Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

I had once a problem with the battles playing Serbia, it was about the armor upgrade for the spear militia. after I changed the armor upgrade model in the EDU file it worked.. however I think we already fixed this long time ago..

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

It could be easily tested by changing the 'armour_ug_models' entries in the EDU for the suspected units to be all the same (first one) and then run the battle again.

Edit: ninja'ed because not reading to the end of the thread...
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 20, 2021 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    In my opinion this is not a problem with win10. I have always used win10 with SSHIP without the need to make it win7 compatible.
    Maybe the crash is because the SSHIP folder overwrites SS6.3 and changed the name of the shortcut.
    Have you tried running the game from the .bat in the mods / SSHIP_098 / SSHIP 098 launcher folder?
    Or mods / SS6.3 / SS_Launcher.exe
    if you have an older version?
    I just would like to mention that I found your advice as VERY USEFUL for myself !!!

Not talking about previous install experience I have tried to do install according to (B) One full version option from 1st Post here:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15956672
    Having same problem as user ChessLandsknech describing his issue here:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post16015752

Shortly: I launched the game with SS_Launcher.exe. Opening artwork (of KCC 0.9.5) appeared (as expected). Then the game crashed to desktop.

The whole thing was that I was too proactive with making new folder SS6.3 and copied all the content from SSHIP098 folder (extracted from SSHIP098.zip) to the new SS6.3
    D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3
    which was crucial for the startup error. So the thing is u have to keep folder SSHIP098 as it is and move it to mods folder, example:
    D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\SSHIP098

Conclusion: Considering that my mistake was stupid, it would be useful to include this tip, directly in the installation instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by WakaWakaEE999 View Post
    I just would like to mention that I found your advice as VERY USEFUL for myself !!!

Not talking about previous install experience I have tried to do install according to (B) One full version option from 1st Post here:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15956672
    Having same problem as user ChessLandsknech describing his issue here:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post16015752

Shortly: I launched the game with SS_Launcher.exe. Opening artwork (of KCC 0.9.5) appeared (as expected). Then the game crashed to desktop.

The whole thing was that I was too proactive with making new folder SS6.3 and copied all the content from SSHIP098 folder (extracted from SSHIP098.zip) to the new SS6.3
    D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3
    which was crucial for the startup error. So the thing is u have to keep folder SSHIP098 as it is and move it to mods folder, example:
    D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\SSHIP098

Conclusion: Considering that my mistake was stupid, it would be useful to include this tip, directly in the installation instructions.
    Ok, I was testing the game for a while and realized I might be mistaken. Not sure if previous renaming-folder was the reason of crashing game, cause once I launched SS_setup.exe and changed Campaigns settings to Early or Late Era, the functionality of the game was ruined for good and caused the same Crash to desktop issue.

Fixed by overwriting the entire contents from the original SSHIP098 folder (extracted from SSHIP098.zip) to:
    ...\Medieval II Total War\mods\SSHIP098

Basicly playing MTW after 6 years and SSHIP for 1st time. Specifically 098_June_24.zip version. I literally didn't finish a single turn and got about 4-5 unspecified errors. Playing The Crusader States. Screen:

Sending record from full.log file

Code:
    11:41:44.739 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/units/jerusalem/#Crossbow_Militia.tga (from: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    11:41:44.739 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/units/jerusalem/#Crossbow_Militia.tga,12332
    11:41:44.739 [system.io] [info] open:   found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/units/jerusalem/#Crossbow_Militia.tga (from: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    11:41:44.740 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/units/jerusalem/#Knights_of_Jerusalem.tga (from: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    11:41:44.741 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/units/jerusalem/#Knights_of_Jerusalem.tga (from: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    11:41:44.741 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/units/mercs/#Knights_Hospitaller.tga (from: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    11:41:44.741 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/units/mercs/#Knights_Hospitaller.tga (from: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    11:41:44.741 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/units/mercs/#Crusader_Sergeants.tga (from: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    11:41:44.768 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/units/mercs/#Crusader_Sergeants.tga (from: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    11:41:44.768 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/units/jerusalem/#Spear_Militia.tga (from: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    11:41:44.769 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/units/jerusalem/#Spear_Militia.tga (from: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    11:41:44.769 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/units/jerusalem/#Spear_Militia.tga (from: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    11:41:44.770 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/units/jerusalem/#Crossbow_Militia.tga (from: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    11:41:44.770 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/units/jerusalem/#Crossbow_Militia.tga (from: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    11:41:45.445 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Just for case here is whole full.log file

Right after the first launch of the game, I changed the graphics settings to the following:

