Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Oh god the aliens are stealing our water while you fight each other !!!!

Those goddamn reptilian illuminati

Hi Everyone!
    I abandoned my Portugal campaign and moved to the other side of the world to play as the Seljuks. Things are going well, but I have encountered one minor bug that is easily circumvented, but I figured I would post it. I am currently attempting to sally out from being besieged at Al-Basra. When I go to move a 3-men unit of Fari Archers, the game crashes. No moving other units does not appear to cause the crash. The unit begins with zero ammunition. Moving the unit at any point during the battle causes the crash.
    I am including the save and the log (although I checked the log and it doesn't say much, despite having the more detailed log).
    Save = https://easyupload.io/qx7nbl
    Log = https://easyupload.io/un3t11
    I am currently using 0.97 + patch H + KCC 0.95.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

There is a 'minimum soldier to keep unit alive' setting in the EDU - 3 soldier units should not exist after a battle, should be looked into. Why do they have no ammunition? Have they expended all during the current battle?

Hi Gigantus,
    The 3 soldiers were the leftovers of the combining units of Fari Archers together after a previous battle.
    They begin the battle without ammunition.
    I was able to complete the battle by entirely neglecting this unit. I had experimented a bit before moving on and found that regardless of what was done with the unit and when it was done during the battle, any time the unit was manipulated, it caused a crash.

Blog Entries

I think it might have to do with the 'min soldiers' setting. I would suggest to either disband or retrain the unit.

I already have had 2-soldiers units without bugs in the battlefield, but iirc the setting you talk about Gig is set for each unit in EDB? If that's the case we might as well remove it from the game.

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

I wonder if the problem is not more with the battle AI ... Sometimes it does seem that certain movements in battle cause a CTD; as if the AI ​​had not planned this type of action.
    Sometimes there are bugs in battle for which I have never found the origin. Often, reloading with the previous save goes without the bug.

On the other hand, a missile unit starts with ammunition all the time. It's weird that this is not the case here.

Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse View Post
    Sorry to hear that, try the "one folder" install: completely remove SSHIP ans SS 6.4, download this version and just unzip it in the "mods" folder.
    Depending on your country the download stops at 5gb, and you have to wait before it can resume.
    Wow, thanks so muchhh, it works!

Quote Originally Posted by belisarium View Post
    Wow, thanks so muchhh, it works!
    You're welcome, enjoy!

Senator

I can't get this mod to work and it always crashes on launch and gives me the "Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit." error.

I am using the non steam version on Win 10 and I did a fresh install of Medieval 2 + Kingdoms in C: and then installed Stainless Steel 6.3+6.4 (the moddb one linked in this mods download thread), and it was playable and didn't crash on launch.
    But as soon as I install this mod it I am getting a ctd as soon as I try to launch the game.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    12:39:21.089 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for ANISELECT
    12:39:21.089 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_SABOTAGE
    12:39:21.089 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_TRADE
    12:39:21.104 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGABLE
    12:39:21.104 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGING
    12:39:21.104 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MULTIPLE_SELECT
    12:39:21.104 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ATTACK
    12:39:21.104 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_CHARACTER
    12:39:21.104 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_RESOURCE
    12:39:21.104 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_FORT
    12:39:21.104 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MOVE_OBJECT
    12:39:21.104 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_WATCHTOWER
    12:39:21.104 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_DEPLOYMENT_AREA
    12:39:21.104 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_TILE
    12:39:21.104 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SPECIAL_PIECE
    12:39:21.104 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PAINT
    12:39:21.104 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADJUST_HEIGHTS
    12:39:21.104 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADD_UNIT
    12:39:21.104 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SETTLEMENT
    12:39:21.330 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

Try this one-folder install, just download and unzip in the mods folder. Works well for a lot of people, hope it work for you too.

Senator

Thanks ,it's working fine so far.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse View Post
    I already have had 2-soldiers units without bugs in the battlefield, but iirc the setting you talk about Gig is set for each unit in EDB? If that's the case we might as well remove it from the game.

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk
    It's in the EDU: stat_stl line
    Don't think you can remove it, rather set it to a sensible number as the AI does not merge or retrain. Doesn't help the game if a full AI stack has less then 300 soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    It's in the EDU: stat_stl line
    Don't think you can remove it, rather set it to a sensible number as the AI does not merge or retrain. Doesn't help the game if a full AI stack has less then 300 soldiers.
    Well there are only 3 or 4 occurrences of stat_stl in our EDU, and by the way not on the Fari Archers so the reported bug was coming from elsewhere.
    I'll have a look in EBII and ROTK to see how it's used and if we could implement it, also have to discuss with the team.
    For me I like the feeling of having like 2 survivor in a whole unit, but I understand problems are caused by how the AI handles merging and reforming.

Senator

I'm getting a repeatable ctd during a battle ,the crash usually happens right before or after my cav charges.
    Checked the system log and it is pretty massive and there were serveral errors during the battle.

Edit:I got another crash caused by a missing file: "gs_kmail_kmail_serbia.texture" in SSHIP098\data\unit_models\sandy_units\en_lmail_hmail\textures was missing .I managed to "fix" it by copying the gs_kmail_kmail_rebels and renaming it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Sint; March 02, 2021 at 01:43 PM.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

I encountered a new graphical bug on a battle map south of Hamadan.

As a reminder, even further south, the river crossing looked like this:

On the other hand, I replaced the Turkopole archers on foot by their model on horseback. I don't know if this is historical, but this unit had a look that didn't match their armor stats at all.

@Sint: for the missing texture, I pointed it out when downloading my KCC 0.9.5 submod.
    With all the new changes in progress, it is possible that I release a KCC 0.9.6 version in a single block in order to avoid this succession of fixes to be added later.
    Unless we directly release an SSHIP 0.9.8 version containing all current changes and fixes.

Can anyone get me pass turn 280 with Pisa? I always crash at the rebels turn. My version of the mod is the full version from Meganz. I've included the save and system log. Tnx!

https://mega.nz/file/cXgD0arJ#t3tnzp...-SGj-KB15JREcw

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Waluk View Post
    Can anyone get me pass turn 280 with Pisa? I always crash at the rebels turn. My version of the mod is the full version from Meganz. I've included the save and system log. Tnx!

https://mega.nz/file/cXgD0arJ#t3tnzp...-SGj-KB15JREcw
    without looking into the save, I'd guess you need patch H. See here. Save compatible.

I'm already using the version which includes all the patches from 10. 1. 2021, downloaded from meganz. The last time I thought i had to put patch H on top of it, I broke my game with Pisa on turn 9 or so (posted about it some 2 weeks ago). Tried again replacing the two historic events file from patch H and it still wouldn't pass the turn 280.