Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

MCJ's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Hello

I have a problem that when i start the mod it doesn't play in full screen, only half and at inferior resolution, is there a way to fix this?
    It is my first time installing and playing SSHIP version 098

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

See here

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

An easier way (not requiring a dive into the directories) is to simply adjust the game's resolution via 'options' to the size of the desktop's resolution. See the post under kostic's link. The game's default is 1024*768 so I am taking a guess your desktop resolution is a standard 1920*1080?

It will also retain the benefit of windowed mode as explained there.
    Last edited by Gigantus; April 24, 2022 at 01:39 PM.

MCJ's Avatar Foederatus

Thank you both for your help (@Gigantus, @Kostic) !

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    @Mapengraf : You have to go to the .cfg file modify a line... it's a frequent question but I don't remember what to replace.

The Grathus crash remains a mystery. I made the missing unit cards for the rebels as well as the info_units and retried the battle: the crash still happens when the first units enter the city. The 1st log made me believe in a missing texture but this is not the case because the game still crashes even after giving the textures to the engine. Two logs:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    2022.04.15 19:10

just to let you known that i had manny ctd's like the banners ctd, in mine private game i play, first i thought it was related to the map, then i found out i was about some units, sometimes i could enter the battle without a ctd and finish it and(even the same unit from the slave faction could enter the battle) sometimes i could not enter the battle, and it gave me the banner text error in the log, then i found out why, it was a wrong formation from the unit(in mine game from 2 elephants units) in the export_descr_unit, wrong formation 4, 6, 9, 12, 2, horde ;maybe related to the battle ai that has no horde formation in his ai? so i changed the formation and could play the battle, the elephants units were ctd in custom battle, what i did not known, maybe i changed the battle ai and this battle ai had no horde formation in it.

19:08:42.472 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/banners/textures/faction_variations/kievan_rus/Faction_banner_rebels.texture
    19:08:42.472 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/faction_variations/kievan_rus/Faction_banner_rebels.texture
    19:08:42.473 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_rebels.texture
    19:08:42.473 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_rebels.texture
    19:08:42.473 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/banners/textures/faction_variations/kievan_rus/Faction_banner_rebels_trans.texture
    19:08:42.473 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/faction_variations/kievan_rus/Faction_banner_rebels_trans.texture
    19:08:42.473 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_rebels_trans.texture
    19:08:42.473 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_rebels_trans.texture
    19:08:42.873 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/banners/textures/faction_variations/kievan_rus/Faction_banner_rebels.texture
    19:08:42.873 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/faction_variations/kievan_rus/Faction_banner_rebels.texture
    19:08:42.873 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_rebels.texture
    19:08:42.873 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_rebels.texture
    19:08:42.873 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/banners/textures/faction_variations/kievan_rus/Faction_banner_rebels_trans.texture
    19:08:42.873 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/faction_variations/kievan_rus/Faction_banner_rebels_trans.texture
    19:08:42.873 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_rebels_trans.texture
    19:08:42.874 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_rebels_trans.texture
    19:08:51.294 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

2022.04.15 19:23

19:23:39.960 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 39154 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    19:23:39.960 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 39329 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    19:23:39.960 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 39504 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    19:23:39.960 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 39679 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    19:23:39.960 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 39854 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    19:23:39.960 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <battle_wait> at line 40026 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    19:23:39.960 [game.script.timer.battle] [trace] Battle timer started 10.00 @ 193.6, line number 40026
    19:23:41.943 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    getting older

Not actually a bug per se. But I do want to ask, why does the "Fari" units is named as such? Shouldn't be just Faris instead? The word Faris itself means "Knight", if it is only Fari then it doesnt mean anything, as far as my knowledge that is

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Darknight36 View Post
    Not actually a bug per se. But I do want to ask, why does the "Fari" units is named as such? Shouldn't be just Faris instead? The word Faris itself means "Knight", if it is only Fari then it doesnt mean anything, as far as my knowledge that is
    I don't know, I think it's inherited from the base Stainless Steel.
    Me, I also know the word "Faris", not "Fari".
    This part of the mod awaits update.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I don't know, I think it's inherited from the base Stainless Steel.
    Me, I also know the word "Faris", not "Fari".
    This part of the mod awaits update.
    Alright, oh and I'm rewriting ancillaries, traits and its description so that its strange spaces in-game and changing some weird descriptions (such as the Arab ministerial descr) while aslo making it more uniformed and informative
    i.e, instead of "Increased loyalty", it actually states "+2 Loyalty"

Do I post this in the mini mods sub forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Darknight36 View Post
    Alright, oh and I'm rewriting ancillaries, traits and its description so that its strange spaces in-game and changing some weird descriptions (such as the Arab ministerial descr) while aslo making it more uniformed and informative
    i.e, instead of "Increased loyalty", it actually states "+2 Loyalty"

Do I post this in the mini mods sub forum?
    Very good! You're welcome! Just do it!
    I'll then use WinMerge and perhaps integrate many of your changes with the mod, shall you allow for it.

