Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Ah, I too have encountered the levy archer bug, makes for an interesting experience
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Anyways, since I'm making this post I might as well chip in with some other stuff. Being Norwegian, and a fan of Norwegian history I jumped in, and started a Norway campaign - I'm having a lot of fun, and what comes below is mostly nitpicking. I might come across as negative, but that's merely me trying to be precise about the points - overall I very much enjoy the mod.

My biggest issue is with the two units you'll use the most early game. Drengjar, and Viking Drengjar. Drengjar is norse for youth, and is used in Danish today (Dreng=boy).
    However:

They have the same description, and very similar names- a viking youth is apparently quite a lot worse than a normal youth. I think it'd be a lot better if one of the names were switched out, and a different description provided for preferably both. I'm a bit of a history buff, and the mod reflects the overall theme of the Norwegian army at the time being farmers, the so called leiðangr.

Huskarlar is already plural, and thus the Huskarlars in the description is uneccesary

The Veiðimenn are described as being unable to fight an being awful in melee, yet their stats are better than the Viking Drengjar, who are cited as not to be underestimated.

I'm not fluent in all the mechanics of the game and how things are supposed to be, so by all means correct me if I'm wrong. However, upon building an Archery Range one unlocks the Gestir. But if you upgrade the Range to a Marksmans Rage, the option to recruit Gestir is removed, and no new units added - Why is that?

Since we're going all out on historical accuracy, I should mention that there is no evidence or sources of Dragon Boats having ballistas on them (Yes, I know it's the vanilla description, but I thought I'd mention it)

The landeværnmenn are spelled differently in the unit name and description, I'm not quite sure which one you want to go for. Anyways, Landeværn means "land defence". I'll here bring in what I mentioned earlier - the leiðangr. (Leidgang in more modern Norwegian). Leidgang was how the Norwegian army was raised. All farmers had a duty to serve, and that was called Leidgang. Thus, I think it's better if landeværn, although appropriate (but not historically used) could be replaced by leiðangr.

Swede or Swedish

Skjöldborgsmen have a few typos in the description, "Norses" and "ofr" (Norse and for)

Now, I see this comes across as a tad nitpicky, but I thought I'd go all in - If you'd like it, I'd be happy to write some new (better?) descriptions for the Norwegian unit roster. Cheerio!
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Thanks for the tips KA.

Regarding the Norse rosters (Norway and Denmark), I've already a few ideas. Let me put things in order and I'll PM you
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Sounds good
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Default Crushader States no icon/flags

So after v 0.9.5 the Crushader States have blank textures for flags in both campaign map and on field. I tested it /reinstalled it and it seems to be a problem

Ok so i reinstalled the game now , it seems Crusader States, Zengids, Seljuqs and Fatmids have no banners in my game, both on map and in battlemap. They have blank squares and blank flags. I reinstalled the game 3 times now, using bot 0.9.3 and 0.9.5 and is the same

19:47:42.858 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    19:47:42.859 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    19:47:42.861 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    19:47:42.862 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    19:47:42.862 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    19:47:42.863 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    19:47:42.863 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    19:47:42.863 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    19:47:46.004 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 522, column 21
    Could'n find ancillary effect description string <steward_effects_desc>.
    19:47:46.004 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 525, column 11
    Could'n find ancillary name string <steward_france>.
    19:47:46.005 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 562, column 21
    Could'n find ancillary effect description string <steward_greek_effects_desc>.
    19:47:46.005 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 565, column 11
    Could'n find ancillary name string <chamberlain>.
    19:49:08.394 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Also, it seems i have a CTD when entering battle map in Jerusalem siege. Anyone can explain the error?

Default Re: [Release] SSHIP v0.9.5 downloadable - 25th of December 2018

i have a problem running the game. Ss 6,4 runs fine but after i install sship i can not run it. I have steam version of the game and followed instructions. I have system log like that

01:46:28.576 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    01:46:28.577 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    01:46:28.584 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    01:46:28.589 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    01:46:28.594 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    01:46:28.598 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    01:46:28.615 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    01:46:28.619 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    01:46:28.980 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/text/diplomacy_speech.txt.strings.bin is missing
    01:46:28.980 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/text/diplomacy_speech.txt is missing
    01:46:29.060 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/text/shortcut.txt.strings.bin is missing
    01:46:29.063 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/text/shortcut.txt is missing
    01:46:32.147 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for ANISELECT
    01:46:32.164 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_SABOTAGE
    01:46:32.183 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_TRADE
    01:46:32.232 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGABLE
    01:46:32.232 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGING
    01:46:32.242 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MULTIPLE_SELECT
    01:46:32.242 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ATTACK
    01:46:32.242 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_CHARACTER
    01:46:32.242 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_RESOURCE
    01:46:32.242 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_FORT
    01:46:32.242 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MOVE_OBJECT
    01:46:32.242 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_WATCHTOWER
    01:46:32.242 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_DEPLOYMENT_AREA
    01:46:32.242 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_TILE
    01:46:32.242 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SPECIAL_PIECE
    01:46:32.242 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PAINT
    01:46:32.243 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADJUST_HEIGHTS
    01:46:32.243 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADD_UNIT
    01:46:32.243 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SETTLEMENT
    01:46:34.508 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/crusades/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 343, column 1
    Could not find battle model for mount 'Mount_order_Mailed_Horse'.
    01:46:34.508 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/crusades/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 358, column 1
    Could not find battle model for mount 'Mount_order_Mailed_Horse2'.
    01:46:34.889 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/text/event_titles.txt.strings.bin is missing
    01:46:34.905 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/text/event_titles.txt is missing
    01:46:34.912 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/text/event_strings.txt.strings.bin is missing
    01:46:34.923 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/text/event_strings.txt is missing
    01:46:35.423 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/crusades/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 2037, column 1
    Could not find mount battle model for unit type 'Mount_order_Mailed_Horse2'.

