Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by Olaszv View Post
    Now however I hit the first stubborn crash that has something to do with the byzies:
    16:11:10.636 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    16:11:10.636 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    16:11:11.299 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.[/SPOILER]

Here's a link to the saved file as well: https://mega.nz/file/Qt5S1KKR#DUf8nt...s5WEASFjVntwFw

Can you have a look please?
    Thanks
    I'll have a look perhaps next week, I'm not with the right comp atm.
    But I've seen this crash after minor_win. @Gigantus, maybe you'd recall this one?

@Olasz, please report on your campaign in the AAR section, if you'd bother :-)

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aaronp View Post
    Code:
    04:30:53.931 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for , at line 3855, in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Attacker <Vselovod Izborskii> cannot siege settlemnt <Polotsk>.
    Could be that the settlement is already under siege - script needs a check for that to avid this error 'and not I_SettlementUnderSiege Polotks'

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    what does it mean "running in wine"?
    'Wine' = Mac version of game

the code is:
    Code:
        ;====================================================================================================== NOVGOROD: Polotsk 6
        ; this one is very often thwarted by the rebels: they're stronger

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType russia
            and I_TurnNumber > 4

log --- Script start : russia siege Polotsk
            if not I_IsFactionAIControlled russia
    			log ------ terminate monitor (player control the faction)
                terminate_monitor
            end_if

if I_TurnNumber = 5

if not I_SettlementOwner Polotsk = slave
    				log ------ terminate monitor (settlement is controlled by another faction)
    				terminate_monitor
    			end_if

if I_SettlementUnderSiege Polotsk
    				log ------ terminate monitor (settlement is already under siege)
    				terminate_monitor
    			end_if

log ------ spawn armys
    			spawn_army
                    faction russia
                    character	Vselovod Izborskii, named character, age 24, x 281, y 244, family
                    traits LoyaltyStarter 3 , ContentGeneral 2 , MilitaryInclination 1 , Military_Edu 1 , GoodCommander 2 , ReligionStarter 1 , BiologicalSon 1 , Handsome 8 , Intelligent 6
                    unit		EE Bodyguard				exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                    unit		Druzhina					exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                    unit		Berdiche Axemen				exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                    unit		Woodsmen					exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                    unit		Rus Senior Militia			exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                    unit		Rus Senior Militia			exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                    unit		Junior Militia				exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                    unit		Junior Militia				exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                    unit		EE Peasant Archers			exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                end
    			log ------ siege settlement
    			siege_settlement Vselovod Izborskii, Polotsk, maintain
            end_if

if I_TurnNumber = 6
    			log ------ attack settlement
                console_command auto_win attacker
                siege_settlement Vselovod Izborskii, Polotsk, attack
    			log ------ terminate monitor
                terminate_monitor
            end_if
    		log ------ Script end
        end_monitor

Well, not sure if the above is a corrected code, I inserted it to the campaign_script file but still got the error
    Polotsk is not under siege at the end of the turn.

Well, not sure if the above is a corrected code, I inserted it to the campaign_script file but still got the error
    Polotsk is not under siege at the end of the turn.
    script is not save-compatible, it's loaded only at the beginning of a game and then stored in .save. Therefore your changes will make a change only in the next campaign.

the crash may be, ofc, unrelated to this code.

Blog Entries

You do have the siege check, so that's not the issue.

I think the issue here is the setup of the whole monitor. The 'maintain' order comes at FactionTurnStart which still gives the character movement points, so most likely he went for a walk about at the end of the turn or even got himself killed. One of those two will have resulted in the error.

The first can be avoided by using FactionTurnEnd (with the attack in a second monitor with FactionTurnStart) and the second by testing if the character is alive (I_CharacterExists) before issuing the attack order. And you certainly should use a label for the attacker instead of a name.

Which was line 3855 - the first or the second 'siege_settlement'?

Hey guys! First, excellent submod, been playing it for years. I have a problem with CTD on end turn, just before my turn starts. Playing as France, year is 1227. No previous problems, I tried following AI with toggle_fow but can't find the problem. Maybe you could help.[CONTENTBOX][/CONTENTBOX]system.log.txtsystem.log.txt
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Hrvatska2014 View Post
    Hey guys! First, excellent submod, been playing it for years. I have a problem with CTD on end turn, just before my turn starts. Playing as France, year is 1227. No previous problems, I tried following AI with toggle_fow but can't find the problem. Maybe you could help.
    Please upload a save (and, if you'd be kind enough, put some AAR and screentshots in the thread devoted to AARs). And:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I'll have a look perhaps next week, I'm not with the right comp atm.

