Page 71 of 303 FirstFirst ... 214661626364656667686970717273747576777879808196121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 6055

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Novgorodian Nark's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

update on the previous post: the game will crash even when i just try just opening the list of agents!

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

That's strange. I've never noticed that. I need to check it.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

there is a wierd bug with crossbowmen/militia i dont know if any other units but i played a few games and a few custom battles,
    where when they die in melee combat their death animation spaz out and start spinning like really absurd and crazy, and then kind of just explode into a insane cluster, does this ring any bell to you?

it seems to me the animation is either bugged or missing, but you probably know better than me what it could be.
    ill post later with better details once ive tested it out further.

i was digging around in the sound files and found the mongolian voices for the strategy map, but they arent in my game, they speak the mongol accent in the battles but thats it at the moment.
    they speak the middle eastern/arabic voices in the strategy map, so the mongols say things like "if alla wills" it and "my sultan" etc, is this the case for you too? is there something i can do to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Sneak View Post
    i was digging around in the sound files and found the mongolian voices for the strategy map, but they arent in my game, they speak the mongol accent in the battles but thats it at the moment.
    they speak the middle eastern/arabic voices in the strategy map, so the mongols say things like "if alla wills" it and "my sultan" etc, is this the case for you too? is there something i can do to fix this?
    I may be remembering wrong, but I believe the reason for this is that the Mongols wasn't ment to be playable when EA included them. As such, they only recorded voices for when you were another faction and clicked their troops. There are no voices for when you actually play as the Mongols - they'd just be silent, if the lack of voices wouldn't just cause a CTD.

the only sound that seems to be out of place in the mongol strat map voices is the priests sound, who is islamic, not tengri, as far as i know that was the main religion of the mongols, all that needs to be done with their sound i think is to somehow sentencemix some of their files to make lines for their priests to say something referring to tengri instead of islam, i can do this, except i dont any programs. got any ideas?

Blog Entries

There's no Mongol specific voices in the original SS game.

For Modding related questions/enquiries, check the M2TW Workshop
    This forum is not for such topics.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Reputation is bugged isn't it? I've never been at war in my campaign, never assassinated anyone, and never sacked a settlement and I'm allied with the pope and my reputation is still dubious and sinking.

Blog Entries

No but it might need to be adjusted a bit. Check around, this subject has been discussed many times. And the Pope has notyhing to do with your reputation.

The Moors are kind of bugged, when they try to cross over to Iberia/Spain, their stacks of armies stand around where the land bridge used to be, and they dont use boats to get across, just stand there trying to get across without boats, its an important bug to fix.

The fortress of southern european factions have a collission bug where the gate after the second one (where there are two arches and a support in the middle), units can move through the support in the middle ( it has no mass or collission), its Really immersion breaking, id suggest either editing away the support, since its rather impractical in the middle of the road like that, or if not then atleast adding mass to it.

there are a few bugs with the names of Georgian generals / Characters, where sometimes their names have "?"s in the middle of them, it seems there is a missing letter from my language, or otherwise its a translation bug.

there is a bug with crossbowmen when they die they start spinning really wierd, it usually happens around 50% of the time and only in melee combat.

lastly, not a bug, but a issue nonetheless; the ancillary portraits need to be improved and diversified, atleast for middle eastern factions, where a lot of them have european faces, one even has a viking face, which is really wierd.

Blog Entries

The land bridge between Morocco and Spain was removed as it was too advantageous for the Moors who used to expand in an unrealistic manner through Iberia and then Europe. It's quite difficult to find the right way to "force" the AI to use ships to cross the sea. We can try to modify the AI type and see how it works.

Regarding fortress, we haven't touched the battle models at all. I think you found a bug from Stainless Steel I'm not familiar with te settlement models on battle map. So it might take a while before it's fixed.

The "?" is due to the fact that the engine can not handle special letters sometimes. Not sure it can be fixed. In the worst case, we'll have to remove these special letters.

You're the 2nd one mentioning something about crossbowmen. I haven't noticed it myself but will check. It might be due to the animations.

Noted about portraits but it will also take a while to be fixed as I need to find new models (or do them myself) to replace or to be added to the existing one.

Anyway, tanks for your feedback, really appreciated.

oh also there's a tiny "bug" with portraits of politically married characters of other factions in your family tree, their portraits Don't grey out after they die, it's existed since vanilla, so you'll be the first to fix it!

jackw93's Avatar Foederatus

Hey ya'll, i want to start a campaign again - in my experience with SS mod/titanium once i hit turn 150+ and no more than 250 turns in a campaign i usually run into the end turn crash where the game is unplayable - anyone know if a fix for this exists/anyone experience this as well?

