Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse View Post
    Thanks a lot for the report, there is known bug (in medieval2 itself, not only SSHIP) but related to the death of both the heir and the faction leader, specially if they are the last living characters of the faction. I think this might have been it.

We are gradually implementing the counter-measures to this.

From the log, did you take Bergen right before the crash?
    No, Bergen was just their only settlement left. The battle was a field battle so I assume it triggered the bug you mentioned in your post since the CTD happened when both the king and heir were killed due to the ransom being rejected.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

death of both the heir and the faction leader, specially if they are the last living characters of the faction... We are gradually implementing the counter-measures to this
    Right, even if I don't know what do we do . How do we do it then?

@Ensyvtre: how did you managed to get Hanseatic League in Lund? And why there's no such a building in Visby?
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; April 08, 2021 at 01:19 PM.

Thanks a lot, I'm not on my gaming comp right now, could you also tell me if the cumans still hold the settlement Sharkil? It looks like there may be a problem with the faction emergence script.
    I checked and yes, they do - it is their capital I hope this helps you eliminate the crashes somewhat, I really like this medieval faction simulator! it is less frustrating than Crusader Kings, and much more enjoyable (at least for me!) with battles

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post

@Ensyvtre: how did you managed to get Hanseatic League in Lund? And why there's no such a building in Visby?
    I just got the prompt asking if I wanted to construct the building and accepted it.
    I'm not sure if I've done anything specific to trigger that offer; I think it happened somewhat early on in the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Ensyvtre View Post
    I just got the prompt asking if I wanted to construct the building and accepted it.
    I'm not sure if I've done anything specific to trigger that offer; I think it happened somewhat early on in the campaign.
    Ok, this means that the Hanseatic guild is not working as foreseen. What is of lesser importance for I'm going to change nature of this building from a guild to a normal area-specific building according to this map:

Quote Originally Posted by khatmar View Post
    I checked and yes, they do - it is their capital I hope this helps you eliminate the crashes somewhat, I really like this medieval faction simulator! it is less frustrating than Crusader Kings, and much more enjoyable (at least for me!) with battles
    Yeah, I would suppose that it's the feeling of most of us who play this game with this mod. Additionally, the Crusader Kings are less of an empire-building (esp. if you compare it with Europa Universalis or Imperator: Rome).
    I hope more historical buildings will make you happy:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Lord Lotion's Avatar Civis

Dear SSHIP team,

Thank you for your outstanding and very impressive masterpiece that is this overhaul mod. I am deeply impressed and enjoying it a lot. However I have encountered a game and heart-braking CTD failure that prohibits me from continuing to build my empire. Can you please help? See below the last 10 lines of my logfile. Thank you very kindly, Cheers*

21:38:13.055 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Masons_No_MasterGuild_Bonus> fired
    21:38:13.055 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Explorers_No_Guild_Bonus> fired
    21:38:13.055 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Thiefs_No_Guild_Bonus> fired
    21:38:13.055 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Assassins_No_Guild_Bonus> fired
    21:38:13.055 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Swordsmiths_No_Guild_Bonus> fired
    21:38:13.055 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Woodsmens_No_Guild_Bonus> fired
    21:38:13.055 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <HorseBreeders_No_Guild_Bonus> fired
    21:38:13.426 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_lose.bik]Pause on
    21:38:13.494 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    =L.H.=

Hi Lord Lotion,
    Please upload a save and tell us which version are you using (that from January 11.01.21? or ver. 097 H ? with or without KCC?)
    JoC

We have to remove as much WhenToTest BecomesFactionLeader as possible, it is discussed in this thread, and I remember Gigantus talking about that in the SSHIP bug reports too. It is somewhere on my to-fo list!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Lotion View Post
    Dear SSHIP team,

Thank you for your outstanding and very impressive masterpiece that is this overhaul mod. I am deeply impressed and enjoying it a lot. However I have encountered a game and heart-braking CTD failure that prohibits me from continuing to build my empire. Can you please help? See below the last 10 lines of my logfile. Thank you very kindly, Cheers*

21:38:13.055 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Masons_No_MasterGuild_Bonus> fired
    21:38:13.055 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Explorers_No_Guild_Bonus> fired
    21:38:13.055 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Thiefs_No_Guild_Bonus> fired
    21:38:13.055 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Assassins_No_Guild_Bonus> fired
    21:38:13.055 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Swordsmiths_No_Guild_Bonus> fired
    21:38:13.055 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Woodsmens_No_Guild_Bonus> fired
    21:38:13.055 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <HorseBreeders_No_Guild_Bonus> fired
    21:38:13.494 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Sorry, that's to little info for me to help you, could you send us the full log file and the savegame (using mediafire, mega, dropbox, really any file hosting you like!) and tell us wich SSHIP version you are using?