Shader Version: Version 2
    Battle Map Resolution: 1920 x 1080
    Campaign Resolution: 1920 x 1080
    Anti-Aliasing: 8x
    Texture filtering: Anisotropic x 16
    v-sync: ON
    widescreen: ON
    Unit Detail: Highest
    Effect Detail: Highest
    Campaign Shadows: ON
    Texture Quality: High
    Shadow Quality: Extreme
    Bloom: ON
    Reflections: ON

Just for case also sending laptop specifications:

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8300H CPU @ 2.30GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050, 4 GB
    Memory: 8192 MB RAM

Also found this article about nVidia cards, Does it have anything to do with my card? Any other suggestions? Ty.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

If you haven't finished a single turn, it must be a problem of installation.
    But you've managed to run the mod, so it's promising.
    I usually play on lower settings. You may check if you'd got past turn 1 with something autodetected.
    Otherwise I have no clue. I've run the mod perhaps a hundred times given the need to test new solutions, and I haven't experienced crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by WakaWakaEE999 View Post
    Basicly playing MTW after 6 years and SSHIP for 1st time. Specifically 098_June_24.zip version. I literally didn't finish a single turn and got about 4-5 unspecified errors. Playing The Crusader States. Screen:

Sending record from full.log file

Code:
    11:41:44.739 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/units/jerusalem/#Crossbow_Militia.tga (from: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    11:41:44.739 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/units/jerusalem/#Crossbow_Militia.tga,12332
    11:41:44.739 [system.io] [info] open:   found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/units/jerusalem/#Crossbow_Militia.tga (from: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    11:41:44.740 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/units/jerusalem/#Knights_of_Jerusalem.tga (from: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    11:41:44.741 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/units/jerusalem/#Knights_of_Jerusalem.tga (from: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    11:41:44.741 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/units/mercs/#Crusader_Sergeants.tga (from: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    11:41:44.768 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/units/mercs/#Crusader_Sergeants.tga (from: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    11:41:44.768 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/units/jerusalem/#Spear_Militia.tga (from: D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    11:41:45.445 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Just for case here is whole full.log file

Right after the first launch of the game, I changed the graphics settings to the following:

Shader Version: Version 2
    Battle Map Resolution: 1920 x 1080
    Campaign Resolution: 1920 x 1080
    Anti-Aliasing: 8x
    Texture filtering: Anisotropic x 16
    v-sync: ON
    widescreen: ON
    Unit Detail: Highest
    Effect Detail: Highest
    Campaign Shadows: ON
    Texture Quality: High
    Shadow Quality: Extreme
    Bloom: ON
    Reflections: ON

Just for case also sending laptop specifications:

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8300H CPU @ 2.30GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050, 4 GB
    Memory: 8192 MB RAM

Also found this article about nVidia cards, Does it have anything to do with my card? Any other suggestions? Ty.

I have the same problem as you do. Almost the same specs with the same path to the Steam folder. Crash to desktop within 1 turn with Crusader States with the same error message. With the Papal States I sometimes manage 2 - 3 turns before crash to desktop. I haven't tried another faction than those two. Perhaps everyone else plays Croatia, Hungary, Bosnia and all those boring nations and that's why they don't have any problems

I have the same specs as for graphic options and I installed the latest SSHIP-version from Megaupload (the version/download link where you have to wait 4 hours or pay $20 after finished downloading 50%).

Couple of years ago I managed to play the submod with Crusader States for like 30 - 50 turns before a crash to desktop. I did this by downloading Stainless steel 6.3, 6.4 and then SSHIP. But now it seems like the old torrrent link with vanilla 6.3 + vanilla 6.4 has disappeared. The only link I can find to Stainless Steel is a combined 6.3+6.4-version that has some kind of submod installed that conflict with SSHIP.

In any case: I would be grateful if someone has a solution to this problem. Great mod, but I uninstall it like two minutes after every time I install it since I can't play more than 1 - 3 turns with the nations I want to play it with.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    It could be easily tested by changing the 'armour_ug_models' entries in the EDU for the suspected units to be all the same (first one) and then run the battle again.

Edit: ninja'ed because not reading to the end of the thread...
    Would you happen to have a link explaining the process of how to find/do that?

