Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

StaefanBatory's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

I've attached two saves:
    Autosave_10.sav :
    bugged georgian named character (who causes CTD when fights), pos: x 106, y 134
    bugged HRE captain (who causes CTD when moves to pos x 343, 107 or turns into named character), pos: x 341, 100
    france_2.sav:
    new one - bugged crusade captain (who propably was named_characer? I observed once similar problem, when my general should have died, but he turned into ghost without banner and locked actions), pos: 337, 104
    https://imgur.com/l5ayEuW

I don't know the moment when they are turning into other forms. I just meet them while playing and check them occasionally.
    See my old posts.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by StaefanBatory; August 11, 2022 at 05:16 PM.
    Life without Total War games isn't a life

At last, my save game is completely broken. Any action causes CTD. For example: my turn, while I'm clicking wherever.

Found this error log:
    Code:
    09:40:11.024 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SSHIP_098_vanila/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt, at line 148424, column 65
    Expected opening brace, '{'
    campaign_scrript.txt:
    historic_event noble_lady_spawn_france factions factions { hre, france, england, aragon, spain, portugal, scotland, pisa, venice, hungary, poland, norway, denmark, }

Last part of bugs from this campaign:
    france, knights_of_santiago _minor_ch, Minor City, No text or UI, "NOT MEANT FOR THIS CULTURE"
    france, Mounted Crossbowmen, no unit info image
    france, Knights of Santiago, no unit info image
    event, Kunsag, "Kingdom of Hungary Reforms 4" - is the correct text?
    event, Hanseatic cities intensify cooperation, no video (black screen)
    trait, AI Boost Hard, papal_state, Pope, This trait is visible as pope trait

Strange behavior:
    besieging, Some AI units totally disapeared when I besiege its ettlement, why?
    Last edited by StaefanBatory; August 12, 2022 at 03:12 AM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

strangely enough, I don't have this code in my working version o 098. But I'm using the most recent one, after Belovese's debugging.
    I'm sorry it was present in the previous version...

Thanks again for the detailled and helpfull bug report, I've noted these and we'll have a look to correct what we can.

I just checked the current campaign_script, there is no more occurences of the typo "factions factions" as Jurand said.

For the besieging units, maybe they were mercenaries that were disbanded when AI was in debt?
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Icon5 Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

I'm in 1200 and the Hanseatic League event hasn't happened yet, any answers pls?

Quote Originally Posted by Mattus View Post
    I'm in 1200 and the Hanseatic League event hasn't happened yet, any answers pls?
    As Poland you need to build 4+ Local Guards and 2+ Shaft Mines (ie level 3)
    if RandomPercent < 40
    if I_EventCounter OSTSIEDLUNG = 0 ; in case any other Ostsiedlung trigger already has fired
    and I_TurnNumber > 99
    and I_CompareCounter number_landowners2_built > 3 ; 4+ Local Guards were built (Large Town level)
    and I_CompareCounter number_mines_built > 1 ; 2+ Shaft Mines were build (miners were first people to move east)

log -------------------- Poland evolution: (2) OSTSIEDLUNG ----------------------------------------
    ; historically should take place around turn 100 - (ca. 1180) - higher growth of the settlements
    historic_event OSTSIEDLUNG

if not I_IsFactionAIControlled poland
    set_event_counter poland_ostsiedlung_player 1
    end_if
    if not I_IsFactionAIControlled hungary ; in case the player is Hungary, but it was Poland AI triggering the event
    set_event_counter hungary_ostsiedlung_player 1
    end_if
    if not I_IsFactionAIControlled hre ; in case the player is HRE, but it was Poland AI triggering the event
    set_event_counter hre_ostsiedlung_player 1
    end_if
    end_if
    or it will happen after 1207
    monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart FactionType slave

if I_EventCounter OSTSIEDLUNG > 0 ; in case it was prompted earlier by triggers in one of the three relevant factions
    terminate_monitor
    end_if

