Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

'all' - means the unit will be available to all factions in custom battle if eras are not defined. Most likely for a couple of them as silver surfers, especially when you do that at the beginning of developing a mod. It can also get cumulatively too much for the custom battle list to handle.

Never mind that the slave faction will be able to recruit the unit.

Using collective terms like culture, religion and 'all' can fire back - refer to the 'gap in building' error in EDB for example.

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    it seems there's something with your build.
    log doesn't tell anything
    upload the save
    The problem is the save is the one I just downloaded from you!

It's odd though- I tried running a different campaign, and the turn 1/2 marker passed easily.

Icon2 Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich trooper View Post
    Hi all,I'm not sure if this is a bug or am I missing something but some of my cities have less recruitment slots than it should be. I'll add the screenshot bellow for you to see yourself but for example in Nicaia i have stone walls and 25k population, when i right click the stone walls it says recruitment slots available: 2 if I already have concil chambers and crop rotation. I have already constucted them but still have only 1 slot of recruitment. Same thing in Constantinople and Tessaloniki too. Is the way it should be or a bug or am i missing something?

https://imgur.com/a/rwqRg5d
    Code:
            recruitment_slots 3 requires not event_counter freeze_recr_pool 1 and not building_present_min_level farms farms+2 and not building_present_min_level city_hall council_chambers
            recruitment_slots 2 requires not event_counter freeze_recr_pool 1 and building_present_min_level farms farms+2 and not building_present_min_level city_hall council_chambers
            recruitment_slots 2 requires not event_counter freeze_recr_pool 1 and building_present_min_level city_hall council_chambers and not building_present_min_level farms farms+2
            recruitment_slots 1 requires not event_counter freeze_recr_pool 1
    Looks indeed as a bug. Two nots too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwich trooper View Post
    How do I fix it?
    In EDB replace with:
    Code:
            recruitment_slots 3 requires event_counter freeze_recr_pool 1 and building_present_min_level farms farms+2 and not building_present_min_level city_hall council_chambers
            recruitment_slots 2 requires not event_counter freeze_recr_pool 1 and building_present_min_level farms farms+2 and not building_present_min_level city_hall council_chambers
            recruitment_slots 2 requires not event_counter freeze_recr_pool 1 and building_present_min_level city_hall council_chambers and not building_present_min_level farms farms+2
    Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse View Post
    First, hello everyone because this is my first post on twcenter's forum! And many thanks to the team of this amazing mod.

Then, sorry to dig a post a bit old, but about the recruitment slots bug and in case it helps someone else:

In EDB replace with:
    Code:
            recruitment_slots 3 requires event_counter freeze_recr_pool 1 and building_present_min_level farms farms+2 and not building_present_min_level city_hall council_chambers
    This code didn't work for me, but I fixed it by changing the first line to:
    Code:
            recruitment_slots 3 requires not event_counter freeze_recr_pool 1 and building_present_min_level farms farms+2 and building_present_min_level city_hall council_chambers
    The same method (removing the two "not" after "freeze_recr_pool 1" in the higher recruitment slot value for the building) fixes the higher levels of walls.

Hope it's clear, english is not my native language.

Cheers!
    A quick fix to City's all wall levels for anyone who didn't make it himself/herself:
    Recruitment Slots Fix for SSHIP v0.9.6.zip

Installation:
    Just extract the zip in mod's main folder (SS6.3, SSHIP or whatever you named it).

I kindly suggest Lifthrasir, Jurand of Cracow or someone else (who has permission for editing the post) to put the above file in:
    [Release] SSHIP v0.9.6 downloadable - 6th of December 2019

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Reference added. Thanks, @NaczelnyS!

Yeah, thanks

Might-not-be-a-bug report:

I've noticed something peculiar: everytime I want to quickly skip turns (for testing purposes), without doing much ingame other than closing popups, the game CTDs (like in 3rd or 5th turn)

System.log.txt doesn't say anything related. I have memory patch on.

When I play like you are supposed to, it works great. So it's nothing worth sweating about, just reporting it.