Well the changes are not so game changing I would say, more like a streamlining of contents.

Very good! You're welcome! Just do it!
    I'll then use WinMerge and perhaps integrate many of your changes with the mod, shall you allow for it.
    Sure, please do so after I finished it. Currently completed 1/5 of the ancillary

Hey guys, playing the most recent update and it is absolutely amazing! I'm over 100 turns in my Roman Campaign and a couple things I noticed that may need to be tweaked are:
    - The script for the notification for Moscow being founded pops up every now and then, shouldn't it only pop up once?
    - My FL got the crown for the Romans, Rus, and Serbia, is this supposed to happen?
    - Is diplomacy supposed to be this rigid? I can barely get another faction to agree to trade rights.

Once again I completely love the update, keep up the great work

Quote Originally Posted by Konstantinos XII Rhomaios View Post
    Hey guys, playing the most recent update and it is absolutely amazing! I'm over 100 turns in my Roman Campaign and a couple things I noticed that may need to be tweaked are:
    - The script for the notification for Moscow being founded pops up every now and then, shouldn't it only pop up once?
    - My FL got the crown for the Romans, Rus, and Serbia, is this supposed to happen?
    - Is diplomacy supposed to be this rigid? I can barely get another faction to agree to trade rights.

Once again I completely love the update, keep up the great work
    Thanks, Konstantinos!
    - Moscow - yeah, we've noticed it and already fixed for the patch
    - crown - interesting as the same happened for another crown, we need to see where's an error
    - diplomacy - I'd think @Macaras will answer.
    If you'd be kind enough to upload a save, this would help us!
    cheers
    JoC

To obtain trade rights its not difficult unless you waged a war and the relations are very bad. Alliances are supposed to be difficult, but if you are in turn 100 with Romans you should be able to easily make them change their mind paying some additional 20k gold? If not ai sometimes will agree or propose you an alliance against common enemy or sometimes you may marry into the royal families.

Playing as the Byzantines, and I'm not sure if this is a bug or just an oversight of a unit that should've been removed. The Symachika_Tagmata infantry unit that spawns in a few of your settlements has yet to show up in recruitment anywhere, so I cannot retrain the units I was given at the start of the campaign. I'm currently on turn 67 year 1165 and I just recently gained the option to train the Gasmuli (Italic-Greco crossbows). I'm curious to know if the Symachika were supposed to be cut (Odd that the name in-game has the underscore) or if I just need to wait longer.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardDuck View Post
    Playing as the Byzantines, and I'm not sure if this is a bug or just an oversight of a unit that should've been removed. The Symachika_Tagmata infantry unit that spawns in a few of your settlements has yet to show up in recruitment anywhere, so I cannot retrain the units I was given at the start of the campaign. I'm currently on turn 67 year 1165 and I just recently gained the option to train the Gasmuli (Italic-Greco crossbows). I'm curious to know if the Symachika were supposed to be cut (Odd that the name in-game has the underscore) or if I just need to wait longer.
    Yes, i think that issue is a bug... I mentioned it a while ago in this post about byzantines and others...

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...-testing/page4
    Last edited by j.a.luna; May 11, 2022 at 12:47 AM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

I am on turn 148 of Abbasid campaign, but facing CTD which I cannot move on. Please help!
    Here is my log link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wZc...ew?usp=sharing

Quote Originally Posted by minhnd6789 View Post
    I am on turn 148 of Abbasid campaign, but facing CTD which I cannot move on. Please help!
    Here is my log link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wZc...ew?usp=sharing
    upload a save, I'll have a look

upload a save, I'll have a look
    Here is my save. I am newbie for these kind of uploading. Please let me know if I miss something. Thank you very much!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C3z...ew?usp=sharing

I didn't have any problems. Here is your turn 149. You've just lost 1 city and 2 battles in autoresolve.
    In general - it's an impressive campaign. You're a great conqueror.
    Difficulty is Medium, right?