Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: [Release] SSHIP v0.9.6 downloadable - 6th of December 2019

Guys, use the bovine checker (it's actually called 'silver surfers' in the tool) to identify all units that are lacking faction textures.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: [Release] SSHIP v0.9.6 downloadable - 6th of December 2019

Can't make it work. When I try it, it doesn't find any problem
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Hello, I play campaign for England, but my game fall when I reach 72 turn. Is it possible fix this problem?
    I started play new campaign and game falled in first turn...

I installed latest version and new patch.. but when I play for any faction, the game crash very often.

How can I fix it, when game will crash?

The mod is very entertaining and I would like to play 200+ turns for differently factions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails england.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Varmir View Post
    I prefer to send spies around to see what the enemy is doing. They are mobile and cause unrest, revolts and all sorts of good things!

Yeah true, when the enemy has units, they fight and they cheese. They run away when they cannot win and they will attack you when you enter the doors of a tower and decimate you. When your unit and an enemy 1 enter towers imultaneously, yours gets massacred in 1-3 seconds. Happenned to Druzina and Bardiche militia from some stupid Spear Militias. When I sent another Bardiche militia to punish them they just ran and could not catch them. I quit the siege.
    Heavy Boyars are from vanilla SS 6.4
    I guess you cheated for do that map and money, its impossible on this mod 136. turn to get all russia and poland

Quote Originally Posted by Med2warrior View Post
    I guess you cheated for do that map and money, its impossible on this mod 136. turn to get all russia and poland
    I will send you the last save when Mongols invaded, Byzantines betrayed me and all things fall apart. No I did not cheat. I play at Medium difficulty and managed cities well. But as I said, when Mongols invaded, all fall apart. My economy counted on the huge Khwarezmian cities ( I have conquered half of Persia as well, and Hungary and Serbia), and without them, it will all collapse. I abandoned it since I was too stupid not to make cheap spear and bardiche garrisons in these cities and started a new one as Persia with the knowledge of the previous campaign. Now I know what generals to put in which cities, which is VERY important if you want to grow them and get even more money. It is on Medium difficulty again, as I hate to have to play the agent minigame.

I have some new bugs and typos to report.

1) The city Pskov, in the map is named Pleskov. But in the general window, it is called Pskov, and caused some 30sec confusion to me trying to find the city Pskov in the map. Then I realised that it was the one named Pleskov.

2) In some cities, you get to retrain the same heavy cavalry units every turn. Do they get something special, like XP, or is it a bug? It was general unit and Boyars in a Fortress.

3) I have seen this in vanilla, you get to start a battle almost at dusk, and suddenly the sun goes down and you play in a very dark and annoying screen.

4) The city Derbent, is named Bal Al-Abwab but the general window still calls it Derbent if he is the Duke of the city. Same thing with Pskov issue.

5) In a siege, I took a Scandinavian Guard unit off the ram, and the front row of their formation had invisible axes.

6) When I decide to fight a battle on the battle map, after the loading bar fills I get ctd. Every time. When I reload the game, the battle loads without issue. I endorse my log and save files.

Because I did not have the patience to add spoiler and image after each issue, I will post the screenshots in the same order as the issues reported.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Also 1 game-play questino. is there a way to tell my units to move towards a location and attack everything on their way? It is very usefull when the AI uses cheap tricks like making their units a ball and pulling back the one you have ordered to be attacked and sending you another. This causes your units to get heavy casualties since it tries to chase the one running away, while getting hit bby the latter unit.

Also schiltrons sometimes - usually when defending gates - after getting some casualties start spinning, and while moving and not fighting get massive losses. Is this fixable?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Setwo View Post
    Hello, I play campaign for England, but my game fall when I reach 72 turn. Is it possible fix this problem?
    I started play new campaign and game falled in first turn...

I installed latest version and new patch.. but when I play for any faction, the game crash very often.