if I_TurnNumber > 140 ; fall back in year 1207
    and RandomPercent < 10

historic_event OSTSIEDLUNG ; so important that should be known to the whole world

if not I_IsFactionAIControlled hungary
    inc_event_counter hungary_ostsiedlung_player 1
    end_if

if not I_IsFactionAIControlled poland
    inc_event_counter poland_ostsiedlung_player 1
    end_if

if not I_IsFactionAIControlled hre
    inc_event_counter hre_ostsiedlung_player 1
    end_if

terminate_monitor
    end_if

end_monitor
    BUT: the script was drafted already some time ago and these were not so widespread in PL, I mean: more PL provinces didn't have those local guards - this means they could have been built - and perhaps now it's more difficult to achieve this condition. You can build them in Gdansk and Plock, but then you need to conquer two more settlements and build them there too (Szczecin/Olomouc/Kuningsberg). We need to reflect, actually.

;------------------------------------------------------------
    declare_counter number_landowners2_built ; LOCAL GUARDS

monitor_event BuildingCompleted TrueCondition
    and SettlementBuildingFinished = landowners2
    and not IsFactionAIControlled

inc_counter number_landowners2_built 1

end_monitor
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; August 14, 2022 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    As Poland you need to build 4+ Local Guards and 2+ Shaft Mines (ie level 3)

or it will happen after 1207

BUT: the script was drafted already some time ago and these were not so widespread in PL, I mean: more PL provinces didn't have those local guards - this means they could have been built - and perhaps now it's more difficult to achieve this condition. You can build them in Gdansk and Plock, but then you need to conquer two more settlements and build them there too (Szczecin/Olomouc/Kuningsberg). We need to reflect, actually.
    Ostsiedlung started some turn later - LOL - but I had refered to Hansa Event, that permit to build baltic trade building.
    I have seen the script but I dont understand: me and HRE own Lubeck and Stetin ( before Denmark has owned Lubeck but I think the game reputed him a pagan.... )

Quote Originally Posted by Mattus View Post
    Ostsiedlung started some turn later - LOL - but I had refered to Hansa Event, that permit to build baltic trade building.
    I have seen the script but I dont understand: me and HRE own Lubeck and Stetin ( before Denmark has owned Lubeck but I think the game reputed him a pagan.... )
    Ah, overlooked it. So: even if something goes wrong with Lubeck and Stetin, there's also a fall-back script to fire after 92 turns:

;---------- (I) Hanseatic League : can build Baltic Trade building (see EDB)
    ; in practice, it will happen between turns 15 and 45
    ; mind that there're are info windows for the player upon conquest of the settlements in the relevant part of the script
    if I_EventCounter HANSEATIC_LEAGUE = 0

if I_EventCounter Lubeck_conquered_number_of_times > 0 ; Lubeck conquered
    and I_EventCounter Szczecin_conquered_number_of_times > 0 ; Szczecin conquered
    historic_event HANSEATIC_LEAGUE
    end_if

if I_TurnNumber > 90
    and RandomPercent < 50
    historic_event HANSEATIC_LEAGUE
    end_if
    end_if

Ah, overlooked it. So: even if something goes wrong with Lubeck and Stetin, there's also a fall-back script to fire after 92 turns:
    Then I'm really unlucky, I'm on round 182 and nothing has happened yet.... I believe in somethings after turn 200

« if I_TurnNumber > 200 ; fall back : in case of failure or a bug
    and RandomPercent > 50

historic_event HANSEATIC_LEAGUE_EXPANDS { poland, hre, france, england, norway, denmark, hungary, lithuania, kievan_rus, russia, }

terminate_monitor
    end_if

end_monitor »
    Last edited by Mattus; August 14, 2022 at 11:37 AM.