THX

Blog Entries

Are you talking about SSHIP or Titanium?
    If it's SSHIP, read the first post to know how to get a detailed log and then post it here.
    If it's Titanium, you should do the same but post your log in the Titanium forum.

The "?" is due to the fact that the engine can not handle special letters sometimes. Not sure it can be fixed. In the worst case, we'll have to remove these special letters.

it's in the font files,thought i don't know how too work with that
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; August 27, 2016 at 04:30 AM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Hello,
    I play Poland. I have besieged Kernave, and after one turn I'm assaulting. There are two armies supporting the defenders, as you can see on the picture. /btw - the CAI is really shrewed, it has gathered the forces, hired mercenaries, and approached my foreces, good!/

If I conduct the assault, the game crashes, with the log below.
    If I attack one of the armies, I can play the battle. Why it can be?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    14:37:40.938 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    14:37:40.938 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    14:37:40.970 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    14:37:40.970 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    14:37:40.990 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    14:37:40.992 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    14:37:41.007 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    14:37:41.007 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    14:38:05.439 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    14:38:51.367 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kernave.jpg  

Bug Reports:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

-The city of Gorganchs' nameplate is bugged when the mongols capture it looks something like: [Gorganch ]

-The Event "A suitable Prince" has a "NOT MEANT FOR ME CULTURE DO NOT TRANSLATE" bug for muslim factions.

-The Event Descriptions for The Knights Hospitaler popup when playing as moors and say "you can now build knights hospitaler, a lot of these event pop ups descriptions dont make sense if you are playing as Non-Catholic factions. they need to be customized.

-There is a bug when attempting an assassination on the popes life, i was playing as moors at the time, but i think its present for all muslim factions, possibly all the non-catholic factions.

- The picture for Serbia's dromon ship is missing

-The Mission "Train a priest" for muslim factions is very bugged, i dont think it should be called theologians guild, instead something more arabic/islamic, and im not sure it should say "florins" these petty flaws, but just wanted to point them out

-The marriage cutscene for muslim factions is the same one used by Catholics (they are marrying in a cathedral, and everyone is european)

-The masons guild sometimes has an event where they provide you with a gift, a "place of worship" within your castle, where they give you a church, for muslim factions they still get a church, and it says NOT MEANT FOR THIS FACTION DO NOT TRANSLATE, i believe this bug exists for all non catholic factions.

-the Office of "Wesir" ancillary for muslim facitons lacks a description, it only says "Wesir"

-Ballista towers` Arrows stay floating in the air after hitting battering rams, they disappear after only a few seconds, but its still an immersion breaking bug, important to fix if it is not too hard.

-During Sieges sometimes the ladders are too short for the walls and they only go halfway up them, units will climb the ladders halfway up the wall then teleport to the top of it.

-Merchants sometimes get the Aged Merchant trait which makes them move at snails place but more importantly generate 0 gold, and effectively being a burden on your economy since you cant get rid of them or fire them. this is a VERY important bug to fix.

-There is a bug in battles where if you place a unit on the gatehouse, the AIs units all stop around it but dont enter to the gatehouse roof, this makes their entire army wait until the unit is dead, which often never happens, in some rare cases they enter the gatehouse normally, and sometimes the larger part of their army walks past it while 3-4 units stand around usually ranged units trying to fire at them.

-there is a small immersion breaking bug when generals speech, they will say "the enemy are heavy armoured, wish we had some "firelocks", or something like that, but they specifically say firelocks, or otherwise refer to gunpowder 100-200 years before it is invented.

-(Hard to solve, do Not bother with this bug yet, but read this for future refrence if you happen to find out anything about it); While playing as the Moors, i sometimes get an issue where i keep crashing when trying to click on the cities of Sigilmasa, Isibilyya, Tunis, and others, it seems to happen on the first three turns after loading a game, the crashing happens mostly if i open a city scroll, sometimes when opening a character scroll, and usually if i try to fight a battle in the first three turns, after that the game 100% stable, its still annoying as i have to skip 3 turns every time i start playing again. ( this never happened while playing as Novgorod, Scotland or Byzantium, where i played atleast 100 turns, i am at around 110 turns on moors right now, it started happening around turn 50 or 60, hard to say exactly).

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled5.jpg   Untitled4.jpg   Untitled3.jpg   Untitled2.jpg   Untitled.jpg  

Blog Entries

Thanks for pointing these out. I'll check them.

Icon4 Bug in Egypt

When I put a character in the Egiptīs land , the game is closed , any solution?

Blog Entries

First of all, welcome to these forums.

Regarding your issue, can you answer to the following questions:
    - Which campaign are you playing? Early or High?
    - Which faction are you playing?
    - Does this happen for any character or just for a specific one?
    - Can you post your log?