Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by Varmir View Post
    Okay, now I have another issue, game-play related. I am at round 122, and after a message about heavy hain mail, I can no longer train Druzina (foot and cavalry) at the cities I was able to. I checked the building that was enabling their recruitment and it says that it now enables Boyars recruitment. Nevertheless, I can neither see Boyars available. Also, many cities have now only 1 recruitment slot, which makes replenishing and trainingway too slow. What is the reason for this? Previously they cities had 2-3 recruitment slots.
    EDIT: Since I could not see a button to edit the post, I have to quote myself :/ Now I can see Boyars available. Is it a goodbye to Druzina due to heavy chainmail event? Also the cities now have 2-3 training slots again. Maybe it was that 1 turn only. to pass between stages of units available.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

EDIT: Since I could not see a button to edit the post, I have to quote myself :/ Now I can see Boyars available. Is it a goodbye to Druzina due to heavy chainmail event? Also the cities now have 2-3 training slots again. Maybe it was that 1 turn only. to pass between stages of units available.
    There's a progression of units in the SSHIP so Druzhina -> Boyars is intended.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

EDIT: Since I could not see a button to edit the post, I have to quote myself ...
    You need to get 25 posts to be able to edit your posts
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    You need to get 25 posts to be able to edit your posts
    Since I am en exploiter and I like to cheese, I will make a thread where I will talk a bit to myself until I get to number 25, okay? This is the only mindset that will allow someone to win in your mod.

Besides that, in some Fortresses I can still train Druzina. In a castle, I could train Mounted Boyars and Foot Druzina, but not Dismounted Boyars. Here are the screens.

You can put the the pics between [spoiler] and [\spoiler] brackets (but change \ into / ).
    You're using the Peasants - good to know, but they'll be out at some point ;-)
    The mix of recruitment was coded some years ago and was intentional by MWY. I have some doubts. In particular, the technological changes should happen first in the castles (Castle, Fortress, Citadel) and later in the cities. The foot and mounted versions should be phased out/in simultaneously. Concerning Poland I'd make the following changes:

- Piast Nobles are available for much longer time, Polish Knights come later, and Feudal Knights accordingly later;
    - technological change (Piast Nobles -> Polish Knights -> Feudal Knights) occurs earlier in the castles than in the cities;
    - Dismounted versions disappear at the same time as the mounted ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    You can put the the pics between [spoiler] and [\spoiler] brackets (but change \ into / ).
    You're using the Peasants - good to know, but they'll be out at some point ;-)
    The mix of recruitment was coded some years ago and was intentional by MWY. I have some doubts. In particular, the technological changes should happen first in the castles (Castle, Fortress, Citadel) and later in the cities. The foot and mounted versions should be phased out/in simultaneously. Concerning Poland I'd make the following changes:

- Piast Nobles are available for much longer time, Polish Knights come later, and Feudal Knights accordingly later;
    - technological change (Piast Nobles -> Polish Knights -> Feudal Knights) occurs earlier in the castles than in the cities;
    - Dismounted versions disappear at the same time as the mounted ones.
    Oh ok, the posts seemed quite big tbh with these huge pigs.
    In Rome 1 I was using flaming pigs to garrison cities. Worked well! What do you mean that they will be out??? No more plebes?? Spoiler alert?

Okay now something else. When I attack a city, at the moment my towers reach the walls, the enemy abandons the walls and runs to the city square to fight to the last man. This is time consuming and boring. No tactics. no strategy, nothing. Just an arcade battle to the last man. I want AI to be smart, but this is just annoying. I autoresolve sieges just to avoid these tarded fights. Also, the mechanic that units fight to the last in the city square is not realistic. In most sieges, armies surrendered if they could go nowhere. It is very rare for them to fight to the last, like in Constantinople in 1453, but this was a monumental fight, not a usual one. Imo, if the settlement is not important or it does not have a family member inside with something like 4+ command, the units fighting at the square should receive morale drops and just run off the map.

136 turns and no watchtowers? Any particular reason you avoid them?

When I attack a city, at the moment my towers reach the walls, the enemy abandons the walls and runs to the city square to fight to the last man.
    Apparently you only fought small garissons. AI retreats to the town square only when it has few units. Otherwise it only places 3-4 (usually elite) units tops in the town square, and does its best to hold the walls and the gatehouse.

This is time consuming and boring. No tactics. no strategy, nothing. Just an arcade battle to the last man.
    Actually, you have to surround the square before ordering an attack, otherwise you'll suffer unreasonable casualties. Often times AI will do its best to prevent surrounding (send skirmishers to harass your groups while they are moving to positions around the settlement).

On an unrelated note. I'm pretty sure there is a typo in tatar unit names:

Tartar sounds cool, but come on.

Also, am I supposed to have these units:

Are they even from SSHIP or from vanilla SS? Is ther a valid way to get them (maybe convert some specific city to a castle or somethin)?

In my game I got them around turn 50-60 by what I suppose was a bug. They were garissoned in a castle I bought from Kievan Rus.
    Last edited by Lurker from Codex; March 22, 2020 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker from Codex View Post
    136 turns and no watchtowers? Any particular reason you avoid them?

Apparently you only fought small garissons. AI retreats to the town square only when it has few units. Otherwise it only places 3-4 (usually elite) units tops in the town square, and does its best to hold the walls and the gatehouse.

Actually, you have to surround the square before ordering an attack, otherwise you'll suffer unreasonable casualties. Often times AI will do its best to prevent surrounding (send skirmishers to harass your groups while they are moving to positions around the settlement).

On an unrelated note. I'm pretty sure there is a typo in tatar unit names:

Tartar sounds cool, but come on.