Quote Originally Posted by Ensyvtre View Post
    No, Bergen was just their only settlement left. The battle was a field battle so I assume it triggered the bug you mentioned in your post since the CTD happened when both the king and heir were killed due to the ransom being rejected.
    Interesting, looks like the settlement going rebel trigger the SettlementCaptured event? I'll have to look into it.
    In the meantime, my advice to progress in you game: open the console in-game, enter "surrender_regions norway" and it would destroy norway for you. You actually did it, so it it not really cheating!
    Last edited by Belovèse; April 08, 2021 at 04:30 PM.
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Dear SSHIP team,

Thank you very much for your swift reply and forgive my inaptitude when it comes to professional bug reporting.
    As for the requested details:

- I am using SSHIP Ver 0.9.7.
    - It is a steam version clean install over Stainless Steel ss 6.3
    - I have been testing intensively for around 150 hours so far playing as HRE and England.
    - I have ocasionally encountered CTD issues but these were mostly solved either by restarting, reloading older saves or interestingly enough sometimes moving my spies and other agents out of view range, that would have otherwise shown me AI movements after ending a turn! Strange, isn´t it?
    - I am not using any other mods other than the above mentioned two.
    - I am running Win 10 prof as OS.
    - Please find the correspondend save file under the following link:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/pmir5...aker_.sav/file

I really do hope that these details might provide some insights into the problem and hopefully contribute to further squashing game- and experience breaking crashes.
    I have already become somewhat paranoid catching myself praying each time I press the next turn button: "Please don´t crash, please don´t do it...!"

Thank you once more in advance for all your hard work and time!
    Last edited by Lord Lotion; April 08, 2021 at 07:16 PM.
    =L.H.=

Just tried out a couple of turns of the 0.98 beta from @Jurand. I noticed that both of the rebel generals in Wales have no names

Thanks, @Cherish, this is exactly the info we need. We'll have a look.

@Lord Lotion, I'll have a look. I assume you know there're patches G and H to fix certain issues (mind that they're not for KCC minimod, but you've mentioned you're not using any minimod)
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; April 09, 2021 at 07:19 AM.

Thanks, @Cherish, this is exactly the info we need. We'll have a look.

@Lord Lotion, I'll have a look. I assume you know there're patches G and H to fix certain issues (mind that they're not for KCC minimod, but you've mentioned you're not using any minimod)
    Hi Jurand, how´s life?!

Yes indeed. I forgot to mention (ofcs!) that I have installed patch G and and H as instructed in the mod installation guide.
    Have a great weekend and thank you very much for taking time to look into the matter!

Cheers*
    =L.H.=

Having a real issue getting through winter 1272 as Serbia. Normally I can get through turn crashes by trying a bunch of times until it works but no dice.

System log here https://drive.google.com/file/d/199U...ew?usp=sharing

I'm using the prepackaged all in one zipped version of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Lotion View Post
    Hi Jurand, how´s life?!

Yes indeed. I forgot to mention (ofcs!) that I have installed patch G and and H as instructed in the mod installation guide.
    Have a great weekend and thank you very much for taking time to look into the matter!

Cheers*
    I've tried to move your game forward several times, but it crashes always on the Norwegian turn (who are powerful and adventurous, and both FH and FL seem to be alive and kicking). I have no idea what might caused this crash, maybe @Gigantus or @Belovese could help...
    I doubt it has something to do with the amount of money you've amassed but this is impressive. It was natural or give_money? Because you're running your budget even better that our governments currently - 150% budget deficit.

Quote Originally Posted by DOGMILK View Post
    Having a real issue getting through winter 1272 as Serbia. Normally I can get through turn crashes by trying a bunch of times until it works but no dice.

System log here https://drive.google.com/file/d/199U...ew?usp=sharing

I'm using the prepackaged all in one zipped version of the game.
    Thanks for this question. Given that you're very advanced in the game (you got Bardi Bank event), could you share with us impression our campaign - here, in this thread. Upload the save as well, pls.

Here is the solution to your problem (I hope): put it in to the folder /data/text in the mod folder. Overwrite both files, ofc.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; April 11, 2021 at 08:15 AM.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

I've tried to move your game forward several times, but it crashes always on the Norwegian turn (who are powerful and adventurous, and both FH and FL seem to be alive and kicking). I have no idea what might caused this crash, maybe @Gigantus or @Belovese could help...
    I doubt it has something to do with the amount of money you've amassed but this is impressive. It was natural or give_money? Because you're running your budget even better that our governments currently - 150% budget deficit.

I see this version is installed without KCC. Maybe this is what causes CTD ?

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    I see this version is installed without KCC. Maybe this is what causes CTD ?
    with KCC you can't even run the file.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

with KCC you can't even run the file.
    Even if you install KCC 0.9.5 and then KCC 0.9.6 beta ???

Oh yes I understand. More recent versions have seen changes especially with EDB and campaign_script ... it's time that everyone can play on the same version !!!
    Last edited by kostic; April 11, 2021 at 08:42 AM.

Cleaned out Stainless Steel, installed the single file as requested. Can't even start the game - it crashes within a few seconds. The system log says this happens:

11:27:46.474 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    11:27:46.475 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    11:27:46.479 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    11:27:46.480 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    11:27:46.480 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    11:27:46.481 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    11:27:46.481 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    11:27:46.481 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    11:27:52.507 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/ss6.3/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 196, column 32
    Invalid ownership type 'rum' found in unit 'baghlah'.
    11:27:52.507 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file mods/ss6.3/data/export_descr_unit.txt.
    Alii inferre bellum, facientibus pacem.

At this moment I advise just to download the January version from this entry and play it as such. Otherwise multiple errors may occur, not worth your time to find out what's up.

At this moment I advise just to download the January version from this entry and play it as such. Otherwise multiple errors may occur, not worth your time to find out what's up.
    I figured it out - I was dumb and tried to run the SS-setup off the single-file version. Game loads now that I just hit the exe.
    Alii inferre bellum, facientibus pacem.