01:46:35.423 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file mods/crusades/data/export_descr_unit.txt.

any ideas?
    Hello. Today we are gathered here to do battle. Regretable, isn't it? but sometimes, you know, life is like that. You have to do something that you don't want to do, just because someone is telling you to do it. I didn't want to be here myself, but then my mother told me that I'd better make a reasonable show of it all, so here we go then...
    Today we fight against monsters - the Gauls! They are dangerous, mad and hairy beyond reason. In victory, they are always heartless.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Crushader States no icon/flags

Not by me. 0.9.5 run fine. Here pictures from Zengi campaign :

Blog Entries

@ Nemesis2345, no need to create threads for issues. That's the purpose of this one

Now, regarding your issue, I'm pretty sure that the mini-mods you tried to install previously are corrupting SSHIP install. I'd suggest first to remove the whole SS game and to re-install again SS6.3 + SS6.4 + SSHIP.

@ Bosphoran, I've move your post here as this is the right location for it. I've almost missed it where it was previously
    Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the M2TW Steam version. I'll try to help anyway
    Have you tried to launch the game after SS was installed and before to install SSHIP?
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; January 24, 2019 at 05:03 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    @ Nemesis2345, no need to create threads for issues. That's the purpose of this one

Now, regarding your issue, I'm pretty sure that the mini-mods you tried to install previously are corrupting SSHIP install. I'd suggest first to remove the whole SS game and to re-install again SS6.3 + SS6.4 + SSHIP.

@ Bosphoran, I've move your post here as this is the right location for it. I've almost missed it where it was previously

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the M2TW Steam version. I'll try to help anyway
    Have you tried to launch the game after SS was installed and before to install SSHIP?
    Nah it was worse. I basically installed 6.4 and SSHIP without first installing SS 6.3 . I installed them correctly now and it works as a charm. NOTE HOWEVER: The muslim faction boost minimod and Faction Specifics pros and cons minimod are giving me error and cant be installed. The other ones seem to work without problem . Anyway, the problem was my incompetence and im sorry for bothering you with that.

Blog Entries

No worries Mate. The most important is to get it work fine

I return with some new/old bugs that were unresolved.

1) Templar Heavy Spearmen are using sword animations instead of spear animations
    2) Hashashim Mercenaries cost 370 gold instead of 3700 i think, anyway is way cheaper for a mercenary troop of that caliber (elite infantry btw)
    3)I keep getting Antipope trait for one of my cardinals even though im not excommunicated. HOWEVER i only get as a message box and in game the cardinal does not get the trait physically, i just get message boxes every turn that he is antipope ...
    4) Some armies get stuck in Jerusalem area after a Crusade, they cant seem to find their way home and will die of old age in a spot next to the coast . Can be fixed with move_character however.
    5) Abtal Cavalry has no icon (they have the peasant from rome1 as replacer icon)

Thats all i could find, hope it helps

Yes I launched SS6.4 to see if it's working, I didn't start a campaign though. Then i followed instructions how to install sship 0.9.2, when i start the game, it shows stainless steel 6,4 with knight picture behind, then CTDs. I 'm sure there are people who have installed over steam succesfully
    Hello. Today we are gathered here to do battle. Regretable, isn't it? but sometimes, you know, life is like that. You have to do something that you don't want to do, just because someone is telling you to do it. I didn't want to be here myself, but then my mother told me that I'd better make a reasonable show of it all, so here we go then...
    Today we fight against monsters - the Gauls! They are dangerous, mad and hairy beyond reason. In victory, they are always heartless.

Blog Entries

Which Windows version are you using? 10 or previous?

windows 10

by the way after i installed stainless steel and sship i changed folder name to crusades
    01:46:34.889 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/text/event_titles.txt.strings.bin is missing
    01:46:34.905 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/text/event_titles.txt is missing
    01:46:34.912 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/text/event_strings.txt.strings.bin is missing
    01:46:34.923 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/text/event_strings.txt is missing
    01:46:35.423 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/crusades/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 2037, column 1
    Could not find mount battle model for unit type 'Mount_order_Mailed_Horse2'.

that's why this gives warning with crusades folder

Blog Entries

When you said that you saw the knight before the CTD happened, were you referring to the pic below?

If yes, try to re-install SS 6.3 a,d 6.4. Check that it works.
    Then extract SSHIP in a temporary location. You should get a "data" folder. Then merge that "data" folder with the one located in your SS folder.

yes thank you it worked this way

now it's time to have a cuman campaign

Blog Entries

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    No difference other then the executable (medieval2 instead of kingdoms) which is easily solved. That approach is included in my installation guide for Stainless Steel.

this might not be something people can answer here but ill put it out there. i tried changing the cost of buildings in the data files and i must of f'd up some of the coding. beacuse now whenever i play a campaign all my cities will say "motte & bailey nicea" or "large city constantinople" instead of just the name of the city. same goes for my generals. example "general king rodrigo" instead of "king rodrigo.

fyi i use steam. so im hoping anyone who uses this know where to go and correct this.

thanks