Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Hi Guys,

I'm playing the latest 0.97 version (got fed up with constant crashes of 098b sorry ) and I believe I have all the requirements to get the Hungarian crown. Yet, my FL does not receive it... any idea why?
    piety, authority, city with cathedral, not a regent, is sane etc... Appreciate your help, see the save file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6fd4kkthb3yx7t8/Vic3.sav?dl=0

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Olaszv View Post
    Hi Guys,

I'm playing the latest 0.97 version (got fed up with constant crashes of 098b sorry ) and I believe I have all the requirements to get the Hungarian crown. Yet, my FL does not receive it... any idea why?
    piety, authority, city with cathedral, not a regent, is sane etc... Appreciate your help, see the save file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6fd4kkthb3yx7t8/Vic3.sav?dl=0
    Well, I've found the culprit: I've mixed up Vrhbosna with Vhrbosna. Bad code sorry. I've tried to use a file with the right spelling but it crashes for a reason unknown to me. I've spent 2 hours looking for a solution but it kept on crashing. I'm sorry.
    EDIT: this bug was already eliminated in the early 098 version. Along with plenty of other bugs. I personally believe that 098 is more stable than 097.

I"ve experienced crashes due to the re-emergence script (Norway) - this part of script is deleted in 0.98.
    You'd also not have hanseatic building in Bobovac ;-)

Nevertheless, it'd be great if you'd make a short description of your campaign - over 250 turns!
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; November 21, 2021 at 02:57 PM.

Hi, I need help. For some reason in SSHIP_098, whenever there's a contaratoi in a manual battle, the game crashes - and a message pops out saying "Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit".

Quote Originally Posted by Zicher View Post
    Hi, I need help. For some reason in SSHIP_098, whenever there's a contaratoi in a manual battle, the game crashes - and a message pops out saying "Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit".
    It's not my area of expertise, but I'd aske you to check the new version and tell if it's still the case. I imagine that @kostic would have a look if it's persistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Well, I've found the culprit: I've mixed up Vrhbosna with Vhrbosna. Bad code sorry. I've tried to use a file with the right spelling but it crashes for a reason unknown to me. I've spent 2 hours looking for a solution but it kept on crashing. I'm sorry.
    EDIT: this bug was already eliminated in the early 098 version. Along with plenty of other bugs. I personally believe that 098 is more stable than 097.

I"ve experienced crashes due to the re-emergence script (Norway) - this part of script is deleted in 0.98.
    You'd also not have hanseatic building in Bobovac ;-)

Nevertheless, it'd be great if you'd make a short description of your campaign - over 250 turns!
    Thanks Jurand for the feedback and for your efforts. A couple of questions:

Is this something that can be corrected in 098?
    Can you tell me which file I need to edit to remove this region's possession requirement to get the crown? Maybe that is a solution for my ongoing campaign.

Short description of my campaign

As I said, I went back to 097 to try a campaign there, H/VH.

One of the biggest differences I see is how peaceful the campaign AI is in 097. In the 098 August version the factions go to each other's neck in the beginning and keep fighting on... Resulting in mass excommunications. It's like a big race on who can grow big enough to steamroll the other. In 097 it's a much slower process (don't forget the civil wars) the catholic factions rarely attack each other. It was 1240something when I saw the first war between France and England. Oh and England is conquered by Scotland most of the time

I started my Hungarian campaign with the aim of peace with East+West and war with the South (Serbia+ERE). Focus was on the economy at the beginning, a few mines and roads added a nice surplus allowing me to go to war with Serbia. Hungary is lacking armour at the beginning so I relied on my horse archers a lot and tried to fight in the open. Even though Serbia only had 2-3 settlements it offered a considerable resistance at one point I was barely able to hold a bridge. Anyway they were beaten and their settlement annexed. Roads, mines, economy building again to go after the 2nd target, ERE.

ERE was the strongest faction and was at peace with its neighbours most of the time so every time I attacked them they were able to respond in force and in time. It was hard to crack the The Roman 'panzer' infantry even if they were weakened by shower of arrows from my Magyar Cavalry. A couple of wars were needed with hit and run tactics (go out with a lot of horse archers, do a lot of damage and withdrawn from battle) to conquer the majority of the Balkans (-Thessaloniki Korinthos, Adrianople and Constantinople) but eventually I got there. I wanted to secure the crown before I advance any further so I joined a crusade (for chivalry and maybe authority) with my FL to take Damascus from the Fatimids, but the Holy Romans got there first and took it. I was so sad of this that on the way back home I took Antioch from the rebels.