Also, am I supposed to have these units:

Are they even from SSHIP or from vanilla SS? Is ther a valid way to get them (maybe convert some specific city to a castle or somethin)?

In my game I got them around turn 50-60 by what I suppose was a bug. They were garissoned in a castle I bought from Kievan Rus.
    I prefer to send spies around to see what the enemy is doing. They are mobile and cause unrest, revolts and all sorts of good things!

Yeah true, when the enemy has units, they fight and they cheese. They run away when they cannot win and they will attack you when you enter the doors of a tower and decimate you. When your unit and an enemy 1 enter towers imultaneously, yours gets massacred in 1-3 seconds. Happenned to Druzina and Bardiche militia from some stupid Spear Militias. When I sent another Bardiche militia to punish them they just ran and could not catch them. I quit the siege.
    Heavy Boyars are from vanilla SS 6.4

Oh ok, the posts seemed quite big tbh with these huge pigs.
    In Rome 1 I was using flaming pigs to garrison cities. Worked well! What do you mean that they will be out??? No more plebes?? Spoiler alert?
    I wonder how do you assess historicity of garrisoning a cityw with pigs...
    yes, the peasants will be only in the form of Levy Archers, not more "Peasants". The unit for garrisoning settlements is militia.

Okay now something else. When I attack a city, at the moment my towers reach the walls, the enemy abandons the walls and runs to the city square to fight to the last man. This is time consuming and boring. No tactics. no strategy, nothing. Just an arcade battle to the last man. I want AI to be smart, but this is just annoying. I autoresolve sieges just to avoid these tarded fights. Also, the mechanic that units fight to the last in the city square is not realistic. In most sieges, armies surrendered if they could go nowhere. It is very rare for them to fight to the last, like in Constantinople in 1453, but this was a monumental fight, not a usual one. Imo, if the settlement is not important or it does not have a family member inside with something like 4+ command, the units fighting at the square should receive morale drops and just run off the map.
    The first behaviour is worrying - my experience with the SSHIP is different, the AI would not do this.

The second issue - I think it's the usuall M2TW behavious, I'm not sure it's possible to just surrender and run off the map.

@Lurex - thanks for the Tartar bug, I've fixed it.
    I don't know about Boyars, I won't delve into it now, maybe in the future.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; March 22, 2020 at 01:06 PM.

About units, descriptions, recruitment, costs... I think that need a completely review, for example playing as England and after win a mission of the council I won some military units as a reward but they were militia sergeants( english unit roster) they are vainilla units with little halberds, they are units about year 1300 and my game is in 1190...it is ugly and not historical see these units in my game so I send them to death in battle. I think that militia sergeant could be removed, exist numerous units of this style as spear militia, spearmen, sergeant spearmen, urban militia spearmen...
    Also i think that some units as the example of Lurker cost so muuch, almost 4000 florins for recruit tatar spearmen( steppe spearmen)???
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Also i think that some units as the example of Lurker cost so muuch, almost 4000 florins for recruit tatar spearmen( steppe spearmen)???
    As far as I'm aware, these are only availiable in a single province, they have adequate upkeep and extremely high recruitment cost (4000 for foot soldiers, 9000 for cavalry). They appear right before mongol invasion. I figured since they lost their homeland, this high rec cost represents the cost of settling in a new region together with their families. Makes sense.

Also, tatar units are specifically anti-mongol units gameplay-wise. I'm rather fond of them.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    About units, descriptions, recruitment, costs... I think that need a completely review, for example playing as England and after win a mission of the council I won some military units as a reward but they were militia sergeants( english unit roster) they are vainilla units with little halberds, they are units about year 1300 and my game is in 1190...it is ugly and not historical see these units in my game so I send them to death in battle. I think that militia sergeant could be removed, exist numerous units of this style as spear militia, spearmen, sergeant spearmen, urban militia spearmen...
    I too was annoyed by these 14th century units appearing in my cities even before 1200. The problem will be solved with my next version (it is coming, it is coming ... more than a few things to fix !) !
    So, I have them all redone with their upgrades
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

urban militia front

urban militia back

urban militia front_ug1

urban militia back _ug1

urban militia front_ug2

urban militia back_ug2

Great work Kostic!!! These units are the unit of militia sergeant of english roster? If yes, are look pretty historical!
    Your contribution of sship units roster is amazing!
    This problem also appear for rebel armies spawn in the campaign map with differents units of another times...

In my opinion the only thing that i would add coat of arms in the shields of second upgrade armour( with lions, crosses...)
    Last edited by j.a.luna; March 23, 2020 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Add opinion about coat of arms late units
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

To the best of my recollection, these units are militias. I prefer in principle to keep the coat of arms for the nobles and to remain more neutral for the militias. For gameplay, the units have recognizable colors according to the factions. And yes, the units shown here belong to the British faction. They appear with other colors in other factions, such as that of the kingdom of jerusalem for example.

Blog Entries

Militias and mevies didn't have such king of distinctive mark. They had none or a really simple one like a cross on the left shoulder for instance. But nothing more.

This being said, I'd be grateful if you can carry on with that discussion in the relevant thread, guys
    Thanks.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Default Re: [Release] SSHIP v0.9.6 downloadable - 6th of December 2019

@Jurand of Cracow

I dunno if it's a bug or oversight, but you can be be an Embezzler and Generous simultaneously, which doesn't make much sense.

Blog Entries

Default Re: [Release] SSHIP v0.9.6 downloadable - 6th of December 2019

^^ Noted. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tripledot View Post
    I dunno if it's a bug or oversight, but you can be be an Embezzler and Generous simultaneously, which doesn't make much sense.
    Why not? You're stealing public money but giving it to the people you like?

Blog Entries

Have you ever considered to go to politic JoC?