i found some bugs in sship 0.98 April 2022, the rebels generals have "hidsmen" bodyguards... it is in my english campaign when I defeated the Scots and eliminated them, so all their armies and commanders had these bodyguards... on the other hand, the "Albigensian heresy" event appears to me in several turnsI leave you my save so you can check my campaign, I also think that in the unique Scottish building Scottish units could be recruited even if you are another faction but you conquer them, on the other hand I think that the Scottish units should be reviewed in terms of their models, They still have the old vanilla models...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scots hirdsmen.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	906.6 KB 
ID:	367967Ingleses.rar
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    i found some bugs in sship 0.98 April 2022, the rebels generals have "hidsmen" bodyguards... it is in my english campaign when I defeated the Scots and eliminated them, so all their armies and commanders had these bodyguards... on the other hand, the "Albigensian heresy" event appears to me in several turnsI leave you my save so you can check my campaign, I also think that in the unique Scottish building Scottish units could be recruited even if you are another faction but you conquer them, on the other hand I think that the Scottish units should be reviewed in terms of their models, They still have the old vanilla models...
    thanks for the info, j.a.!
    I hope the Albigensian crusade info is already fixed:
    monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart FactionType france ; infos triggers will go here
    if I_SettlementOwner Paris = france
    and RandomPercent < 40
    if I_EventCounter albigensian_heresy = 0
    log -------------------- France evolution: ALBIGENSIANS ----------------------------------------
    set_event_counter continue 0
    if I_TurnNumber > 30
    and I_SettlementOwner Poitiers = france ; France is close to Toulouse
    and I_SettlementOwner Clermont = france
    set_event_counter continue 1
    ; both conditions and effects to be developed
    end_if

if I_TurnNumber > 50 ; FALL BACK - in case of failure or a bug
    set_event_counter continue 1
    end_if

if I_EventCounter continue = 1
    set_event_counter continue 0
    historic_event albigensian_heresy factions { france, hre, england, scotland, norway, poland, hungary, aragon, spain, portugal, pisa, venice, }
    if not I_IsFactionAIControlled france
    inc_event_counter france3_Albigensian_Crusade_player 1
    end_if
    end_if
    end_if

if I_EventCounter money_first_ecu = 0
    and I_EventCounter albigensian_heresy = 1
    and I_TurnNumber > 270 ; ECU - mint more productive
    log ------ ecu
    historic_event MONEY_FIRST_ECU factions { france, hre, england, poland, hungary, aragon, spain, portugal, }
    terminate_monitor
    end_if
    end_if
    end_monitor
    for The Rock in Edinburgh - ok, let's give the other factions Galwegian Javelinmen

thanks for the info, j.a.!
    I hope the Albigensian crusade info is already fixed:

for The Rock in Edinburgh - ok, let's give the other factions Galwegian Javelinmen
    Your welcome Jurand! About Albigensian crusade is possible spam in the game more heretic priests in south of France? Toulouse and Bordeoux for example... It is inmersive for the game because you will have that send your priests and assasins to fight against these heretic people...

About Rock in Edinburgh also is possible that can any faction that conquers this territory recruit the same as the Scots recruited? I think they were the "clansmen" and the "noble chieftains", I think it would be logical to recruit a Scottish noble class for the owners of this site, as well as the rest of the AOR units ( clansmen and galwegian javelinmen)
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Your welcome Jurand! About Albigensian crusade is possible spam in the game more heretic priests in south of France? Toulouse and Bordeoux for example... It is inmersive for the game because you will have that send your priests and assasins to fight against these heretic people...

About Rock in Edinburgh also is possible that can any faction that conquers this territory recruit the same as the Scots recruited? I think they were the "clansmen" and the "noble chieftains", I think it would be logical to recruit a Scottish noble class for the owners of this site, as well as the rest of the AOR units ( clansmen and galwegian javelinmen)
    Clansmen and nobles wouldn't fight for anybody else than their king.

I have noticed that the AI tends to recruit only troops from landowners or at least in a ratio of 5:1 - Turks Seljuk in my Zengid game have recruited practically only Fari units

louigi's Avatar Foederatus

hello everyone! i just downloaded SSHIP yesterday and i'm worried i did something wrong. in my SS6.3 folder there's a system log with the following text

22:52:44.380 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    22:52:44.380 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    22:52:44.396 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    22:52:44.396 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    22:52:44.396 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    22:52:44.396 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    22:52:44.396 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    22:52:44.396 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    22:55:37.191 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 667, column 29
    resource fish positioned on 13,121 which is an invalid tile.

