Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Sorry, I didn't have time to have a look at you file. Answering the questions:
    1. since this is un-fixed crown, the heir should get the crown anywhere in a settlement if you posses the listed settlement,
    2. there's not script in the patch taking away 20k for the crown, so it's not possible ;-) It will be in the next version of the SSHIP
    3. I've seen that Mongols are pretty passive but didn't work at all with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Sorry, I didn't have time to have a look at you file. Answering the questions:
    1. since this is un-fixed crown, the heir should get the crown anywhere in a settlement if you posses the listed settlement,
    2. there's not script in the patch taking away 20k for the crown, so it's not possible ;-) It will be in the next version of the SSHIP
    3. I've seen that Mongols are pretty passive but didn't work at all with that.
    1) Nice, I hope I do not get ANOTHER Usurper in the meantime.
    2) Ok, I think I will have to disband 1 on of the Mongol defence armies then.
    3) Yeah make Mongols less numerous but more aggressive.

Btw, I managed to hold Cairo and working to reduce the garrisson.

Quote Originally Posted by Varmir View Post
    Also when the 2nd wave of Mongols came, they instantly attacked Gorganch with 4 armies and just stood outside the walls with their tredbuchets doing nothing for the 60mins.
    Finally a spot of luck!
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Will the new version be save-compatible?

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Probably not.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Another typo I have found and it is actually funny is the Archontopoulai.

Now some greek language lesson. Archon/ Archontas is the leader of something. Pouli is the bird, but when placed at the end of another word, it can mean its offspring. So, we have many surnames in greek ending in -poulos (male) -poulou (female). In the older greek language, the ending -ai could be used for both male and female words, like athlitai (male for athletes) and skiai (shadows, female word) in their PLURAL. So, when you say Archontopoulai, you mean the YOUNG daughters of the Archons, which makes us Greeks laugh since you imply that we have some girlies in heavy armor entering the fray. The proper word is Archontopoula, which means the you sons of the Archons. The ending -a is until today used for neutral words. The children at young age or teenagers can be considered neutrals
    Last edited by Varmir; April 02, 2020 at 10:51 AM.

Blog Entries

What do you have against girls in armour?

On serious note, it will be corrected. Thanks for pointing it.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Playing as Castile. Javelins and mounted javelin have invisible swords.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

@will1901: Add my sub-mod, it is compatible with backups and arranges a good number of units. https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...logy-Costumes)

Blog Entries

For any unit related issue, I'd recommend to use kostic submod. In any case, it will be included in SSHIP soon or later. So, don't hesitate to go for it for now

Laetus

Icon5 Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

I am using steam and I have win10.

I am getting CTDs all the time when it is ai's turn. I am getting a CTD at least 1 time per 5 turns and simply reloading the autosave and ending the turn again does not work, game keeps crashing. That is a shame cuz I really liked the mod.

I verified the integrity of game files and reinstalled the mods couple times, it didn't work.

I am leaving a system log of one of my crushes.

Please help, thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by meteulu View Post

I am getting CTDs all the time when it is ai's turn. I am getting a CTD at least 1 time per 5 turns and simply reloading the autosave and ending the turn again does not work, game keeps crashing. That is a shame cuz I really liked the mod.

I verified the integrity of game files and reinstalled the mods couple times, it didn't work.

Please help, thanks.
    This may help. In particular this one. There's a file with the relevant changes in the thread, I think, but i'm not sure.

Default Rebel Turn Crash

Hello, I've recently started using Stainless Steel and began having crashes after or before the rebel turn. This happens within the first couple of turns in a campaign and doesn't seem to be avoidable in game. I use SSHIP, but I had a crash like this without SSHIP (resolved after reloading save and ending turn that time). If this is a problem specific to SSHIP, I will move this to the submod bug section. I have attached the system log to this post. Thank you in advance.

Default Re: Rebel Turn Crash

I managed to stop the crash after multiple reloads, but what exactly is causing this?

Quote Originally Posted by meteulu View Post

Please help, thanks.
    As Jurand mentioned, there's a zip file on page 148 by Lurker. Just paste it over your exp_desc_character_traits.txt file in your SS 6.3 data folder and you should be good to go. I was having the exact issue as you and now the game runs fine.
    'The Last Pagan Emperor'- An Invasio Barbarorum Somnium Apostatae Juliani AAR
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

'Immortal Persia' A Civilization III AAR

Prepare to imbibe the medicine of rebuke!

Ducenarius

09:14:56.741 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    09:14:56.742 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    09:14:56.744 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    09:14:56.744 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    09:14:56.744 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    09:14:56.745 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    09:14:56.745 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    09:14:56.745 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    09:14:59.170 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 45319, column 12
    Trait not recognised
    09:14:59.171 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 45437, column 22
    Trait not recognised
    09:14:59.172 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 45461, column 22
    Trait not recognised
    09:15:04.538 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    09:25:00.672 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

I dont know if this is any helpful but the log folder is empty and i only have this log here

The crash happens during HRE turn

Also a second issue i have is that the autosave no longer generates for me neither for SShip nor for DaC.Any ideas why?
    Last edited by Andrew1994; April 11, 2020 at 02:49 AM. Reason: save file

Blog Entries

For your 2nd issue, have you modified anything in the configs?

autosave corrupts the saved files and should be turned off. In the EBII and I guess DaC is turned off by default. It should also be so in the SSHIP.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Never had that problem myself - in fact autosaves are what turns me back from despair when I am so engrossed that I forget to make regular saves and the mod crashes. I am aware that quick saves have a tendency to get messed up when used just before a battle (prebattle window), but I find it unlikely that autosaves are responsible for corrupting regular saves. Autosaves themselves possibly might get corrupted as they aren't made in a 'quiet' moment of gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Never had that problem myself - in fact autosaves are what turns me back from despair when I am so engrossed that I forget to make regular saves and the mod crashes. I am aware that quick saves have a tendency to get messed up when used just before a battle (prebattle window), but I find it unlikely that autosaves are responsible for corrupting regular saves. Autosaves themselves possibly might get corrupted as they aren't made in a 'quiet' moment of gaming.
    This is the knowledged passed by the EBII team. I haven't experienced it myself. I save at the end of each turn so autosave is redundant for me.