Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Guys, just popping in to apologize to some of the players which I couldn't have the time to help: I have less time than I though these days, so I'm concentrating on the nearing 098 release.
    Hope you'll enjoy it!
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse View Post
    Guys, just popping in to apologize to some of the players which I couldn't have the time to help: I have less time than I though these days, so I'm concentrating on the nearing 098 release.
    Hope you'll enjoy it!
    Chill out, Belovese ! For the relatively short time you have been in the team , you literally improved many aspects for the mod ,you are definetely an asset to this mod in my opinion , and i am glad you chose to help the team ! Modding is a passion , not a chore, we gotta remember this.

As for the final 0.9.8 , i am waiting patiently myself , i know its gonna be worth it .

Thanks a lot Nemesis, I appreciate your praise very much! and thanks for the rep!
    It is just that and think player support is really important, and I didn't want them to think I just forget them

Same here, Im holding out on playing the current version and waiting on the new one! I am very much looking forward to it This mod has made me come back to M2TW after all these years

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

There'll be also new unique buildings (aka wonders) in the new version, eg.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Wonderful! Also this news unique buildings are for all factions? Russians, muslims,italians, cumans...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Icon5 Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Unexpected error on LaunchWindows 10, steam version of medieval 2, no submodsI'm having trouble installing SSHIP. While the base SS6.4 works perfectly well, however as soon as I overwrite the data folder with SSHIP, the game crashes 2 seconds after I launch it. There is nothing on the crash logs as I just downloaded the game. I tried making the exe win7 compatible, but it doesn't fix the issue.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The picture indicates that you will have to build the Kaiser dome in stages, but apparently the stages remain. Is that a dev stage picture? As in: will the prior stage be removed once the next stage is build? If the dome is unique to speyer then on finishing a stage a simple destroy building could remove it. It does however remove all building of that tree if memory serves so it will have to be followed (after a short wait) by a scripted construction of the just finished level:

If building finished stage2
    then destroy buildings kaiserdome
    wait
    then construct stage2 in speyer

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    The picture indicates that you will have to build the Kaiser dome in stages, but apparently the stages remain. Is that a dev stage picture? As in: will the prior stage be removed once the next stage is build? If the dome is unique to speyer then on finishing a stage a simple destroy building could remove it. It does however remove all building of that tree if memory serves so it will have to be followed (after a short wait) by a scripted construction of the just finished level:

If building finished stage2
    then destroy buildings kaiserdome
    wait
    then construct stage2 in speyer
    This is just a screenshot to show all the pics at once. It's one building, with another stage replacing the previous. As a matter of fact, the building is already built at the beginning of the game (or maybe only the 3rd level, I'm still delving into the books to find out if it would be historical in 1132). However, there'll be a historical event "fire of the Kaiserdom" (it happened in 15c.) and there'll be possibility to tear down the building (it was pretty much destroyed in a siege in 17c.), so the previous stages may find their use while rebuilding.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; April 14, 2021 at 04:21 AM.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by ChessLandsknecht View Post
    Unexpected error on LaunchWindows 10, steam version of medieval 2, no submodsI'm having trouble installing SSHIP. While the base SS6.4 works perfectly well, however as soon as I overwrite the data folder with SSHIP, the game crashes 2 seconds after I launch it. There is nothing on the crash logs as I just downloaded the game. I tried making the exe win7 compatible, but it doesn't fix the issue.
    In my opinion this is not a problem with win10. I have always used win10 with SSHIP without the need to make it win7 compatible.
    Maybe the crash is because the SSHIP folder overwrites SS6.3 and changed the name of the shortcut.
    Have you tried running the game from the .bat in the mods / SSHIP_098 / SSHIP 098 launcher folder?
    Or mods / SS6.3 / SS_Launcher.exe
    if you have an older version?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

This is just a screenshot to show all the pics at once.
    That clears things up. If you script the destruction of the final level at a later stage then the whole building tree starts fresh so no further action is required. I guess I was overthinking that a bit based on the screenshot

Quote Originally Posted by ChessLandsknecht View Post
    You might have applied the patch only and not the full mod, did the data folder you got from the sship download weight a few gigabytes?

Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse View Post
    You might have applied the patch only and not the full mod, did the data folder you got from the sship download weight a few gigabytes?
    The data folder contains several gb, I got it straight from https://www.moddb.com/mods/sship/downloads/sship-v097

Well sorry, I don't understand what went wrong with your install, as far as I know this link works well. Try the january version, is it a standalone that doesn't require you to install stainless steel, so it is simpler and less things can go wrong during install!

I've just encountered a game-ending bug with my long campaign Whenever I try to load my saves (the main save and quicksave), it just goes back to the main menu. I've encountered this bug a couple times before when loading the quicksave, but I didn't mind it because I always had a backup main save, but now it happens on both of my saves. I guess I'll just wait for 0.98 before starting another long campaign

Quote Originally Posted by CheriSh17 View Post
    I've just encountered a game-ending bug with my long campaign Whenever I try to load my saves (the main save and quicksave), it just goes back to the main menu. I've encountered this bug a couple times before when loading the quicksave, but I didn't mind it because I always had a backup main save, but now it happens on both of my saves. I guess I'll just wait for 0.98 before starting another long campaign
    Upload your last save, pls. It's always interesting.

Here it is. I thing the save file labeled "battle" still works fine though, but the other two saves are bugged
    saves.zip

Here it is. I thing the save file labeled "battle" still works fine though, but the other two saves are bugged
    saves.zip
    Yes, indeed, I was able to run the file. Nice game and I can see much of evolution of various details of the game what leads me to improving the mod. Thanks a lot!

Yes, indeed, I was able to run the file. Nice game and I can see much of evolution of various details of the game what leads me to improving the mod. Thanks a lot!
    Glad to be able to help, even if just a little bit Were you also able to run the other two files, or are they hopelessly bugged now?

Glad to be able to help, even if just a little bit Were you also able to run the other two files, or are they hopelessly bugged now?
    I haven't checked. I've just run that before the battles on turn 494, and it worked.