22:55:37.191 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 668, column 29
    resource fish positioned on 13,121 which is an invalid tile.

22:55:37.213 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1440, column 1
    The character record Consigliere Domenico is set as faction heir but is not in the family tree.
    22:55:37.422 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 10095, column 1
    The character record Prince Guillaume is set as faction heir but is not in the family tree.
    22:55:37.579 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt, at line 49139, column 25
    counter value not declared

22:55:37.579 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt, at line 49141, column 26
    counter value not declared

22:55:54.198 [game.script] [always] SSHIP VERSION 0.97 BUILD 2021-08-23. For support please upload log and savegames here: https:/www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?654747-Bugs-Reports-amp-Technical-Help
    22:55:54.198 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    22:55:54.889 [game.script] [always] Turn Start spain
    23:25:10.702 [game.script] [always] Turn End spain
    23:25:10.704 [game.script] [always] Turn Start sicily
    23:25:11.118 [game.script] [always] Turn End sicily
    23:25:11.120 [game.script] [always] Turn Start abbasid
    23:25:11.714 [game.script] [always] Turn End abbasid
    23:25:11.715 [game.script] [always] Turn Start denmark
    23:25:12.551 [game.script] [always] Turn End denmark
    23:25:12.552 [game.script] [always] Turn Start egypt
    23:25:13.531 [game.script] [always] Turn End egypt
    23:25:13.535 [game.script] [always] Turn Start scotland
    23:25:13.991 [game.script] [always] Turn End scotland
    23:25:13.992 [game.script] [always] Turn Start cumans
    23:25:15.456 [game.script] [always] Turn End cumans
    23:25:15.457 [game.script] [always] Turn Start turks
    23:25:17.273 [game.script] [always] Turn End turks
    23:25:17.274 [game.script] [always] Turn Start france
    23:25:17.790 [game.script] [always] Turn End france
    23:25:17.790 [game.script] [always] Turn Start hre
    23:25:19.591 [game.script] [always] Turn End hre
    23:25:19.592 [game.script] [always] Turn Start england
    23:25:20.188 [game.script] [always] Turn End england
    23:25:20.189 [game.script] [always] Turn Start portugal
    23:25:23.192 [game.script] [always] Turn End portugal
    23:25:23.194 [game.script] [always] Turn Start poland
    23:25:25.142 [game.script] [always] Turn End poland
    23:25:25.143 [game.script] [always] Turn Start byzantium
    23:25:25.310 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <if>, at line 49143, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    <faction> is unavailable from event <>
    when testing <NumBuildingsCompletedFaction> condition
    23:25:27.763 [game.script] [always] Turn End byzantium
    23:25:27.770 [game.script] [always] Turn Start moors
    23:25:28.959 [game.script] [always] Turn End moors
    23:25:28.961 [game.script] [always] Turn Start russia
    23:25:29.913 [game.script] [always] Turn End russia
    23:25:29.913 [game.script] [always] Turn Start venice
    23:25:30.175 [game.script] [always] Turn End venice
    23:25:30.176 [game.script] [always] Turn Start hungary
    23:25:31.399 [game.script] [always] Turn End hungary
    23:25:31.400 [game.script] [always] Turn Start aragon
    23:25:32.122 [game.script] [always] Turn End aragon
    23:25:32.124 [game.script] [always] Turn Start lithuania
    23:25:32.614 [game.script] [always] Turn End lithuania
    23:25:32.615 [game.script] [always] Turn Start kievan_rus
    23:25:33.790 [game.script] [always] Turn End kievan_rus
    23:25:33.791 [game.script] [always] Turn Start serbia
    23:25:34.093 [game.script] [always] Turn End serbia
    23:25:34.094 [game.script] [always] Turn Start georgia
    23:25:34.583 [game.script] [always] Turn End georgia
    23:25:34.584 [game.script] [always] Turn Start norway
    23:25:36.033 [game.script] [always] Turn End norway
    23:25:36.035 [game.script] [always] Turn Start jerusalem
    23:25:38.102 [game.script] [always] Turn End jerusalem
    23:25:38.104 [game.script] [always] Turn Start zengid
    23:25:39.078 [game.script] [always] Turn End zengid
    23:25:39.078 [game.script] [always] Turn Start rum
    23:25:40.667 [game.script] [always] Turn End rum
    23:25:40.668 [game.script] [always] Turn Start pisa
    23:25:40.870 [game.script] [always] Turn End pisa
    23:25:40.871 [game.script] [always] Turn Start papal_states
    23:25:41.106 [game.script] [always] Turn End papal_states
    23:25:41.107 [game.script] [always] Turn Start slave
    23:25:43.920 [game.script] [always] Turn End slave
    23:25:44.248 [game.script] [always] Turn Start spain