Hello,

I have been taking a break from testing, but would like to get back into. Has there been a newer version of the mod since April 2021? Could someone please pop me a link? Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyPistol View Post
    Would you happen to have a link explaining the process of how to find/do that?
    LuckyPistol, to find out which unit is a problem:
    1. Open the file ../SSHIP/data/export_descr_unit.txt
    2. Look for the section of spear militia
    3. You will see something like this:

type Spear Militiadictionary Spear_Militia ; Spear Militia : urban militia, standard
    category infantry
    class spearmen
    voice_type Light
    banner faction main_spear
    banner holy crusade
    soldier Spear_Militia, 60, 0, 0.95, 0.30
    officer northern_captain
    mount_effect horse +2, camel +2
    attributes sea_faring, hide_forest, can_withdraw, free_upkeep_unit
    move_speed_mod 0.96
    formation 1.2, 1.2, 2.4, 2.4, 5, square
    stat_health 1, 0
    stat_pri 1, 2, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, spear, 90, 1
    stat_pri_attr light_spear
    stat_sec 0, 0, no, 0, 0, no, melee_simple, blunt, none, 0, 1
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 1, 1, 4, flesh
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 2
    stat_ground 1, -1, 3, 0
    stat_mental 3, low, untrained
    stat_charge_dist 6
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 1, 334, 334, 75, 334, 334, 4, 100
    armour_ug_levels 0, 1, 6, 10
    armour_ug_models Spear_Militia, Spear_Militia_ug1, Spear_Militia_ug2, Spear_Militia_ug3
    ownership england, norway, scotland, france, hre, denmark, spain, aragon, portugal, serbia, jerusalem, slave
    era 0 england, norway, scotland, france, hre, denmark, spain, aragon, portugal, serbia, jerusalem
    recruit_priority_offset 0
    4. change the line:
    armour_ug_models Spear_Militia, Spear_Militia_ug1, Spear_Militia_ug2, Spear_Militia_ug3
    to
    armour_ug_models Spear_Militia, Spear_Militia, Spear_Militia, Spear_Militia

5. If the ctd will not appear again you have found the culprit, if ctd continues maybe its another unit or something else..

Im very confused and please forgive me if this is somehow correct and I am just weird, but why I am able when playing as the Danes recruit Sudan Warriors and Berber Javelinmen in Roskilde in 12th Century? Is this a bug?

Quote Originally Posted by khatmar View Post
    Im very confused and please forgive me if this is somehow correct and I am just weird, but why I am able when playing as the Danes recruit Sudan Warriors and Berber Javelinmen in Roskilde in 12th Century? Is this a bug?
    It seems you've made a wrong installation. I've opened the version I've sent you and no such units appear, at least on turn 1.
    Run "Bin file cleaner.bat" in the mod's directory, it should help (but it's not save-compatible).
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; July 29, 2021 at 05:33 AM.

The version you sent me consists of two files - the base version + patch, I unzipped both, put the main file in the mods folder and then copied everything from the patch into the base version and overwritten.

Should I do something differently?

EDIT: Ok, I reinstalled it and ran the clean batch file and it is not there anymore, thank you!

EDIT2: And it is turn 33 and the game CTD on pressing the End Turn button :/

Here is my save file: https://we.tl/t-WzKqoMqSRh
    Last edited by khatmar; July 30, 2021 at 08:01 AM.

Jinete_de_Espaņa's Avatar Laetus

Hello guys.
    I am not sure if thatīs the right place to ask it, but since I couldnīt find the information, I would like to know if this mods works fine with the full install created by Gigantus.
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...eam-compatible

Quote Originally Posted by Jinete_de_Espaņa View Post
    Hello guys.
    I am not sure if thatīs the right place to ask it, but since I couldnīt find the information, I would like to know if this mods works fine with the full install created by Gigantus.
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...eam-compatible
    No, it doesn't. The SSHIP is currently standalone (I mean: the 098 version, to be released at some moment, an initial version is in the download part.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

I can't download the mod. I did not download anything from MEGA in months, so what am I supposed to do, the quota won't let me download this mod.

Use the Mediafire link or download MEGA app, it resumes automatically then, until done.

Edit: Right, sorry, there's no Mediafire link.
    Last edited by removeduser_28376423423; July 31, 2021 at 04:05 PM.

I wonder why I don't have such problems with mega... Maybe having an account helps? (I have it as I upload my stuff to mega)

Using the account helped. However new problems arises, the good old CTD at launch.

I installed Clean SS6.4, did the setup and overwrote it with the MEGA file and G-Patch.

Here is the log in SS6.3 folder.

00:12:40.265 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    00:12:40.266 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    00:12:40.268 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    00:12:40.268 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    00:12:40.269 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    00:12:40.269 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    00:12:40.270 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    00:12:40.270 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    00:12:42.913 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

I've sent you a PM, use that one. It's standalone.