By the way, I've managed to get over my ctd by reloading a save from a few turns earlier. And yes I will write a short aar too. Thanks for everything!

By the way, I've managed to get over my ctd by reloading a save from a few turns earlier. And yes I will write a short aar too. Thanks for everything!
    Good to know!
    As I've written before: during coding I've always tried to introduce a random element to overcome the problem that the script is loaded just once and may make it not possible to play on from a save, shall a bug appear.

I noticed I've been having CTDs when I mouse over certain cities. It happens persistently in Egypt, specifically around Ascalon. Another happened in a different campaign as the Sultanate of Rum when I hovered over Ankyra and again when I took Sebastia and would mouse over it as well. Has anyone else had this issue?

Blog Entries

That could be invalid\missing custom models as defined in descr_cultures. Faulty installation?

Hey there, reporting back in my game, i've somehow managed to move some more turns(around 10) but my game always CTD whenever i move my army towards Angora, either moving or scrolling that region causes the crash.

Cheers.

Hey, I wanted to mention a few things I've experienced playing the 98H version.

I had to set the kingdoms.exe file to run in administrator mode (and compatibility for windows 7). Otherwise, there are random crashes after battles and turn ends. Once I had those two settings in place, it has been running very smoothly.

However, I have just encountered a strange bug where the Notre Dame building cancels itself at the start of the turn.Hey, I wanted to mention a few things I've experienced playing the 98H version.

I had to set the kingdoms.exe file to run in administrator mode (and compatibility for windows 7). Otherwise, there are random crashes after battles and turn ends. Once I had those two settings in place, it has been running very smoothly.

However, I have just encountered a strange bug where the Notre Dame building cancels itself at the start of the turn.

Sorry about that meeded up reply, I can't find a way to edit it.

The Notre Dame is 4 turns from completion on turn 58, and then has its construction cancelled at the start of turn 59. The money is not refunded and to restart its construction I have to pay the full price of it again and wait another 12 turns.

I think it may have to do with some historical script tied to the Notre Dame, since turn 58 is the end of the year 1160 and the start of the year 1161.

I saw in my rus campaign I realized that in addition to these mercenary units (hunters, lumberjacks, and kazaks) there are also the mercenary spearmen that are found in almost all of Europe, I think that this mercenary unit could be replaced by another more "regional" unit such as the "unit" eastern spearmen "or Slavic spearmen as mercenaries since the generic unit of mercenary spearmen have a very" European-Norman "model that differs greatly from the Russian style. Another option would be to create a single Russian mercenary unit for these regions.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

@ j.a.luna: indeed, I noticed that too.

@all those with CTDs while browsing the campaign map: make sure ALL your apps are closed when playing SSHIP. In my case, remembering to close my browser (chrome), I no longer have any problems with cities that created a CTD by passing my cursor over it.

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    @ j.a.luna: indeed, I noticed that too.

@all those with CTDs while browsing the campaign map: make sure ALL your apps are closed when playing SSHIP. In my case, remembering to close my browser (chrome), I no longer have any problems with cities that created a CTD by passing my cursor over it.
    Yes kostic, the same for Turkopoles units, they should be only recruitable in Levant lands and for byzantines in their mercenary building... Currently they can be recruit in Persian/Iran lands and in these lands should can recruit "turkish/oghuz horse archers"

Also Kievan faction should can recruit in their roster "steppe horse archers" called "chernye kobluki as support for russian troops .
    Finally it would be good to also add some mercenary infantry unit (in trash plan) in russian / steppe lands such as "steppe infantry or steppe spearmen" with axes or lances similar to the "kasogi" units of the Cumans, where you could hire cheap Russian infantry / steppe poorly armed to use as trash in raids. (In these lands currently in the mod you can only hire kazaks or alan cavalry, no infantry)
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by couchchou View Post
    The Notre Dame is 4 turns from completion on turn 58, and then has its construction cancelled at the start of turn 59. The money is not refunded and to restart its construction I have to pay the full price of it again and wait another 12 turns.

I think it may have to do with some historical script tied to the Notre Dame, since turn 58 is the end of the year 1160 and the start of the year 1161.
    Were you be able to eventually build the cathedral, or the issue repeated? Did you play France?

coding of the buidling is
    wonder_notre_dame city requires factions { northern_european, poland, hungary, southern_european, } and event_counter faction_turn_catholic 1 and event_counter notre_dame 1 and hidden_resource france and hidden_resource capital and region_religion catholic 50

Blog Entries

Could it be that the faction_turn_catholic event counter gets set at PreFactionTurnStart? I vaguely remember that buildings are progressing AFTER you press turnend, that migth then disable the building progress if it moves from 1 to zero.
    Changing it to a 'normal' FactionTurnStart should fix that.