has 1440 cost and 720 upkeep
    - Portuguese Feudal Foot Knight has the image of Templar Foot Knight (not a SSHIP issue, it was already present at SS but i doubt it was made on purpose)

Regarding Cities:

- Settlement growth in some cities is a bit "off" i think, for example Sevilla in south of Spain was around 100.000 of population at turn 100 with growth rate of 3%, Fes in north africa around the same time had 80.000 of population with 8% growth rate (i had captured the city few turns before and i had chosen to massacre the population, when i looked at the city population it still had like 30.000 pop with a 15% population growth). In comparison, Córdoba at the same time had 30.000 pop with -3% growth rate (but was controlled by AI)

Again, don't know if these are on purpose but if they are, my apologies

Keep up the good work