How can I fix it, when game will crash?

The mod is very entertaining and I would like to play 200+ turns for differently factions.
    Well, I've managed to go further see the pic (perhaps also more, but I haven't checked).
    However, something is clearly wrong with your built - judging on the traits and ancillaries the generals got.

I have some new bugs and typos to report.

1) The city Pskov, in the map is named Pleskov. But in the general window, it is called Pskov, and caused some 30sec confusion to me trying to find the city Pskov in the map. Then I realised that it was the one named Pleskov.

2) In some cities, you get to retrain the same heavy cavalry units every turn. Do they get something special, like XP, or is it a bug? It was general unit and Boyars in a Fortress.

3) I have seen this in vanilla, you get to start a battle almost at dusk, and suddenly the sun goes down and you play in a very dark and annoying screen.

4) The city Derbent, is named Bal Al-Abwab but the general window still calls it Derbent if he is the Duke of the city. Same thing with Pskov issue.

5) In a siege, I took a Scandinavian Guard unit off the ram, and the front row of their formation had invisible axes.

6) When I decide to fight a battle on the battle map, after the loading bar fills I get ctd. Every time. When I reload the game, the battle loads without issue. I endorse my log and save files.

Because I did not have the patience to add spoiler and image after each issue, I will post the screenshots in the same order as the issues reported.

Also 1 game-play questino. is there a way to tell my units to move towards a location and attack everything on their way? It is very usefull when the AI uses cheap tricks like making their units a ball and pulling back the one you have ordered to be attacked and sending you another. This causes your units to get heavy casualties since it tries to chase the one running away, while getting hit bby the latter unit.

Also schiltrons sometimes - usually when defending gates - after getting some casualties start spinning, and while moving and not fighting get massive losses. Is this fixable?
    1) ok, I got it. I the future Pskov will probably be independent and the script will change the name into the Slavic one if conquered by a Slavic faction..
    2) I don't know, I'll keep this in mind in the future.
    3) not my area.
    4) Derbent hasn't been modded yet, I'll keep this in mind when time is right.
    5) not my area.
    6) not my area.

game question - I think you need to micro-manage
    schildtroms - dunno.

It's a feature. Some buildings (jousting arena, nomad camp, horse breeders guilds, etc) allow you to train cavalry for xp. Some units take several turns to "level up", you have to pay for every session.

Again, a feature. Weather conditions and daytime might change during combat. Use the "wait" function before the combat begins if you prefer some specific weather or time of day.

is there a way to tell my units to move towards a location and attack everything on their way?
    It's default behaviour.

Yes, don't move schiltroms and shieldwalls. These are defensive formations - if you need to move your units, disable schiltrom/shieldwall first, move to intended position, enable formation again. The shifting you mentioned is normal behavior - units auto-reform upon suffering casualties. That goes for standard formations too.

I will send you the last save when Mongols invaded, Byzantines betrayed me and all things fall apart. No I did not cheat. I play at Medium difficulty and managed cities well. But as I said, when Mongols invaded, all fall apart. My economy counted on the huge Khwarezmian cities ( I have conquered half of Persia as well, and Hungary and Serbia), and without them, it will all collapse. I abandoned it since I was too stupid not to make cheap spear and bardiche garrisons in these cities and started a new one as Persia with the knowledge of the previous campaign. Now I know what generals to put in which cities, which is VERY important if you want to grow them and get even more money. It is on Medium difficulty again, as I hate to have to play the agent minigame.
    I find your save very interesting. So what exactly happened next? Maybe you can put some info + pics in the relevant section ?

I think Persian (Turk) campaign is very difficult exactly due to the Mongols - you've got 100 years to prepare for the onslaught.

Can anyone please explain what is this "building"?

So far I only saw it in one settlement - Bolghar. At first I thought it was a temporary thing that will go away in time. Then I started to wonder if I was supposed to demolish it myself after some time, as a house rule or something? If that's the case, maybe you should have mentioned it in the description? Why is it there anyway?