That is super weird. I wonder if Gigantus has any thoughts on this... He is the guru for all things Med2, and maybe he has an idea of what might cause such an odd thing to occur.
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Well, I've also tested the new build of the SSHIP and I got to turn 100.
    I had a crash on 1 turn, and three other related to the civil war sctipt. However, they're between the turns and I was able to move forward from the autosave.
    But I didn't have crashes even if I wouldn't make any moves.

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

I ve had those crashes on the newer versions too , but they are not game breaking. I think the most logical conclusion would be that the engine sometimes has a seizure and crashes, but i had no game breaking or game corruption in my 450 turn campaign with England so far.

The game is much more stable and the traits are better overall , good job Joc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo11 View Post
    That is super weird. I wonder if Gigantus has any thoughts on this... He is the guru for all things Med2, and maybe he has an idea of what might cause such an odd thing to occur.
    Can't say I have heard of that one before - but there is always the possibility that something hasn't finished processing when the 'next turn' button gets pressed in rapid succession. For stability testing over longer periods I do use the hotseat method: give the AI control over my faction for a while before taking control back again. Never had problems with that approach.

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

Getting a constant CTD... any way to prevent that?[ATTACH]361958

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XGj...ew?usp=sharing
    Attached Files Attached Files
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

Blog Entries

There are some unrecognized traits which will not cause a crash. You need to set your log to trace, run the mod again and then compress the new log (huge) and attach it again.

Slor's Avatar Civis

This submod kills my sounds. In battle I have general voices and sound when I click a unit, every other sound is dead.

Reinstalled fresh game, fresh SS everything works fine.. install this mod and again kills my sounds. Also, a good amount of campaign sounds aswell like door sound when exiting settlement, clicking on units etc. not working.

Slor, could you be more precise? What voices are missing exactly?

Btw, I reckon you use English version of the game?

Slor's Avatar Civis

In battles the only sounds that work are generals talking and units talking when I click on them, and music. On the campaign map I get music, character voices when you click on a general/diplomat etc. Every other sound is dead.

I use the English version yes, I also have 5 other mods working, and SS6.4 works fine until I install this submod.

So the only missing sounds would be SFX (combat sounds, clashing weapons, menu buttons clicks, end turn sounds, etc.)?

I don't know how's that possible

How did you install SSHIP? According to instruction?

Do you have SFX.dat, SFX.idx, Voice.dat, Voice.idx (among other files) in your SS6.3/Data/Sounds folder?

CTD report:

Pikemen units in schiltrom formation crash the game. Not instantly, but they can't present weapons and game CTDs when the enemy comes near enough.

Scots Pike Militia is an example... ironically they can't use schiltrom apparently.

Hello, while working on my syntax highlighting I spotted what I believe are a few mistakes in descr_engines.txt and descr_effect_impact.txt Here is a summary of these small corrections I made in these file:

in descr_engine
    great_bombard, line 732
    Code:
    engine_mass            5 ; was 5q, removed q (Belovèse)
    in descr_effect_impact
    (one of each type of change as an exemple here, but all changes are signed in the file if someone want to check)line 17
    Code:
            vel_range                0.5, 0.18 ; added missing space (Belovèse)
    line 1276
    Code:
            debris_lifetime_range    15, 15    ; was 15, 15. with the dot at the end (Belovèse)
    line 3258
    Code:
            colour                     255, 255, 255    ; added missing spaces (Belovèse)
    Shoud this one be without spaces, and all that are about rgb color? But in some places they are with spaces.

and a question: all the acceleration lines are missing a space between all the values, like below. Do you know if it's normal?
    Code:
            acceleration            0,0.1,0

In case it was the right choices, here are the edited file descr_engines and descr_effect_impact

If needed I could also update the colour and acceleration lines.

Just spotted some missing spaces in descr_arrow_trail_effects, if needed I could also fix that.

If you can, then just go for it! Thanks!

If you can, then just go for it! Thanks!
    I'll do that then. Do you know more about the spaces in "colour" or "acceleration" lines? I made a quick search on the Workshop but didn't find anything. If you don't I'll ask there directly.