there's some errors in there so i wonder if this is something bad

thanks in advance

Hello louigi, those errors are minors so you can play the mod, but I would advise you to get on the latest version 0.98 here: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...22-for-testing
    There has been a lot of changes between the 0.97 we have on modDB, and the testing builds for 0.98 we have here on the forum. And those version are playable, with updated feature and not more crashes than 0.97

Hi Folks, been away for a while ( November .98 was the last version I played I think).

Anyone familiar with AGO for DAC will know how much EOP adds to the game, are there any plans to implement for SSHIP? Is there a lot of work required? Even the ability to set diplomatic stance or extra ancillaries would be a huge boon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackfyre View Post
    Hi Folks, been away for a while ( November .98 was the last version I played I think).

Anyone familiar with AGO for DAC will know how much EOP adds to the game, are there any plans to implement for SSHIP? Is there a lot of work required? Even the ability to set diplomatic stance or extra ancillaries would be a huge boon.
    I appreciate the wish to help improving the mod with a good council, but in my opinion we don't need additional technical abitilities, we need modding power (working hours of experience modders).
    @Belovese is strongly in favour of switching to EOP, so maybe we'd get there one day.

Lord Blackfyre, thanks for the suggestion, and I'm curious: what did you felt EOP was adding to your gameplay experience, appart from removing the ancillary limit?

As Jurand said I agree with you about the possibilities it could open, but we (jurand and myself) also had an in-depth reflexion about the mod's needs and how to priorize our work.

That being said I learned Lua and I'm keeping an eye on the EOP discord to see how it evolves.

We also started using git to have a simpler workflow, with the hope it would makes us more efficient and have more time for pure modding.

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

Hi, quick posting:
    world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt,
    1)
    08:44:20.471 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <inc_counter>, at line 73657, in mods/SSHIP_098_Feudalic/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Counter number_settlements_conquered_by_player doesn't exist
    line 3264:
    Code:
        set_event_counter number_settlements_conquered_by_player 0
    But in other lines, for example 56870:
    Code:
        inc_counter number_settlements_conquered_by_player 1
    It should be inc_event_counter in whole script.

2)
    10:05:36.622 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <monitor_event>, at line 3321, in mods/SSHIP_098_Feudalic/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    <character_record> is unavailable from event <FactionTurnStart>
    FactionwideAncillaryExists condition should be assigned to character_record not to a faction (see Docudemons). Also condition:
    FactionTurnStart not IsFactionAIControlled is equal to FactionTurnStart FactionIsLocal, so then can be write:

CharacterTurnStart IsFactionLeader
    and CharacterIsLocal
    and FactionwideAncillaryExists master_smith
    and I_TurnNumber > 50
    As local faction we have always faction leader, so check should be correctly. (no faction leader == faction destroyed (correct me if I'm wrong)).
    Last edited by StaefanBatory; August 26, 2022 at 11:36 AM.