Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

@Jurand i think that i found a little recruitment bug, about dismounted norman knights for English faction... they can not be recruit them in campaign map...In their english landowners only can recruit "Norman knights" (Mounted) and for dismounted unit is "Dismounted Feudal knights", Unlike the Sicilians who can recruit both Norman units in their landwoners, I think it should be the same for both factions, also so you could enjoy the new models that Kostic has made.

Here the link about Kostic conversation:

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...8#post16129388

ENGLAND landowners ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

; 1st stage
    recruit_pool "Norman Cavalry" 4 0.11 5 0 requires factions { england, } and region_religion catholic 25 and not event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1
    recruit_pool "Norman Cavalry" 3 0.077 4 0 requires factions { england, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter TRANSITIONAL_ARMOR 1

recruit_pool "Dismounted Norman Cavalry" 3.9 0.11 5 0 requires factions { england, } and region_religion catholic 25 and not event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Norman Cavalry" 2.9 0.077 4 0 requires factions { england, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter TRANSITIONAL_ARMOR 1

; 2nd stage
    recruit_pool "Norman Knights" 2.9 0.055 4 0 requires factions { england, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter TRANSITIONAL_ARMOR 1
    recruit_pool "Norman Knights" 4 0.077 5 0 requires factions { england, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter TRANSITIONAL_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter HALF_PLATE_ARMOR 1
    recruit_pool "Norman Knights" 3 0.055 4 0 requires factions { england, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter HALF_PLATE_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter MATCHLOCK 1

recruit_pool "Dismounted Feudal Knights" 2.8 0.055 4 0 requires factions { england, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter TRANSITIONAL_ARMOR 1
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Feudal Knights" 3.9 0.077 5 0 requires factions { england, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter TRANSITIONAL_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter HALF_PLATE_ARMOR 1
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Feudal Knights" 2.9 0.055 4 0 requires factions { england, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter HALF_PLATE_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter MATCHLOCK 1

; 3rd stage
    recruit_pool "English Knights" 2.9 0.055 4 0 requires factions { england, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter TRANSITIONAL_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter HALF_PLATE_ARMOR 1
    recruit_pool "English Knights" 3.9 0.077 5 0 requires factions { england, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter HALF_PLATE_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter MATCHLOCK 1
    recruit_pool "English Knights" 4 0.13 5 0 requires factions { england, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter MATCHLOCK 1

recruit_pool "Dismounted English Knights" 2.8 0.055 4 0 requires factions { england, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter TRANSITIONAL_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter HALF_PLATE_ARMOR 1
    recruit_pool "Dismounted English Knights" 3.9 0.077 5 0 requires factions { england, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter HALF_PLATE_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter MATCHLOCK 1
    recruit_pool "Dismounted English Knights" 3.9 0.13 5 0 requires factions { england, } and region_religion catholic 25 and event_counter MATCHLOCK 1

Last edited by j.a.luna; January 14, 2023 at 10:30 AM. Reason: ENGLISH DISMOUNTED NORMAN KNIGHT BUG
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

It's really a mystery to me. Why can't I replace old versions of unit card and info_units for Alforrats???
    Is there a file I don't know of that shows generic images for this unit?

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    I address the community - happy new year to all - and to all those likely to help me:
    Unable to find and change unit cards and info units for the Alforrats. I had created a #alforrats.tga file as well as an alforrats_info.tga file but they are not recognized in the game.
    I even tried #border_horse (since that's the name associated with soldier in the EDU) with no more success.

Someone can help me ?
    vanilla Alforrats
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The new version I'm trying to put in place

Stupid mistake on my part: I hadn't seen that the Alforrats were a mercenary unit... so I had to put my files in the mercs and merc folders and not in the aragon one !
    Everything is working as expected now

Perfect kostic! everyone can be mistaken... On the other hand, regarding the english dismounted norman knights, do you think it's a bug or is it intentional? Can they be recruited by the English faction in the campaign?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

It may be a mistake. I don't deal with the EDB file. Let our friend @Jurand take a look at this.

Something is off with free upkeep units. For example in Venice while it says 5 free upkeep units i only get 4. Or when i add free upkeep attribute to a unit, even though i can recruit it in a city i still dont get free upkeep. Sorry if it is already mentioned or i did something wrong.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by billispaok4 View Post
    Something is off with free upkeep units. For example in Venice while it says 5 free upkeep units i only get 4. Or when i add free upkeep attribute to a unit, even though i can recruit it in a city i still dont get free upkeep. Sorry if it is already mentioned or i did something wrong.
    I don't know, for me it works fine:

The free_upkeep attribute - no idea, maybe it's not save compatible?

Super mod! I play as Norway. Also having troubles with free-upkeep units. Upkeep slots not always match walls description. How to know which ones can? Thank.

the free upkeep bug happens after an end turn for me, one way i found to fix it is quick save then quick load, this i guess resets the free upkeep in settelments.

Quote Originally Posted by SkarinV View Post
    the free upkeep bug happens after an end turn for me, one way i found to fix it is quick save then quick load, this i guess resets the free upkeep in settelments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhalorn View Post
    Super mod! I play as Norway. Also having troubles with free-upkeep units. Upkeep slots not always match walls description. How to know which ones can? Thank.
    How often does it happen?

i think for me after each end turn, but it doesn't really bother me.