By this time I had quality troops to hold Antioch so when the Byzies attacked it some turns later I was confident I can hold it. Took the battle at the walls but lost it, to the panzers that day.. I could have won that battle if I used my defense in depth tactic (place all defense in the central plasa + archers and artillery ) but yea, not that day. 2 of my family members died in the battle too.
    Revenge came in the Balkans (I was massing troops there already) and I hastily took Thessaloniki, Corinth and in a daring manouver Adrianople then called for peace... Which I couldn't enjoy as our old friend Venice broke our alliance and attacked me on the coast but managed to drive them back to the sea. My economy was suffering a lot from the wars so went on and disbanded some expensive troops and mercenaries and built some mines again.

The Mongols arrived in the meantime but didn't do much damage. For 30-40 turns they were just wandering on the East side of the map and destroying some places, leaving it to the rebels and moving on. Eventually they took Baghdad and called it their new home... and started to expand eastwards to the very places they destroyed not long ago :S

Taking Constantinople was easy as it was only guarded by some units. Settlements are not very protected in general but the relief forces can respond... if they get there before you take the city. That is where I am now, I'd like to take the crown before expanding further into Anatolia

I tried keeping the Pope at bay by using the cheat code where a selected faction looses all its settlements to the rebels but the AI failed to take the all the opportunities so at one point I just copied the vanilla text code of the Papal States to the current code and then ever since, the pope is dormant... It does call crusades though and is participating in it (the old man wants a settlement I bet) but with no luck.

Is this something that can be corrected in 098?
    Can you tell me which file I need to edit to remove this region's possession requirement to get the crown? Maybe that is a solution for my ongoing campaign.
    Yes, this has been corrected in the 098, but you'd need to start a new campaign :-(

it sounds like a good start for modding, it's how I've joined the community sometime in 2013 ;-)

it's export_descr_ancillaries.txt in the data folder. I've changed that Vhrbosna into Vrhbosna - but you file kept crashing, I have no idea why.

---------

On Hungary : thanks a lot for this feedback.

I've had one of the more exciting games in SS-BftB-BGR some 8 years ago. I don't have pics, I have only a list of data from that game, incuding my generals ;-)

Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; November 22, 2021 at 10:11 AM.

It's no longer crashing now, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Yes, this has been corrected in the 098, but you'd need to start a new campaign :-(

it sounds like a good start for modding, it's how I've joined the community sometime in 2013 ;-)

it's export_descr_ancillaries.txt in the data folder. I've changed that Vhrbosna into Vrhbosna - but you file kept crashing, I have no idea why.

---------

On Hungary : thanks a lot for this feedback.

I've had one of the more exciting games in SS-BftB-BGR some 8 years ago. I don't have pics, I have only a list of data from that game, incuding my generals ;-)

Thanks for the tip - I have changed the code in the export_descr_ancillaries.txt to the below just to test if I can get the crown. My game is not crashing but neither do I get the crown. Using my limited programming language holding Esztergom should be fine along with the general stuff of being sane, authority etc... What else can be the problem do you think?

Condition Trait Fit_Crown_hungary > 0
    and I_SettlementOwner Esztergom = hungary
    and not I_WorldwideAncillaryExists crown_hungary

AcquireAncillary crown_hungary chance 100

Thanks for the tip - I have changed the code in the export_descr_ancillaries.txt to the below just to test if I can get the crown. My game is not crashing but neither do I get the crown. Using my limited programming language holding Esztergom should be fine along with the general stuff of being sane, authority etc... What else can be the problem do you think?

Condition Trait Fit_Crown_hungary > 0
    and I_SettlementOwner Esztergom = hungary
    and not I_WorldwideAncillaryExists crown_hungary

AcquireAncillary crown_hungary chance 100
    as said: I don't know... I've tried many times, but for me it was crashing.

Hey guys, Happy Thanksgiving and thank you for all of your hard work on this amazing mod.

I have an issue and I'm hoping you can help me out.

I've downloaded the most recent 0.98 however when I run it, it runs in a window. When I try to change the resolution it stays in the window but behaves as if it's fullscreen if that makes any sense?

I can play vanilla and 0.97 just fine and have maxed the resolution on both so I'm wondering if you guys might know where the issue lies.

Anyway thanks for the help.