So here is Bolghar:

Current governor is decent, but not great by any means. And yet 0% corruption, not a sign of unrest, rather insane income, 150k+ population. Very high taxes. No other huge settlement is so easily managed.

And here is Bolghar when I demolish the "building" in question:

It becomes as problematic as any other huge settlement.

So. What is it even?

yes, this is a temporary building. should go away , it's a bug it hasn't. Demolishing is exactly the thing you should have done. I've added description "Demolish it if shown in-game."

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    yes, this is a temporary building. should go away , it's a bug it hasn't. Demolishing is exactly the thing you should have done. I've added description "Demolish it if shown in-game."
    In my playthrough, it went away the 1st time I took Bolghar. But when they rebelled it reappeared, and when I retook the city, it never went away. I cheesed and kept it!!!

Hi !
    I'm new in this forum but not in this great mod !
    But I can't play the latest version : "Medieval2 encountered an unspecified error and will now exit" when I launch the game. Here is my log :

12:11:45.592 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    12:11:45.607 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    12:11:45.607 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    12:11:45.607 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    12:11:45.607 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    12:11:45.607 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    12:11:45.607 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    12:11:45.607 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    12:11:52.753 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Can someone help me please ?

Blog Entries

Obviously, you haven't amended your config file as explain in the OP. Check this thread to know how. I'd suggest to use one of the 2 last examples
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Thank for your answer !
    Here is the log :

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

12:57:59.114 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    12:57:59.114 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    12:57:59.129 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/SS6.3/data/text/diplomacy_speech.txt.strings.bin is missing
    12:57:59.129 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/SS6.3/data/text/diplomacy_speech.txt is missing
    12:57:59.129 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/SS6.3/data/text/shortcut.txt.strings.bin is missing
    12:57:59.145 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/SS6.3/data/text/shortcut.txt is missing
    12:57:59.145 [system.io] [warning] open: preferences/player.txt is missing
    12:58:05.190 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for ANISELECT
    12:58:05.206 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_SABOTAGE
    12:58:05.221 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_TRADE
    12:58:05.253 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGABLE
    12:58:05.253 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGING
    12:58:05.268 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MULTIPLE_SELECT
    12:58:05.268 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ATTACK
    12:58:05.268 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_CHARACTER
    12:58:05.268 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_RESOURCE
    12:58:05.268 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_FORT
    12:58:05.268 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MOVE_OBJECT
    12:58:05.268 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_WATCHTOWER
    12:58:05.268 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_DEPLOYMENT_AREA
    12:58:05.268 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_TILE
    12:58:05.268 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SPECIAL_PIECE
    12:58:05.268 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PAINT
    12:58:05.268 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADJUST_HEIGHTS
    12:58:05.268 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADD_UNIT
    12:58:05.268 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SETTLEMENT
    12:58:06.525 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Sorry I don't manage the /spoiler !
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; March 25, 2020 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Posts merged and spoiler added for clarity

Blog Entries

I've done it for you.
    It doesn't say much. Can you upload your last save?

I don't have any save : I just can't load the game : CTD at starting ! SS.4 works correctly before I install SSHIP, and I've never had any problem with mods, or with SSHI P0.95.

Blog Entries

The point by uploading your save is that we can use it and see what's happening. Sometimes it helps to solve the issue.
    If the issue persists, I'd say start a new game. If it's still there, then re-install SSHIP.

Another issue I have ran into, is when you send several siege towers to the enemy walls and they are close to each other, when 1 arrives 1st, the infantry on the adjacent one abandons its tower and runs to climb on the 1st one. It is not a big issue, you can order them to get on their own tower and go to the wall, but, you know, if it is fixable why not to fix it?

Furthermore, the city named al-Wasit (north of Bashra, east of Baghdad) does not seem to give and title to its governor.