I don't think construction cost bonuses for the core buildings actually works. I set this to test it:

construction_cost_bonus_wooden bonus 90 requires event_counter is_the_player 1
    construction_cost_bonus_stone bonus 90 requires event_counter is_the_player 1

This has no impact on the cost of the wall. Bonuses from traits do seem to work for construction. Is this why the AI never seems to upgrade buildings?

Quote Originally Posted by dirty_neoliberal View Post
    I don't think construction cost bonuses for the core buildings actually works. I set this to test it:

construction_cost_bonus_wooden bonus 90 requires event_counter is_the_player 1
    construction_cost_bonus_stone bonus 90 requires event_counter is_the_player 1

This has no impact on the cost of the wall. Bonuses from traits do seem to work for construction. Is this why the AI never seems to upgrade buildings?
    In my test it does work (with 99):

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    In my test it does work (with 99):

I'm missing something then. For my learning purposes would you mind show me what you added to what number line in EDB, only if you have time.

I'm missing something then. For my learning purposes would you mind show me what you added to what number line in EDB, only if you have time.
    What I was misunderstanding is that it isn't for that specific object being build, but rather the benefit provided by that building. So it's a discount to everything else to be built in the settlement once it is built.

What I was misunderstanding is that it isn't for that specific object being build, but rather the benefit provided by that building. So it's a discount to everything else to be built in the settlement once it is built.
    That's right - but it's also related to the material the building is built of.
    However, as usual in the Med2 engine, strange things happen - certain buildings made of the right material don't get the discount... No idea why.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; January 29, 2023 at 02:26 PM.

I noticed a recurring bug in a few of my campaigns. So far every Roman campaign I've played has the Nemanja message pop up every 2 turns and in my most recent English campaign I noticed that the "1st tourney in Poland" event keeps popping up as well. I love the extra bits of history you include so i'm definitely not asking for the removal of this feature. However hearing about the Nemanja dynasty for one hundred turns does start to get stale. I'll keep you guys updated I absolutely love the work you're doing and I can not wait for the newest version to be released!

Quote Originally Posted by Konstantinos XII Rhomaios View Post
    I noticed a recurring bug in a few of my campaigns. So far every Roman campaign I've played has the Nemanja message pop up every 2 turns and in my most recent English campaign I noticed that the "1st tourney in Poland" event keeps popping up as well. I love the extra bits of history you include so i'm definitely not asking for the removal of this feature. However hearing about the Nemanja dynasty for one hundred turns does start to get stale. I'll keep you guys updated I absolutely love the work you're doing and I can not wait for the newest version to be released!
    this should be fixed in the next release:
    if I_EventCounter SERBIAN2_NEMANJA_STATE == 0
    and I_TurnNumber > 99
    log -------------------- Serbian evolution: (2) NEMANJA STATE ----------------------------------------
    ; Stefan Nemanja state (1166-1196)
    historic_event SERBIAN2_NEMANJA_STATE factions { byzantium, hungary, poland, hre, venice, kievan_rus, cumans, sicily, pisa, rum, }
    if not I_IsFactionAIControlled serbia
    inc_event_counter serbian2_nemanja_state_player 1
    end_if
    end_if
    if not I_EventCounter poland3_first_tourney == 1
    log -------------------- Poland evolution: (3) FIRST TOURNEY ----------------------------------------
    ; First Tourney 1243, it impacts on the possibility to build Tourney Fields and on recruitment of some knights

set_event_counter continue 0

if I_TurnNumber > 180
    and I_CompareCounter number_tourney_fields_built > 2 ; Poland has built 3 Tourney Fields (Minor City level)
    and I_EventCounter FL_is_crowned_ruler == 1 ; FL has the crown
    and I_SettlementOwner Wroclaw = poland ; first tourney was held in Silesia
    set_event_counter continue 1
    end_if

if I_TurnNumber > 240 ; FALL BACK - in case of failure or a bug
    set_event_counter continue 1
    end_if

if I_EventCounter continue = 1
    set_event_counter continue 0

add_events
    event historic POLAND3_FIRST_TOURNEY factions { poland, hre, france, england, norway, denmark, hungary, lithuania, kievan_rus, russia, cumans, }
    date 0
    position 194, 222
    end_add_events
    if not I_IsFactionAIControlled poland
    set_event_counter poland3_first_tourney_player 1
    end_if
    end_if
    end_if

You rock Jurand, I am eagerly awaiting the next release! If I see anything else that needs reporting I'll let you know.

Hi sship team, in my campaign with the Normans of Sicily something strange happened... when I appropriated Ancona and stripped it of a large part of their army, the Pisans attacked me without warning and I didn't get along with them.. Also suddenly a ship from Aragon blocked my port of Palermo without prior notice and the next turn 2 ships of the Byzantine fleet declared war on me, blocking my ports....
    Is this blocking ports without warning due to a bug? It reminds me of the vanilla AI from when they declared war on you for a single ship, and so on with numerous factions, which you can see that they have declared war on you on numerous fronts for that reason...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,