I also have this problem with 2021 versions of SSHIP. A fix for this was posted awhile ago:

Also to fix the windowed mode, just delete all these lines (bold) in configuration.cfg

Code:
    [video]
    ### If you want to enable windowed mode, uncomment the following settings and adapt them to you screen resolution
    borderless_window =true
    windowed =true
    battle_resolution = 1920 1200 # Resolution on the battle map - (h*w)
    campaign_resolution = 1920 1200 # Resolution on the campaign map - (h*w)
    tga_width = 1920

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

The size of the file seems to make the download chargeable.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I start the download hoping that it goes to the end ...

I wanted to test the very latest version tonight but it's not possible:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by kostic; November 25, 2021 at 03:05 PM. Reason: 5 mn later...

Finally, by leaving my PC running overnight, I was able to opt for the latest SSHIP 098 version of November 25, 2021.

Unfortunately: a recurring CTD occurs on the campaign map as soon as I browse it with my mouse cursor.
    This happens quickly with the auto-save campaign (Fatimids) present in Load campaign.
    This also happens with my attempt to launch a campaign with Castile: as soon as I move my cursor over the map, the game crashes.

Am I the only one with this problem ?

PS: I had started a campaign with Castile on the previous version (beta of 2021.11.15) and I had these crashes sometimes. It seemed that after passing a turn, these disappeared. But after a few turns, the game crashes every time I hover my cursor over the city of Cordoba.

Cast 1135
    The log does not report anything.

This bug really prevents playing and I have no idea where it came from.
    Is this happening with you ?

I had an issue with some entries for the dismounted turkopole archers and the Sudan archers for Fatimids, I wasnt able to fight any battles against the Fatimids until I fixed those entries (I think they were missing textures).

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

I think the new Georgian roster will be cool - In next version.

Currently warriors of different eras and a non-historical roster
    Last edited by Khevsur; November 27, 2021 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Megas_Doux7 View Post
    I had an issue with some entries for the dismounted turkopole archers and the Sudan archers for Fatimids, I wasnt able to fight any battles against the Fatimids until I fixed those entries (I think they were missing textures).
    You probably have the old beta 098 from August which has missing textures for some units.
    You can download and install this patch or try the latest version on the download thread.

Then remember to run the Map and Bin file cleaner (which is in mods / SSHIP_098) before launching the game otherwise you will have text errors.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Many icons do not match Unit. It will be good if you make icons of the units in the future- All in one style. I think Medieval 2 vanilla units should be removed, Or reskin done. Otherwise it is a very different style- It Destroys atmosphere of the game. As for the Georgian warriors - currently the roster and the warriors are non-historical . I'm glad it will be fixed in the future and It will not stay like that.

My friend's drawing was very good in the game
    Last edited by Khevsur; November 27, 2021 at 05:56 PM.

Foederatus

I'm ~ 35 turns into a 0.98 beta (Nov) campaign as Georgia and enjoying it so far but twice now while scrolling across the screen the game has crashed. Very strange as I've never encountered this before that I can recall. According to steam I have over 3590 hours of game time now so its possible but I don't recall at any rate experiencing it. The log just has the usual files open stuff and then encountered an unspecified error and will now exit;

21:45:01.485 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/greek/buildings/#greek_wind_mill.tga,19388
    21:45:01.486 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/greek/buildings/#greek_wind_mill.tga (from: C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    21:45:01.486 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/units/georgia/#georgian_light_spearmen.tga (from: C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    21:45:01.486 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/units/georgia/#georgian_light_spearmen.tga (from: C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    21:45:03.237 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Anyone else experienced this. Other than that I haven't had any crashes so far which is much better than the 0.97 campaign I had a month or two ago.

Foederatus

OK it may be related to this rebel stack which was one of the events for Georgia as payback for raids into Armenia... not that I'm in the middle of siege of Ani or anything like that! Georgia wouldn't do anything like that, regional order, securit and respect of ones neighbors always.

If I run mouse over it the game may crash and if I try and double click then it definitely crashes;

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	366151

22:11:22.354 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <wait_monitors> at line 64503 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    22:11:22.701 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/031.tga,26540
    22:11:22.701 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/031.tga (from: C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    22:11:22.883 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/031.tga,26540
    22:11:22.883 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/031.tga (from: C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    22:11:30.064 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/135.tga,26540
    22:11:30.064 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/135.tga (from: C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    22:11:30.065 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/135.tga,26540
    22:11:30.065 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/135.tga (from: C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    22:11:30.065 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Below is a link to the full log and autosave if you need it.
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...AP?usp=sharing

It sounds like my crashes reported on this thread lately. This doesn't seem to be happening for all players, which is curious. see here